• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Auburn point shaving scandal

Started by Romeo, March 08, 2012, 02:09:24 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Romeo

March 08, 2012, 02:09:24 pm Last Edit: March 08, 2012, 03:09:24 pm by Romeo
http://rivals.yahoo.com/ncaa/basketball/news?slug=ys-robinson_auburn_investigation_varez_ward_030812

Allegations involving Auburn guard Varez Ward. One of the games in question was our game with Auburn in February.

Coach Venny Slocombe

Quote from: Romeo on March 08, 2012, 02:09:24 pm
http://rivals.yahoo.com/ncaa/basketball/news?slug=ys-robinson_auburn_investigation_varez_ward_030812

Allegations involving Auburn guard Varez Ward. One of the games in question was our game with Auburn in February.
Auburn in trouble again...imagine that...

Don Quixote

The game in question was at Arkansas, not Auburn.  We can still hang our hats on that road win...

Romeo

Quote from: Don Quixote on March 08, 2012, 03:01:13 pm
The game in question was at Arkansas, not Auburn.  We can still hang our hats on that road win...

Your right. I misread the article. It explains why Ward was suspended for our second game with Auburn though.

Paw-Paw

AirWarren

That place is a crook haven for cheating. Death penalty that place.

Peety

Arkansas probably is too, just better at getting away with it.

Coach Venny Slocombe

Quote from: AW on March 09, 2012, 01:11:47 am
That place is a crook haven for cheating. Death penalty that place.
Or burn the place to the ground...

War Eagle

Why would anyone want to bet on an Auburn basketball game?  That's like betting on Duke football.

Eddie Goodson

We would all be shocked if we totally knew the depths gambling is affecting college sports.

AirWarren

Quote from: Peety on March 09, 2012, 09:47:41 am

Ignorant comment.

Just proving how really dumb AU really is.

War Eagle

Quote from: AW on March 09, 2012, 07:18:56 pm

Ignorant comment.

I wasn't aware that peety was an Auburn supporter

AirWarren

Quote from: War Eagle on March 10, 2012, 04:41:11 am
Quote from: AW on March 09, 2012, 07:18:56 pm

Ignorant comment.

I wasn't aware that peety was an Auburn supporter

He defended. Close enough for me.

War Eagle

I'm not completely sure his statement is wrong

Uncle Ivan

Auburn's corruption has gotten to the point where it's probably best to burn the entire campus down, plow it under, and sow the ground with salt.

SingleWingGuru

Yawn, Auburn cheating?  Is it fall or spring?  Because every season, this comes up. 

Auburn makes SMU look clean, and we've all known that for years.  Don't know why the NCAA loves them so much.  They would have torched the athletic programs at just about any other institution by now.

Eddie Goodson

Quote from: SingleWingGuru on March 11, 2012, 02:30:50 pm
Yawn, Auburn cheating?  Is it fall or spring?  Because every season, this comes up. 

Auburn makes SMU look clean, and we've all known that for years.  Don't know why the NCAA loves them so much.  They would have torched the athletic programs at just about any other institution by now.
Auburn and Alabama have perfected cheating under the current NCAA rules. The only way they will ever be caught is if someone on the inside ever turns on them like happened to SMU.

SingleWingGuru

Quote from: Eddie Goodson on March 11, 2012, 02:48:21 pm

Auburn and Alabama have perfected cheating under the current NCAA rules. The only way they will ever be caught is if someone on the inside ever turns on them like happened to SMU.

I am not convinced that cheating within Alabama Athletics is pervasive.  I think it may be restricted to football, and even then, not to the extent we have seen at Auburn.

It is down right ridiculous.

Mulerider

Quote from: SingleWingGuru on March 11, 2012, 03:03:26 pm
Quote from: Eddie Goodson on March 11, 2012, 02:48:21 pm

I am not convinced that cheating within Alabama Athletics is pervasive.  I think it may be restricted to football, and even then, not to the extent we have seen at Auburn.

It is down right ridiculous.

Every big time program "cheats" or bends the rules or does things that are prohibited or that they shouldn't.  No program is "clean" that competes on the high end BCS level.  The amount of money at stake in these programs trumps everything else.

What I don't understand is why the SEC and other big programs need the NCAA.  What does the NCAA give in return?  Nothing...they simply take money from the big conferences and cause headaches.  The SEC, Texas, ND, Ohio State, Michigan, Florida State, some other select schools along with some Pac 12 schools could break away from the NCAA and make twice as much money with a TV deal and a playoff and never give a look over their shoulder to the NCAA.  Don't know why they don't do it and just get it over with.

the game

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas