• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Ranking the boys regions

Started by BannerChaser95, January 13, 2017, 11:55:38 am

Previous topic - Next topic

BannerChaser95

January 13, 2017, 11:55:38 am Last Edit: January 13, 2017, 12:00:39 pm by BannerChaser95
From top to bottom of the 4 possible and most likely teams to advance in state compared to other regions.

1) has to be region 3. Guy Shirley nemo and MVE all could win their first round games in state. Top to bottom this is a tough 4 teams for anyone to draw

This it gets hard for me,

2) region 5. While none of these are extreme contenders at this point teams like Emerson, and Hampton and Nevada could all come in and beat a team if they're not ready.  All quick and athletic. So for that reason I put them their

3) region 4 teams Kirby and county line may just be the best regional final game out their and one could make deep runs out of the two, possibly both. The Winner tho has to meet region 3 winner in the quarter finals, as this is the side of the bracket that has two #1 seeds playing just to get to semi's. As for the other two team repping this region.. well I can't tell you who they'll be as the rest of the regions all kind of packed in their.

4) region 2 the reason I put them behind region four is, outside bay and ICC, I don't know who will be coming from this region. Bay looking to make a three peat getting scary when it matters most. However this is a complete regional ranking. And I don't know what more this region has to offer.

And now the hard parts over, and it gets easy.

5) region 1, the 4 teams that cone out of this region better be ready to go,  region 1 may lose all 4 games they face in the state tournament. I'm sure someone on here will say I'm wrong. But looking at both confrences. Who's the best team here? Western grove?jasper?alpena? I'm just not feeling region 1 this season

What do you guys think?

HorseFeathers

Deer and Omaha were the best teams in region 1 in first half of season

BannerChaser95

Quote from: HorseFeathers on January 13, 2017, 03:43:29 pm
I mentioned it was easy to put them at 5 didn't i? Haha

HorseFeathers

Quote from: BannerChaser95 on January 13, 2017, 05:32:46 pm
I mentioned it was easy to put them at 5 didn't i? Haha

True...I think they're region 1 seed will win one...But that might be JT

BannerChaser95

Quote from: HorseFeathers on January 13, 2017, 06:13:50 pm
True...I think they're region 1 seed will win one...But that might be JT
the one seeds going to be an obvious favorite to win it. But other than that, I wouldn't put money on any of them!

ballmember

Region 3 will also have Marvell in the mix, they have been off playing in another area.   They couldmake it interesting.   May be 5 good teams on one side and one on the other.   

BannerChaser95

Quote from: ballmember on January 13, 2017, 07:59:25 pm
Region 3 will also have Marvell in the mix, they have been off playing in another area.   They couldmake it interesting.   May be 5 good teams on one side and one on the other.
Kirby, guy and Nevada could all be one sides as 1 seeds.

Ice Water

Quote from: ballmember on January 13, 2017, 07:59:25 pm

Marvell beat England and Jacksonville Lighthouse this week. I'd say they're worth paying attention too.

HorseFeathers

I don't think Nemo boys would win a game at state....If Marvell can overcome a highly hostile environment(just remembering how the crowds were against Kipp Delta when they were in this region) then they might be good enough to win a game or two at state....They did beat Jax lighthouse....That beat a ballard-less guy by 30

Moonshiner

Quote from: HorseFeathers on January 13, 2017, 03:43:29 pm

Deer, Omaha, and Alpena are all quite capable of competing.  Maybe not with the top 3 in the state, but definitely anyone else in the 10.

SackAttack

Quote from: HorseFeathers on January 14, 2017, 11:37:03 am
I don't think Nemo boys would win a game at state....If Marvell can overcome a highly hostile environment(just remembering how the crowds were against Kipp Delta when they were in this region) then they might be good enough to win a game or two at state....They did beat Jax lighthouse....That beat a ballard-less guy by 30
Didnt Nemo beat Shirley who everybody has penciled in to the finals already and lead Guy deep into the second half both times? Sounds like they have as good a shot as anybody else.

BannerMountainMan

Quote from: SackAttack on January 14, 2017, 03:36:52 pm
Didnt Nemo beat Shirley who everybody has penciled in to the finals already and lead Guy deep into the second half both times? Sounds like they have as good a shot as anybody else.
do you have a grudge against Shirley because they are taking athletes from your school and everybody wants to come to Clinton, I or nobody else has said anything about Shirley winning the state championship.

HorseFeathers

The Nemo team I watched last night would be lucky to make it out of district

SackAttack

Quote from: HorseFeathers on January 14, 2017, 03:59:50 pm
The Nemo team I watched last night would be lucky to make it out of district
HF Im assuming they didn't get up to play a WV team that is what 0-22. It happens bro. they obviously got UP to play a couple weeks ago wouldn't you say. You do watch enough basketball to know it happens don't you? County Line lost to Sacred Heart. Mt.Vernon lost to Quitman and someone else pretty bad here lately. So yeah it happens!!

SackAttack

Quote from: BannerMountainMan on January 14, 2017, 03:43:14 pm
do you have a grudge against Shirley because they are taking athletes from your school and everybody wants to come to Clinton, I or nobody else has said anything about Shirley winning the state championship.
Yes you have!! No I don't hold a grudge against anybody! id be careful if I were you spouting off about transfers on a public message board because it doesn't look good on your school. It really doesn't. AND I can't believe the coach at your school hasn't put you in a headlock or the very least told you to shut the front door with all the ammo you are providing your opponents and the negative light in which you casting on your team. No I could care less about Clinton athletics. Ive always been a small school supporter. Go Scotland Bulldogs!!

HorseFeathers

Quote from: SackAttack on January 14, 2017, 04:14:27 pm
HF Im assuming they didn't get up to play a WV team that is what 0-22. It happens bro. they obviously got UP to play a couple weeks ago wouldn't you say. You do watch enough basketball to know it happens don't you? County Line lost to Sacred Heart. Mt.Vernon lost to Quitman and someone else pretty bad here lately. So yeah it happens!!

Probably watched more 1a basketball over the years than most on this board....Getting up is one thing, front rimming most of your shots in your own gym against your biggest rival is another....

Maybe Shirley didn't get up to play Nemo Vista a couple weeks ago because they're a .500 team?

SackAttack

But you haven't watched more than me nor do you have the knowledge of the game to make your judgements and conclusions. Casual fans just have opinions we experts have the cold hard facts!! Is front rimming a miss different than a right or left or long miss?? Clear that up for me if you will! What did Walt Davis or Chad Keaster or Jim Simmons tell you?

BannerChaser95

Nemo was probably ready to play Shirley, Shirley may not have cared. However they should be better prepared and ready to go! However I agree. It is in fact only one game.  Pitt panthers goes and beats Penn State in football and turned around and beat clemson as well. However I didn't see Pitt in the rose bowl or the national champions they beat. One games not dictating anything at this point. Shirley is fine and maybe nemo will not be very good. I just assumed in the Original they'd be the 3-4 after beating Shirley already.  I wasn't aware of the .500 record.

Central Ark

Quote from: BannerChaser95 on January 14, 2017, 07:03:35 pm
Nemo was probably ready to play Shirley, Shirley may not have cared. However they should be better prepared and ready to go! However I agree. It is in fact only one game.  Pitt panthers goes and beats Penn State in football and turned around and beat clemson as well. However I didn't see Pitt in the rose bowl or the national champions they beat. One games not dictating anything at this point. Shirley is fine and maybe nemo will not be very good. I just assumed in the Original they'd be the 3-4 after beating Shirley already.  I wasn't aware of the .500 record.

They've had a lot of injuries.

BannerChaser95

Central Ark

Nemo for sure, idk about Shirley. One of their Best players was out for several of those losses.

HorseFeathers

January 14, 2017, 09:18:52 pm #21 Last Edit: January 14, 2017, 09:37:18 pm by HorseFeathers
Quote from: SackAttack on January 14, 2017, 06:11:06 pm
But you haven't watched more than me nor do you have the knowledge of the game to make your judgements and conclusions. Casual fans just have opinions we experts have the cold hard facts!! Is front rimming a miss different than a right or left or long miss?? Clear that up for me if you will! What did Walt Davis or Chad Keaster or Jim Simmons tell you?

No mention of Blake Conley or Lynn Alexander? Or Noah Chagnon, or even the guy who's name I can't remember that is the HC at West Fork now?

Cold Hard Facts....Nemo is at best a 4 seed in that district, 50/50 missing region altogether because of Marvell being in that district...Of course it also depends on how jacked up the seedings get in that district due to a coaches vote (or so I heard?) For post season seeding

SackAttack

Correction... Its Blake Condley not Blake Conley and Lyn Alexander not Lynn Alexander. Totally destroys any opinions about worthiness and abilities and gives credibility to mine when I know more about your past coaches than you do. Scotland isn't too far from Hector as the crow flies. Just drive across the mountain and hoop there it is!!

SackAttack

Oh yeah that Vaught guy LOL I totally forgot about him.

HorseFeathers

Sure man....Whatever you say. I'm not even in Arkansas this weekend, does that hurt what credibility I have left?

ballmember

One district in region 3 is made up of Guy Marvell MVE Abundant Life and Nemo Vista,among others, a tough side to face to get to state.

HorseFeathers

Quote from: ballmember on January 15, 2017, 04:09:26 pm
One district in region 3 is made up of Guy Marvell MVE Abundant Life and Nemo Vista,among others, a tough side to face to get to state.

Hadn't heard anything about abundant life this year....Guess that completely ruins what credibility I have left now....Darn the luck

Hero of Twin Groves

Somebody sounds like they got their feelers hurt.

SackAttack

Quote from: Hero of Twin Groves on January 15, 2017, 06:39:01 pm
Somebody sounds like they got their feelers hurt.
Facts, Knowledge, and Experience tend to trump opinions and therefore hurt  the opinionated!!

HorseFeathers

Ha....Ole SackAttack...How come Nemo playing bad again at Wonderview is a Nemo having a bad night, but Shirley playing bad against Nemo is them being overrated? Is it cause your feelings are hurt that the school up the road is better than your alma mater?

SackAttack

Nope and nope. My alma mater shut the doors about 15 years or so ago.

BannerMountainMan

Quote from: HorseFeathers on January 15, 2017, 04:46:54 pm
Hadn't heard anything about abundant life this year....Guess that completely ruins what credibility I have left now....Darn the luck
we beat em by 25 early in the year but lemme tell you I think they would be 2nd in our conf if they were in it

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas