• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Girls Riverside @ Brookland 11-13-14

Started by NEA Razorback olfan, November 09, 2014, 11:00:17 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

NEA Razorback olfan

chickasaw fan

From what I seen Brookland should be ok in this one. Riverside struggled with armorel the other night in the 1st half. Riverside put them away in the 2nd, but they are really young. If Brookland gets hot  from behind the arc it will be a long game.

BoxNOne

If Brookland is really a 4A state championship contender, this should be a 30 point game. I think Riverside will improve by the end of the season but probably not ready for a team the caliber of Brookland.

NEA Razorback olfan

We will see, I hear some of our girls are in the gym a little after 6 every morning shooting before 1st class, and drag out of the gym sometimes around 9 at night , so I would say they are pretty serious about trying to be a contender this year.

BoxNOne

Olfan, I definitely think Brookland is a 4A contender. I haven't seen them in state recently but I have heard their problems at that level are usually a lack of size. 4A teams at state are usually gonna have quality size. I will be pulling for the Lady Bearkatz to make a deep run and believe they can.

WPWells

Olfan, it seems like Brookland is competitive in every sport besides football (for now). What's the secret?

NEA Razorback olfan

November 10, 2014, 12:17:10 pm #6 Last Edit: November 10, 2014, 02:26:21 pm by NEA Razorback olfan
Quote from: 12th Man CHS on November 10, 2014, 11:15:47 am
Olfan, it seems like Brookland is competitive in every sport besides football (for now). What's the secret?

Brookland has only had football the last 5 years ,just started pee wee program for football.  I believe your most successful programs start at the Elementery and middle school level , learning the fundamentals. We have solid coaches at this level doing a great job plus we have some good athletes that are not afraid to work and play extremely hard. Watched our 4th,5th and 6th girls the other night and we have a lot of talent coming up, 5th grade Beaner Hoffman , best Point guard I've seen at her age , 6th girls have 5 girls around 5'8 , 7th girls good athletic group , LaCasia Daniels 5'10, and Lottie Hoffman point guard both moved  to Jr girls team. Jr Girls not much size but loaded with freshman guards Ally Loflin, Whitney Wagner, Hannah Lovrein, and Hayden Cain IMO will move up after Jr season and help our Sr high.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas