• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Top five girls and boys now that we are about to be back from Christmas break

Started by Ballhearts, January 02, 2016, 05:58:32 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Ballhearts

yesteryearman

WPWells

HorseFeathers

Girls
#1. Nemo Vista
#2. Kirby
#3. Caddo Hills

Boys
#1. Guy---23-0
#2. Bay
#3. Emerson

ballmember

Of the boys teams i have seen only Guy and Bay capable of winning it all.  Unless we have an upset, and the way Guy plays and lets you shoot ,  a team might get hot against them and upset.   Dont think upset will happen with Bay.    Guy would have to be number 1 right now.

Girls--Nemo Vista. 

HorseFeathers

Quote from: ballmember on January 02, 2016, 08:54:51 am
Of the boys teams i have seen only Guy and Bay capable of winning it all.  Unless we have an upset, and the way Guy plays and lets you shoot ,  a team might get hot against them and upset.   Dont think upset will happen with Bay.    Guy would have to be number 1 right now.

Girls--Nemo Vista. 

Bay has the shooters to do it...

BoxNOne

Girls
1. Nemo Vista
2. Kirby
3. ICC
4. Bay
5. Wonderview

Boys
1. Guy Perkins
2. Bay
3. Emerson
4. Nevada
5. ICC

Had to hold my nose to put ICC #5 but didn't know much about anyone else.

ballmember

Have not seen Emerson play but i think several teams could play with Nevada:  ex. Calico Rock and Shirley in north central Arkansas.     In fact,  Nevada beat shirley by 2 early in the year.   Will be interesting tournament.   

J.D.

Everyone stay tuned. 

I'm planning on bringing back the top ten. I'll make a post later with the rules and such for it. 

Central Ark

Quote from: J.D. on January 02, 2016, 07:06:51 pm
Everyone stay tuned. 

I'm planning on bringing back the top ten. I'll make a post later with the rules and such for it. 

Finally! Getting lazy JD!

StateChamps09

Thechosen1

I love when everyone starts to overlook bay bc you beat them earlier in the year, could not be a good thing for some teams...

HorseFeathers

Quote from: Thechosen1 on January 05, 2016, 10:01:26 am
I love when everyone starts to overlook bay bc you beat them earlier in the year, could not be a good thing for some teams...

I watched both within a week of each other....Id have guy as a slight favorite, but won't supruse me if bay beats them, if they both make it that far in the postseason.....haven't a clue about emerson, though..

StateChamps09

Anyone who's anyone within the AAA or sports annalysis has guy over bay in their list. With that being said, its basketball people anyone can win any given day... The list I reported was straight from the Arkansas democrat... Like I've said the way the brackets are done guy will be playing bay in the semis (granted both make it that far) and it will be put up or shut up Tim. And guy does have the upper hand, from the tournmanets they've won to being an impressive 22-0; beating lonoke, two rivers, and darnelle was impressive to say the least..

Ballhearts

Quote from: StateChamps09 on January 05, 2016, 01:08:05 pm
Anyone who's anyone within the AAA or sports annalysis has guy over bay in their list. With that being said, its basketball people anyone can win any given day... The list I reported was straight from the Arkansas democrat... Like I've said the way the brackets are done guy will be playing bay in the semis (granted both make it that far) and it will be put up or shut up Tim. And guy does have the upper hand, from the tournmanets they've won to being an impressive 22-0; beating lonoke, two rivers, and darnelle was impressive to say the least..
That list was straight out of the paper and yes I believe guy has upper hand as well I mean look who they have beaten I'm not saying guy can't be beat but guy has beat some really tough teams and is still remaining undefeated and if they do loose I feel it will only make them better bc they won't have the pressure of keeping the streak going

yesteryearman

Quote from: Ballhearts12 on January 07, 2016, 07:09:56 am
Quote from: StateChamps09 on January 05, 2016, 01:08:05 pm
That list was straight out of the paper and yes I believe guy has upper hand as well I mean look who they have beaten I'm not saying guy can't be beat but guy has beat some really tough teams and is still remaining undefeated and if they do loose I feel it will only make them better bc they won't have the pressure of keeping the streak going

I'll say it again......at this point it doesn't matter who Guy or Bay has beaten or has lost to or will possibly lose to.  From what I can tell, there is really no one in either region 2 or 3, barring a huge upset, that will keep Guy or Bay from winning their regions.   Then, when they both win their first two games at state, then the game of the year will be at hand, Guy (possibly undefeated) vs Bay.....the rankings are useful for these board discussions,  at the end of the day, or at the end of a day in March, we will know if it is Guy then Bay, or Bay then Guy...is it too early to get the Guy vs Bay discussions started?

Moonshiner

yesteryearman

Quote from: Moonshiner on January 07, 2016, 09:27:04 am
But that takes all the fun away

You're right.. .for almost everyone who is not Bay or Guy, anticipating these two oncoming trains on same track is fun to talk about and wait for....sort of like the old question, who is your favorite team...."well it is the home team and whoever is playing Notre Dame".....but also, a lot of it is really envy....a lot of 1A schools would like to be in the situation that Bay and Guy is in......again barring a huge upset, either Bay or Guy will not make it to the finals in Hot Springs, or wherever they are being played this year.

PuddlePirate12

After watching Nevada last night these are my top 5 boys:

1. Guy-- undefeated with way more wins than Emerson. Beat Bay
2. Emerson-- 16-0 biggest wins in 1a are Kirby, County Line, and Nevada twice
3. Bay-- If they're on they probably can't be stopped (haven't seen them) only thing keeping them from #1 is the earlier loss to Guy.. Which really means nothing now but it's got to be factored in
4. Nevada-- They're athletic and deep. Don't get in a run game with them. It may not end up how you want
5. County Line-- didn't look great earlier playing Emerson but they're county line and we all know they'll be there at the end

That being said 1-4 could probably go in any order depending on who is hot and who is not on any night. I also expect someone to sneak in that nobody is talking about.. Like an Acorn last year. Not saying it will be Acorn but I wouldn't be suprised if there's some early upsets in regionals and state. Looks like it could be a good tournament this year

Oldref

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas