• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

5A West Boys Final Top 4

Started by HockeySticks, February 17, 2015, 02:11:29 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

HockeySticks

It is too quiet around here! We need some good clean fun! Tell us your Boys 5A West Fianl top 4.
1. Maumelle
2. Vilonia
3. Morrilton
4. Harrison

Go Postal

This is a good question.  I really don't have a clue.  So I can't even number them yet.  Seems that anything can happen in each game.  No team can afford to lose any game.  It might come down to the wire once again on how many wins and point diff.  I underlined the teams that are not at this moment in the top 4.

Maumelle (7-3) lost to Farmington, Vilonia and Morrilton.  LRCA game pending.

Morrilton (7-3) lost to Maumelle, Vilonia and Greenbrier.  Harrison game pending.

Vilonia (7-4) lost to Harrison, Maumelle, LRCA and ClarksvilleWon tonight by 1pt against Greenbrier.

Harrison (6-4) lost to Morrilton, Clarksville, Maumelle and Vilonia.  Morrilton game pending.

I also heard tonight that Greenbrier Lady Panthers won against #1 Vilonia Lady Eagles.

Wow, heck of a conference.

Go Postal

It will be Very Interesting if Harrison and LRCA wins in their pending games.  7-4 across the board for the top 4 teams at this moment.

HockeySticks

Yeal all 4-games are very important! Will come down to the last week I'm sure too! Let's hope the weather doesn't play a factor!

HockeySticks

You know Postal, this ole board not the same. I used to be just a reader all the time. I enjoyed the days of arguing, debating! The likes of Hacker Hog, Steve Perry, RJ Rose, and many more. Course Elvis still hanging out but man back in the day you start a topic like this  and man 6-pages here we come. Exit of Alma, had to affect that too. Oh well. Still enjoy reading and makeing a few perdictions.

sevenof400

There is really an absence of mystery this year in terms of who the playoff teams will be from the west for both the boys and the girls as four teams in each have pulled away from the pack.  Seeding (of course) is still to be determined.

sevenof400

Quote from: Go Postal on February 17, 2015, 09:48:36 pm
It will be Very Interesting if Harrison and LRCA wins in their pending games.  7-4 across the board for the top 4 teams at this moment.

Which would make for an interesting finish - to say the least....

HockeySticks

I'd say they better wath out for Clarksville! Hottest Team in the Conference of late and right on the heals of Harrison. They play next Tuesday at Harrison which might be for the 4th spot!!!!!!!

Ponca

Harrison vs Clarksville is key game in determining 5A West final playoff spot. A Harrison Win in that game sets the magic number to 1 for the goblins. They would only need another win (GB, @MAU) a Clarksville loss (MAU, GB) or a Greenbrier loss (@HRO, MAU, @CLRKS)

Don't count out Greenbrier. They could win out & slip in

HockeySticks

You are right Greenbrier still has a chance. I'd say Harrison should have the advantage playing both Clarksville and Greenbrier at home the next 2-games. Let the fun begin.

Ponca

February 19, 2015, 03:58:54 pm #10 Last Edit: February 19, 2015, 04:24:43 pm by Ponca
Maumelle is team to watch. I expect them to thump LRCA. But if they continue their slump, they could very easily lose last 3 (@CLRKS, @GB, HRO).  Clarksville wins out and Harrison beats Greenbrier. Then you have 3-way tie for 3rd at 8-6. Or Vilonia loses to Morrilton & @Farmington. You have a 4-way tie for 2nd at 8-6

(this is meant only as an effort to blow GoPostal's mind and for him to get his protractor out and do some more analysis)

Chief_Osceola™

I think the big thing that helps Maumelle is the point differential. Blowing out everyone in the first half of conference play really helped. I think a win tonight assured them a playoff spot, but I'd like them to go ahead and win out to get the 1 seed.

Harrison v. Clarksville are the 2 teams to pay attention to. Clarksville's only chance is to go 2-1 with a win at Harrison. Even if they manage to do that, they'd need help from either Greenbrier or Maumelle. Maumelle is the more likely of the 2 to beat Harrison, but it's certainly not a given the way the Hornets have played the past 2 weeks.

Go Postal

What really gets me is that Greenbrier lost to Vilonia by 1 point in their last meeting.  Clarksville beat Harrison and Vilonia in their last meeting.  Harrison is starting to get behind the 8-ball and maybe Clarksville or Greenbrier are holding the cue.  Wins at this point is a must, but points differential is what can determine what happens.

For instance, if you take wins for seeding at the moment (with the Maumelle/LRCA game still pending), you get...
Morrilton 8-3
Vilonia 7-4
Maumelle 7-3
Harrison 6-5
Clarksville 5-6
Greenbrier 4-7
LRCA 3-7
Farmington 3-8

If you take Points Differential (Maumelle/LRCA still pending) leaders in order...
Maumelle 68
Morrilton 55
Harrison 40
Greenbrier 35
Vilonia 32
Clarksville 19
LRCA 17
Farmington 13

This is one competitive conference.  This is one reason that I love this conference.  Every game matters.  This is a good reason why Basketball and Soccer go two rounds and Baseball has doubleheaders in conference play.  Now if Football could go to two rounds in conference play, WoW!

@Ponca, mind blown, thanks. 

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas