• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Bay @ Shirley Friday Night 1-13

Started by AllForOne2020, January 12, 2017, 10:56:33 am

Previous topic - Next topic

jacketman

January 14, 2017, 06:38:53 pm #50 Last Edit: January 15, 2017, 07:12:32 am by jacketman
It is a great feeling knowing if you have a great coach. It certainly helps the program. Best of luck for them! Our motto is....we aint done yet!. We still have work to do. Nothing is guaranteed.

Eagle_Mom_2

Quote from: jacketman on January 14, 2017, 06:38:53 pm
It is a great feeling knowing if you have a great coach. It certainly helps the program. Best of luck for them! Our motto is....we aint done yet!. We still have work to do. Nothing is guarenteed.
I like it. Making note of it and will show Coach Richey when we meet for lunch next week. Good luck to Bay rest of the year. Hopefully we will be at the state tournament and see you all there!

ZacAttack

Quote from: Thechosen1 on January 14, 2017, 04:04:21 pm
It wasn't because of Shirley's defense trust me they can't guard my grandma. I guess it's hard for you to grasp 39-1 too still huh?
Since I have only seen Bay play once this year, I"ll take your word for it that they didn't play well.  But, having seen Shirley play a couple of time this year, I will say I have seen them play better offensively than they did against Bay.  I'm also guessing Bay's defense had something to do with that.  And I have seen Shirley lock down a few opponents this season, so I would be willing to bet they can guard your grandma; if you can arrange that matchup, I'll make another road trip!

And why are you bringing up Guy-Perkins 39-1 record from last year?  That was an exciting battle the two of you had last year at ICC.

Good Luck to the Yellowjackets!  I'm positive they will come out of their regional and make it to Mt. Ida.

Oldref

Just wanted to go on record saying Shirley has a very good team and is one of the 5 or 6 teams that have a shot at winning it all this year. It was my first trip there and everyone was nice especially the lady that ran the concession stand. She gave the Yellowjacket players and coaches several Pizza on the way out the door for the long trip back to NEA. Bay had about a dozen fans that made the trip and the rest of the place was pretty much full of Shirley fans who were very supportive of their team. Bay got all it wanted for making such a long trip.....a good quality opponent and a chance to once again play in a tough place to come away with a win. I was very impressed with the support Shirley has and how hard their team played. Two good teams and a hard fought high school game. Thanks to Shirley for scheduling the game on short notice after Harrisburg cancelled out on playing Bay.
Good luck the rest of the way to both teams!

TheOfficial

Quote from: Hero of Twin Groves on January 14, 2017, 10:15:04 am
Maybe the other teams have something to do with it when Bay doesn't play their best. Hard concept for Bay fans to grasp. Why would this have been a 20 point game in NEA? Are you saying Bay was cheated? Are you saying that Bay would get favorable calls in NEA?

+1

ballmember

I Think Oldref  is right 5 or 6 possible, no clearcut favorite:  Kirby, Guy, Bay, Shirley,,Nevada, Marvell, .....???

Hero of Twin Groves

If you win big games for a living are you insinuating that Bay pays players?

Thechosen1

You may be the dumbest person on FF. Bay pays players? You're a fan of GP who recruits and still can't win.

BannerMountainMan

They don't play players!!! They just get the ones that couldn't make the team from Jonesboro.

Hero of Twin Groves

Wrong, GP actually wins quite a lot. So you kind if sound dumb now.

Catfish

Quote from: Eagle_Mom_2 on January 14, 2017, 06:40:40 pm
I like it. Making note of it and will show Coach Richey when we meet for lunch next week. Good luck to Bay rest of the year. Hopefully we will be at the state tournament and see you all there!

You won't lol boys or girls

Eagle_Mom_2

Quote from: Catfish on January 15, 2017, 07:21:09 pm
You won't lol boys or girls

You're right. Your girls dominated us Friday night.

CrispyLips

Do you have a daughter or a relative from concord catfish? I gathered from all the posts on here that concord was for sure going to win senior girls but eagle mom called the upset and I was hoping I could get some insight on what happened that game

Eagle_Mom_2

Quote from: CrispyLips on January 15, 2017, 07:32:22 pm
Do you have a daughter or a relative from concord catfish? I gathered from all the posts on here that concord was for sure going to win senior girls but eagle mom called the upset and I was hoping I could get some insight on what happened that game

I'd guess Catfish has a daughter or sister on team, depending on how old he is. Friday night was the performance I've been expecting for some time now. Coach Richey dialed up an incredible game plan. His adjustments for that game were nothing short of greatness in coaching form.

BannerMountainMan

Quote from: Eagle_Mom_2 on January 15, 2017, 07:38:35 pm
I'd guess Catfish has a daughter or sister on team, depending on how old he is. Friday night was the performance I've been expecting for some time now. Coach Richey dialed up an incredible game plan. His adjustments for that game were nothing short of greatness in coaching form.
or a girlfriend

Eagle_Mom_2

Quote from: BannerMountainMan on January 15, 2017, 08:09:43 pm
or a girlfriend

Could be possible I suppose. Guess I just assumed he was too old to have a high school girlfriend but might be. Suppose I pictured someone at least several years out of school but if he just graduated in last year or 2 could be.

Catfish

Did I ever say that concord would be in state? Lol

Catfish

January 15, 2017, 08:34:39 pm #67 Last Edit: January 15, 2017, 08:41:35 pm by Catfish
Quote from: BannerMountainMan on January 15, 2017, 08:09:43 pm
or a girlfriend

This guy. You right you right!

Catfish

Quote from: Eagle_Mom_2 on January 15, 2017, 08:12:38 pm
Could be possible I suppose. Guess I just assumed he was too old to have a high school girlfriend but might be. Suppose I pictured someone at least several years out of school but if he just graduated in last year or 2 could be.

He's right

Catfish

January 15, 2017, 08:37:43 pm #69 Last Edit: January 15, 2017, 08:56:37 pm by Catfish
Quote from: CrispyLips on January 15, 2017, 07:32:22 pm

When you get the chance please show me where I said this lol now I will say I did expect concords girls to win. I was pretty confident in them, but they let me down. But I never said anything about concord girls winning this game, or even making the state tournament. The girls teams in this region are crazy good.

Thechosen1

Quote from: Hero of Twin Groves on January 15, 2017, 06:40:07 pm
Wrong, GP actually wins quite a lot. So you kind if sound dumb now.
Not when it matters and that's all that matters.

Thechosen1

Quote from: BannerMountainMan on January 15, 2017, 04:45:21 pm
They don't play players!!! They just get the ones that couldn't make the team from Jonesboro.
I thought you may know a little about basketball but you just proved right there you have no idea what you're talking about. There is not one player on Bays team right now from Jonesboro. The only move in was Caleb hartgen from Russellville and he stars. We lost McFadden he went off to Texas and that hurts but obviously not enough for Shirley to beat us on their home floor lol.

Thechosen1

Big and bad Shirley ain't so bad anymore.

Hero of Twin Groves

Last time I checked we have multiple state championships as well as you. We were undefeated going into the semifinals last year. Bay played a great game that could have went either way. I wondered where all the bay fans went when y'all were struggling. Win a couple games and here chosen1 comes crowing.

CrispyLips

@catfish I think I remember reading somewhere where you called WSGF girls awful. So I guess I just assumed since they were so awful that concord girls had it in the bag since they have been talked of as being one of the best teams in conference. Sorry if some feathers were ruffled
On a side note we both hate Timbo's coach
EAD
Lips out

SackAttack

Quote from: Hero of Twin Groves on January 15, 2017, 08:56:30 pm
Last time I checked we have multiple state championships as well as you. We were undefeated going into the semifinals last year. Bay played a great game that could have went either way. I wondered where all the bay fans went when y'all were struggling. Win a couple games and here chosen1 comes crowing.
Yep

Thechosen1

Quote from: Hero of Twin Groves on January 15, 2017, 08:56:30 pm
What is there to say when you're struggling? We take our losses and we took them early this year. Yeah y'all are but that was 10 years ago bud, stop living in the past.

Catfish

Quote from: CrispyLips on January 15, 2017, 08:56:59 pm
@catfish I think I remember reading somewhere where you called WSGF girls awful. So I guess I just assumed since they were so awful that concord girls had it in the bag since they have been talked of as being one of the best teams in conference. Sorry if some feathers were ruffled
On a side note we both hate Timbo's coach
EAD
Lips out

I still think that concord has the better team. They played bad and Westside played great. But they won fair and square. I never said they didn't. Concord and Westside have a big time rivalry so I'm always going to take any chance I can to take a shot at them. They beat us this time. So congrats

But yes, definitely can't stand Timbo coach

EAD

Hero of Twin Groves

It's all a cycle pal. One thing I know is we have been one of the best programs for 30 years bay has not. We have not won a state championship since 2009. Not exactly 10 years. Maybe bay should get help in math.

Catfish

Quote from: Hero of Twin Groves on January 15, 2017, 09:15:25 pm
It's all a cycle pal. One thing I know is we have been one of the best programs for 30 years bay has not. We have not won a state championship since 2009. Not exactly 10 years. Maybe bay should get help in math.

As much as I don't like bay.. or guy.. I think that bay was pretty good in 90s as well. Not to the extent as guy was but still successful. Both teams will probably be in final 4 this year.

Hero of Twin Groves

Furthermore, living in the past? Last year would be the past as well? So take your own advice. As far as this year, y'all are not head and shoulders above the rest.

Thechosen1

I never said we was? But we should be the favorites. Winning in 09 and winning in 11-13-15-16 is a little different bud, guys dynasty is over.

Thechosen1

On the boys side, concord and bay have the two best programs and two best boys coaches in the state in 1A.

Hero of Twin Groves

What criteria did you use to come to that conclusion?

SackAttack

Quote from: Thechosen1 on January 15, 2017, 09:45:10 pm
On the boys side, concord and bay have the two best programs and two best boys coaches in the state in 1A.
Ever hear of a couple of guys named John Hutchcraft and Marty Smith

Hero of Twin Groves

Why should u be the favorite? As far as I can tell this year is wide open. Y'all have some good wins but also bad losses. Seems like you have a sense of entitlement even though you have probably had nothing to do with Bays recent success.

Bigleague

Well, bay has the best program and best coach.  Concord is top 40.   Lol

Hero of Twin Groves

Until someone else wins more games hutchcraft will have my vote for number 1

Thechosen1

Hahaha hutch couldn't win with the all star team of move ins he had last year.. we should be the favorites because of past success? Winning it all the last two years and having two returning starters from them teams. 1-0 vs Shirley something y'all have not done.

Eagle_Mom_2

Quote from: Bigleague on January 15, 2017, 09:55:23 pm
Well, bay has the best program and best coach.  Concord is top 40.   Lol

Luckily, there's a chance for Concord boys to excel at something!! Just saw Barnam and Bailey's Circus is closing. I'm sure people would pay good money to see those little fellas run around and jump off of boxes, walk tight ropes, and of course, the world's greatest limbo contest. Down to the floor, if ya know what I mean.

Hero of Twin Groves

Um actually we did beat Shirley this year by more than 2.

BlueDevilFan

Quote from: Oldref on January 14, 2017, 09:29:32 pm
Just wanted to go on record saying Shirley has a very good team and is one of the 5 or 6 teams that have a shot at winning it all this year. It was my first trip there and everyone was nice especially the lady that ran the concession stand. She gave the Yellowjacket players and coaches several Pizza on the way out the door for the long trip back to NEA. Bay had about a dozen fans that made the trip and the rest of the place was pretty much full of Shirley fans who were very supportive of their team. Bay got all it wanted for making such a long trip.....a good quality opponent and a chance to once again play in a tough place to come away with a win. I was very impressed with the support Shirley has and how hard their team played. Two good teams and a hard fought high school game. Thanks to Shirley for scheduling the game on short notice after Harrisburg cancelled out on playing Bay.
Good luck the rest of the way to both teams!
Thank you for your kind words, also I want to say this. Both teams played hard and I'm so thankfull that Bay called and Shirley got the great opportunity to host this game.
Bay is a top notch team, so are my beloved BlueDevils and I hope we get to meet up again and I hope it's another great game with a different outcome of course.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas