• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

High school kids and tattoos?????

Started by magabball, January 13, 2017, 07:26:06 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

magabball

January 13, 2017, 07:26:06 pm Last Edit: January 13, 2017, 07:27:50 pm by magabball
Does anyone else have an issue with the tattoos on all these high school kids? I believe it was a norfork girl at the nac tourney last week that had a huge gawdy forearm tattoo and she even started. I cant believe her coach would allow that. Call me old fashioned but i think its tacky.

HorseFeathers

January 13, 2017, 09:09:32 pm #1 Last Edit: January 13, 2017, 09:13:26 pm by HorseFeathers
The post for Nemo Vista girls has a tat....Win or sit a 3x state champ cause she got a little ink...Yeah I think coach  made a good call

BigLion10

Nope it's a new era thing better get used to it cause more and more have them noe. Not trying to be rude just telling the truth

0415ars

Well..... Here is a little background on "that girl"
A 4.1 gpa
Tied for number 1 in her class
Going to U of A in the fall
An awesome ball player and team leader.
And just a great person
So the answer to your question is No!!!!! Tattoos do not make a person. Im gonna go out on a limb and say someomes upset from the butt whoopin their team got at the hands of the Lady Panthers

AngieParnell

First of all....If your going to call out a high school student for having a tattoo and act like she has the plague or something, at least have the nerve to post with your name instead of hiding behind a user id. The girl your speaking of couldn't be a better person if she tried!! She is one heck of a ball player and an even better student. A little ink NEVER hurt anyone and certainly doesn't make a or break a person. This is the 2000's, a tattoo isn't a bad sign of someone's character the way it was in the past. I think its time for you to grow up and maybe stop trying to put negative attention on a team that is blowing everyone else out of the water in senior girls basketball this year!!!

BannerMountainMan

Quote from: AngieParnell on January 13, 2017, 10:52:35 pm
First of all....If your going to call out a high school student for having a tattoo and act like she has the plague or something, at least have the nerve to post with your name instead of hiding behind a user id. The girl your speaking of couldn't be a better person if she tried!! She is one heck of a ball player and an even better student. A little ink NEVER hurt anyone and certainly doesn't make a or break a person. This is the 2000's, a tattoo isn't a bad sign of someone's character the way it was in the past. I think its time for you to grow up and maybe stop trying to put negative attention on a team that is blowing everyone else out of the water in senior girls basketball this year!!!
why make an account just to post this one time and make the username your name to bad mouth him for not having his real name, not worth the time and sweat for this website for one and done users.

LHHC

Hope it doesn't cost her a good job in the future

0415ars

My son's Dr. has tattoos everywhere!!! My friend is a Nurse Practitioner with tattoos. Teachers have tattoos, project managers for companies and i could go on and on! Nothing she  cant use makeup to cover up. But i dont even see people in professional positions doing that anymore!!

BannerMountainMan

Maybe the reason this generation coming is so bad is because adults are allowing these things and saying "oh it's okay", have you ever thought of that.

0415ars

January 13, 2017, 11:51:38 pm #9 Last Edit: January 13, 2017, 11:54:07 pm by 0415ars
Lol this girl that is being talked about is a 4.1 gpa, enrolled in college classes in high achool, & has excelled in everything she does! She is a role model that girls look up to! She is going to U of A and will be anything she chooses to be because thats who she is. Shes not someball player with a tattoo. The generation you are speaking of has exceptions to the rule. Whats wrong with this generation is we are a "everyone deserves a trophy" society, a what  can i get by by doing little to nothing, & a lets make a safe space where your feelers dont get hurt! Thats whats wrong with todays kids. It sure as heck aint tattoos. People should be talking about what a great team these girls are and not what may or may not be on their bodies.

HorseFeathers

Quote from: BannerMountainMan on January 13, 2017, 11:42:01 pm
Maybe the reason this generation coming is so bad is because adults are allowing these things and saying "oh it's okay", have you ever thought of that.

This generation coming up is so "bad" because they're parents don't want to be parents...They want to be friends and act like their little angels would never do anything wrong.

0415ars

Parents are exactly whats wrong with kids today! I cant speak for other teams or kids. But i can speak for this group of Norfork Girls. They are disciplined and all come from old school parents that hold them accountable! All of them work in the summer. Every single kid on that team is Sr Beta with 2 carrying over 4.0 GPA's. I think you would be hard-pressed to find that on very many teams!

sevenof400

Quote from: AngieParnell on January 13, 2017, 10:52:35 pm.. This is the 2000's, a tattoo isn't a bad sign of someone's character the way it was in the past.

Your memory of the past needs some reviewing.

Quote from: 0415ars on January 13, 2017, 11:27:08 pm
My son's Dr. has tattoos everywhere!!! My friend is a Nurse Practitioner with tattoos. Teachers have tattoos, project managers for companies and i could go on and on! Nothing she  cant use makeup to cover up. But i dont even see people in professional positions doing that anymore!!

You need to get out more. 

The problem with tattoos has been (and always will be) they provide the first impression others will receive about the person wearing them.  If you choose that route, you're leaving a lot to chance.

BigLion10

And their lies the problem some people think you are satan himself if they see you with a tattoo even without knowing them or getting to know them. People need to wake up and realize just because you have a tattoo doesn't mean you are satanic or gothic or a murderer

0415ars

January 14, 2017, 10:54:24 am #14 Last Edit: January 14, 2017, 11:11:42 am by 0415ars
Maybe she will address the lack of intelligence with some of todays society in her Valedictorian Speech. Or she can ask Dr. Rheinland how he got a Doctorate in Pediatric Medicine and a job at a prestigious medical facility with 2 sleeves and a man-bun!!! Come on!! Yes, if her face was tattooed or something then maybe lol! But jeez people! These are not a big deal anymore!!!!! Even schools are not making teachers cover them Anymore!!!

sevenof400

Quote from: 0415ars on January 14, 2017, 10:54:24 am
Maybe she will address the lack of intelligence with some of todays society in her Valedictorian Speech. Or she can ask Dr. Rheinland how he got a Doctorate in Pediatric Medicine and a job at a prestigious medical facility with 2 sleeves and a man-bun!!! Come on!! Yes, if her face was tattooed or something then maybe lol! But jeez people! These are not a big deal anymore!!!!! Even schools are not making teachers cover them Anymore!!!

Wrong.

sevenof400

Quote from: BigLion10 on January 14, 2017, 10:53:00 am
And their lies the problem some people think you are satan himself if they see you with a tattoo even without knowing them or getting to know them. People need to wake up and realize just because you have a tattoo doesn't mean you are satanic or gothic or a murderer

Then why risk it if an impression matters? 

BigLion10

I could care less what other people think of me. Everyone is quick to judge other people but they need to check the mirrors first no one's perfect we all have flaws

HorseFeathers

Eh....First impressions are a lot of times the difference between a job or not...Especially if you are the first folks the customers see.

0415ars

January 14, 2017, 11:27:42 am #19 Last Edit: January 14, 2017, 11:32:06 am by 0415ars
I am NOT wrong about the teachers comment. I know. I am one. I think our administration cares more about real issues. Like ALWAYS being a top 5 school in education! And we are a poverty-stricken area and blow all these big money schools out the water. Why? Well it is because we live in the real world and worry about real life problems. We teach  our  kids academics and life skills. As far as jobs, you guys really need to get out more. And it is nothing that cant be covered if need me!! Its 2017. They make amazing makeup concealer. Lol!But unless shes gonna be a nun i think shes good. Again, its crazy a girls team this good gets this kind of attention instead of the attention they deserve by beating icc twice, pocahontas, valley springs, jasper 3 times, yellville 2 times, and having the highest scoring average in the state. Let's talk about that!

0415ars

Quote from: HorseFeathers on January 14, 2017, 11:19:07 am
Eh....First impressions are a lot of times the difference between a job or not...Especially if you are the first folks the customers see.

Ya i dont think this girl will be helping "customers" 😂😂

HorseFeathers

We said that Bout my class valedictorian too....And he's a bartender now...Things happen

0415ars

Yes. Things happen. But not because she has a tattoo 😂😂 All im saying. It has zero to do with her basketball ability either.

HorseFeathers

Quote from: 0415ars on January 14, 2017, 11:41:48 am
Yes. Things happen. But not because she has a tattoo 😂😂 All im saying. It has zero to do with her basketball ability either.

We're in agreement there

beach bum

January 14, 2017, 11:52:47 am #24 Last Edit: January 14, 2017, 11:58:44 am by beach bum
Quote from: sevenof400 on January 14, 2017, 11:04:53 am
Then why risk it if an impression matters?

What a sad comment....  I don't and will never place a tattoo on my body, but thanks for coming out in the open and telling us you judge people based upon a tattoo. I am fairly certain this means you also create first impressions off of peoples' ethnicity, race, gender, and sexual orientation if you will judge someone off of a tattoo. I hope you don't hire people for a living?

HorseFeathers

Quote from: beach bum on January 14, 2017, 11:52:47 am
What a sad comment....  I don't and will never place a tattoo on my body, but thanks for coming out in the open and telling us you judge people based upon a tattoo. I am fairly certain this means you also create first impressions off of peoples' ethnicity, race, gender, and sexual orientation if you will judge someone off of a tattoo. I hope you don't hire people for a living?

And you tell us more about yourself by taking his question out of context...

magabball

My comment was more directed to the coach and parents rather than the kid. Neither must have much discipline to allow that. It reflects badly on the whole team. And a reflection of some bad parenting going on to allow that. And if you want to talk basketball norfork girls are so overrated. They make some lucky threes. They aren't that great and that will show come tournament time.

beach bum

Quote from: magabball on January 14, 2017, 11:57:42 am
My comment was more directed to the coach and parents rather than the kid. Neither must have much discipline to allow that. It reflects badly on the whole team. And a reflection of some bad parenting going on to allow that. And if you want to talk basketball norfork girls are so overrated. They make some lucky threes. They aren't that great and that will show come tournament time.

Welcome to 2017.... The world is progressing with out you obviously whether you are on board or not. Why aren't we more concerned with how people treat others as opposed to a tattoo. I will never put ink on my body, but what does discipline have to do with tattoos.. I know a physical therapist who just won a 100 mile ultramarathon with tattoos that I train with occasionally. I am fairly certain that person has "discipline" if they went to school for 8 years to make such a positive impact on others' lives and now is that physically fit. What a stupid backwards comment.

sevenof400

Quote from: 0415ars on January 14, 2017, 11:27:42 am
I am NOT wrong about the teachers comment. I know. I am one. I think our administration cares more about real issues. Like ALWAYS being a top 5 school in education! And we are a poverty-stricken area and blow all these big money schools out the water. Why? Well it is because we live in the real world and worry about real life problems. We teach  our  kids academics and life skills. As far as jobs, you guys really need to get out more. And it is nothing that cant be covered if need me!! Its 2017. They make amazing makeup concealer. Lol!But unless shes gonna be a nun i think shes good. Again, its crazy a girls team this good gets this kind of attention instead of the attention they deserve by beating icc twice, pocahontas, valley springs, jasper 3 times, yellville 2 times, and having the highest scoring average in the state. Let's talk about that!

You don't speak for all schools - and while I don't either - if you read the language in most every district's certified personnel policies you're going to find a statement pretty close to this:  All employees are expected to ensure their dress and appearance are professional in manner and appropriate to their position. 

Tattoos are not professional. 

Do some teachers have them?  Yes.

The overwhelming majority of teachers who do have tattoos keep them covered throughout the school day.  Out of sight, not a problem. 

If your school is allowing teachers to openly display tattoos, your principal is potentially in violation of school policy (as is the teacher).       

beach bum

January 14, 2017, 12:04:43 pm #29 Last Edit: January 14, 2017, 12:06:48 pm by beach bum
Quote from: sevenof400 on January 14, 2017, 12:03:13 pm

To you? Yes. To others.... nope. In genuine metropolitan areas I see business minded people with them all the time. And no, NWA and Little Rock is not a metropolitan area like a Denver, Tampa, Chicago, NYC, etc.

sevenof400

Quote from: beach bum on January 14, 2017, 11:52:47 am

I prejudge many things - just as you do - many times every day. 

The manner in which one presents one's self makes an indelible statement. 

beach bum

Quote from: HorseFeathers on January 14, 2017, 11:57:21 am
And you tell us more about yourself by taking his question out of context...

He is continuing to show his beliefs below this comment you posted here and above mine right now. And yes, I will call people out who judge others by their appearance. It's small town life though for you.

beach bum

Quote from: sevenof400 on January 14, 2017, 12:06:59 pm
I prejudge many things - just as you do - many times every day. 

But I don't follow up with those prejudgments as you have blatantly stated you would by calling someone "unprofessional" by a tattoo. I constantly am checking myself on the way I perceive people by appearance.

0415ars

You don't speak for all schools - and while I don't either - if you read the language in most every district's certified personnel policies you're going to find a statement pretty close to this:  All employees are expected to ensure their dress and appearance are professional in manner and appropriate to their position. 

Do some teachers have them?  Yes.

The overwhelming majority of teachers who do have tattoos keep them covered throughout the school day.  Out of sight, not a problem. 

If your school is allowing teachers to openly display tattoos, your principal is potentially in violation of school policy (as is the teacher).       

I NEVER SAID I SPOKE FOR ALL SCHOOLS. I SPOKE OF MY SCHOOL! And just because you say tattoos make you unprofessional doesnt make it so. It is subjective. I guess mine dont offend anyone. And like i said our school worries about important things!!  And all the colleges throwing scholarships this kids way doesnt seem to mind either! Goodness! We have alot of important stuff to worry about and tattoos arent one of them!!

sevenof400

Quote from: beach bum on January 14, 2017, 12:12:44 pm
But I don't follow up with those prejudgments as you have blatantly stated you would by calling someone "unprofessional" by a tattoo.

And just where did I say that? 

I did say this:

Which is not the same thing at all.  I don't move throughout the day saying "unprofessional" to all those I meet with tattoos.

But as I did allude to before, they have to overcome the first impression they make.

In a business setting, why risk it?   

BannerMountainMan

sevenof400

Quote from: 0415ars on January 14, 2017, 12:14:41 pm...We have alot of important stuff to worry about and tattoos arent one of them!!

It's this attitude that can (and is far too often) used to set aside a growing number of problems - believing them to be less important than others. 

And then, one day, you have to face the repercussions. 

Funny thing is, many are so quick to set aside what they perceive to be insignificant issues so they can face what they consider to be more important issues..that they set aside every issue as unimportant.

And never face anything. 

sevenof400

Quote from: BannerMountainMan on January 14, 2017, 12:23:53 pm
Lock the thread!!!!!!

That may be for the best....but let me try to at least get this back on track...

Moonshiner

You're obviously either a jealous fan or a player on a team that can't compete.  All your comments will do is bring those girls closer together.  Way to publicly call out a teenage girl.

AngieParnell

Overrated and lucky threes??? Are you saying every other team they've played are just that horrible?? A team doesn't get to 26-1 with some lucky threes. It will show come tournament time just how good theses girls are, just wait and see.

Catfish

I don't think it's anybody's place to judge someone else's parenting. Mind your business.

magabball

Quote from: Moonshiner on January 14, 2017, 01:22:19 pm
You're obviously either a jealous fan or a player on a team that can't compete.  All your comments will do is bring those girls closer together.  Way to publicly call out a teenage girl.
I am neither. I just know overrated when i see it. Their luck will run out in regionals. And they will lose out 1st round in state. But as for calling out a teenager, if shes gonna draw negative attention to herself and do adult things then she should be ready for the attention. Simple. But obviously she needs a good role model. The coach and parents obviously isnt it.

sevenof400

Quote from: Catfish on January 14, 2017, 08:52:42 pm
I don't think it's anybody's place to judge someone else's parenting. Mind your business.

It is when one is in a position (role) that requires dealing with the result of other people's parenting...or lack of it. 

HorseFeathers

Locking it as it's turning a bit political and bashing of a teenager...If your an adult and this is what you want to do that's your issue to go deal with at a therapist

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas