• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

The UA debacle. All Nutt/Mitch/Damian talk here

Started by memphisguy, December 11, 2006, 10:48:42 am

Previous topic - Next topic

If You Could Fire Coach Nutt Today, What Would Your Reason Be?

Winning 10 games for the 1st time since Ken Hatfield was the coach in the late 1980s
4 (22.2%)
For going to a New year's Day bowl
6 (33.3%)
For winning the SEC West
0 (0%)
For coaching a Heisman Trophy Ruuner-Up
1 (5.6%)
For beating Auburn at Auburn
2 (11.1%)
For beat the Vols at Fayetteville
2 (11.1%)
For Winning 10 Straight
3 (16.7%)

Total Members Voted: 11

not ray

Amen to the above.  I love the whole when you were 17 didn't you also say stupid stuff.  Nate Allen decides to devote a column to blaming the media.  My God it is the medias fault, it is Houtson's fault, he is just a kid.  Anyone notice a pattern.  Nothing is Mitch's fault.  Maybe that is the problem.  He has been spoon fed his entire career.  He also has done very well for himself.  And now it has gotten hard and things did not go like they all planned.  Maybe they should just create their own college.  That part right there could almost be a bit ironic if you think about what is in Springdale.  The whole 60 balls a year thing is ludicrous.  If they wanted that then they should have gone to play for someone who throws the ball on everyplay.  I just wonder how many teams in the country this year will have 2 freshmen catch 60 balls.  Or how many ever have?

not ray

Your preaching to the choir right here.  But alas the kool-aid has fogged the minds.  Look no further than some of their counterparts posts on this board that follow Shiloh.  They really are not that much different.  They do have some certain things they are entitled to.  I would think you would already have know that.   ::)

Uncle Ivan

Cut Nutt loose.

Better yet, go to the core of the problem.  Get rid of Frank Broyles.

humbleme

Sounds like we are all in agreement the meeting should NOT have happened and the parents are self promoting individuals at the cost of damage to their children.  This DID NOT help the program OR the kids.  Not sure it it helped the parents unless it fed their egos at the cost of damaging their kids.  I'm done with this and sick of hearing about it already!  I bet even Rick Schaeffer will have an issue with this and he is the biggest homer of all (which is a good thing) in my opinion.  I wish the Hgs well and hope they kick butt on Jan. 1.  WITHOUT the Springdale 3.  We need to leave  Andrew Norman out of this conversation since his parents were not present to my knowledge. Props to them!   

eaglesflyhigher

I've got three kids that have played every sport there is. Never ever have I've patronized there complaints about playing time. Look your children in the eye and say, you need to "get better" because coaches are paid to win, not make people happy. What can I do to help?.    period

Uncle Ivan

Other players in different years have met with Frank as well.

It is lovely to see how the lapdog media continues to take their marching orders from the Broyles Complex.

T-Wacker

Quote from: President Ivan on December 13, 2006, 11:08:24 am
Cut Nutt loose.

Better yet, go to the core of the problem.  Get rid of Frank Broyles.

BINGO!

T-Wacker

Quote from: S.D. Jones on December 13, 2006, 11:00:14 am
Anyone notice a pattern.

Yes, HDN continues to screw things up.

So, what has HDN done to deserve to keep coaching the Hogs? Is it his ability to bring championships to Arkansas? Obviously not, he never has. Is it his ability to recruit high profile players? Then again, take homestate players away, McFadden, Mustain, and he has failed. He has also failed at even keeping the best instate players at home, see tennessee's roster. How about the ability to win big games? No explanation needed there I guess. His ability to develop players? Name a QB he has developed. This is a guy that had a WR at QB for 4 years. Last but not least, his ability to make sure every aspect of the game is covered? Our FG kicking has been horrible since he arrived, and he has failed to offer a scholarship to a kicker until this year. I hear all of the reason why people hate Mustain and Malzahn, give some real answer to why HDN should be retained?

If HDN was at numerous programs (Alabama, Auburn, Miami, Florida, USC, etc.) the list is almost endless, would he have been retained after the 3 or 4 years leading up to this season? NO!

not ray

December 13, 2006, 11:59:11 am #108 Last Edit: December 13, 2006, 12:07:53 pm by S.D. Jones
Problem this time is this is not individual parents concerned about their own childs well being.  This is about them wanting the glory that had in high school.  And this is just not high school anymore.  Maybe if the parents and everyone else would just let the team and Houston deal with these problems then there would be not story.  Sorry but when you are the only sports story in the state these things are going to be reported.

not ray

Houston has been a problem since 99.  But everyone was ready to drink his kool-aid also back then.  I really have no use for him, but none of the absolves the Springdale group of being arrogant and stupid.  I just wonder if they would trying to pull this power play at another school? 

zebradynasty

Quote from: President Ivan on December 13, 2006, 11:37:04 am
Other players in different years have met with Frank as well.

It is lovely to see how the lapdog media continues to take their marching orders from the Broyles Complex.

I don't have a big problem with the kids wanting to talk with Frank! Besides being an expert on being a horse's butt he could probably give kids some guidance if they are actually seeking help. However, having mommy and daddy demand a meeting with the AD during the season ...if it has happen before it hasn't been publicized and that's they way such a meeting should take place private behind close doors and what was said stays there! No way do you talk to the media about that meeting!

Uncle Ivan

Quote from: S.D. Jones on December 13, 2006, 12:01:04 pmbut none of the absolves the Springdale group of being arrogant

It's not like none of us weren't aware of it, and it isn't limited to just the players' parents in that town.

jbell96

Quote from: rsvl_hogfan4 on December 13, 2006, 10:50:22 am
Quote from: FF Chief of Staff of the Air Force JBELL on December 13, 2006, 09:27:24 am
Quote from: R. A.™ on December 13, 2006, 08:47:02 am
HDN cut the Springdale babies loose. We have Darren McFadden, who gives us no lip and whose family is not in JFB's office complaining about how the offense didn't help him win the Heisman.

If they want to leave let them, but don't let the families ag it on, or they ( the players)will be ran out of town by fellow students, and a reputation of a cry baby or a family of cry babies will follow them where ever they go, and that could hurt them.

It is almost as if since all the hype from last year has died out, that the Springdale boys (our their families) need more attention, they don't want the ones that deserve it(Darren McFadden) to get all the attention.

Cut them loose, we don't need freshmen dictating what we do on the Hill!

When did we get such an influx of Huggers?
Why is it that everytime someone doesn't agree with you they have to be called huggers? You must be hanging around Hogville too much. It is obvious that Mitch isn't as good as he was made out to be, or at least as of right now he isn't. Just because this guy thinks the Springdale players are spoiled doesn't mean he is a hugger.

I don't want the players to leave, but they don't need to be so selfish. Houston takes more heat than anyone for some of the stuff he says and is expected to handle the stuff said about him. When one little thing is said about Mustain everyone cries. Why should he not be expected to take the heat? Some of the stuff he said was disrespectful towards his head coach. It may have been said last year, but was still stupid to say.

I've been a member on hogville for about a month or two, and barely have 50 posts on there, so once again your assumptions about me are wrong again. We don't know what these kids were promised when they were recruited to come here. I know other schools lie too, but that doesn't make it right.

Nutt gets paid 1.5 million a year to take heat so I see no reason to feel sorry for him.

sam

Those guys are idiots.  Do they think we can have a 1000 yard rusher, 1500 yard rusher, 3000 yard passer and 3-1000 yard receivers? 

I mean come on, the hogs don't get to go up against PA's defense every week. 

I've got a great idea, let's take carries away from McFadden and let mustain throw the ball to Damien Williams.

I'm no math major but when you have a qb who completes less than half of his passes and a WR who catches less than half of his passes and the best player in the nation at TB...................................

WWDCD?  (what would don campbell do)

Uncle Ivan

sam

How tough would the diamond T be with Mcfadden, Jones, and a non whiny Hillis?

Uncle Ivan

Quote from: zebradynasty on December 13, 2006, 12:05:02 pmNo way do you talk to the media about that meeting!

Exactly.

Nutt's cronies and their media will force-feed Rick Cleveland's statements down our throats.  Wait and see.

R. A.™

Nutt is not leaving and neither is broyles, GOD why can't some of you get it into your heads!?!?!?!?

Uncle Ivan

Quote from: sam on December 13, 2006, 12:22:29 pm
How tough would the diamond T be with Mcfadden, Jones, and a non whiny Hillis?

Absolutely badassed.

If you're wondering about Campbell, this is the guy who let Deangelo Williams quit his football team....for a weekend, anyway, until Ears came to his senses, and apologized to DC and the team.  Don then sat Williams the next week during a critical game.

DC doesn't take crap. 

Uncle Ivan

Quote from: R. A.™ on December 13, 2006, 12:23:01 pm
Nutt is not leaving and neither is broyles, GOD why can't some of you get it into your heads!?!?!?!?

If Mal Moore offers, Dale's gone.

Broyles' last day on the job will consist of him leaving his office horizontally.

businesstron

I had to come out of hiding to say something......     Blame it on yourselves..... The community up gave the Springdale 5 too much WAAY TOO MUCH....   So now they have egos.   I have no issue with the players going to the coach and airing thier griviences, but sending their parents to the AD is just BULL.  This isn't pee wee football.  If I were an upper class man I'd be pretty hacked at those freshmen right now...   Mustain ain't gonna make any friends complaining to Nutt and Broyles....he better win his team mates over first.  Nutt has to be something decent through all this crap he's still 11-3 in the SEC.   

Just enjoy the season and complain about the crap afterwards.   If they transfer.... let em..  There are better players with smaller egos....   Mustain hasn't proved anything to me yet.  He struggled against weenie teams and only really had one good game.  Clevland is doing ok for a tight end though...

That made my day when I read that article....

Uncle Ivan

Quote from: businesstron on December 13, 2006, 12:34:17 pmsending their parents to the AD is just BULL.

I highly, highly doubt they sent mommy and daddy there.

businesstron

Quote from: President Ivan on December 13, 2006, 12:38:55 pm
Quote from: businesstron on December 13, 2006, 12:34:17 pmsending their parents to the AD is just BULL.

I highly, highly doubt they sent mommy and daddy there.

Your probably right.   You'd think those parents would know better though...

zebradynasty

Quote from: President Ivan on December 13, 2006, 12:22:52 pm
Quote from: zebradynasty on December 13, 2006, 12:05:02 pmNo way do you talk to the media about that meeting!

Exactly.

Nutt's cronies and their media will force-feed Rick Cleveland's statements down our throats.  Wait and see.

Well in this case Nutt does need to rally the media troops! The book and the meeting is like a big pile of dog mess on the carpet it's gonna leave a stain! It's obvious that MM and his cronies are trying to take over the program. It started in that USC game when the crowd booed Rojo and then nearly went hysterical when MM tossed the pass to Damien. Yes I know Cure and others that drunk the kool-aid say that Mitch read his progression all the way to number ten made 13 players miss him and then threw the ball on a rope 50 yards with two 350 pound DT's hanging on him! The replay shows that USC was not set, had second and third teamers in and the coverage was blown and the wr was wide open! The view in the stands and on the sideline after that play had me worried that the team would divide. Luckily they pulled themselves together (all except 3) and had a good season! Like I said this mess stinks and it couldn't come at a worse time with bowl preparation and recruiting!

businesstron

Rojo is my team player of the year...........

Uncle Ivan

December 13, 2006, 12:49:56 pm #125 Last Edit: December 13, 2006, 12:51:27 pm by President Ivan
Quote from: zebradynasty on December 13, 2006, 12:46:04 pmIt's obvious that MM and his cronies are trying to take over the program.

I wouldn't go that far. 

However, Rick Cleveland did mess things up tremendously for those opposing the cancer that is killing the football program.

As for Robert Johnson's removal at QB, sheesh.  He was, quite possibly, the worst QB in the past two decades up there.

R. A.™

Quote from: President Ivan on December 13, 2006, 12:26:58 pm
Quote from: R. A.™ on December 13, 2006, 12:23:01 pm

If Mal Moore offers, Dale's gone.

Broyles' last day on the job will consist of him leaving his office horizontally.

Moore is not going to offer so that's that

not ray

There just a progression to how things should be done, and this has been a textbook examply of how not to do things.  It does not matter that ROJO was a bad QB.  If he was that bad and only had one game to prove himself he should never have been the QB in the USC.  The fact that they did not feed Mitch to the Trojans was so obvious.  All they did was pretty his pretty little record.  Nothing like all those wins in a row and then getting your tail handed to you in your first college start.  If that had been Utah State in the first game don't ya think just maybe he would have been named the starter?  This is pathetic from all sides.  I cannot stand Houston Nutt, and so far Mitch has done just left of ZERO to prove he has any business talking.  But they are getting a lot of mileage out of high school ball.

SMC

Quote from: zebradynasty on December 13, 2006, 12:46:04 pm
Yes I know Cure and others that drunk the kool-aid say that Mitch read his progression all the way to number ten made 13 players miss him and then threw the ball on a rope 50 yards with two 350 pound DT's hanging on him! The replay shows that USC was not set, had second and third teamers in and the coverage was blown and the wr was wide open!

That is probably the best quote I have ever read on this board. EVER

And the parade of people siding with the 3 players and parents is hilarious. I wonder what all the other players on the team feel about what they did? But hey, it's OK because they are obviously anti-Nutt, right? Some of you people will support anything as long as it is against Nutt or makes him look bad. Even if it threatens to sabotage a team that just went from 4-7 to 10-3 and is building a strong foundation for the future.

The enemy of my enemy is my friend. I guess.

not ray

There have been a slew of bad QBs at Arkansas in the past 2 decades.  I would say that Robert Johnson would not even make the top 10. 

Uncle Ivan

Quote from: R. A.™ on December 13, 2006, 12:57:51 pmMoore is not going to offer so that's that

Better write that down in pencil, instead of with a pen.

Uncle Ivan

Quote from: SMC on December 13, 2006, 01:11:04 pmEven if it threatens to sabotage a team that just went from 4-7 to 10-3 and is building a strong foundation for the future.

This program has no future with Houston Nutt. 

Uncle Ivan

Quote from: S.D. Jones on December 13, 2006, 01:15:10 pm
There have been a slew of bad QBs at Arkansas in the past 2 decades.  I would say that Robert Johnson would not even make the top 10. 

Then they must be horrific to be worse than a QB whose won a grand total of two games as a starter, one against a Sun Belt team and the other against a D-AA opponent.

mack

Quote from: President Ivan on December 13, 2006, 01:24:59 pm

Then they must be horrific to be worse than a QB whose won a grand total of two games as a starter, one against a Sun Belt team and the other against a D-AA opponent.

Uh, I think he was agreeing with you....

SingleWingGuru

December 13, 2006, 01:35:28 pm #134 Last Edit: December 13, 2006, 01:39:29 pm by SingleWingGuru
We have Darren McFadden, who gives us no lip and whose family is not in JFB's office complaining about how the offense didn't help him win the Heisman.

Don't put your eggs in the DMAC basket, or you'll be bitter when he makes another big mistake.  Like bar fights.

(this part not focused on RA (but on the general audience))
Can you imagine the things you said when you were 17 and 18?   

Now imagine if all the hormone driven, immature, selfish, high school things you said when you were worried more about prom than your future were PLASTERED EVERYWHERE for EVERYONE to see.  It would be pretty hard for anyone to look good in that situation.

I'm not a Mitch hugger.  Just like I said, in high school, he could do two things throw a pretty deep ball and throw a pretty ball to a screen.  He is a good passer, a smart kid, but probably not as mentally developed as everyone thought.  A solid intermediate passing game is a sign of a good QB and he is a long ways from that.

Uncle Ivan

Razoryager

December 13, 2006, 01:42:16 pm #136 Last Edit: December 13, 2006, 08:17:18 pm by Razoryager
Quote from: mack on December 13, 2006, 01:32:14 pm
Quote from: President Ivan on December 13, 2006, 01:24:59 pm

Uh, I think he was agreeing with you....

see Peanut Adams

zebradynasty

Quote from: SingleWingGuru on December 13, 2006, 01:35:28 pm
We have Darren McFadden, who gives us no lip and whose family is not in JFB's office complaining about how the offense didn't help him win the Heisman.

Don't put your eggs in the DMAC basket, or you'll be bitter when he makes another big mistake.  Like bar fights.

I don't want to start that debate again but what has DMAC done other than the fight to show he would repeat that mistake OR make other BIG mistakes? The big difference is DMAC seems to have grown from his mistake! MM continues to make the same mistake! I mean I see a pattern looks like we have a TO in training!

zebradynasty

Quote from: Leinart07 on December 13, 2006, 01:49:12 pm
Ark Dem Gaz: "J. J. Meadors, with 62 catches in 1995, is the only Razorback with 60 or more catches in a season in the program's history." "Five SEC players have 60 or more catches this season; three had 60 or more last season."

That should show them right there that if they wanted that many catches dont come to Ark, and probably not the SEC.

Sounds like they need to go to the WAC or Texas Tech!

zebradynasty

Quote from: President Ivan on December 13, 2006, 01:56:56 pm
Quote from: zebradynasty on December 13, 2006, 01:51:26 pmMM continues to make the same mistake!

What mistake.

As a high school player you don't run down a coach (EVEN IF IT IS NUTT) and certainly not in a book! Then you don't play "Am gonna go tell my momma on you"! When you don't get the playing time you think you deserve. There have been more players than I can name that have been dissatisfied with the amount of playing time but very few if any were FRESHMAN that actually started.

Lions84

Y'all lay off the boy He was LIED TO BY NUTT and He wanted some Answers!

humbleme

mack

[

[/quote]

Why are you assuming DMAC will make another "mistake" as you put it?  Have you ever been in a fight?  Even if you have not, you probably have a friend who has.  It was stupid of DMAC of course, and could have cost his team w's and himself $$.  But again, why do you make that asinine assumption he'll do it again?  Do you not learn from your mistakes?   

mack

Quote from: Lions84 on December 13, 2006, 02:25:00 pm
Y'all lay off the boy He was LIED TO BY NUTT and He wanted some Answers!

Do you know nothing about college recruiting?

Uncle Ivan

Mustain, nor any other players were at the meeting.

Going straight to the top for answers is not an uncommon practice. 

Uncle Ivan

Quote from: zebradynasty on December 13, 2006, 02:12:09 pmAs a high school player you don't run down a coach (EVEN IF IT IS NUTT) and certainly not in a book! Then you don't play "Am gonna go tell my momma on you"! When you don't get the playing time you think you deserve. There have been more players than I can name that have been dissatisfied with the amount of playing time but very few if any were FRESHMAN that actually started.

So, telling the truth is a mistake? 

sam

Uncle Ivan

Quote from: sam on December 13, 2006, 02:40:50 pm
Are you married Ivan?

No, but I do freely expect to go through a divorce or two in my life.

Mustain had the right to say what he said without reprisal, which is exactly what he is getting at the moment.

sam

You're on the right track.  Some lies are necessary. 

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas