• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Regional and State Tournament Sites

Started by 3 Dollar, December 07, 2015, 01:25:49 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

3 Dollar

What schools will be bidding on hosting a Region and/or State Tournament?

ballmember

Need to scroll down about 20 and you can see where that has been discussed.

3 Dollar

Any word yet?  Who put in for what?  Deadline was yesterday!

3 Dollar

Maybe if someone would just start posting a list of bids, it would start up arguments and then someone like Woodpecker would post the actual bids on here!

HorseFeathers

Gfws and icc are the only ones I know bidding for state

Baseballer11

How did Bradford get Regionals over GF WS last yr???

HorseFeathers

yesteryearman

January 08, 2016, 09:50:12 pm #7 Last Edit: January 08, 2016, 10:29:52 pm by yesteryearman
Quote from: HF on January 08, 2016, 03:01:03 pm

I heard that state will go to ICC, since GFWS had it recently.  If that is the case, where is closest place to stay

HorseFeathers

Quote from: yesteryearman on January 08, 2016, 09:50:12 pm

I have it on a pretty good inside source that state will go to ICC, since GFWS had it recently.  If that is the case, where is closest place to stay, St. Louis?

Recently? 6 years ago isn't that recent.

yesteryearman

January 08, 2016, 10:20:32 pm #9 Last Edit: January 08, 2016, 10:30:38 pm by yesteryearman
Quote from: HF on January 08, 2016, 10:14:00 pm

I have it on a pretty good inside source that state will go to ICC, since GFWS had it recently.  If that is the case, where is closest place to stay, St. Louis?

I think  that GFWS has had it since ICC.....has ICC ever had state?

Chicky

I think it's been seven years, which I agree HF is not recent.   Is ICC's super on the AAA board?    Sure hope GFWS gets it.

yesteryearman

January 08, 2016, 10:27:06 pm #11 Last Edit: January 08, 2016, 10:31:24 pm by yesteryearman
Quote from: Chicky on January 08, 2016, 10:23:41 pm
I think it's been seven years, which I agree HF is not recent.   Is ICC's super on the AAA board?    Sure hope GFWS gets it.

I agree 7yrs is not recent, and GFWS would be a more central location.  Indications are that AAA may be leaning toward ICC.

HorseFeathers

Quote from: yesteryearman on January 08, 2016, 10:20:32 pm
Quote from: HF on January 08, 2016, 10:14:00 pm

I think  that GFWS has had it since ICC.....has ICC ever had state?

Yes hosted at north Ark

ballmember

dont think central location has anything to do with anything.  Bradley was on the border in south arkansas .
hope wsgf gets it.  I think the year that ICC hosted at NAC they won the state? 

HorseFeathers

January 09, 2016, 04:06:33 pm #14 Last Edit: January 09, 2016, 04:09:52 pm by HF
Quote from: ballmember on January 09, 2016, 03:55:31 pm
dont think central location has anything to do with anything.  Bradley was on the border in south arkansas .
hope wsgf gets it.  I think the year that ICC hosted at NAC they won the state? 

Think so...it was 2008, the year before greers ferry hosted

hsindian

January 09, 2016, 06:40:38 pm #15 Last Edit: January 09, 2016, 06:43:28 pm by hsindian
Closest place to ICC is probably batesville and maybe mountain home. Melbourne and Salem have small mom n pop motels.

ballmember

HF,  dont worry about hwy 9, just take it to mountain view, then go to Calico Rock and then east on hwy 56 and then north on hwy 9 for about a mile.   school is in field on the left.    have been there for a regional tourney and the atmosprhere is great.     I do not know how much lodging Horseshoe Bend has other than time share???     Batesville about 36 miles away for chain motel.  a nice mom and pop north on hwy 9 in salem. 

I would not advise anyone to take hwy 9 all the way to brockwell/icc.    from sylamore-white river to melbourne it can get real tough at night on that stretch.   

HorseFeathers

Quote from: ballmember on January 09, 2016, 09:00:02 pm
HF,  dont worry about hwy 9, just take it to mountain view, then go to Calico Rock and then east on hwy 56 and then north on hwy 9 for about a mile.   school is in field on the left.    have been there for a regional tourney and the atmosprhere is great.     I do not know how much lodging Horseshoe Bend has other than time share???     Batesville about 36 miles away for chain motel.  a nice mom and pop north on hwy 9 in salem. 

I would not advise anyone to take hwy 9 all the way to brockwell/icc.    from sylamore-white river to melbourne it can get real tough at night on that stretch.   

Haha...I know the other routes...Still fun to come up with excuses as to why ICC can't have state...even if most of their posters are gone now...

3 Dollar

BASKETBALL
Region, February 24-27
Class 4A
North: Clinton. Lincoln, Prairie Grove
South: Dumas, Malvern, Nashville
East: Riverview
Class 3A
Region 1: Lavaca. West Fork
Region 2: Cedar Ridge, Jessieville
Region 3: Bergman, Hoxie, Yellville-Summit
Region 4: Centerpoint, Drew Central, Smackover
Class 2A
North: Sloan-Hendrix
South: Lafayette County, Parkers Chapel
East: Carlisle, Hazen, Magnet Cove
West: Eureka Springs, Quitman
Class 1A
Region 1: Alpena, County Line
Region 2: Bay, Calico Rock
Region 3: Mount Vernon-Enola, West Side Greers Ferry
Region 4: Caddo Hills, Trinity Christian

State, March 1-5
Class 7A: Cabot
Class 6A: Lake Hamilton, Russellville
Class 5A: HS Lakeside/Hot Springs, Valley View
Class 4A: Lincoln, Malvern, Riverview
Class 3A: Jessieville, Valley Springs
Class 2A: Marmaduke
Class 1A: Izard County, West Side Greers Ferry

PuddlePirate12

Don't understand why neither Emerson or Bradley went for region 4

RedWolf275

I hope Bay gets region 2 but something tells me they won't!

OB11

Is Marmaduke's gym capable of handling a state tournament?  Was in there for the first time earlier this year and it doesn't seem nearly big enough in my opinion. 

CRHS4LIFE

Quote from: OliverBoy11 on January 12, 2016, 10:51:47 am
Is Marmaduke's gym capable of handling a state tournament?  Was in there for the first time earlier this year and it doesn't seem nearly big enough in my opinion.

I believe they have hosted the 2A State Tournament there within the past 3 or 4 years.

yesteryearman

Quote from: PuddlePirate12 on January 11, 2016, 10:39:32 pm

Bradley likely won't last long in the Regional, provided they get there, and Trinity believes they have the team to make some noise in the Regional.  I haven't been to Trinity's gym but have heard that they only have seating on one side.   Unless that one side is very large I can't see that they will be able to seat everybody.  Also, sometimes not a good idea to get rival fans on the same side of the gym....Emerson had it last year and
Caddo may be hoping that home court advantage might help their girls against Kirby....

HorseFeathers

Quote from: yesteryearman on January 12, 2016, 11:31:22 am

Bradley likely won't last long in the Regional, provided they get there, and Trinity believes they have the team to make some noise in the Regional.  I haven't been to Trinity's gym but have heard that they only have seating on one side.   Unless that one side is very large I can't see that they will be able to seat everybody.  Also, sometimes not a good idea to get rival fans on the same side of the gym....Emerson had it last year and
Caddo may be hoping that home court advantage might help their girls against Kirby....

It's already worked once for caddo hills

PuddlePirate12

Caddo is in our region but I don't think ive ever even been there..

Moonshiner

Quote from: RedWolf275 on January 11, 2016, 11:27:42 pm
I hope Bay gets region 2 but something tells me they won't!

Having their Superintendent on the AAA board should seal the deal for ICC.  I'm assuming Bay's gym meets the requirements for hosting?

BoxNOne

For regionals it is big enough. Region was there in 2009. That's the last time Bay's conference has hosted regional. Always got to travel to the hills.

Chicky

One sided gyms for big tourneys...ughhh.  I thought we were done with that after Wickes hosted state about 10 years ago....... ::)

PuddlePirate12

Quote from: Chicky on January 12, 2016, 01:02:07 pm
One sided gyms for big tourneys...ughhh.  I thought we were done with that after Wickes hosted state about 10 years ago....... ::)

TC isn't the typical one sided gym. That one side is pretty big but I still can't imagine it seating as many as Emerson. Plus the whole food thing is prolly going to be the bigger problem

yesteryearman

Quote from: PuddlePirate12 on January 12, 2016, 02:46:26 pm

TC isn't the typical one sided gym. That one side is pretty big but I still can't imagine it seating as many as Emerson. Plus the whole food thing is prolly going to be the bigger problem

Food thing?

HorseFeathers

Quote from: yesteryearman on January 12, 2016, 03:28:41 pm
Quote from: PuddlePirate12 on January 12, 2016, 02:46:26 pm

Food thing?

No food allowed in the seating are apparently....

Catfish

When are the sites officially released?

HorseFeathers

Quote from: Catfish on January 12, 2016, 05:09:27 pm
When are the sites officially released?

Meeting to decide is thursday evening

Catfish

WhatsUrRingSize

Today is the the day they vote. Where do you think Reg/State will be held this year.

HorseFeathers

Quote from: WhatsUrRingSize on January 14, 2016, 02:10:39 pm
Today is the the day they vote. Where do you think Reg/State will be held this year.

Icc

WhatsUrRingSize

ballmember

Is ICC a guess or does politics come into play or the fact that Greers Ferry Westside has had it since ICC hosted at NAC?       

WhatsUrRingSize

Quote from: ballmember on January 14, 2016, 02:57:07 pm
Is ICC a guess or does politics come into play or the fact that Greers Ferry Westside has had it since ICC hosted at NAC?       
POLITICS/WALKER

Sons_of_Scottland

West Side

Catfish

Quote from: Sons_of_Scottland on January 14, 2016, 03:56:26 pm

West Side

I agree. It should be anyway

HorseFeathers

Meeting just started, so get your last minute prayers etc in for your favorte sites...

Chicky

I reallllllllly don't want to drive to Brockwell.   :P

Batman44

I'm hoping GFWS, who wants to drive to Brockwell?

Ctucker

We played regionals at icc in 1988 and horseshoe bend had a hotel then.

yesteryearman

Wonder if Trinity has tried to pull back any bids..........saw where they lost to Bradley?????

PuddlePirate12

Quote from: yesteryearman on January 14, 2016, 05:16:25 pm

Also heard the almost lost to Sparkman. Thought it would be a good game between them and Emerson but idk now. I think they also lost to Nevada

Wonder if Trinity has tried to pull back any bids..........saw where they lost to Bradley?????

yesteryearman

Quote from: PuddlePirate12 on January 14, 2016, 06:07:06 pm
Quote from: yesteryearman on January 14, 2016, 05:16:25 pm

Also heard the almost lost to Sparkman. Thought it would be a good game between them and Emerson but idk now. I think they also lost to Nevada

yea sounds like at least now, that Texas connection isn't working out like they thought.  Guess those D-1 prospects haven't hit their stride yet.  Still, looks like it could be a good battle for the 4th seed among TC, Bradley and Caddo, unless some of the other schools have some really good 9th graders to move up.  But, actually the 4th seed from region 4 will have a better draw than the 2 or 3 seeds, since the 2 and 3 seeds will be on same side of bracket with Guy and Bay.   I think that for maybe the last 2 yrs or maybe 2 out of 3 the 4th seed from region 4 has upset the 1 seed from other regions.

HorseFeathers

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas