• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Hope & Alma (great season).......Morrilton & Batesville (congratulations)

Started by 4thandgoal, November 30, 2013, 12:38:48 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

4thandgoal

Hope's 2nd half defense was notorious. That's the type of D they have played all year. Alma, you did a wonderful job, but also fell short. Morrilton, you should be glad that time ran out, but you won.

Batesvile, you guys are very disciplined and my pick to get the rings. In short, I like the QB from Morrilton, he's a one man show and very talented, but can be stopped as seen in the 2nd half of the Bobcat game.

May the championship game be injury free.

Hoghead

Congrats to the Winners !!!  The Top 4 teams in 5A were the best in the State. Saturday there will only 1 winner and 1 Champion. Congrats to whoever that will be. It has been a great season in 5A Football !!!  Go Batesviile, Go Morrilton !!!!!!

4thandgoal

Quote from: Hoghead on November 30, 2013, 04:06:35 pm
Congrats to the Winners !!!  The Top 4 teams in 5A were the best in the State. Saturday there will only 1 winner and 1 Champion. Congrats to whoever that will be. It has been a great season in 5A Football !!!  Go Batesviile, Go Morrilton !!!!!!

Your Bobcats were super this year. It's a team that will be remembered in Bobcat history and never forgotten. You all are losing a lot of key seniors. Not sure how that can be made up for another great season in 2014. Looking forward to the coaches to make it up.

Hoghead

Quote from: 4thandgoal on November 30, 2013, 07:30:58 pm

Your Bobcats were super this year. It's a team that will be remembered in Bobcat history and never forgotten. You all are losing a lot of key seniors. Not sure how that can be made up for another great season in 2014. Looking forward to the coaches to make it up.
Yes, but we have a lot of Sophmores and Juniors coming back. Im not so sure how savy they'll be as this bunch was. But I know they want to be just as good. We suited out some 9th Graders last night. I won't be surprised if Hope is in the thick of 5A South Play again next year. Those Srs. can hold their heads high. This Morrilton game was a slooberknocker !!!

wing

Quote from: Hoghead on December 01, 2013, 02:57:16 am
Quote from: 4thandgoal on November 30, 2013, 07:30:58 pm

Yes, but we have a lot of Sophmores and Juniors coming back. Im not so sure how savy they'll be as this bunch was. But I know they want to be just as good. We suited out some 9th Graders last night. I won't be surprised if Hope is in the thick of 5A South Play again next year. Those Srs. can hold their heads high. This Morrilton game was a slooberknocker !!!

They will be. Probably same 4 (WC, WH, Hope & CF). Magnolia will be back sooner or later. CF loses a lot of talent on defense and "all everything" #5.  Could be another fun year.

Hoghead

^^^^ Yep, DeQueen won't move up in this conference. I know they want to go back to 4A bad ! Hot Springs has some talent, but they just can't seem to put it togather. HSLS might have a push, but I doubt it. Magnolia will be improved, but not ready for a playoff spot. So it will be, WC, WH, CF & Hope fighting it out again.

Plus Hope has the "BIG QB" stepping up next year. Im sure #8 Caple will get some snaps as a Sr. at QB. But his skill will be needed at WR as well. #5 Love will be the scat back.
The question is will Corey Haynes come back as a RB ? Hope should have decent O-Line play next year. The Defense will have to shore up some big holes. Bobcat Football will be good again next year. Thanks for Great 2013 !!!

wing

Quote from: Hoghead on December 03, 2013, 09:19:45 am
^^^^ Yep, DeQueen won't move up in this conference. I know they want to go back to 4A bad ! Hot Springs has some talent, but they just can't seem to put it togather. HSLS might have a push, but I doubt it. Magnolia will be improved, but not ready for a playoff spot. So it will be, WC, WH, CF & Hope fighting it out again.

Plus Hope has the "BIG QB" stepping up next year. Im sure #8 Caple will get some snaps as a Sr. at QB. But his skill will be needed at WR as well. #5 Love will be the scat back.
The question is will Corey Haynes come back as a RB ? Hope should have decent O-Line play next year. The Defense will have to shore up some big holes. Bobcat Football will be good again next year. Thanks for Great 2013 !!!

It will be interesting to see how the 5A south plays out again. CF is losing a bunch, but they lost a bunch last year as well. I had them before the season started at 7-3 or 8-2 regular season so they did better than I expected. Replacing a QB that was 24-2 as a starter will be a challenge.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas