• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Hogs Headed to Omaha (CWS Thread)

Started by Quite Frankly, June 06, 2009, 03:00:55 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Quite Frankly

June 06, 2009, 03:00:55 pm Last Edit: June 06, 2009, 03:03:10 pm by QF©
Hard to believe.   Go Hogs Go!!!  Most of the SR's still to be played and yet here we are.

FYI:  I had this ready to go in the Top of the 9th.

SMC

And how many people on the other thread said the game was over when you guys went down?

Eddie Goodson

Quote from: SMC on June 06, 2009, 03:01:41 pm
And how many people on the other thread said the game was over when you guys went down?
I did on purpose. You know full well my record lately for pulling for a team to win a series.

RD™

When I am at drill we are undefeated

rsvl_hogfan4

Guess you haven't caught on that we do that on purpose. More out of superstition.

Heck, me and J-lo were talking crap about every player that got up in that inning.

Quite Frankly

Quote from: Eddie Goodson on June 06, 2009, 03:05:17 pm
I did on purpose. You know full well my record lately for pulling for a team to win a series.
See my EG "prediction" of an FSU sweep on the other thread.  ;)

Quite Frankly

Quote from: RD™ on June 06, 2009, 03:08:44 pm
When I am at drill we are undefeated
Well that presents a problem.  For one, if you don't have drill.....

For another you just mentioned it.  I beg of you to stop.

bulldogs1159

Me and Jeff started doing that to every batter from the 6th inning on on facebook. It seemed to do its work. I think I am off work for the Monday game and may be heading up to Omaha!

RD™

Ty

onegearruss

SMC

Quote from: rsvl_hogfan4 on June 06, 2009, 03:10:47 pm
Guess you haven't caught on that we do that on purpose. More out of superstition.

Heck, me and J-lo were talking crap about every player that got up in that inning.

Where are those posts? I was the only person who posted at all during the bottom of the 9th until the game was over.

So I guess, no, I didn't catch on. I am just really stupid.

rsvl_hogfan4

Quote from: SMC on June 06, 2009, 06:19:56 pm
Quote from: rsvl_hogfan4 on June 06, 2009, 03:10:47 pm

Where are those posts? I was the only person who posted at all during the bottom of the 9th until the game was over.

So I guess, no, I didn't catch on. I am just really stupid.
Every game we say stuff like that when we get down to try and reverse it. It is superstition. It is no secret. I mean I flat out said that this has worked in the past so I will go ahead and say it now. Then, I started posting about how we are going to lose. You aren't really stupid, just a little slow to actually think we were serious.

I never said I was posting with J-Lo. I said we were talking crap about the players when we got down. It was just an example, not saying it was in the thread.

fastdrop

I took off my Hogs win it all on purpose......Did not want to Jynx them.

Rizzo

More impressively, SEC has a chance of being half the field in Omaha.

RGP

7 Hours, 32 Minutes from my house..... Not too much farther than it was going down to Norman....

I think I may do it....

AB™

So, what's everyone's excuse when Arkansas does lose a game after everyone starts saying things like they did during today's game?

Quite Frankly

Uncle Ivan

Eddie Goodson

Sad thing is, that's a chick. Ivan used to date her.

B&GT

Quote from: Rizzo on June 06, 2009, 06:45:15 pm

Would be the 3rd time that I can remember.

Ty

Quote from: Rizzo on June 06, 2009, 06:45:15 pm
But the SEC still isn't all that great. :)

gatecrasher

I left the house. Thought it was over. 15 min later my 11-year old daughter texted me and said we had won. Imagine that.

Indiana Jones

Just a little trivia
the Hogs are only the 9th team to make the CWS   having played every post season game on the road

MikeDiesel™

So, the HOgs can beat any team not in the SEC?

Quite Frankly

Quote from: MikeDiesel™ on June 07, 2009, 08:23:14 am
So, the HOgs can beat any team not in the SEC?
That's what I was musing about last week while we were at Norman.  Just keep the SEC teams out of our path and we'll take this thing.

RD™

If florida can make it....we can 8-0 against the sunshine state

powerlifter90

Three weeks ago everyone was writing off the HOGs, don't argue y'all know you were.  This is a prime example of a "good" team getting HOT at the right time.  Baseball is such an emotional sport, one minute you're up, the next you're down.  Right now, Arkansas is the hottest team going to Omaha, if they continue what they are doing there will be another trophy on the hill. 

AB™

June 07, 2009, 12:11:49 pm #31 Last Edit: June 07, 2009, 12:20:58 pm by AB™
Quote from: BUGEATERS on June 07, 2009, 11:46:07 am
Three weeks ago everyone was writing off the HOGs, don't argue y'all know you were.  This is a prime example of a "good" team getting HOT at the right time.  Baseball is such an emotional sport, one minute you're up, the next you're down.  Right now, Arkansas is the hottest team going to Omaha, if they continue what they are doing there will be another trophy on the hill. 

There are other teams that will be going to Omaha with more talent than Arkansas that are playing as well as the Hogs are right now.  LSU, CS Fullerton, and UNC come to mind.

gatecrasher

Let's just get it started and see what happens.

rsvl_hogfan4

June 07, 2009, 01:03:20 pm #33 Last Edit: June 07, 2009, 01:11:04 pm by rsvl_hogfan4
Quote from: AB™ on June 07, 2009, 12:11:49 pm
Quote from: BUGEATERS on June 07, 2009, 11:46:07 am

There are other teams that will be going to Omaha with more talent than Arkansas that are playing as well as the Hogs are right now.  LSU, CS Fullerton, and UNC come to mind.
LSU relies on the HR, so they won't win. At least that is what I heard.

I think CSF beats us, though. Them and LSU are the two best teams in the nation. My ideal situation is we make it to the semifinal game with CSF so one of my teams is promised to advance to the championship. I really don't see us getting by LSU either, though.

stattracker

There's a lot of teams that Arkansas has already beaten that have more talent than Arkansas does.

Arkansas plays great team baseball and capitalizes on pther teams mistakes. If you do those things you will beat superior teams a lot of the times.

iamonepointsevenfive

Is anyone actually planning on going to Omaha? I'm strongly considering it.

powerlifter90

During the UVA game the announcers were talking about how many "West" teams had won the CWS since 02.
Does anyone know when was the last time a team from East of the Mississippi won?

True Believer

Quote from: iamonepointsevenfive on June 08, 2009, 12:29:47 am
Is anyone actually planning on going to Omaha? I'm strongly considering it.

If my work schedule works out, we are going. 

Eddie Goodson

Quote from: BUGEATERS on June 08, 2009, 08:13:16 am
During the UVA game the announcers were talking about how many "West" teams had won the CWS since 02.
Does anyone know when was the last time a team from East of the Mississippi won?
LSU is East of the Mississippi.

blue4hire

Quote from: Eddie Goodson on June 08, 2009, 08:55:00 am
Quote from: BUGEATERS on June 08, 2009, 08:13:16 am
LSU is East of the Mississippi.
LSU was in 2000, Miami was the last team east of the Mississippi to win (2001).

gatecrasher

LSU is NOT east of the Mississippi. It's just west of it. Geography class was not pleasant for you was it? :-)

rsvl_hogfan4

Quote from: gatecrasherfan on June 08, 2009, 01:07:48 pm
LSU is NOT east of the Mississippi. It's just west of it. Geography class was not pleasant for you was it? :-)
Actually, it is east of it.

http://www.lib.utexas.edu/maps/us_2001/louisiana_ref_2001.jpg

ppop

Quite Frankly

Quote from: gatecrasherfan on June 08, 2009, 01:07:48 pm

stina_ar

Out of curiosity: Do we no longer have a Super Regionals thread?

rsvl_hogfan4

Quote from: bobcat on June 08, 2009, 02:30:58 pm
Nope, I guess I will take blame for that.

gatecrasher

Oops. I was wrong. Since when does that river wind west of BR? Lol. My bad.

herws

Quote from: rsvl_hogfan4 on June 08, 2009, 02:32:01 pm

No where on that thread did I mention anything about a threat, that was something you brought up from 2 years ago. You being childish and continually stirring somethign up from 2008 basketball season shows what you are in reference to responses. Oh and if you wanna dog a team, at least know something about them. The loss to USM as at Trustmark Park in Jackson, not OM. Oh and OM , that garbage team, swept your boys and beat USM 8-1 at home. Both teams are in Omaha. OM choked, the other two didn't. That is logical enough to say and go back and forth about but you wouldn't know how to do it and never will.

I hate MSU and they didn't have a good year and I never called them garbage and they won the series at OM. They didn't even get close to sniffing the SECT. Its called sense enough to know better.

You and gatecrasher are WOT I and WOT II on here. That would be Waste of Time.

Im done with both of ya, bash away. You win.

rsvl_hogfan4

Quote from: herws on June 08, 2009, 04:18:15 pm
Quote from: rsvl_hogfan4 on June 08, 2009, 02:32:01 pm

No where on that thread did I mention anything about a threat, that was something you brought up from 2 years ago. You being childish and continually stirring somethign up from 2008 basketball season shows what you are in reference to responses. Oh and if you wanna dog a team, at least know something about them. The loss to USM as at Trustmark Park in Jackson, not OM. Oh and OM , that garbage team, swept your boys and beat USM 8-1 at home. Both teams are in Omaha. OM choked, the other two didn't. That is logical enough to say and go back and forth about but you wouldn't know how to do it and never will.

I hate MSU and they didn't have a good year and I never called them garbage and they won the series at OM. They didn't even get close to sniffing the SECT. Its called sense enough to know better.

You and gatecrasher are WOT I and WOT II on here. That would be Waste of Time.

Im done with both of ya, bash away. You win.
Like I said, I don't actually believe they are garbage. I just knew it would rile you up and wanted to see what your response is.

Funny how everyone in the thread bashes Ole Miss, but you cry about mine.

You got me good.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas