• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

BP's Firing

Started by Brian G, April 10, 2012, 07:38:14 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

fastdrop

Quote from: Uncle Ivan on April 12, 2012, 09:23:42 am
Quote from: fastdrop on April 12, 2012, 07:35:28 am

If you would of pulled off the blinders you would of known who the man was during the LSU game.

Garbage.

Honestly now, for all the reasons why Petrino would be gone, did anyone remotely think it'd be because of a sex scandal?

Be honest.
It was obvious - When he pointed at Les and hollered the insult at him --- he was trying to impress his women with how tough he was when he was getting his tail kicked all over the place.

no - never figured he would lose his job over falling hard for a 25 year old gal.

olddog79

Bogey

April 13, 2012, 09:10:52 am #52 Last Edit: April 13, 2012, 09:21:56 am by Bogey
awe heck .... it was easy to see where this thing was going from the get go,

Only blind hog fans could yell out about second chances....casting stones etc.

If you would of pulled off the blinders you would of known who the man was during the LSU game.

Which LSU game?  The one last year when he lost control when the classless LSU coach was still trying to score at the end of the game with the outcome already settled?  Or the year before in Little Rock when he had Mallett take a knee 2 or 3 times, running out the clock, while inside the 15 so he wouldn't be showing up the
LSU players?

Now, BP has embarrased himself, and completely let down his coaching staff, his bosses, the players he recruited, and the fans.  So, I am not a fan of his as far as being a human being right now, but there is no doubt he is in the Top 3 as a football coach.....speaking strictly football and nothing else.

I will almost bet that he will be coaching again in 2013.  Maybe at Tennessee.  I don't think Dooley will survive this year, and there is ALWAYS the temptation to go out and hire someone like this regardless of the baggage he carries, because he will win.

To echo most everyone, I am proud of Jeff Long!  He did the right thing, and that is not always easy. (or everyone would do it)

zebradynasty

BP to Tenn....hmmm that has some intriguing possibilities. Tenn still has the ability to draw players from all over not sure if that is enough to overcome BP's reputation...but it could work? Actually I hope that IF he gets another gig it would not be in the SEC.

Ex-HAplayer

Quote from: Bogey on April 13, 2012, 09:10:52 am
awe heck .... it was easy to see where this thing was going from the get go,

Only blind hog fans could yell out about second chances....casting stones etc.

Which LSU game?  The one last year when he lost control when the classless LSU coach was still trying to score at the end of the game with the outcome already settled? Or the year before in Little Rock when he had Mallett take a knee 2 or 3 times, running out the clock, while inside the 15 so he wouldn't be showing up the
LSU players?

Now, BP has embarrased himself, and completely let down his coaching staff, his bosses, the players he recruited, and the fans.  So, I am not a fan of his as far as being a human being right now, but there is no doubt he is in the Top 3 as a football coach.....speaking strictly football and nothing else.

I will almost bet that he will be coaching again in 2013.  Maybe at Tennessee.  I don't think Dooley will survive this year, and there is ALWAYS the temptation to go out and hire someone like this regardless of the baggage he carries, because he will win.

To echo most everyone, I am proud of Jeff Long!  He did the right thing, and that is not always easy. (or everyone would do it)

You mean Arkansas is mad at LSU for doing that when they did that to UTENN??

bdubyab60

Dorrel is now on paid leave as well seems she had the same clause in her contract.

Uncle Ivan

I always assumed that if Petrino were to leave, it was because he blew up at Long, took his ball, and went home.

Just finished looking at the listing for his house in Fayetteville.  Place is swank.

Rulesman

Quote from: Uncle Ivan on April 13, 2012, 03:12:58 pm
I always assumed that if Petrino were to leave, it was because he blew up at Long, took his ball, and went home.

Just finished looking at the listing for his house in Fayetteville.  Place is swank.
The house has been listed for 2 years. Think he knew something?

Brian G

All his kids were out of the house.

DogsWin7

April 13, 2012, 05:09:40 pm #59 Last Edit: April 13, 2012, 05:12:10 pm by DiehardFBfan
Next thing ya know "Empty Nest Syndrome" made him put it up for sale.  Did state "downsizing"

Brian G

Which was my point. 

Rulesman

Quote from: B.G. on April 13, 2012, 05:05:34 pm
All his kids were out of the house.
I suspect the wife is, too.  ;D

Brian G

I don't think that is a given.

zebradynasty

Quote from: bdubyab60 on April 13, 2012, 02:16:49 pm
Dorrel is now on paid leave as well seems she had the same clause in her contract.

Yep sounds like neither will be getting paid!

Hoghead

A Wally Hall exclusive is soon to follow !!!

phdefense

This is a little off topic, but I could not think of a better place to put it. Has anyone wondered why BP was really messed up and the woman wasn't? A very long grapevine has suggested that BP injuries were not sustained from the wreck, but rather that he got them from the woman's fiance prior to the wreck. And that they were on the motorcycle trying to get away from him.

Breitontime

If the UA fires the girl, there will be a multimillion dollar sexual harassment lawsuit to follow.

Brian G

They know what they are doing.  The problem is more with the people who did not get hired.

MHSPANTHERS

April 14, 2012, 08:38:30 am #68 Last Edit: April 14, 2012, 08:59:40 am by MHSPANTHERS
^^BG is exactly right.  JD should be shown the door as former CBP was.

The best view of Petrino is in the rear view as we say a permanent bye.

Romeo

The people that didn't get hired is definitely the problem. Not saying JD wasn't qualified for the job, but their were many applicants that were more qualified than she was. The two other finalists for the job were a lot more qualified.

Brian G

She also violated the full disclosure clause that was included in her contract.

Uncle Ivan

Quote from: Rulesman on April 13, 2012, 04:31:39 pm
The house has been listed for 2 years. Think he knew something?

Nah.  He had a pile of houses, had to unload what he could.

zebradynasty

Quote from: Breitontime on April 14, 2012, 08:00:17 am
If the UA fires the girl, there will be a multimillion dollar sexual harassment lawsuit to follow.

Nope she gets nothing! UA might offer her what they think it will cost to litigate (lawyer fees etc..) just to settle out of court and move on. If she wants to go to court in the end the only thing she will have is lawyer bills. She was not victimized  nor was she coerced. It will be very hard to prove BP's advances were unwelcome. The texts, phone calls, the job and $20 grand clearly show she was a willing participant. Her failure to disclose the money she received from her future boss was enough to fire her.

As BG said it's the 150 plus applicants you got to worry about.

Hoghead

The UA will give her a hot dog and a road map ! Tell her to kick rocks and hit Hwy 71 South.

cotnhauler

Quote from: phdefense on April 14, 2012, 07:34:11 am
This is a little off topic, but I could not think of a better place to put it. Has anyone wondered why BP was really messed up and the woman wasn't? A very long grapevine has suggested that BP injuries were not sustained from the wreck, but rather that he got them from the woman's fiance prior to the wreck. And that they were on the motorcycle trying to get away from him.
There are some forums you can ask that question and get deleted in a hurry and told not to come back!

fastdrop

Quote from: cotnhauler on April 14, 2012, 09:38:34 pm
Quote from: phdefense on April 14, 2012, 07:34:11 am
There are some forums you can ask that question and get deleted in a hurry and told not to come back!
I would guess that she is the one that will leak the truth in the end.

Iknewthemwhen

If some tabloid wants to air the dirty laundry, they might offer some money to her.  That's a big if.  UA just needs to can her and let it go, the sooner the better and let time start to help this pass.  I knew there was a reason it was taking me so long to warm up to Petrino.

Brian G

Whatever she has to say is moot to me.  She's just the floozy.  They are a dime a dozen.  No one knew who she was before and in the future she will be on no consequence.

The story is him and his fall.  She's just a washed up supporting actress.  He's the Oscar award winning leading man.

Iknewthemwhen

True, but you will not get the story from him.  I doubt he really sees what he did as that wrong.  He more likely sees it as unfortunate that he had a bike wreck, otherwise he would be hooking up with Dorrell today somewhere.

Brian G

Quote from: Iknewthemwhen on April 15, 2012, 12:03:54 pm
True, but you will not get the story from him.
What's it matter?  The story that mattered is out there.  Are you wanting their first date info or what?

I doubt he really sees what he did as that wrong. 

Really?  Would that be why he choose not to sue for part of his salary and buyout?

He more likely sees it as unfortunate that he had a bike wreck, otherwise he would be hooking up with Dorrell today somewhere.
You sure assume a lot about what is in his mind.  And who says he's not 'hooking up' with her today?  Or any day?  And who cares at this point?

Iknewthemwhen

He's not going to sue because his lawyers from Birmingham told him it would do not good and his reputation is already a wreck.  If he ever hopes to coach in college or NFL again he best leave lawsuits alone.  I think he would love to sue.  He just has that type of ego.  You may not care about the story but i bet if one of his girlfriends writes it, it will sell.  Oh, and with a broken spine and 4 broke ribs, he ain't hooking up with anyone.

DogsWin7

He should be Thanking his lucky stars he is alive after the wreck and be done. 

True Believer

I still don't understand how she did not have a scratch on her. 

I guess I will have to buy the book.

OldScrap

Quote from: Iknewthemwhen on April 15, 2012, 12:52:18 pm
He's not going to sue because his lawyers from Birmingham told him it would do not good and his reputation is already a wreck.  If he ever hopes to coach in college or NFL again he best leave lawsuits alone.  I think he would love to sue.  He just has that type of ego.  You may not care about the story but i bet if one of his girlfriends writes it, it will sell.  Oh, and with a broken spine and 4 broke ribs, he ain't hooking up with anyone.

I agree. Yet I believe other reasons might be in the mix.

I do no know what value he places on his marriage, a long lawsuit started by him would not help the marriage, but might do great harm if it all got dragged in the open court of law, so perhaps that HELPS keep him from suing.

Brian G

I repeat.  He has NO CASE to sue.  You folks speculate, I'll go with reality.

bleudog

ricepig

Quote from: True Believer on April 15, 2012, 01:49:51 pm
I still don't understand how she did not have a scratch on her. 

I guess I will have to buy the book.

She had scrapes and a twisted ankle on Monday, according to people in the office. Now, how she got them I do mot know.

cotnhauler

Quote from: B.G. on April 15, 2012, 04:23:43 pm
I repeat.  He has NO CASE to sue.  You folks speculate, I'll go with reality.
The statement above is completely accurate. He simply has no where to go with this.  As much as some lawyers would love to get their hooks into UofA, just no place left to get a toe hold.

Hoghead

Bobby Petrino will get nothing from the UA in this debacle and like it !!!!!!!

DB

It's hard for me to believe that any person who doesn't have a subscription to The National Enquirer is giving any value to the whole boyfriend beating up Petrino deal.

BillyJack™

Quote from: DB on April 16, 2012, 08:15:35 am
It's hard for me to believe that any person who doesn't have a subscription to The National Enquirer is giving any value to the whole boyfriend beating up Petrino deal.
Beating up, how do you think they really ended up off the road?
see if I can start a rumor

Hoghead

BP is somewhere kicking himself in the rear this morning. Multimillion dollar contract lost, wife mad as as heck, and a 25 year old SUGAR MOMMA wondering where her next 20 grand is gonna come from.  Sound like a book deal and a Lifetime Network Movie waiting to happen ! DARN IT BOBBY !!! You horsed us over !

eagle-fan

Quote from: BillyJack™ on April 16, 2012, 12:32:37 pm
Absolutely NO WAY did anything like this happen. The boyfriend did not even know for sure about any 'relationship' and comments to say he is involved, with no valid data, is opening one's self to slander. This FF forum is not a National Enquirer rumor website guys. That situation, if with any merit, would have been brought out immediately by the young lady, knowing the boyfriend's face and car etc.... And do not think Patrino or she would have lied to the State Police officials about something that criminal in nature. Did NOT happen, so quit spreading National Enquirer BS please. FF does not need unfounded comments like that.  >:(

BillyJack™

Quote from: eagle-fan on April 16, 2012, 03:37:45 pm
Quote from: BillyJack™ on April 16, 2012, 12:32:37 pm
Absolutely NO WAY did anything like this happen. The boyfriend did not even know for sure about any 'relationship' and comments to say he is involved, with no valid data, is opening one's self to slander. This FF forum is not a National Enquirer rumor website guys. That situation, if with any merit, would have been brought out immediately by the young lady, knowing the boyfriend's face and car etc.... And do not think Patrino or she would have lied to the State Police officials about something that criminal in nature. Did NOT happen, so quit spreading National Enquirer BS please. FF does not need unfounded comments like that.  >:(
Eagle-Fan, I think you missed the whole point! LOL We were being smart arses and still saying none of it happened nor were any threats made by the BF.

Brian G

BJack is quite the trouble maker.  Ignore his trolling.

BillyJack™

<--- Pours gas on burning kittens and throws salt in open wounds.

fastdrop

It probably was one of the smitten Nutt Huggers that ran him off the road then called 911. Sweet revenge.

OldScrap

Quote from: B.G. on April 14, 2012, 09:56:38 am

Surely not, didn't she disclose all to BP?

Brian G

Quote from: OldScrap on April 16, 2012, 08:08:06 pm
Quote from: B.G. on April 14, 2012, 09:56:38 am

Surely not, didn't she disclose all to BP?
I believe she 'de-clothed'. 

Brian G

Quote from: fastdrop on April 16, 2012, 05:06:54 pm
It probably was one of the smitten Nutt Huggers that ran him off the road then called 911. Sweet revenge.
Next thing you know, we'll hear it was Q.F..   The hussy.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas