• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Hogs Headed to Omaha (CWS Thread)

Started by Quite Frankly, June 06, 2009, 03:00:55 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

rsvl_hogfan4

Anyone that didn't see that pickoff coming is blind. Keuchel had him the attempt right before that. He started inching out even more when he really shouldn't have even been on base. That was about as easy as it gets.

gatecrasher

Score? I'm at Six Flags. Hot as hades in the Metroplex

AB™

Bugs, Arkansas is hot, but you're ignoring how easily UNC, LSU, and CSF, rolled through their regionals and Super Regionals.

RD™

Exactly, we got to Omaha on pure stinking luck. We suck.

rsvl_hogfan4

Quote from: AB™ on June 13, 2009, 02:21:28 pm
Bugs, Arkansas is hot, but you're ignoring how easily UNC, LSU, and CSF, rolled through their regionals and Super Regionals.
At the same time UNC and CSF didn't have near the competition Arkansas had. However, I don't think Arkansas is the hottest team by any means. Just pointing out opponents played a factor in how easy some teams had it.

Why does Eibner keep his bat on his shoulder so much now? He has potential to be awesome. He use to have an awesome bat, and now he won't swing it. Two straight strikeouts looking...

rsvl_hogfan4

Wow.....

If this team can do this to CSF, we can do it to anyone.

stattracker

Quote from: RD™ on June 13, 2009, 02:23:55 pm
Exactly, we got to Omaha on pure stinking luck. We suck.

Loving it RD.

I don't know that you have ever had a good thing to say about the Hogs. ;)

AB™

I think Arkansas is one of the 3 hottest teams, but Bugs saying they're the hottest ike no one else is even close is pretty silly.

RD™

Why couldn't we capitalize after the homerun??!!?!?!
BAD COACHING! I TELL YOU FIRE DVH!

we could've made it worse!

rsvl_hogfan4

Quote from: AB™ on June 13, 2009, 02:36:22 pm
I think Arkansas is one of the 3 hottest teams, but Bugs saying they're the hottest ike no one else is even close is pretty silly.
I agree. I think Arkansas, UNC, and LSU are the hottest teams. I think CSF is the best team, but they had one of the easiest roads so it is hard to say they are the hottest.

CSF is definitely the favorite to win it, so I am having a hard time believing this is happening.

fastdrop

College Baseball National Championship is the truest thing to a true National Champion there is in College sports......It has to be earned and all teams are given a chance to earn it.

The Hogs DO SUCK....

Father Guido

June 13, 2009, 02:41:14 pm #111 Last Edit: June 13, 2009, 02:42:46 pm by Father Guido
Now if out pitching can hold out the rest of the day, we've got it in the bag.

But of course, as RD has pointed out, our coach is an idiot and we do better coming from behind in close games, so we may need to give up six or seven runs here pretty quick.

RD™

Dallas is throwing pretty crappy today

RHS

Quote from: rsvl_hogfan4 on June 13, 2009, 01:35:00 pm
That pitch they just got Eibner with was a ball the exact next pitch. It should have been a walk because it was outside. I just thought it was funny back to back pitches at same spot one is a strike and one isn't.

Exact same thoguht between 4 of us in my house. He struck out looking at the same pitch in the same spot (almost) twice. Swing the bat.

rsvl_hogfan4

Quote from: RHS on June 13, 2009, 02:43:34 pm
Quote from: rsvl_hogfan4 on June 13, 2009, 01:35:00 pm
That pitch they just got Eibner with was a ball the exact next pitch. It should have been a walk because it was outside. I just thought it was funny back to back pitches at same spot one is a strike and one isn't.

Exact same thoguht between 4 of us in my house. He struck out looking at the same pitch in the same spot (almost) twice. Swing the bat.
Yeah, and the announcer said it was an unhittable pitch. As big as Eibner is, he should be able to reach a pitch on the plate with a 34 or 35 inch bat.

Uncle Ivan

Dave Van Horn is the Houston Nutt of college baseball.

RD™

Quote from: Uncle Ivan on June 13, 2009, 02:49:45 pm
Dave Van Horn is the Houston Nutt of college baseball.
He called that base runner brotha

RD™

GOOD GOD! You could've gotten home on that errant throw!! BASE RUNNING SUCKS TODAY!

Uncle Ivan

Espin is more obnoxious than usual.

stattracker

I agree. If we are tied at the end of 9 that was the run that could of won it.

stattracker

Quote from: Uncle Ivan on June 13, 2009, 02:53:36 pm
Espin is more obnoxious than usual.

They are talking about the Hogs pretty well. Thay have every right to pump up CSF though. They have been fair I think.

rsvl_hogfan4

Quote from: stattracker on June 13, 2009, 02:54:06 pm
I agree. If we are tied at the end of 9 that was the run that could of won it.
Are you taking RD's approach or actually believe that? Eibner wouldn't have made it home on that over throw. Third is the only base he was going to take on that.

RD™

See, I told you guys, starting to give up runs at the WRONG times, Dallas is fixing to let this get out of hand.

rsvl_hogfan4

stattracker

Come on. Stop popping the ball up. Line drive base hits.

RD™

See ESPN got it right, we are the weakest team in this bracket, we don't belong in Omaha.

RD™

Only ESPN would mention Brett Favre during the CWS.

RHS

I wonder if ESPN will ever talk about Arkansas. All I hear are these stories about player after player for CSF.

AB™

They talked about Tschep a little about how he played basketball in high school with Brewer.

rsvl_hogfan4

I hope we play UVA Monday if we hold on to win this, but I am sure we will play LSU.

AB™

If the Hogs can avoid SEC teams they may win some games in Omaha.  I don't know what is about playing good non-SEC teams but Arkansas plays very well against them.

RD™

Good lord, DVH is looking cocky in the dugout, it's not over yet Dave! GOOD GAWD!

RHS

Jeff, I hope we get UVA too. I'd like to avoid all SEC teams.

RD™

It is possible we could be up bigger right now, but noooooooooooooooooooo...

Coach Venny Slocombe

Quote from: RHS on June 13, 2009, 03:22:23 pm
I wonder if ESPN will ever talk about Arkansas. All I hear are these stories about player after player for CSF.
No joke, and that play at first was close but the tie goes to the runner right? At best it was a tie but looked safe to me. The announcers are going to make me puke.

Eddie Goodson

I actually enjoyed listen to Chuck on the radio coming home. I got ZERO problem with him doing baseball games. I ought to turn the inceiling radio on and turn down the TV.

AB™

I don't know what every one is complaining about. They've talked about Arkansas some and I've only got to watch the 6th and 7th innings on TV. Maybe not as much as CSF but they've talked about Arkansas.

Coach Venny Slocombe

Now we will get to hear about another great freshman pitcher from Fullerton. Another thing, if this coach at Fullerton is so great why did he start a Freshman against Arkansas. Does he really think that Fullerton is that good? They do not play near the schedule that Arkansas does.

Coach Venny Slocombe

Quote from: AB™ on June 13, 2009, 03:51:48 pm
I don't know what every one is complaining about. They've talked about Arkansas some and I've only got to watch the 6th and 7th innings on TV. Maybe not as much as CSF but they've talked about Arkansas.
The first four innings all we heard about was the pitcher and his rough life and struggle to be a starter and his struggles at home and how his dad is a mechanic all the while the Razorbacks pounded his tail!

RD™

CSF Pitcher's put ours to shame, we have no future players on this team, it's obvious.

AB™

Well, they just talked about Cox quite a bit.

Coach Venny Slocombe

Oh brother, here we go...................

Quite Frankly

We need about 5 more in the top of the 9th or we're doomed.

stattracker

Quote from: Coach Venny Slocombe on June 13, 2009, 03:45:39 pm
No joke, and that play at first was close but the tie goes to the runner right? At best it was a tie but looked safe to me. The announcers are going to make me puke.

Coach, he was out on that play. It was bang bang, but we got the call.

RD™

We'll blow it Monday, you'll see.

Quite Frankly

RHS

Quote from: stattracker on June 13, 2009, 04:15:00 pm
Quote from: Coach Venny Slocombe on June 13, 2009, 03:45:39 pm

Coach, he was out on that play. It was bang bang, but we got the call.

He was out, but about 1/5 of a step. Would have been argued either way I'm sure.

powerlifter90

OK.......... to all of you who have a problem with me saying UA is the "hottest" team going to Omaha here's my mindset.
UA is NOT the most talented team going, matter of fact as far as talent on the field they may be last or close too it.  They are a "good" team, a good team that was up and down most of the season, they lost 10 of the last 13 regular season games, and 8 or the last 9.

They got some confidence in the SEC tourn by beating UF and parlayed that into an undefeated regional and super regional (who else in Omaha is undefeated after regionals and supers?) The teams they beat in post season are teams they probably shouldn't have beaten (if they were playing like they were during regular season).  The teams they knocked off during their run all were national seeds NOBODY else in Omaha have knocked off the caliber of teams that UA has.

Now they have knocked off the #2 seed in the CWS, do I have to further justify my claim? 

RHS

Pretty sure UNC, LSU, CSF and ASU were undefeated, but they were home for both the regional and SR (credit to them for the consistent play in the season to earn that right).

I had no problem with you saying that BUGS, because I think you were right. Had UVA swept OM, I would have argued they were just as hot. Still hot, just a few notches lower. ;D

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas