• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

State/region bidsw

Started by HorseFeathers, January 04, 2016, 03:58:06 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

HorseFeathers

BlackMamba

How much have you had to drink tonight HF? :P

HorseFeathers

Quote from: BlackMamba on January 04, 2016, 07:46:44 pm
How much have you had to drink tonight HF? :P

Not enough, I'm still typing in English haha

BlackMamba

Have heard that Bay will try and bid on State and host it at Valley View if they don't get it for 5A

NEA Razorback olfan

Quote from: BlackMamba on January 04, 2016, 08:40:01 pm
Have heard that Bay will try and bid on State and host it at Valley View if they don't get it for 5A

Valley View would be nice!!
Plus plenty of Hotels and restaurants in Jonesboro!!!

HorseFeathers

Quote from: NEA Razorback olfan on January 04, 2016, 08:58:48 pm

Valley View would be nice!!
Plus plenty of Hotels and restaurants in Jonesboro!!!

At least it wouldn't be in the middle of nowhere haha

bluegrassboy75

I may be wrong (have been before) but I don't think Valley View will get 5A since GCT had it last year.

CRHS4LIFE

Deadline to submit bids is Thursday. The committee will meet next Thursday to award host sites.

yesteryearman

Should make it quite a game then, Bay vs Guy in state semifinals......

StateChamps09

Oh Jesus I hope not... Beating bay in the state semi's in a tourney there gonna be hosting... Oh God that'll be rough

OB11

Valley View's gym is nice.  I think the 1A State tourney would do very well there.   

StateChamps09

I haven't been to valley view in awhile... It was either 08 or 09... They still have the same gym? I feel like. Heard somewhere that they were building a new one a few years back?

OB11

Quote from: StateChamps09 on January 05, 2016, 01:38:19 pm
I haven't been to valley view in awhile... It was either 08 or 09... They still have the same gym? I feel like. Heard somewhere that they were building a new one a few years back?

They just built a new one.  Been using 3 years or so?  Someone correct me on that if I'm wrong.  It's really nice.  Fun place to see a game.  They hosted 5A state volleyball there this past year. 

StateChamps09

OK I thought I'd heard that. HF I just realized that I know you. Haha I seen you at the two rivers guy game. And realized I knew who you were.

HorseFeathers

Quote from: StateChamps09 on January 05, 2016, 01:54:20 pm
OK I thought I'd heard that. HF I just realized that I know you. Haha I seen you at the two rivers guy game. And realized I knew who you were.

??? Cause I don't think I know anyone from guy?

StateChamps09

Hmm maybe I don't know you, and your not who I think you are.. Lol I thought you were a "buddy" of Hutch's that we all met at the state finals in 09

HorseFeathers

Quote from: StateChamps09 on January 05, 2016, 02:05:58 pm
Hmm maybe I don't know you, and your not who I think you are.. Lol I thought you were a "buddy" of Hutch's that we all met at the state finals in 09

No that ain't me...I was at that game on the two rivers side though

StateChamps09

Hmmm. Do you know the coach that left ola in 09-10 school year and is now at guy?

HorseFeathers

Quote from: StateChamps09 on January 05, 2016, 02:15:31 pm
Hmmm. Do you know the coach that left ola in 09-10 school year and is now at guy?

I know who he is, but I don't think he'd know me either. A friend of mine is pretty good friends with him though...

RedWolf275

Quote from: StateChamps09 on January 05, 2016, 01:38:19 pm

Everything at Valley View is pretty well new.

StateChamps09

Hmmm. Your probably not who I think you are then haha

ballmember

I have heard 2 bids so far for class a,   GFWS and the one HF will really like  ---ICC!   Hope Greers ferry gets it. 

HorseFeathers

Quote from: ballmember on January 05, 2016, 04:56:04 pm
I have heard 2 bids so far for class a,   GFWS and the one HF will really like  ---ICC!   Hope Greers ferry gets it. 

..... I hate highway 9

bluegrassboy75

I just spoke to someone at Bay. They told me that the deal with Valley View fell through. They will be bidding on Regional and State to be held at Bay.

HorseFeathers

Quote from: bluegrassboy75 on January 05, 2016, 06:50:16 pm
I just spoke to someone at Bay. They told me that the deal with Valley View fell through. They will be bidding on Regional and State to be held at Bay.

Is their gym big enough? I ask because I don't remember them ever bidding on state before?

ballmember

I do not think their gym is big enough to hold state per a fan in that area who should know. I bet they get regional.   

BlackMamba

State definitely not, Regionals held at Bay in 2009

BeastieBoy13

WSGF is bidding for state and regionals.. Pretty good chance of getting state from what I heard but regionals was kind of in the air

chickasaw fan

NO, Bay gym is not big enough for state!! Valley View or Jonesboro gyms would be perfect.

chickasaw fan

OB11

Quote from: chickasaw fan on January 05, 2016, 09:51:05 pm
NO, Bay gym is not big enough for state!! Valley View or Jonesboro gyms would be perfect.

I haven't been in Trumann's gym but have heard it is nice.  I could see it being held in VV's gym over Jonesboro's.  Jonesboro did just redo the lobby area/offices a couple years back but if you're comparing the actual bleachers and floor, VV is better by a long shot. 

Catfish

WSGF is pretty much central Arkansas. Haven't had it since 2009. Very nice gym as well. They should get it!

pioneers

I don't think that trumann will let bay use their gym now.

WhatsUrRingSize

Quote from: pioneers on January 07, 2016, 09:19:10 pm
Trumann was never gonna  let Bay use their gym. Why would you help a school/team out that you haven't beat since Dec 1998 lol. The win streak is around 50 for Bay Sr boys vs Trumann.

Moonshiner

Quote from: WhatsUrRingSize on January 07, 2016, 11:05:21 pm
Quote from: pioneers on January 07, 2016, 09:19:10 pm
Trumann was never gonna  let Bay use their gym. Why would you help a school/team out that you haven't beat since Dec 1998 lol. The win streak is around 50 for Bay Sr boys vs Trumann.

Congratulations 👊

PuddlePirate12

I've heard Kirby was going to try to host region @nashville. Also heard Trinity Christian wanted to.. With their one sided seating and no food policy lol. I'm pretty sure Emerson didn't even ask this year

HorseFeathers

Quote from: PuddlePirate12 on January 08, 2016, 07:51:38 am
I've heard Kirby was going to try to host region @nashville. Also heard Trinity Christian wanted to.. With their one sided seating and no food policy lol. I'm pretty sure Emerson didn't even ask this year

As in no concessions???

ballmember

would not think Kirby would get it 2 years in a row.   ???        also, if trinity christian gym does not have enough seats they cant apply.    we need to get real and get back to holding class a tourneys in class a gyms.    you may not can move your recliners in but if class a school has enough seats per AAA; let them have the tourney.      It should be at a class a school.     

HF  ,  any idea how many class a schools have enough seats to hold class a state tourney?    know Greers Ferry Westside;  Hillcrest; Calico Rock;  ???????  must be several others.   

I still like atmosphere at a ballgame, that is being done away with though in the interest of something else.  Calico Rock held one of the best state tournaments I have ever attended;  no , I am not from there, just a high school basketball fan==mostly class A,  however we are working hard to do away with class a schools. 

CRHS4LIFE

It was a Community Effort with a lot of organziation and preparation. It takes a lot--I wish we would do it again soon. To my knowledge we did not bid on anything this year.

http://www.arkansasonline.com/news/2011/feb/10/tiny-school-host-huge-basketball-tournament/

Bigbird2012

Quote from: HF on January 08, 2016, 09:11:16 am
Quote from: PuddlePirate12 on January 08, 2016, 07:51:38 am

As in no concessions???

correct, they will not allow fans to eat in the stands. you have to stand up and eat.

PuddlePirate12

Yeah they got food but you can't sit in the stands. And the few tables they have are usually filled with students in my experience

Also.. I guess Bradley gym is large enough. It hosted. Emerson gym is almost identical. But I believe a gym must hold 1200(?) to be able to host. Bradley holds that but I think Emerson only holds like 1100

Bigbird2012

I believe you are correct Puddle. I have always thought that Emerson held more but apparently not.

HorseFeathers

Quote from: PuddlePirate12 on January 08, 2016, 11:12:18 am
Yeah they got food but you can't sit in the stands. And the few tables they have are usually filled with students in my experience

Also.. I guess Bradley gym is large enough. It hosted. Emerson gym is almost identical. But I believe a gym must hold 1200(?) to be able to host. Bradley holds that but I think Emerson only holds like 1100

I think 1200 is right

PuddlePirate12

Seems like Emerson would have added those extra 100 seats in somewhere. Surely somebody knew. I mean Superintendant Hines is/was on the AAA board I believe

HorseFeathers

Quote from: PuddlePirate12 on January 08, 2016, 12:01:02 pm
Seems like Emerson would have added those extra 100 seats in somewhere. Surely somebody knew. I mean Superintendant Hines is/was on the AAA board I believe

Bradley used actual chsirs to get theirs above minimum

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas