• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Top 5 Players

Started by BasketballFan8680, December 13, 2015, 09:15:40 am

Previous topic - Next topic

BasketballFan8680

Me and a friend was disscussing & I wanted to know y'all opinion who are the top 5 players in 1a ?

TheOfficial

You have to clarify boys or girls or it will be hard to get a response

BasketballFan8680

Moonshiner

That's tough.  I think in girls the 2A north has 2 of the best players.  ICC has Kennedy Cooper. 6'1" forward.  She already has some offers I believe and is just a Jr.  Marleigh Dodson at Norfork is 6'2" and very versatile.  She can play inside or point guard.  Nemo Vista has a great team with several good players.  Don't know any of their names.  Sounds like Bay has some young talent.
In Boys I'd go with Pritchett from Bay.
Ballard from Guy
Walker at ICC
Lewis at Norfork
And I'm drawing a blank now.

PuddlePirate12

Revels from Emerson as well as Jefferson. Revels is a senior, Jefferson is a junior. Other than that idk.. Trinity Christian is suppose to have a really good post player but I haven't seen him

Thechosen1

Top 5 in no order
1. Ballard
2. Revels
3. Smith (from Kirby)
4. Crain
5. Pritchett

PuddlePirate12

Quote from: Thechosen1 on December 13, 2015, 04:52:07 pm
Top 5 in no order
1. Ballard
2. Revels
3. Smith (from Kirby)
4. Crain
5. Pritchett

Crain and Pritchett ahead of Smith (I know you said no order). He's good though. There's Also a good young player from Caddo Hills. I believe he and Smith are both sophomores. I haven't seen Ballard play

Thechosen1

Right now Crain is by far bays best player and is a big part of the team because he's huge. I may put Jefferson ahead of smith I'm just going off what I saw last year. Haven't seen the two this year.

PuddlePirate12

Quote from: Thechosen1 on December 13, 2015, 05:24:12 pm
Right now Crain is by far bays best player and is a big part of the team because he's huge. I may put Jefferson ahead of smith I'm just going off what I saw last year. Haven't seen the two this year.

Some nights Jefferson is better. Other nights he isn't. When he's in his zone nobody can stop him one on one. Not that I've seen this year. Or in certain games last year

TheOfficial

The Villines girl from Kingston is top 5

Moonshiner

Quote from: TheOfficial on December 13, 2015, 10:45:24 pm
The Villines girl from Kingston is top 5

How did I forget about her.  Definately top 5

dreamweaver68

Cooper from ICC, I've heard good things about Dodson but haven't seen her play. Nemo has tons of talent, the guard Mahan, the  post Harrison, guards Andrews and Munoz also shooter Paladino and a good bench.

Thechosen1

Ferguson from bay can play

RedWolf275

Ferguson can definetly play.

ReddieKnightTrojan

You may not have heard of Sara Bershers from Caddo Hills, but believe me you will. She starts on the varsity team as a freshman. She has played on national champion level AAU teams and has already met Jimmy Dykes. Caddo will win it all before she graduates.

HorseFeathers

Quote from: ReddieKnightTrojan on December 18, 2015, 01:42:23 pm
You may not have heard of Sara Bershers from Caddo Hills, but believe me you will. She starts on the varsity team as a freshman. She has played on national champion level AAU teams and has already met Jimmy Dykes. Caddo will win it all before she graduates.

Couldn't believe they beat Kirby...

oldmanbbfan

Quote from: HF on December 19, 2015, 08:35:23 am

Caddo starts two outstanding freshman on the varsity team. Sara Bershers and Rachel Dumont. Both are outstanding poised players that do not play like freshman. I've seen them play a few times this year, and agree, Caddo should make a run at a state title in the next few years.

Silky Johnson

They should win their regional and get some favorable matchups

HorseFeathers

The guard for bay(assuming that's pritchard?), crane for bay...and #11 for kirby...he kept them in it during first half against jessieville who the fans hadve at #3 in 3a...

Silky Johnson

Oldref

December 20, 2015, 06:21:10 pm #20 Last Edit: December 20, 2015, 06:23:32 pm by Oldref
Quote from: oldmanbbfan on December 20, 2015, 01:20:58 pm

Caddo starts two outstanding freshman on the varsity team. Sara Bershers and Rachel Dumont. Both are outstanding poised players that do not play like freshman. I've seen them play a few times this year, and agree, Caddo should make a run at a state title in the next few years.

Must be the year of the freshman in 1A girls this year. Bay's top three scorers yesterday in the win against Drew Central were all freshmen. Whitlee Layne had 19, Abby Frisby had 15 and Mallory Hartley had 13. Those young girls are a big reason Bay is off to a 19-2 start. Lots of good young talent around in girls.

NEA Razorback olfan

Quote from: Oldref on December 20, 2015, 06:21:10 pm

Must be the year of the freshman in 1A girls this year. Bay's top three scorers yesterday in the win against Drew Central were all freshmen. Whitlee Layne had 19, Abby Frisby had 15 and Mallory Hartley had 13. Those young girls are a big reason Bay is off to a 19-2 start. Lots of good young talent around in girls.

Oldref ,
that is a special Group!!!
Watched them play when they were younger and they competed against boys teams.
I believe it's pretty much Basketball year rd for these young and talented Ladies

Oldref

Quote from: NEA Razorback olfan on December 20, 2015, 07:56:44 pm

Oldref ,
I believe it's pretty much Basketball year rd for these young and talented Ladies

Thanks Olfan they are working really hard and Coach Watson is doing a great job with them. Sr Katie Ferguson and Jr Sydney Higgins plus sophomores Bailey Bowers and Sara Blackman are all good players and making good contributions. Just need to all keep working and getting better. Several more freshmen will move up and help as soon as the Jr season is over.

J.D.

Quote from: Oldref on December 20, 2015, 08:48:33 pm
Quote from: NEA Razorback olfan on December 20, 2015, 07:56:44 pm

Oldref ,

Thanks Olfan they are working really hard and Coach Watson is doing a great job with them. Sr Katie Ferguson and Jr Sydney Higgins plus sophomores Bailey Bowers and Sara Blackman are all good players and making good contributions. Just need to all keep working and getting better. Several more freshmen will move up and help as soon as the Jr season is over.

I hope we get a Caddo/Bay game at state.  I'll be there for that one. 

Silky Johnson

Nemo will keep on going but Bay and Caddo hills will have a chance as well. JD I second that and with both teams being young there's a chance for the next few years that they'll meet multiple times.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas