• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

JC Dragon Basketball

Started by bleudog, January 06, 2009, 07:27:46 am

Previous topic - Next topic

bleudog

CLICK HERE for 1/5/09 Hampton at JC game article.

bleudog

CLICK HERE for article on JC-Strong game of 1/6/09 (also includes some other area scores).

bleudog

Dragon I

Haven't talked to ya Bleudog since the Big Game in LR.  Hows it goin?  If you haven't got a chance to watch the Dragons BBall team this year you should try to make a game.  They still look like a good football team at times.  LOL!  I think that once they get rolling into district tourney and finally get into BBall shape they are going to be a solid squad.  I watched them play Hampton, and at times it looked like they were going to put the game away, but sometimes it looked like they were trying to figure out which sport they were playing.  The DG had them ranked #1 today, but I think that is a little high for right now.  They were the only team in the top 6 that has played less than 15 games, and most have played 20+.  JC has only played 8 so you can bet they still have a lot of improving to do compared to everyone else.

bleudog

January 12, 2009, 09:48:42 am #4 Last Edit: January 12, 2009, 09:52:43 am by bleudog
Quote from: Dragon I on January 11, 2009, 10:17:29 pm
Haven't talked to ya Bleudog since the Big Game in LR.  Hows it goin?  If you haven't got a chance to watch the Dragons BBall team this year you should try to make a game.  They still look like a good football team at times.  LOL!  I think that once they get rolling into district tourney and finally get into BBall shape they are going to be a solid squad.  I watched them play Hampton, and at times it looked like they were going to put the game away, but sometimes it looked like they were trying to figure out which sport they were playing.  The DG had them ranked #1 today, but I think that is a little high for right now.  They were the only team in the top 6 that has played less than 15 games, and most have played 20+.  JC has only played 8 so you can bet they still have a lot of improving to do compared to everyone else.

Thanks for the heads up on the ADG list.  Went and looked and found a link for anybody else who'd like to see:

CLICK HERE

They may be worthy of a #1, but let's take a closer look when the Dragons have played 12-15 games. Aren't the two private schools in the list new to 2A?  AL must be playing up alot to be ranked 3rd with 7 losses.

You know the problem with Arkansas basketball is the big difference in playing styles in different areas of the state.  A team that dominates in a conference or area that plays a slow, fundamental game may not fare very well in an area that plays a fast-paced, physical game.  Records and rankings can be thrown out the window. The question can come down to what kind of game are the refs used to seeing.

Is Meecio a senior this year?

bleudog

January 13, 2009, 07:30:15 am #5 Last Edit: January 13, 2009, 07:31:46 am by bleudog
From the El Dorado News Times:

HERMITAGE -
   .........Junction City's senior boys cruised to a 73-41 victory. Shumeecio Lark led the Dragons (8-1, 3-0) with 16 points. Chris Flowers scored 15 with seven rebounds and Rodney Larry scored 10. Alan Turner contributed eight points and six rebounds. J.D. Carter scored eight with Josh Allen recording five rebounds, four blocks and four steals. Ten players scored for the Dragons............
   â€¢Junction City basketball hosts Stephens, beginning at 5 p.m.

dragon

anyone have a schedule of JC?

Dragon I

Yep, this is Meccio's last year.  I think that after JC plays 15 or 16 games, they MIGHT be a top 6 team.  Right now, I think that ranking is a little high.  It's not that I don't think they have the potential, but they clearly are not yet in basketball shape.  This is still only the 4th week they have been practicing basketball.

bleudog

CLICK HERE for write up on 1/13 JC-Stephens game.

bleudog

Pretty good week for the Dragons.

CLICK HERE for summary of Friday's game against Smackover.

Dragon#40

Quote from: dragon on January 13, 2009, 08:28:16 am

http://66.204.157.22/uploads/pdf/Junction%20City%20Basketball%20Schedule%202008-2009(2).pdf

bleudog

Quote from: Dragon#40 on January 20, 2009, 11:21:48 pm
Quote from: dragon on January 13, 2009, 08:28:16 am

http://66.204.157.22/uploads/pdf/Junction%20City%20Basketball%20Schedule%202008-2009(2).pdf

+1.  Do you have a baseball schedule yet?

Here's the write up on last night's game with Bearden:

Junction City 79, Bearden 34    JUNCTION CITY - The Dragons rolled past visiting Bearden Tuesday. The Bears trailed 24-7 at the end of the first quarter and never managed to crawl back in the game as they lost by 45.
   Shumeecio Lark had 21 points for Junction City (13-1, 9-0). Josh Allen scored 13 with four assists, and Rodney Larry added 12 points. Alan Turner grabbed 10 rebounds.
   For Bearden, Rickey Brown scored 10 points. Steedmon Thrower added eight while Davidell Collins finished with six.

CLICK HERE for link with other area scores.

dragon

bleudog

January 22, 2009, 11:50:13 am #13 Last Edit: January 22, 2009, 01:49:21 pm by bleudog
Quote from: dragon on January 22, 2009, 10:08:33 am
When does dual state start?

According the the schedule D#40 was so kind to post:

Jan 26-31

I have heard there are still some games they'd like to fill and if they don't get the teams they may start the tournament later in the week.

AA Insider

bleudog

From the El Dorado News Times:

Junction City 57, Dermott 49    

DERMOTT - Shumeecio Lark scored 24 points, as the Dragons (14-1, 9-0) came away with a big win in 2A-7 East play.
   J.D. Carter and Rodney Larry were in double figures with 13 and 11 points respectively, while Josh Allen chipped in with eight points and 10 rebounds.

bleudog

January 23, 2009, 08:22:45 am #16 Last Edit: January 23, 2009, 08:24:21 am by bleudog
Quote from: AA Insider on January 23, 2009, 01:26:07 am
What teams are in it?

Tried to catch the teams on the radio ad.  Believe they said:  Junction City, Summerfield (LA), Haynesville (LA), Fordyce, Hermitage and Strong.  Even with both a boys and girls tournament, I'm sure they'd like to have twice as many teams.

IBM

What has happened to Dual State?!?  They used to have to turn teams away and now they can't more than 6 to 8 teams to play?

bleudog

CLICK HERE for Sunday News article about the Dual State Tournament.

BOYS BRACKET

GIRLS BRACKET

dragon

What was the score of saturday's game?

bleudog

Quote from: dragon on January 26, 2009, 06:38:43 am
What was the score of saturday's game?

Can't find how that Bearden game came out but wanted to remind folks the OK State vs. OK game is on ESPN tonight at 8:00.

Dragon#40

bleudog

January 28, 2009, 08:21:31 am #22 Last Edit: January 28, 2009, 11:45:54 am by bleudog
El Dorado News Times photo from the Hampton game:  CLICK HERE

Game article:  CLICK HERE

bleudog

2/2/09

Smackover - 43
Junction City - 75

bleudog

2/3/09

Junction City - 74 (19-2, 13-1)
Hermitage - 53

bleudog

Pick_DA_EAGLES

looks like the coach qiuting really is going to be hard for them to over come. hate that for the players.
being from d.a. i still havent figured out why he did that can someone elaborate on that please.

bleudog

Dragons reach the 20 win mark.

CLICK HERE

Happy birthday Meecio.

bleudog

February 11, 2009, 07:40:09 am #28 Last Edit: February 13, 2009, 07:33:45 am by bleudog
JC gets a 64 to 44 win over Woodlawn and goes to 21-3 and 15-2.  Rodney Larry had 21 points.

Oklahoma Sate drops a game 99-74 to Texas, but James Anderson scores 35.

56 points for the family last night. ;D

With Hampton's 64-50 win over Strong, Hampton claims at least a share of the conference title (21-4, 15-2).

JC takes on Stephens (at Stephens) - Friday the 13th to finalize the #1-#2 conference tournament seeds.

District tournament is in Hermitage on the 16th-21st.

bleudog

CLICK HERE for El Dorado News Times article about possible seeding for the district tournament.

bleudog

The Dragons fall to Stephens in OT.  Finish the regular season as district runner-up with a #2 seed for the 2A-7 East tournament.

CLICK HERE

bleudog

Oklahoma St. 86, Iowa St. 67

FG      3Pt      FT    PF   Pts 
  James Anderson 8-18    5-12    6-8    1    27 

bleudog

Oklahoma St. 47,   Texas Tech 32 

at the half.

JA has 10.

Game's on ESPN2

The Wolf

Texas Tech is an embarrassment this year.

bleudog

Quote from: bleudog on February 18, 2009, 09:37:12 pm

Oklahoma St. 47,   Texas Tech 32 

at the half.

JA has 10.

Game's on ESPN2

Oklahoma St. 92, Texas Tech 82

Final

FG      3Pt     FT    PF   Pts 
  James Anderson 6-16    3-9    9-12   3    24 

bleudog

Baylor 74
Oklahoma St. 84

Final

FG      3Pt       FT   PF  Pts 
  James Anderson  6-12    1-3     7-7   2   20

Fan_23

What happened with coach Allen?

bleudog

Dragon_Slayer

Quote from: Fan_23 on February 21, 2009, 11:37:14 pm
What happened with coach Allen?

I'll tell you , sugar. JC has found yet another way to blow a chance at a state title. They have mastered the art in football and now it seems they have succeeded in basketball. Someone succeeded in running off what appeared to be a very compotent coach of what was then the # 1 team in 2A ball. He had them stroking on all cylinders at the time. Since this debacle, they have stumbled and may not be able to regain their form  in the playoffs.
Why in the world, except for a moral or criminal situation,(and I don't believe that was the case) would you be so stupid to start this distraction in the middle of the season. Anything that was done or not done in this case, could have been handled after the season was over.   :-\

Dragon_Slayer

February 24, 2009, 02:20:43 am #39 Last Edit: February 24, 2009, 02:24:44 am by Dragon_Slayer
Go Beavers!

bleudog

bleudog

1    2      Total   
Oklahoma St.  43  33       76  Final 
Colorado         31  24       55 

FG    3Pt  FT  Reb Ast Stl Blk PF Pts 
  J. Anderson    9-16 6-8 6-7  10    2    1   1  3   30 

Wilson

Ok....the end of the Newstimes article just kinda freaked me out......lol......not sure if there was a problem with the Newstimes site....or what....but man.....Maybe it was my computer.....lol....

bleudog

Quote from: Wilson on February 26, 2009, 10:15:42 pm
Ok....the end of the Newstimes article just kinda freaked me out......lol......not sure if there was a problem with the Newstimes site....or what....but man.....Maybe it was my computer.....lol....

Man that did take Dragon I's decoder ring. 

I read it straight from the paper and didn't realize the job they did in transferring it to the site. 

Hope they don't consider my straightening that gibberish out a copyright violation. ;D

......It also makes him fodder for some of the rowdiest fans for visiting players.

"People in the crowds will go look up information about you.  Anything you did bad, they throw it out at you during the game.  They holler at you the whole time," said Anderson of the Big 12 fans.  "Some of my teammates have done stuff in the past so they'll have a lot on them.  But, the funniest thing I heard last year, there was this one dude from Baylor.  He was talking about everybody on our team.  He got to me and he said, 'uh, uh.' He didn't have nothing to say so he started stuttering, 'uh, uh big ears.'  that's all he had to say and I thought that was funny.

Opposing fans could have two more years to try and dig up some dirt on Anderson, who said he hasn't given much thought to the NBA and is focusing on Oklahoma State, right now.  As he continues to work on his complete game, Anderson's coach believes his star is on the right track to the next level.

"I think if he continues the improvement he's shown, one day I think James could be a lottery pick," said Ford.  "He's shown that much improvement.  He's that coachable.  I think the sky is the limit for him.  If he continues to improve like he has, I think James could eventually be a lottery pick."

mamadragon

Wow you are right slayer......  I mean the coach resigned RESIGNED not fired came in on Monday and quit. Gosh they should have begged him to stay, right. Would'nt you want a guy that tried to quit on his kids, i believe most coaches number 1 rule to their players is don't quit, to lead them. There is a term that refers to the gluteus maximus and it's lack of intelligence. Sounds like we've found a new name for you.

Dragon_Slayer

February 27, 2009, 06:33:53 am #45 Last Edit: February 27, 2009, 06:39:23 am by Dragon_Slayer
Quote from: mamadragon on February 27, 2009, 05:53:53 am
Wow you are right slayer......  I mean the coach resigned RESIGNED not fired came in on Monday and quit. Gosh they should have begged him to stay, right. Would'nt you want a guy that tried to quit on his kids, i believe most coaches number 1 rule to their players is don't quit, to lead them. There is a term that refers to the gluteus maximus and it's lack of intelligence. Sounds like we've found a new name for you.

For yo' information, Sugar, I never said he was fired. The honest fact is that something happened and he is no longer the coach of a state title contending team. That just strikes me as odd (kinda like you). Everyone else may think that's normal and  want to keep their head in the sand  saying it was all Allen. That's thier right. Just like I have a right to disagree.

I've been called by that name many times, Sugar!  It's by no means a new name. All the hunks call me that, but they usually add the word

SWEET! :-* :-* :-* :-*

mamadragon

Hey DG (Dumb Gluteus), someone running him off right. Your quote. He ran himself off. Go kiss your beavers.  We at JC accept and love your hate.  Nobody hates the beavers. Who are the beavers my point.  Bye DG
BTW after reading many of your posts i figured you had acquired this moniker many many moons ago. And you have done nothing to alter my earlier hypothesis.

Dragon_Slayer

Quote from: mamadragon on February 27, 2009, 04:31:07 pm
Hey DG (Dumb Gluteus), someone running him off right. Your quote. He ran himself off. Go kiss your beavers.  We at JC accept and love your hate.  Nobody hates the beavers. Who are the beavers my point.  Bye DG
BTW after reading many of your posts i figured you had acquired this moniker many many moons ago. And you have done nothing to alter my earlier hypothesis.

I am so glad you know all those big words, Sugar. What is more impressive is that you can even use them in a sentence. That disproves two commonly held beliefs: 1) a JC education is about as useless as dental floss at a Razorback football game  2) there is no such thing as an educated moron.  ;)

mamadragon

WOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Your viperous attacks have no effect on us.  Our myriad of trophies act as a barrier for your spurilous attempts to belittle the accomplishments of our poor yet successful town. For a cheap sum we will allow you to gaze at our PLETHORA of "bling".  Maybe one day you will get some bling of your own and you will not have to spend your waking hours hoping, praying, wishing for Junction City losses.  Sleep well DG.

bleudog

:o

Cat fight

8)

Hey Wilson, you taking any bets ???

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas