• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Baywatch

Started by pootnscoot, September 08, 2014, 11:18:54 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Silky Johnson

Schedule says armorel but they could be going back to the ICC classic. The Norfork Classic is the week of Oct. 20. Bay is scheduled to play the 21st and 23rd.

Moonshiner

Bay plays Valley Springs on the 21st and Norfork on the 24th.  Both should be interesting games.

Silky Johnson

Thanks Moonshiner, do you have a whole schedule for the classic?

Moonshiner

I've seen one.  I'll see if I can get a copy to post on here

Silky Johnson

Thank you, it is greatly appreciated. I'm trying to catch as many good games this year as possible.

HorseFeathers

Yeah....post that schedule so I can tell J.D what days I'll need his chauffeur services on... :D

J.D.

Quote from: HF on September 29, 2014, 05:55:37 pm
Yeah....post that schedule so I can tell J.D what days I'll need his chauffeur services on... :D

Yes.

Moonshiner

Ok.  Here's what I could scratch down for the Norfork Classic

Tuesday 21st
Valley Springs girls vs Viola at 4:00
Valley boys vs Bay at 5:30
Norfork girls vs Jasper at 7:00
Cotter boys vs Jasper at 8:30

Wednesday 22nd
Timbo girls vs Norfork JV at 4:00
Timbo boys vs Norfork JV at 5:15
Norfork girls vs Lead Hill at 6:30
Norfork boys vs Lead Hill at 7:45

Thursday 23rd
Alpena girls vs Concord at 4:00
Alpena boys vs Concord at 5:30
Viola girls vs Bergman at 7:00
Viola boys vs Bergman at 8:30

Friday 24th
Jasper girls vs Sothside BB at 4:30
Jasper boys vs Southside BB at 5:30
Bay boys vs Norfork at 7:00

Saturday 25th
Southside BB girls vs Omaha at 11:00
Southside BB boys vs Omaha at 12:20
Calico a Rock girls vs Lead Hill at 1:45
Calico Rock boys vs Lead a Hill at 3:15
Flippin girls vs Alpena at 4:45
Flippin boys vs Alpena at 6:00
Norfork girls vs Bergman at 7:15
Norfork boys vs Bergman at 8:30

Silky Johnson

Should be some good games but a few blowouts as well. Hopefully there will be someone there each day to give a rundown of scores.

HorseFeathers

What's folks opinions on that Saturday schedule? Good Games or not?

pootnscoot

Not so good. I might catch the 8:30 game.

Silky Johnson

Bay's Purple and Gold game is this Friday Oct. 10. Usually these games aren't the most exciting but I'm sure people want to come out to see how they look with Watson. Last year they had a chance to be good and suffered an early exit, actually these young guys were good but played a bad game and got outplayed on the wrong night. That's in the past though and with a year of experience under everyone's belt and Colton Watson at PG these guys should play some fun basketball.

Silky Johnson

October 09, 2014, 09:42:13 pm #112 Last Edit: October 09, 2014, 09:44:02 pm by Silky Johnson
Bay plays Viola and ICC at ICC the 17th in a Jamboree. It's Jr. and Sr. Boys.

bball101

Is there a schedule for this jamboree? Times?

Silky Johnson

The first jr boys game for bay is at 6:50 against viola with the Sr. Boys following at an expected start time of 7:20-7:30. Then they turn around and play ICC for the last 2 games.

bball101

Thanks. That helps.

D6Bound

How was the purple and gold game?

D6Bound

So I'm assuming the Purple and Gold game didn't go quite as planned since 0 Bay folks have said anything about it.

Silky Johnson

Colton Watson lead the white team over the purple team and they won by 8-10. Colton had to have 25 to 30 points and hit 5 or 6 three pointers. Tyler Pritchett had the most for the purple team including starting 3 for 3 from three point line within the first couple minutes of the game.

NEA Razorback olfan

white 100
Purple 90
final ?

Pfan1115

I have heard marceus pointer from jonesboro has transfered to bay? Is this true?

Silky Johnson

Nope pffan there's no truth to this. Not saying I wouldn't enjoy it though it would definitely widen the gap between Bay and every other team.

Pfan1115

Silky Johnson

I know 2 players on the team really well if he somehow did then I'm sure they would tell.

NEA Razorback olfan

what does Riverside have fhis year??

Pfan1115

Johnson did u play for bay 2 years ago

WhatsUrRingSize

Quote from: NEA Razorback olfan on October 13, 2014, 08:46:55 pm
what does Riverside have this year??
They will always be competitive

pootnscoot

Time to bust out the blue and gold Bay/Notre Dame tee shirt in preparation for the big game.

Shady

I hear that Poot, finally got me a XXL purple and gold pullover at a yard sale. Been wearing it around the house admiring it, I feel like I've finally made it to the top!

D6Bound

Quote from: Shady on October 20, 2014, 04:28:58 pm
I hear that Poot, finally got me a XXL purple and gold pullover at a yard sale. Been wearing it around the house admiring it, I feel like I've finally made it to the top!
Now only thing you need to do is get a purple and gold Mohawk.

pootnscoot

I wore the Bay/Notre Dame shirt to Brockwell last night and it was a complete disaster. As soon as I puilled into the gym parking lot, I broke out in a cold sweat and started having a major anxiety attack about the thought of Regionals being only 4 months away. Also, everytime a game reached the 4th quarter, I started choking and had an extreme urge to use profanity like you can't even imagine. I have to get me one of those super duper purple and gold jackets and see if things get better. Being an elite level Bay fan is hellish pressure you can't even imagine.

Silky Johnson

This was actually pretty funny. I have a feeling though that if any Bay fan were to respond to this that they would probably be called "Arrogant" or just get a tad bit harassed by someone from the south region or an anti-Bay group.

Shady

Quote from: D6Bound on October 20, 2014, 05:00:12 pm
Now only thing you need to do is get a purple and gold Mohawk.
I'd need an old worn out yellowjacket ball suit since only players have gotten Mohawks, not sure how that would look on my 113 yr old body but I might just give it a shot. Only person I've seen in the XXL Bay pullover is the BIG man himself

D6Bound

Quote from: pootnscoot on October 21, 2014, 10:42:35 am

I wore the Bay/Notre Dame shirt to Brockwell last night and it was a complete disaster. As soon as I puilled into the gym parking lot, I broke out in a cold sweat and started having a major anxiety attack about the thought of Regionals being only 4 months away. Also, everytime a game reached the 4th quarter, I started choking and had an extreme urge to use profanity like you can't even imagine. I have to get me one of those super duper purple and gold jackets and see if things get better. Being an elite level Bay fan is hellish pressure you can't even imagine.
+1 Poot  :D

pootnscoot

Big game tonight. I figure the boys ought to bring home a victory in the 12 point range. Watson drops 35.

Shady

Got my XXL Bay pullover on for the big Kipp matchup, they better read what the floor says and take their beating. I'm really starting to like this new found arrogance!

footballfreak_frank

Quote from: D6Bound on September 19, 2014, 04:33:52 pm
Let me modify....Or better yet I'm the Bay Supt. and Shady's my dad! Call me "Real Deal2" and Shady "The NEW Oldref" Give me a good ol' slap if you agree! :D
More like just plain old fUn Johnson!  SLAP D6....

DogsWin7

Quote from: Shady on November 04, 2014, 06:39:18 pm
Got my XXL Bay pullover on for the big Kipp matchup, they better read what the floor says and take their beating. I'm really starting to like this new found arrogance!
As a woman you like to be arrogant? 

Shady

Quote from: DiehardFBfan on November 10, 2014, 06:49:38 pm
Quote from: Shady on November 04, 2014, 06:39:18 pm
As a woman you like to be arrogant?
Well uh yea. When I put on my XXL pullover like the big cheese I can just feel the purple and gold Nation's ArOgaNce justa oozing!

NEArkie

NEA Sports Game of the Week
Bay at Buffalo Island Central

Headlines www.neasports.com
Bay Takes Down BIC 68-56

http://www.leaguelineup.com/welcome.asp?url=neasports&sid=927798815

PuddlePirate12

I'm glad bay pulled it out. I would hate for those refs to cost them the game like that ;)

Hogfan167

A win at BIC is a good win anytime you get it. BIC may be down some this year but still a tough place to get a W.

BICMUSTANG4LIFE

Bay is for real!!  It will take a really good team to knock them out of the State finals!  I really think they will win it all!! JMO!!

jacket3

Interview with Bay Yellowjacket coach Brad Brannen
November 28, 2014 – 04:24 PM

I sat down with Bay Yellowjacket coach Brad Brannen late last month to discuss the upcoming season along with many other things involving Yellowjacket sports.
Talk about your thoughts on this year's upcoming season.  What goals do you have set for this year's team?

Ah, I mean lot of higher expectations for them, for the fans, for me, and for themselves.  But, we gotta chance to be pretty good.  We are still pretty young, and that's what I need to realize and what everyone else needs to realize.  But expectations are that we want to make it to the state tournament and win a state championship.

Obviously you guys come into the season as one of the favorites to make a run at a state championship.  How much pressure does that put on you as a coach?  How much pressure does it put on the players?

Umm, I don't feel any as a coach, I just do the best I can and kind go on.  I don't feel the pressure to win a state championship.  Like I tell my players, we just wanna get there.  If we get there we have a chance.  I think they feel pressure.  You know it's my job to help them handle that. You know I think they feel pressure because they are young.  They were expected to get there last year and didn't and I am sure that's something that's in the back of their head.  They just gotta realize to do their best and everything else will take care of itself.

Talk about the new gym floor that's been installed and the new big screens.  Instead of building a brand new gym like many schools are doing, Bay is renovating this place and turning into something that the community can be proud of.....talk about that.

You know I just think these little gyms are better.  I do too.  Better atmosphere.  Definitely.  Bigger gyms you can get the same amount of people in them, and they just feel empty.  It always feels like there's a bunch of people here, and there is a bunch of people here but if we built a bigger one it wouldn't feel that way.  You know the floor is more for the kids who love it.  They think it looks really neat.  The fans like it, and that's just an extra piece we get here at Bay.  We have done well and work hard, and that's something we have been rewarded with.  You know that's how it's been here, as long as we work hard and do right, and we have done that.  It was time for the floor to be redone.  It had been here for ten years so it was time for something new.  My biggest thing about the gym is that I don't want a big gym, I like the smaller gyms.   

I have been to several pre-season maroon and gray, blue and gray, purple and gold games, but I have never seen a turn out like the crowd we had on the 10th for this year's purple and gold game.  How much does that mean to you to know that the fans really believe this team is something special?

Ah, you know it's been like that for years down here.  I don't think we are fickle fans, they are just Bay fans.  Whether they think we are going to go win a state championship, or there not for sure, we are going to win one.  That's always going to be their expectations and that's what they're going to come out to support to see how good we are going to be.  I think if we start out 0-10 I think they still would be here.  Our fans are great.

I don't think you guys are going to struggle to score.  You have so many offensive weapons.  How much focus have you guys placed on strengthening your team on the defensive side of the ball?

"Laughs."  It's 75 percent of our practice. I mean I haven't done a whole lot, I mean it's October the 24th.  I haven't spent a whole lot of time as much on offense as we have one defense.  Usually by now we have ran a whole bunch of sets, and we know them all, but we don't know all that as of today.  I haven't focused that much on offense.  Offense will take care of itself with this group.  If we can play defense, we will have a chance to win one.

Coach Childers is a new addition to the coaching staff.  Talk about his role as assistant and what your plans are for him this season.

Yea he's a very vocal guy coming in.  That's what we wanted for a guy to come in and be vocal.  We want to be able to send a guy to the other end and do what we want him to do.  He's gonna be a great asset.  He's not scared to tell me what he thinks, and I like that about him.  Four eyes are better than two.

As athletic director you guys also brought in Braden Watson to coach the girls.  What's your relationship been like with Coach Watson and how does he fit into the grand scheme of things here at Bay?

We have a lot of things that we do the same.  I mean we think the same, the way we play, beliefs and systems, just a lot of similarities in the way we play. We have moved into the same office together.  We get along pretty good.  We have a good relationship.  We talk about a lot of basketball.  He does a really good job.  I am proud of him and proud of what he's doing.  I am excited to see the girls play.

What expectations do you have for him in the future years as the coach of the Lady Yellowjackets?

"Laughs."  He better win a state championship.  "Laughs."

You have two seniors in Cade Prince and new transfer Colton Watson.  Talk about these two as being the seniors of the team and what you expect from them in regard to being leaders.

Cade is more......he will talk in the locker room.  He doesn't talk much on the floor.  He says things in the way he plays.  Umm, Colton is another one, he doesn't talk a whole lot, but he smiles a whole lot. Yes he does.   But again he's one that.......he's one of the most intense players in practice or in a game.  I could never get onto him about his work ethic or how hard he's going.  I'd rather have a guy make mistakes and go hard than not make mistakes and not go hard.  He's a good leader in the sense of the way he plays and what he does in practice.

Since you only have two seniors, this also means you guys are pretty young.  Talk about some of the other players and their importance to this upcoming season?

We have two seniors, two juniors that start, hopefully we will have another junior we can rely on a little bit in Matthew Willard, and then the rest are sophomores.  We got Dustin Utley, Taylor Layne, Nolan Smith, Matthew Barnett and we will probably rely a little bit on Ryan Austin, Quentin Francomano, and maybe even Tyler Harrell a little bit.  He can shoot the lights out of it.  We will play four or five sophomores this year, then three juniors, and two seniors.  I know that's nine or ten players I am naming.  It's going to be hard to get them all in the game, and they have got to realize that.  They are going to have to know their role.  Some games we will play six or seven and some games we will play nine or ten.  It just depends on how the games going.

That brings up a thought.....I know the difference between last year and this year is that you are so much deeper.  Yeah you are right.  Fouls aren't going to be as much of an issue, I mean don't get me wrong fouls are always an issue, but it's not gonna be as much of an issue.  You know I think between Dustin and Nolan, and Taylor Layne they played senior high ball last year.  Their experience is there.  I don't think they are going to be as inexperienced as some of the other sophomores.  The other sophomores are just going to have to learn and their learning curve is going to have to be bigger than the other ones.

Any final thoughts?

You know it's Bay and I love being here.  It's going to be a great year, it's exciting, and practice is fun.  I can always tell at the beginning, when you have a team that works as hard as these guys do, and they make a lot of mistakes, don't get me wrong, but when they work as hard as they work you know it's going to be fun year.  You can't fault them for their work ethic.

Batman44

footballfreak_frank

Quote from: jacket3 on November 28, 2014, 11:48:43 pm

Interview with Bay Yellowjacket coach Brad Brannen
November 28, 2014 – 04:24 PM

I sat down with Bay Yellowjacket coach Brad Brannen late last month to discuss the upcoming season along with many other things involving Yellowjacket sports.
Talk about your thoughts on this year's upcoming season.  What goals do you have set for this year's team?

Ah, I mean lot of higher expectations for them, for the fans, for me, and for themselves.  But, we gotta chance to be pretty good.  We are still pretty young, and that's what I need to realize and what everyone else needs to realize.  But expectations are that we want to make it to the state tournament and win a state championship.

Obviously you guys come into the season as one of the favorites to make a run at a state championship.  How much pressure does that put on you as a coach?  How much pressure does it put on the players?

Umm, I don't feel any as a coach, I just do the best I can and kind go on.  I don't feel the pressure to win a state championship.  Like I tell my players, we just wanna get there.  If we get there we have a chance.  I think they feel pressure.  You know it's my job to help them handle that. You know I think they feel pressure because they are young.  They were expected to get there last year and didn't and I am sure that's something that's in the back of their head.  They just gotta realize to do their best and everything else will take care of itself.

Talk about the new gym floor that's been installed and the new big screens.  Instead of building a brand new gym like many schools are doing, Bay is renovating this place and turning into something that the community can be proud of.....talk about that.

You know I just think these little gyms are better.  I do too.  Better atmosphere.  Definitely.  Bigger gyms you can get the same amount of people in them, and they just feel empty.  It always feels like there's a bunch of people here, and there is a bunch of people here but if we built a bigger one it wouldn't feel that way.  You know the floor is more for the kids who love it.  They think it looks really neat.  The fans like it, and that's just an extra piece we get here at Bay.  We have done well and work hard, and that's something we have been rewarded with.  You know that's how it's been here, as long as we work hard and do right, and we have done that.  It was time for the floor to be redone.  It had been here for ten years so it was time for something new.  My biggest thing about the gym is that I don't want a big gym, I like the smaller gyms.   

I have been to several pre-season maroon and gray, blue and gray, purple and gold games, but I have never seen a turn out like the crowd we had on the 10th for this year's purple and gold game.  How much does that mean to you to know that the fans really believe this team is something special?

Ah, you know it's been like that for years down here.  I don't think we are fickle fans, they are just Bay fans.  Whether they think we are going to go win a state championship, or there not for sure, we are going to win one.  That's always going to be their expectations and that's what they're going to come out to support to see how good we are going to be.  I think if we start out 0-10 I think they still would be here.  Our fans are great.

I don't think you guys are going to struggle to score.  You have so many offensive weapons.  How much focus have you guys placed on strengthening your team on the defensive side of the ball?

"Laughs."  It's 75 percent of our practice. I mean I haven't done a whole lot, I mean it's October the 24th.  I haven't spent a whole lot of time as much on offense as we have one defense.  Usually by now we have ran a whole bunch of sets, and we know them all, but we don't know all that as of today.  I haven't focused that much on offense.  Offense will take care of itself with this group.  If we can play defense, we will have a chance to win one.

Coach Childers is a new addition to the coaching staff.  Talk about his role as assistant and what your plans are for him this season.

Yea he's a very vocal guy coming in.  That's what we wanted for a guy to come in and be vocal.  We want to be able to send a guy to the other end and do what we want him to do.  He's gonna be a great asset.  He's not scared to tell me what he thinks, and I like that about him.  Four eyes are better than two.

As athletic director you guys also brought in Braden Watson to coach the girls.  What's your relationship been like with Coach Watson and how does he fit into the grand scheme of things here at Bay?

We have a lot of things that we do the same.  I mean we think the same, the way we play, beliefs and systems, just a lot of similarities in the way we play. We have moved into the same office together.  We get along pretty good.  We have a good relationship.  We talk about a lot of basketball.  He does a really good job.  I am proud of him and proud of what he's doing.  I am excited to see the girls play.

What expectations do you have for him in the future years as the coach of the Lady Yellowjackets?

"Laughs."  He better win a state championship.  "Laughs."

You have two seniors in Cade Prince and new transfer Colton Watson.  Talk about these two as being the seniors of the team and what you expect from them in regard to being leaders.

Cade is more......he will talk in the locker room.  He doesn't talk much on the floor.  He says things in the way he plays.  Umm, Colton is another one, he doesn't talk a whole lot, but he smiles a whole lot. Yes he does.   But again he's one that.......he's one of the most intense players in practice or in a game.  I could never get onto him about his work ethic or how hard he's going.  I'd rather have a guy make mistakes and go hard than not make mistakes and not go hard.  He's a good leader in the sense of the way he plays and what he does in practice.

Since you only have two seniors, this also means you guys are pretty young.  Talk about some of the other players and their importance to this upcoming season?

We have two seniors, two juniors that start, hopefully we will have another junior we can rely on a little bit in Matthew Willard, and then the rest are sophomores.  We got Dustin Utley, Taylor Layne, Nolan Smith, Matthew Barnett and we will probably rely a little bit on Ryan Austin, Quentin Francomano, and maybe even Tyler Harrell a little bit.  He can shoot the lights out of it.  We will play four or five sophomores this year, then three juniors, and two seniors.  I know that's nine or ten players I am naming.  It's going to be hard to get them all in the game, and they have got to realize that.  They are going to have to know their role.  Some games we will play six or seven and some games we will play nine or ten.  It just depends on how the games going.

That brings up a thought.....I know the difference between last year and this year is that you are so much deeper.  Yeah you are right.  Fouls aren't going to be as much of an issue, I mean don't get me wrong fouls are always an issue, but it's not gonna be as much of an issue.  You know I think between Dustin and Nolan, and Taylor Layne they played senior high ball last year.  Their experience is there.  I don't think they are going to be as inexperienced as some of the other sophomores.  The other sophomores are just going to have to learn and their learning curve is going to have to be bigger than the other ones.

Any final thoughts?

You know it's Bay and I love being here.  It's going to be a great year, it's exciting, and practice is fun.  I can always tell at the beginning, when you have a team that works as hard as these guys do, and they make a lot of mistakes, don't get me wrong, but when they work as hard as they work you know it's going to be fun year.  You can't fault them for their work ethic.

D6Bound

December 03, 2014, 01:10:33 am #146 Last Edit: December 03, 2014, 01:12:20 am by D6Bound
This was cute.

pootnscoot

The purple and gold get rolled tonight. Pokey by 6. WBC popcorn better than Bay's with the nachos about even.

Batman44

Popcorn too salty at WBC, just like Bay will be tonight. Lol

Hogfan167

All the salt must have got poured on Pokey tonight

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas