• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Arkansas/LSU game

Started by Romeo, February 17, 2012, 10:38:34 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Ridge Rat

I think I'll go with what I've heard from former players like David Bazzell and Quinn Grovey about how much they loved playing in Little Rock. Admittedly all the ones I've heard say this were southern boys or out of staters like those two.

Brian G

You think players are going to publically tell you they like one over the other?

Ridge Rat

Why wouldn't former players? Cause they live and work around Little Rock? Maybe but I'd like to think they are man enough to say how they feel.

Brian G

You've named 'two' former players.  I do agree former players obviously are unencumbered in their replies.  Where is it they live?

Ridge Rat

Beats me. Just hear them on the radio. Guests on 103.7 the buzz.

Ridge Rat

And no I have never heard anyone say they prefer LR to Fayetteville by the way. I've just never heard any of them say they disliked playing at LR.

Brian G

Quote from: Ridge Rat on March 10, 2012, 03:40:58 pm
Beats me. Just hear them on the radio. Guests on 103.7 the buzz.
A LR station.  I'd say that too.

Brian G

Quote from: Ridge Rat on March 10, 2012, 03:45:11 pm
And no I have never heard anyone say they prefer LR to Fayetteville by the way. I've just never heard any of them say they disliked playing at LR.
I do not believe they 'dislike' LR.

mack

Quote from: Ridge Rat on March 10, 2012, 02:34:37 pm
I think I'll go with what I've heard from former players like David Bazzell and Quinn Grovey about how much they loved playing in Little Rock. Admittedly all the ones I've heard say this were southern boys or out of staters like those two.

I've  heard it more than once too, but you know BG has to refute it.

Mulerider

Quote from: Ridge Rat on March 10, 2012, 02:34:37 pm

Problem is when Bazzell and Grovey played Fayetteville's stadium was about as subpar as WMS.  Fayetteville was by no means anything exceptional until the current Reynolds Razorback version.

I think in those days WMS was a better place to play than Fayetteville but today it is no contest.  Fayetteville is big time, WMS not so much.

Uncle Ivan

Quote from: Mulerider on March 11, 2012, 08:05:27 pm
Fayetteville is big time, WMS not so much.

Only in facilities, and even then, WMS is not near as bad as the Convenience Crowd likes to spew.

In atmosphere, it's not even close.  I've seen high school games with a better atmosphere than your average RRS game.  If the program were truly serious about winning a national championship, it'd move both the Alabama and LSU games to Little Rock.  Doing so would greatly increase the chances of winning both games.

mack

Quote from: Uncle Ivan on March 12, 2012, 12:53:38 pm

Only in facilities, and even then, WMS is not near as bad as the Convenience Crowd likes to spew.

In atmosphere, it's not even close.  I've seen high school games with a better atmosphere than your average RRS game.  If the program were truly serious about winning a national championship, it'd move both the Alabama and LSU games to Little Rock.  Doing so would greatly increase the chances of winning both games.

Hard for me to disagree here.  Still, not being able to bring in recruits to games of that magnitude must affect recruiting.

Brian G

Someone ask Ivan the last time he was at a game in DWR. 

Mulerider

Quote from: B.G. on March 12, 2012, 03:51:51 pm

Hey Ivan, when was the last time you were at a game in DWR?

Big Fan

Quote from: Mulerider on March 12, 2012, 04:21:17 pm
Quote from: B.G. on March 12, 2012, 03:51:51 pm

Hey Ivan, when was the last time you were at a game in DWR?
Ivan said 2008 Florida game.  He was on the west side and hollered "Hi" across the field to me on the east side during the 3rd Qtr.  I heard him just fine. 

Baitshop

Quote from: Uncle Ivan on March 12, 2012, 12:53:38 pm

NYJMSU.....

TTofGreenwood

All games should be in DWR.  'Bama moved out of Birmingham and got with the times, it is Arkansas' turn now.   

The only people that enjoy WMS anyway, are Greenwood fans.   ;)

Hoghead

RRS is the better Stadium no doubt. WMS still needs some work in a lot of areas. They dumped a lot of money into that new press box ! But Little Rock should at least try and make it step up to SEC Standards. A upper deck to the east side would be nice. When you come up in the west side of WMS it's like it's 1962 under there. It's as if you can see Johnny Vaught  smoking a Camel non filter. Frank Broyles is complaining about the heat ! LOL !

Mulerider

Quote from: Hoghead on March 13, 2012, 01:39:30 am
RRS is the better Stadium no doubt. WMS still needs some work in a lot of areas. They dumped a lot of money into that new press box ! But Little Rock should at least try and make it step up to SEC Standards. A upper deck to the east side would be nice. When you come up in the west side of WMS it's like it's 1962 under there. It's as if you can see Johnny Vaught  smoking a Camel non filter. Frank Broyles is complaining about the heat ! LOL !

Problem is, if you add to many seats they will not be filled.  Arkansas struggles to fill RR and WMS host mostly horrible teams.  Do people really want to see that much less pay for an upper deck ticket to watch Podunk University get beat by 40 by Arkansas?

Hoghead

Quote from: Mulerider on March 13, 2012, 08:14:14 am
Quote from: Hoghead on March 13, 2012, 01:39:30 am

Problem is, if you add to many seats they will not be filled.  Arkansas struggles to fill RR and WMS host mostly horrible teams.  Do people really want to see that much less pay for an upper deck ticket to watch Podunk University get beat by 40 by Arkansas?
I'd say yes. They do it in Faytteville. SEMO, TROY, UTEP, NMSU,  TENNESSEE TECH= PODUNK UNIVERSITY............  Im just saying.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas