• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Flippin Classic

Started by Silky Johnson, December 12, 2015, 03:39:50 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Silky Johnson

Does anyone have a schedule of games for this classic next weekend? I think The dates are 12-18/19.

Bergman1820

Copied from the 3A Board:

Here's the schedule for the Classic at Flippin for Dec 18 and 19th

FLIPPIN HIGH SCHOOL  FRIDAY
NEW GYM
4PM    MOUNTAIN VIEW VS NETTLETON (GIRLS)
5:30    FLIPPIN VS NETTLETON (BOYS)
7:00    WEST PLAINS MO. VS BAY (BOYS)
8:30    CEDAR RIDGE VS DREW CENTRAL (BOYS)

OLD GYM
4PM    FLIPPIN VS WESTFORK (GIRLS)
5:30    BAY VS CEDAR RIDGE (GIRLS)
7:00    SALEM VS DREW CENTRAL (GIRLS)
8:30    MOUNTAIN VIEW VS SALEM (BOYS)

SATURDAY NEW GYM
1PM    DREW CENTRAL VS BAY (GIRLS)
2:30    FAYETTEVILLE VS VALLEY SPRINGS (GIRLS)
4:15    CLARKSVILLVE VS WEST PLAINS MO. (BOYS)
5:45    CLARKSVILLE VS BERGMAN (GIRLS)
7:15    HIGHLAND VS MOUNTAIN VIEW (BOYS)

OLD GYM
1PM    OMAHA VS ICC (GIRLS)
2:30    DREW CENTRAL VS ICC (BOYS)
4:15    YELLVILLE VS BAY (BOYS)
5:45    FLIPPIN VS VIOLA (GIRLS)
7:15    BERGMAN VS VIOLA (BOYS)

ballmember

I have enjoyed this classic.  Wish this was put in the Demo Gazette paper so more people might be aware of it.   Looks like a very good lineup of teams.   Hope Flippin continues having it. 

BoxNOne

This classic has some of the best  match ups I've seen in classic/tournaments this season.

Oldref

Quote from: BoxNOne on December 17, 2015, 07:43:09 am
This classic has some of the best  match ups I've seen in classic/tournaments this season.
I agree Box.......lots of good matchups in boys and girls. Expect West Plains boys to be really tough. Saw them last year at the Rib City team camp at Dexter and they were loaded.

Bays girls have two tough games also. Saw where Drew Central girls already have a win over Monticello. Better come to play both games.

Moonshiner

West Plains lost some very good players.  Best guard is playing at Northark.  His size was the only thing that kept him from going bigger.

NEA Razorback olfan

I watched Fayetteville Girls at the Turkey Crossover at PA  , they are tough!!!

Silky Johnson

Anyone willing to give updates?

Oldref

Bay girls over cedar ridge 53-38.

Bomberman

End of 1. Bay 20- West Plains 19

Bomberman

Bay 35-West Plains 35. Halftime

Bomberman

End of 3. Bay 55 -West Plains 46

Bomberman

End of regulation 67-67. Bay vs. West Plains

Bomberman

Final . Bay 79-76 over West Plains

Bomberman

End of 1. Cedar Ridge 22 , Drew Central 8

Bomberman

42 -31 at the half Cedar Ridge.

Bomberman

Final , Cedar Ridge 87, Drew Central 64

Baller_34

Drew Central not as good as advertised or CR play good?

NEA Razorback olfan

Quote from: Bomberman on December 18, 2015, 09:56:02 pm

Pts Reaves have tonight?

Bomberman

Quote from: Baller_34 on December 18, 2015, 10:45:08 pm
Drew Central not as good as advertised or CR play good?
I had never watched Drew Central play before tonight but to me they didn't look that good at all. They have a bunch of good athletes but looked very undisciplined. 

Bomberman

Quote from: NEA Razorback olfan on December 18, 2015, 11:26:04 pm
Quote from: Bomberman on December 18, 2015, 09:56:02 pm

Pts Reaves have tonight?
I don't remember exactly how many he had but he did not play the majority of the second half, about a minute into the 3rd qtr looked like he had some kind of real bad cramp and didn't return until the 4th and then played a couple of.minutes and came back out. Crabtree had a big game for CR though.

BlackMamba

Bay girls up 52-29 on Drew Central heading into the 4th

Silky Johnson

December 19, 2015, 02:18:48 pm #22 Last Edit: December 19, 2015, 04:48:28 pm by Silky Johnson
Bay Lady Yellowjackets finish the weekend at Flippin with a 53-38 win over Cedar Ridge and a 69-37 win over Drew Central.

BlackMamba

Bay up 22-15 on Yellville-Summit after one

HorseFeathers

Bay 22-15 after 1, 6-9 from 3 for them as well

BlackMamba

56-34 after 3, Bay up. Pritchett is on fire tonight

bscinar

Yes he is - had 35ish last night as well

Silky Johnson

Pritchett played good tonight might've had 30+. Kind of upset I missed the 79-76 OT win over West Plains but Bay beat Yellville-Summit 67-44 and played more guys than usual during the first few quarters.

ballmember

Didnt Drew Central beat both Valley springs and Marshall?  In my opinion neither of them not on the level of Cedar Ridge,  or Bay for that matter.   Wish Valley Springs would schedule Cedar Ridge or Bay..........

bobcats

Quote from: ballmember on December 19, 2015, 06:00:18 pm
Didnt Drew Central beat both Valley springs and Marshall?  In my opinion neither of them not on the level of Cedar Ridge,  or Bay for that matter.   Wish Valley Springs would schedule Cedar Ridge or Bay..........

Marshall beat Yellville 23 on Yellville's home court.  That is the same margin as Bay on a neutral court.  As far as DC, Marshall had spent 7 hours on a school bus plus played a tough game the night before and played poorly the whole weekend.  But hey, I like to see people underestimate us.

Silky Johnson

Drew central will be overlooked because they aren't very good. Marvin of victory doesn't mean just a whole lot in a blow out, Bay was up 27 when they put in the end of the bench but Yellville could play them again and there might be a different result. Bay also drove up for the games this weekend and YS is right by Flippin so they got to stay in their own beds.

HorseFeathers

Bay was something like 12-22 from 3 tonight as well...

Drew central was a long way from home...but struggled with a mediocre lead hill that's in 4th place in a not so good 1a district...

bobcats

When we played them on their court they shot lights out.

Silky Johnson

Surprised Bay shot like they did in that old gym.

Oldref

Really nice event at Flippin this weekend. Saw some good teams go at it boys and girls. Proud of Bay teams for winning all four games they played.  Girls now 19-2 boys 14-4 . Now on to the NEA next week!!!

NEA Razorback olfan

Quote from: Oldref on December 19, 2015, 08:25:15 pm
Really nice event at Flippin this weekend. Saw some good teams go at it boys and girls. Proud of Bay teams for winning all four games they played.  Girls now 19-2 boys 14-4 . Now on to the NEA next week!!!

Congrats to Bay!!

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas