• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Maumelle????

Started by hotspringshog, February 07, 2015, 07:26:46 am

Previous topic - Next topic

hotspringshog

So the Maumelle coach brings most of his team to Hot Springs last Tuesday to watch the Trojans blow out White Hall.  He sits front row and takes notes the entire game.  I'm wondering why would he be doing this since he still many conference games to go.

Shouldn't he be scouting the next team he plays in conference?  How does he even know that he will see Hot Springs in the state tourney.

Needless to say Maumelle losses last night to Farmington. 

hotspringshog

So the Maumelle coach brings most of his team to Hot Springs last Tuesday to watch the Trojans blow out White Hall.  He sits front row and takes notes the entire game.  I'm wondering why would he be doing this since he still has many conference games to go.

Shouldn't he be scouting the next team he plays in conference?  How does he even know that he will see Hot Springs in the state tourney.

Needless to say Maumelle losses last night to Farmington. 

mijally

Maybe he thinks he'll be a 4 seed and face Hot Springs in the first round

mijally

I would be willing to bet anything that watching a game on Tuesday in Hot Springs had absolutely nothing to do with his team blowing a 16 point lead on Friday in Farmington. Obviously the team let it get away from them at the end. They will be better because of this. Start playing a little less AAU ball and trying to throw alley oops off the backboard and get back to the relentless defense and they'll be fine.

hotspringshog

May not have anything to do with it but it sure seems to send the wrong message to your team.

Why would he think he would be a 4 seed when right now I think they are winning their conference?

Seems like he should have been scouting Farmington....

mijally

None of the west teams were playing Tuesday. The only other team we could face are South teams in the first round of state if you make it. He got to see 2 potential opponents on an off night. Makes perfect sense. He has film and a game against Farmington already and that is who you prepare for during practice.

AT

Quote from: hotspringshog on February 07, 2015, 01:53:01 pm
May not have anything to do with it but it sure seems to send the wrong message to your team.

Why would he think he would be a 4 seed when right now I think they are winning their conference?

Sounds to me like he was a smart coach scouting a possible future opponent on a night when no one in his conference was playing.

hotspringshog

Quote from: Almatrackster on February 07, 2015, 02:22:06 pm

Sounds to me like he was a smart coach scouting a possible future opponent on a night when no one in his conference was playing.

We can agree to disagree.....Good luck to u guys the rest of the way

ltb759

Nothing further your honor.

Chief_Osceola™

Quote from: Almatrackster on February 07, 2015, 02:22:06 pm

Coach Shook got to scout not one, but 2 playoff opponents.

Marblehog

Guess it worked in the long run

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas