• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Arkansas vs. Geohgia Boull Dawgs (Game thread starts pg 6 or 7)

Started by DB, September 14, 2009, 11:22:18 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Wampus_Cat

Quote from: OUSoonersOU on September 14, 2009, 09:00:37 pm
QF cannot tell anyone to post less. That is not in her power. If i am being civil then i have every right to rack up 20000 posts. She cannot ban me for posting too much. This is a forum open to the public. I am in no trouble of being banned and i will post whenever i want according to the rules of the forum.
Or you could just be banned because you suck.

rsvl_hogfan4

Quote from: BUGEATERS on September 14, 2009, 02:41:15 pm
Vegas has the HOGS a 1 1/2 point favorite.   I really hope UA pulls this one out, but I have a bad feeling about the D and lack of a consistant running game.  UA gets up early but uGa wins it at the end. 

uGa 31  UA 28

Another game I'll be watching on ABC earlier that day will be NU at VT.  I see VT winning BIG, 2+ TD's

38-17 or something like that.  Too many first year players, on both sides of the ball.  All 3 LB's are RFr, or RSoph, NU has a history of having trouble with running QB's that goes way back to the 90's.  I just don't see them beating teams like VT on the road. 

Lack of consistent running game?? lol....

I am not saying we are going to win, but we did not have to run the ball against Missouri State. Did you see how well we ran the ball last year with less depth at the RB? Wingo and Davis both looked like SEC caliber running backs. Then there is Michael Smith... Only played in 10 games last year and still ran for over 1,000 yards. Was leading the SEC in rushing until he was injured and missed the last game.

OUSoonersOU

QF.....what have i done that crossed the line? Look in this thread and you will see people insulting me for no reason. I dont do that. Please give me the low down qf.....how am i crossing the line several times and why do others go unpunished?

Quite Frankly

It's your entire body of work beyond this thread.  Shouldn't you be watching Dances with Wolves?

powerlifter90

Quote from: rsvl_hogfan4 on September 14, 2009, 09:15:34 pm
Vegas has the HOGS a 1 1/2 point favorite.   I really hope UA pulls this one out, but I have a bad feeling about the D and lack of a consistant running game.  UA gets up early but uGa wins it at the end. 

uGa 31  UA 28

Another game I'll be watching on ABC earlier that day will be NU at VT.  I see VT winning BIG, 2+ TD's

38-17 or something like that.  Too many first year players, on both sides of the ball.  All 3 LB's are RFr, or RSoph, NU has a history of having trouble with running QB's that goes way back to the 90's.  I just don't see them beating teams like VT on the road. 

I am not saying we are going to win, but we did not have to run the ball against Missouri State. Did you see how well we ran the ball last year with less depth at the RB? Wingo and Davis both looked like SEC caliber running backs. Then there is Michael Smith... Only played in 10 games last year and still ran for over 1,000 yards. Was leading the SEC in rushing until he was injured and missed the last game.

you are missing my point, RHS just helped me with it.  UA hasn't had to nor has it ran the ball "consistently" with any RB.  Im not saying they aren't talented or don't have good RB's I'm just saying they haven't developed any rhythm in the running game, thus any consistency.  With an opponent like uGa or any other top tier SEC team I'd want that aspect of the game established.  Two things that are essential in winning football games are running the ball and stopping the run.  I know they ran it well last year, but haven't gotten the "reps" yet this year.  As a coach this is one aspect of the SEC scheduling I wouldn't like.  I'd rather play my 4 non-conf games to tune up for the conf schedule, especially for teams that may by out of the NC picture but still able to win a division or conf title. 

Please quit thinking that everything I post about the Hogs is a negative or bashing post.  If I "bash" them I'll come out and bash them, there will be no doubt. This conversation was in no way intended to belittle the hogs.  Just looking at things as a football fan.

PDFTA

Quote from: QF© on September 14, 2009, 09:25:00 pm
It's your entire body of work beyond this thread.  Shouldn't you be watching Dances with Wolves?

RD™

Quote from: OUSoonersOU on September 14, 2009, 09:20:53 pm
QF.....what have i done that crossed the line? Look in this thread and you will see people insulting me for no reason. I dont do that. Please give me the low down qf.....how am i crossing the line several times and why do others go unpunished?
You didn't see the unwritten rule about shotgun posting?

OUSoonersOU

QF you still have not said one word to the people you know i am talking about. They cross the line everytime they post about me or someone else with some extreme direct insult and dances with wolves is one of my favourites.

AF&B

This is a tip you will soon learn, post less read more.

Back on topic please?

Quite Frankly

Quote from: OUSoonersOU on September 14, 2009, 09:46:11 pm
QF you still have not said one word to the people you know i am talking about. They cross the line everytime they post about me or someone else with some extreme direct insult and dances with wolves is one of my favourites.
You've not yet sent the money to my PayPal account for me to answer your questions.  At least you're recognizing the lack of love being shown your way.  I was afraid you were not seeing it.

Now go back to your movie.

PDFTA

thats what makes this so funny!!! HAHAHAHA!! im crying right now...

RD™

The sooner you realize, that everyone hates you. The better of you will be.

OUSoonersOU

September 14, 2009, 09:56:29 pm #62 Last Edit: September 14, 2009, 09:59:42 pm by QF©
Whatever qf your a joke for a moderator. You wont even answer my question.

QF says "Your thinking that somehow makes me think I'm not too bad at it".

Quite Frankly

Hogs as a 1 point favorite.  I've yet to hear and O/U.  Probably about 56 or so.  Looking forward to the game and the entire afternoon of fun.  Several new rules and things inside the stadium to see for everyone this year as well.

Among them, you no longer can enter the stadium 3 hours early.  Only 2 hours earlier is allowed.  I've yet to see why anyone would have done that in the first place.  It's much more active around the tailgates.

Note to sidetrackers, back to the game.  (includes me)

PDFTA

Quote from: OUSoonersOU on September 14, 2009, 09:56:29 pm

thats the magic words!! send him to the showers QF!!!!

Quite Frankly

Quote from: OUSoonersOU on September 14, 2009, 09:20:53 pm
QF.....what have i done that crossed the line?

Well this might be one

Quote from: OUSoonersOU on September 14, 2009, 09:56:29 pm

OUSoonersOU

What happen to the paypal comment? I have to pay you for you to explain why the others dont get warned or punished for being way across the line with direct insults? I have been told to kill myself....die in a fire.......eat paint chips....hang myself....and i never see you do anything but laugh along....your supposed to treat everyone fair.

RD™

Quote from: OUSoonersOU on September 14, 2009, 10:06:28 pm
What happen to the paypal comment? I have to pay you for you to explain why the others dont get warned or punished for being way across the line with direct insults? I have been told to kill myself....die in a fire.......eat paint chips....hang myself....and i never see you do anything but laugh along....your supposed to treat everyone fair.
All 3 by me, don't like it, leave.

OUSoonersOU

Where you at on this one qf.....all on me what about this guy......

rsvl_hogfan4

Quote from: BUGEATERS on September 14, 2009, 09:40:07 pm
Quote from: rsvl_hogfan4 on September 14, 2009, 09:15:34 pm

uGa 31  UA 28

you are missing my point, RHS just helped me with it.  UA hasn't had to nor has it ran the ball "consistently" with any RB.  Im not saying they aren't talented or don't have good RB's I'm just saying they haven't developed any rhythm in the running game, thus any consistency.  With an opponent like uGa or any other top tier SEC team I'd want that aspect of the game established.  Two things that are essential in winning football games are running the ball and stopping the run.  I know they ran it well last year, but haven't gotten the "reps" yet this year.  As a coach this is one aspect of the SEC scheduling I wouldn't like.  I'd rather play my 4 non-conf games to tune up for the conf schedule, especially for teams that may by out of the NC picture but still able to win a division or conf title. 

Please quit thinking that everything I post about the Hogs is a negative or bashing post.  If I "bash" them I'll come out and bash them, there will be no doubt. This conversation was in no way intended to belittle the hogs.  Just looking at things as a football fan.
I never said you were bashing the hogs. Quit taking offense to everything I post.

We ran all of those backs to get them reps. Saying we don't have a consistent running game means we aren't able to produce running yards every night. That isn't the case. We will run the ball just fine when we have to.

Offense isn't my concern. We will score points on UGA. ESPN didn't say we have one of the talented WR corp in the nation last week for nothing. Stopping them is my concern. Our defense will have to have a good game for us to win.

OUSoonersOU

Im not concerned about the georgia offense. If we can stop that russell kid at rb and stop aj green then we will be in good shape. Thats all they have on offense. Our offense is going to help our defense out alot this year. Our defense has confidence in our offense im not so sure about the georgia defense having confidence in the georgia offense. That has a big effect on morale once we start scoring on the georgia defense.

gatecrasher

I think we will move the ball at will....

I just ain't sold on our defense. We still need work there.

But we'll win the ballgame...

Hogs 38-31

RHS

OU is ruining college football posts for me.

Pick_DA_EAGLES

Quote from: RHS on September 14, 2009, 11:21:52 pm<br />OU is ruining college football posts for me.<br />
shoot not me, with him given his play by play of every game there is, i am able to cancel my sports channel package on my direct-tv acc. ;) ;)

bulldogs1159

Quote from: OUSoonersOU on September 14, 2009, 04:26:02 pm
No chit sherlock. Were talking about athleticism. And all four of arkansass big studs adams wright childs and hamilton all are better route runners and hands than bryant. Dez bryant just like the other bryant from okl state will be freaking busts. Shut your mouth before you open it up and make yourself a known fool. There is no comparison to the talent of arkansass offense and ok states or georgias offense. Same with defense. Mallett over Robinson. Smith and Johnson over hunter. AND Wright childs adams hamilton williams over bryant. Nobody else can step up for ok state and georgia except bryant and green but arkansas has five guys who can all step up. Arkansas will beat the crap out of georgia as long as this offense with mallett and the receivers and the rbs stay together. The defense is young as well. Arkansas is a legit top 25 team we juat didnt start the year out with a lousy ranking like ok state did on paper.
No one else notice this? I mean this is excuse enough for a temp ban for getting around the censor. Just my .02

The Reality is back...

Quote from: RD™ on September 14, 2009, 10:19:44 pm

And me. Me and RD have a mutual respect. We respect our individual rights to hate you. In fact, you have a unique gift, sir. You can bring Liberals and Conservatives together on at least one issue, something that no one seems to be able to do.

Sacrifice yourself for the greater good, young sir. If you love America, you will die in a fire whilst hanging yourself and chewing on a fine, American, lead based paint.

OUSoonersOU

I Just realized how big the circle really is. Thanks.

PDFTA

Quote from: Agent of Chaos on September 15, 2009, 01:35:31 am
Quote from: RD™ on September 14, 2009, 10:19:44 pm

And me. Me and RD have a mutual respect. We respect our individual rights to hate you. In fact, you have a unique gift, sir. You can bring Liberals and Conservatives together on at least one issue, something that no one seems to be able to do.

Sacrifice yourself for the greater good, young sir. If you love America, you will die in a fire whilst hanging yourself and chewing on a fine, American, lead based paint.

LOOLOLOL  +1

hb14lh

all four of arkansass big studs adams wright childs and hamilton all are better route runners and hands than bryant.

You have got to be kidding me. Childs having better hands than Bryant?? Childs couldn't catch the ball to save his life last year.

And what is your definition of a "stud"? A player who can play D-1 ball?

rsvl_hogfan4

Quote from: hb14lh on September 15, 2009, 11:33:33 am
all four of arkansass big studs adams wright childs and hamilton all are better route runners and hands than bryant.

You have got to be kidding me. Childs having better hands than Bryant?? Childs couldn't catch the ball to save his life last year.

And what is your definition of a "stud"? A player who can play D-1 ball?
Childs actually caught the ball just fine last year, and didn't drop a ball in the game last week. He came up with some big 4th down catches last year.

However, he isn't better than Dez Bryant in any way.

stattracker

Bulldogs, I'm trying. I am really trying hard. Trust me. I have wanted to respond bad, but I can hold off for a little bit longer.

The Reality is back...

Quote from: OUSoonersOU on September 15, 2009, 05:50:14 am
I Just realized how big the circle really is. Thanks.

And this circle will be unbroken.

PDFTA

who all is gonna be at this game saturday? 

theHammer

I'll be there. Student section. Row 1.

Quite Frankly

I'm always at the games in Fayetteville.

RHS

Section 107 for me. This year, I'll actually get to see the flyovers.

bulldogs1159

Our seats our in section 229 or 226 or something like that. We are in the outdoor club, I would say come up there but you have to have a ticket for that area to get in.

Uncle Ivan

Quote from: OUSoonersOU on September 14, 2009, 09:00:37 pm
This is a forum open to the public. I am in no trouble of being banned and i will post whenever i want according to the rules of the forum.

Freedom of speech does not exist on a privately owned message board.

Scorp

QuoteIn fact, you have a unique gift, sir. You can bring Liberals and Conservatives together on at least one issue, something that no one seems to be able to do.

yep ..... maybe ousooner should run for prez   ;D

OUSoonersOU

Very funny. I guess i need to start saying uhhhh after every five words. Uhhhhh Today i had lunch in hong kong uhhhhh we agreed on a nuclear deal uhhhhh tommorrow i have a military visit with the russians uhhhhh why am i saying uh after every sentence? Uhhhhhh

stattracker

Son has a football game at 4:00 so I'll be watching on ESPN. I hope the stadium is rocking for the Hogs. I will talk crap about y'all if you don't. I may even get someone to post nonsense about absolutely nothing as a punishment. ;D

AF&B

Quote from: theHammer on September 15, 2009, 07:42:44 pm
I'll be there. Student section. Row 1.
I'll be right in front of you with in the WC access row I think. Section 116 I believe.

PDFTA

awesome guys! yall all got better seats than I lol

Im in section 216, ill be there at like 12 tailgating all day...PM me if you wanna come over and have a burger and hang out

bulldogs1159

Student seats are assigned this year?

PDFTA

DB

I really believe we are going to see how big of an offense we have.  I am also concerned that we may see how little of a defense we have.  Russellville plays Fayetteville Friday night.  BP needs to go get the Clones' kikr and smuggle him into the game on Saturday.  I serious about that.  I think the risk would be worth it.  Who's gonna tell?

So let's say that our defense cannot stop Georgia.  And they score 4 times on offense and once on special teams.  Can we win in a score fest?  I think it will depend heavily on the 1st quarter.  We really need to score twice in the 1st fifteen minutes.  If we can do that, I think we will get on a roll and be able to win in a score fest with them.  I really don't want to see this game be 10-7 at half time.  We are not going to win a defensive battle.  We need to get rolling early in this one.

rsvl_hogfan4

I will be there regardless of where I sit. Not sure if I will sit in the student section or on the 50 yard line. If I go 50 yard line it will be row 3 but with only one other person. Student section will have all my friends and will probably be more fun.

PDFTA

Quote from: rsvl_hogfan4 on September 15, 2009, 11:51:50 pm
I will be there regardless of where I sit. Not sure if I will sit in the student section or on the 50 yard line. If I go 50 yard line it will be row 3 but with only one other person. Student section will have all my friends and will probably be more fun.

especially since its the first SEC home game of the season...the place is gonna be rockin saturday

theHammer

Quote from: bulldogs1159™© on September 15, 2009, 10:50:34 pm
Student seats are assigned this year?
Nopte. But, if you camp in the front of the line, you get to pick where you sit.  ;D

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas