• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Top teams 2015/16

Started by Coachbanks12, March 15, 2015, 09:37:32 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Coachbanks12

Who will be top teams next season girls and boys?

Vteagle

Coach from Vilonia played 10 players all getting a lot of minutes!  They lose 2 good starters.....not sure a top team but coach Goers will have them ready and Vtown won't be an easy win next year!!!

Jock

Quote from: Vteagle on March 16, 2015, 11:58:12 am
Coach from Vilonia played 10 players all getting a lot of minutes!  They lose 2 good starters.....not sure a top team but coach Goers will have them ready and Vtown won't be an easy win next year!!!

boys or girls Vteagle?

vtowneagles

Well considering coach goers is the boys coach in gonna take a wild guess and say boys

Coachbanks12

Hot Springs boys will be back and better than this year so look out for them.
Hot Springs girls will be young but still good I believe they will be back in state tournament they may shock everyone at how good they are

Jock

Quote from: vtowneagles on March 16, 2015, 05:54:41 pm
Well considering coach goers is the boys coach in gonna take a wild guess and say boys

Like everybody on this forum knows who coach "goers" is. Smarta$$.  I'll take a wild guess and say Vilonia will win 0 games next year. Boys and girls.

Burks

March 16, 2015, 09:30:42 pm #6 Last Edit: March 16, 2015, 10:20:45 pm by Burks
Boys
Mills- lost 1 starter
Fair- Jerrick Cole and Nick Jones return
McClellan-Andre Jones return
Jville
PA- Korita returns but may not make State playoffs. Tough conference
Hot Springs
Maumelle- return 3 starters with loaded bench
Forrest City - Glasper top guard

vtowneagles

I'd say coach Riley is known by everyone on this board as the Vilonia girls coach!

Plus that's a very ignorant thing to say that they will not win any games!

Jock

Quote from: vtowneagles on March 16, 2015, 11:31:07 pm
I'd say coach Riley is known by everyone on this board as the Vilonia girls coach!

^^^  belly laughing.  thx for making my day! 

think

Quote from: Burks on March 16, 2015, 09:30:42 pm
Boys
Mills- lost 1 starter
Jville
Hot Springs

That's a good start. I'd add that Mills had a mid term transfer this year that would've started for anyone in the state. They will be very good next year.

Also keep an eye on Valley View. The 2 kids that led them this year are both Jr's.

Marblehog

Quote from: Coachbanks12 on March 16, 2015, 06:58:28 pm
Hot Springs boys will be back and better than this year so look out for them.
Hot Springs girls will be young but still good I believe they will be back in state tournament they may shock everyone at how good they are
If the boys don't win state or at least make it to finals something is wrong.  girls lose a ton but will probably still finish good enough for state.  I can't see the boys losing a conference game

Burks

Who will replace Trey Lennox?

Coachbanks12

Trey Lenox is a Jr he will be there next year bro

Burks

March 20, 2015, 01:42:35 am #13 Last Edit: March 20, 2015, 01:45:55 am by Burks
If Lennox is back that makes Troy one of the frontrunners.

Coachbanks12

Yeah Lenox and the Christon brothers plus Cleo Floyd will all be back next year and look out for this kid Paris Harris. Hot Springs will be better next year.

Burks

With all the talent returning in Class 5A next season, this will be toughest classification in the State. It's not even close!

Easy

Beebe Sr Girls will have three starters back that missed the year with ACL tears. This could be a team to look out for.

Marblehog

3 girls with cal tears?  Just wondering do they do squats?

RetiredBB

Quote from: Burks on March 16, 2015, 09:30:42 pm
Boys
Mills- lost 1 starter
Jville
Hot Springs

Valley View was 25-2 this year and return 4 starters next year.  Alexander Gorton is one of the best guards in the state.  I would look for them in the finals.

WPWells

Because they did so well with all the same players in this year's tournament?

RetiredBB

Quote from: 12th Man CHS on March 24, 2015, 04:31:09 pm

I agree that they laid an egg in there 1 point loss to Fair.  The Central Conference is gonna be hard to beat next year.  Outside of that conference, my sleeper picks are Valley View and Maumelle.  VV has 2 returning All State players and only lose 1 player from last years team.  Maumelle losses 2 and returns a good team.  It's gonna be a fun tournament to watch.

MDXPHD

Quote from: Burks on March 20, 2015, 08:35:10 pm
With all the talent returning in Class 5A next season, this will be toughest classification in the State. It's not even close!

lol

Quote from: 12th Man CHS on March 24, 2015, 04:31:09 pm

This. VV did well because they didn't play anybody. The East was extremely down this year.

hogfan7

Quote from: Easy on March 22, 2015, 05:23:22 pm
Beebe Sr Girls will have three starters back that missed the year with ACL tears. This could be a team to look out for.
I agree.  Beebe has 3 SOLID players out with ACL tears.  That was 40+ points on the bench between the 3 of them.  Plus, I hear they may be getting a couple move in's to add to it.  Looks good for Beebe.

Grond

PARAGOULD, baby! :D

BOYS - Returning top scorer Branden Clifford (who is playing with the Arkansas Wings this summer).  ;D Returning 3 starters, and 3 of 4 top scorers. Also, a good group moving up from Junior high.  ;)

GIRLS - There were only two seniors that saw playing time this past year. For that group to even make the playoffs was stunning. So.....a lot of talented, young ladies got a LOT of playing time. And one heck of a coach...... 8)

Having said all that......there just isn't a lot of height coming down the court in the 5A East. I expect both Paragould teams to make the playoffs next year, but I can't make any promises when it comes to the playoffs.  :-\

hogfan7

Quote from: Grond on April 07, 2015, 10:32:36 pm

BOYS - Returning top scorer Branden Clifford (who is playing with the Arkansas Wings this summer).  ;D Returning 3 starters, and 3 of 4 top scorers. Also, a good group moving up from Junior high.  ;)

GIRLS - There were only two seniors that saw playing time this past year. For that group to even make the playoffs was stunning. So.....a lot of talented, young ladies got a LOT of playing time. And one heck of a coach...... 8)

Having said all that......there just isn't a lot of height coming down the court in the 5A East. I expect both Paragould teams to make the playoffs next year, but I can't make any promises when it comes to the playoffs.  :-\
These teams may be good in the 5A East, but will not even hold a candle to the teams in 5A Central or West.  My opinion.

Coachbanks12

5a central can be beat and the west also. I still think the 5a south is gonna be in the finals. Hot Springs Trojans

hogfan7

Quote from: Coachbanks12 on April 08, 2015, 08:54:41 pm
5a central can be beat and the west also. I still think the 5a south is gonna be in the finals. Hot Springs Trojans
I completely forgot about Hot Springs.  YES, most definitely will be good.

Grond

Quote from: hogfan7 on April 08, 2015, 02:55:38 pm

These teams may be good in the 5A East, but will not even hold a candle to the teams in 5A Central or West.  My opinion.

In 2015, the 5A East may have been a "candle".  :-\ But in 2014 we were a FLAMETHROWER  :o, with Forrest City winning the 5A Boys, and Paragould winning the 5A Girls. We shall see..............

hogfan7

Quote from: Grond on April 10, 2015, 09:02:44 pm

In 2015, the 5A East may have been a "candle".  :-\ But in 2014 we were a FLAMETHROWER  :o, with Forrest City winning the 5A Boys, and Paragould winning the 5A Girls. We shall see..............
Yes, and that was IN THE PAST.  We are talking about 2015-16 season.  Stay on topic.

RedWolf2014

Can't say they(5A East) were just "down". 25-2 is still extremely difficult to do. They lost a 1 point game. They didn't get blown out and have most their kids coming back with a few solid 9th graders moving up. I at least have them making the semi finals but both Gorton and Horn can help lead the Blazers further than this past year. Especially for a team that didn't get out of District while they were in 4A starting both of those kids. Just another opinion of mine.

hs_sports_lvr

Quote from: hogfan7 on April 13, 2015, 08:54:36 am
Quote from: Grond on April 10, 2015, 09:02:44 pm

Yes, and that was IN THE PAST.  We are talking about 2015-16 season.  Stay on topic.

isn't the past all anyone is going on when making predictions???

godeep

FC lost their Coach last year to illness   they will be  much more  focused next year. When he returns.

Bondfan4ever

I'm curious about these move ins for Beebe.  Where are/did they move from?  I have not heard about any talented move ins for girls basketball.

hogfan7

Quote from: Bondfan4ever on April 25, 2015, 06:39:27 pm
I'm curious about these move ins for Beebe.  Where are/did they move from?  I have not heard about any talented move ins for girls basketball.
They got one girl who moved in from GCT last year, tore her ACL and has been out.  She will be back. 
The other 2 are coming from AAU teams from what I gather.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas