• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Emerson vs Nevada

Started by yesteryearman, January 08, 2016, 09:57:14 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

yesteryearman

My friend and I drove down and watched Emerson vs Nevada.  As a side note, got there for last part of girls game, and to put it mildly, girls basketball in south Arkansas, at least in 1A is pitiful.

Boys game was very good, with Emerson squeaking by 56-54.  Wouldn't have been as close if Emerson had made some free throws.  But at same time Emerson made I think three 3's from off the backboard.  I can see why Nevada should be ranked in top 5.  They have a lot of very good athletes, and I thought their coach had a good game plan for Emerson.  Talked to some Emerson folks on way out and they said that #30 from Emerson has for some reason lost his confidence in his offense since Christmas break.  I think he was like 1 for 7 from foul line.  Wouldn't surprise me if Nevada beats Emerson either in District or Regional

thabeast428

Oh lord hope puddlepirate12 doesn't see this lol he will get offensive lol

yesteryearman

Quote from: thabeast428 on January 08, 2016, 10:30:40 pm

Sometimes the truth may hurt a little bit

PuddlePirate12

Quote from: thabeast428 on January 08, 2016, 10:30:40 pm

I'm offended

PuddlePirate12

Not really. And yeah Emerson was pretty bad from the FT line tonight. Were 19-20 last night. #30 was 10-11. I can't say it's the norm for them to shoot 95% from the line but it's not the norm for them to shoot as bad as they did tonight. Of course I can't say they would shoot better in a future matchup but there's atleast an extra 15 or so points they could capitalize on. Emerson also hit 4 or 5 threes that were nothing but net. (If it matters).

Tonight's atmosphere was awesome. Felt like an old Emerson vs Stephens or Waldo vs McNiel matchup. And I wouldn't want to be on Nevadas side of the bracket come March. I mean Emerson, Guy, Bay, and anyone else. If they get hot and fired up they're solid. I would say they're neck neck with Emerson in an honest opinion. Emerson has beat them twice by a total of 6 points. And they're about 10 players deeper than Emerson and the coach takes good advantage of that. They play hard nose defense and would assume just foul vs letting you get in the lane. Nothing against that. I'd do the same. They're some ball players and got some good size. Look forward to seeing a possible matchup in district or regionals.

Sportzman12

Went to the game also and was very impressed in the competition level. Both teams didn't really play to the best of their abilities. Emerson barely got the W tonight against Nevada. Can't wait for this matchup I'm district and most likely regionals!

PuddlePirate12

I feel like these are the top 2 teams in the region. Nevada lost to Kirby but I think Nevada must have improved since then. Kirby will be a close 3rd. Haven't seen Trinity but they may be 4th. Supposing Guy and Bay win their region they will also be on the same side as 2nd from this region. Which will make that side of the bracket by far the toughest of the two I would think. Winning this region will be big to keep from being placed on the tougher side. Not that the other teams on the opposite side aren't deservant but if you can choose between playing a top 3 team and a lower ranked team most would choose the latter

Pirate1992

Nevada is a great team big with depth, the coach just sub to much & doesn't let a hot player stay in the game,  & yes they very much a top 5 team in 1A. Said that at the start of the season.. Far as Emerson they keep winning doesn't matter if you win by 1 point or 30 point a win is a win & they find a way to do that, they played ok & just stunned at the ft line. Jefferson was like 1-12 by his self & Revels was like 3-8..  But they had heart to pull out another close one.. Great game tho, place was going crazy in the last 2:00 min.. What high school 🏀 used to be

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas