• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Official- Arkansas Head Coach Bobby Petrino(Retro Bump)

Started by bulldogs1159, December 11, 2007, 06:02:46 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

bulldogs1159

Quote from: Romeo on December 11, 2007, 06:44:56 pm
Thank you, Ron Mexico.
Quote of the year. This sir is going in my signature line. +1

RHS

Someone on the Mob tell them to reactivate my account.

RGP

Looking at the coaches on his staff, it looks like he's had quite a few have been with him for some time. I was really suprised to see VanGorder one of his assistants. I think Paul Petrino will be our OC. He was it at Louisville. I wouldn't be suprised to see VanGorder as DC either. That would be a great start to the staff...

SMC

I didn't think it was possible for Arkansas to hire someone that made me dislike them more. I was wrong. Good coach, terrible human being.

Like I told Kirk - between having Fulmer, Saban, and Petrino in the conference, the SEC should immediately cancel those "A Story of Character" commercials.

RHS

Paul Finebaum hates him and the hire, so it much be a good thing.

bulldogs1159

Quote from: SMC on December 11, 2007, 06:55:51 pm
I didn't think it was possible for Arkansas to hire someone that made me dislike them more. I was wrong. Good coach, terrible human being.

Like I told Kirk - between having Fulmer, Saban, and Petrino in the conference, the SEC should immediately cancel those "A Story of Character" commercials.
I had a feeling we weren't ever going to win you over to our side anyway. :)

Throwback1

Quote from: RHS on December 11, 2007, 06:56:09 pm
Paul Finebaum hates him and the hire, so it much be a good thing.
good point

RGP

Quote from: Romeo on December 11, 2007, 06:25:32 pm
www.ajc.com

confirmed by the atlanta journal constitution. Petrino's headed to Arkansas.
Anyone else notice that the great newspaper in Atlanta is using the word "Quit" but when Houston leaves all of ours used "Resigned?"

May not even matter to some but I found that interesting...

RD™

I am renewing season tickets officially.

Throwback1

Quote from: bulldogs1159™© on December 11, 2007, 06:56:45 pm

I had a feeling we weren't ever going to win you over to our side anyway. :)
lol..nope

bulldogs1159

Quote from: RD on December 11, 2007, 06:57:38 pm
I am renewing season tickets officially.
We are going to have to tailgate next season. BRING ON OLE MISS!!

RGP

allconfrenceuncle49

I wonder if Tyrone Nix is havin second thoughts now

True Believer

And Nutt has good character.   Nutt was bad coach, bad character.  In my opinion of course.

RGP

RD™

according to reports, we will have the highest paid staff in the SEC.

Thank God, we broke the bank finally. Apparently, he will assmble A TOP NOTCH STAFF

Throwback1

RGP

Quote from: RD on December 11, 2007, 07:07:16 pm

Thank God, we broke the bank finally. Apparently, he will assmble A TOP NOTCH STAFF
Heard that on DTS just a few minutes ago...

Throwback1

Quote from: RD on December 11, 2007, 07:07:16 pm

...and some still saying Arkansas doesn't "have the money"..lol..always did....test question:  Who is retiring in a about 3 weeks?  Different philosophy.

RGP

SandLizard04

Perhaps you could enlighten us some more on his character. We already know, of course, that he will let anyone that is not currently in jail play on his teams, but what else?

RGP

10:30 Press Conference Tomorrow Morning!

allconfrenceuncle49

Quote from: Ramblin' Man on December 11, 2007, 07:13:10 pm
Perhaps you could enlighten us some more on his character. We already know, of course, that he will let anyone that is not currently in jail play on his teams, but what else?

The former coach of the hogs did the same thing. 

jbell96

Quote from: RHS on December 11, 2007, 06:48:38 pm
Someone on the Mob tell them to reactivate my account.

There is no mob. ;)

RGP

Petrino called a staff meeting late Tuesday afternoon, a meeting which last about 10 seconds, sources said.

"He just said to us, 'Guys I've resigned, I'm going to Arkansas. I'm sorry. I'll be talking with you guys in the future.' And with that he turned and walked out the door. We haven't been told anything else," said one assistant coach.

At this point, the assistant coaches have not been told who will be coaching the team going forward.

Petrino did not address the team following his resignation. Players are livid with the way Petrino handled his exit and several called situation "classless."

http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/7553354

Throwback1

ALL NEGATIVITY WILL BE IGNORED!  (nothing personal)

GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO HOGS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

tubaman2653

Media is just trying to downgrade him.  They said the Arkansas job was unhirable and they are trying to cover up that arkansas hit a homerun.

RD™

Throwback1

Quote from: RunningGamePower on December 11, 2007, 07:17:51 pm
Petrino called a staff meeting late Tuesday afternoon, a meeting which last about 10 seconds, sources said.

"He just said to us, 'Guys I've resigned, I'm going to Arkansas. I'm sorry. I'll be talking with you guys in the future.' And with that he turned and walked out the door. We haven't been told anything else," said one assistant coach.

At this point, the assistant coaches have not been told who will be coaching the team going forward.

Petrino did not address the team following his resignation. Players are livid with the way Petrino handled his exit and several called situation "classless."

http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/7553354
A. They didn't like him anyway. , and B. These the same guys wearing "free vick" tshirts?...FRICK "EM.

allconfrenceuncle49

Why do the falcons care. They gave up on him when they knew MV7 was gone.

Throwback1

Quote from: allconfrenceuncle49 on December 11, 2007, 07:20:56 pm
Why do the falcons care. They gave up on him when they knew MV7 was gone.
lol...agreed..like anyone could possibly care what a bunch of overpaid, underachieving MV worshipers think about ANYTHING!

SandLizard04

Now there's a guy who cares about his players.

He'll fit right in.

RD™

Arkansas has a more winning tradition over the Atlanta Falcons. The Falcons are about to endure a period of darkness, Vick was there hope, that hope is behind bars.

Throwback1

Quote from: Ramblin' Man on December 11, 2007, 07:23:58 pm

He'll fit right in.
Like they showed all yeaer how much they cared about him?..

allconfrenceuncle49

lol houston now the lowest paid coach in the sec west

RD™

Quote from: Ramblin' Man on December 11, 2007, 07:23:58 pm

He'll fit right in.
They didnt'c are for him either Tobin.

RHS

Quote from: allconfrenceuncle49 on December 11, 2007, 07:16:07 pm

Say what you want, but he didn't let a player on the team that had been arrested 11 times in high school.

SandLizard04

Quote from: RHS on December 11, 2007, 07:25:20 pm
Quote from: allconfrenceuncle49 on December 11, 2007, 07:16:07 pm

Say what you want, but he didn't let a player on the team that had been arrested 11 times in high school.
How'd that work out, by the way? LOL.

RGP

General Question:

Consider an outsider's opinion on this situation. How does this compare to Saban ordeal last year?

RHS

KTHV is saying presser tonight at 10:30.

Throwback1

People who are not true Razorback fans will do all they can to make the Petrino hire as negative as they can.  All true Razorback fans should expect this, and ignore it.  Has nothing to do with the future, and is totally irrelevant as regards the future of the Razorback nation and the program's future.  Just keep looking ahead and up, and let the negativity fall off your shoulders.  That is an attitude that is their problem, not our's.

RD™

many sites reporting 10:30 tonight.....

This is Arkansas' way of flipping the bird to the rest of the country.

Throwback1

Quote from: RD on December 11, 2007, 07:34:35 pm

OH, and by the way, since I haven't seen anybody say it yet, First Test:  AD Long...A+

RHS

He might have some character issues, but frick it. I'm just happy this is over.

RD™

one of the Christmas Gifts I wanted

"Unite the Razorback Nation"

We are 1 again

jbell96

Dennis Dodd & Gregg Doyle can s*ck it.

Throwback1

Quote from: Throwback1 on December 11, 2007, 07:37:04 pm

OH, and by the way, since I haven't seen anybody say it yet, First Test:  AD Long...A+
Talk about coming out of the dark smelling like a rose. ^

RD™

Okay....does Reggie Herring coach the game still? I mean we have our new Head coach on The Hill.

RGP

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas