• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Bay @ Shirley Friday Night 1-13

Started by AllForOne2020, January 12, 2017, 10:56:33 am

Previous topic - Next topic

AllForOne2020

Bay @ Shirley Friday 6:00 tip Sr boys only

BannerMountainMan

Batman44

Well, if I was in the vicinity, I would definitely be there!

BannerChaser95

Quote from: BannerMountainMan on January 12, 2017, 04:08:54 pm
Anybody coming?
do you happen to have a date for Kirby Shirley? Can't find it!!

BannerMountainMan

Quote from: BannerChaser95 on January 12, 2017, 04:42:09 pm
do you happen to have a date for Kirby Shirley? Can't find it!!
it fell through.

BannerChaser95

Bigleague

Can't wait for this game.  Been wondering how good Shirley was and I'm about to find out

BannerMountainMan

Quote from: Bigleague on January 13, 2017, 11:28:04 am
Can't wait for this game.  Been wondering how good Shirley was and I'm about to find out
im so excited too!

BannerChaser95

BannerMountainMan

bhartgen

BannerChaser95

bhartgen

bhartgen

bhartgen

bhartgen

bhartgen

bhartgen

BannerChaser95

BannerMountainMan

Shirley blew it, 57-55 Bay, had a turnover at the end

bhartgen

57-55 Bay final.

Good game.
Good team.
Good Luck the rest of the way.

BannerChaser95

Quote from: bhartgen on January 13, 2017, 07:19:27 pm
57-55 Bay final.

Good game.
Good team.
Good Luck the rest of the way.
thanks for the info

Thechosen1

Shirley gets beat 20 on a neutral floor. Overrated.

BlackMamba

Good game, don't see it being that close in NE Arkansas though.

BannerMountainMan

Shirley also missing two starters and 6th man, well the 6th man came in at the end because both ball handlers were fouled out. All three could be back by end of season though.

RazorbackFan33

Bay showed up and showed Shirley who the championship team was late in the 4th quarter. Come state tournament time Bay wins by 20. They didn't play near as good as I have seen them play this year.

ballmember

Should be no excuses about who is missing, you play with what you got.   Only 1 starter out and who knows how long.       Shirley missed too many shots on their home court in the first 3 quarters.     Bay won. 

BannerMountainMan

Other two that are put have started at least 5 games.

ballmember

Excuses count  for nothing.   Grow up and move on.  Play harder next time. 

Thechosen1

I'm seeing Kirby and Guy being two very tough teams for Bay. I was not impressed with Shirley and there coach very annoyed me with how ignorant he as acting and wasn't rewarded a T.

Thechosen1

We made the trip to YOU. On a days notice. A wins a win.

BannerChaser95

Quote from: Thechosen1 on January 13, 2017, 08:23:42 pm
I'm seeing Kirby and Guy being two very tough teams for Bay. I was not impressed with Shirley and there coach very annoyed me with how ignorant he as acting and wasn't rewarded a T.
in other news  kirbys destroying host team mt. Ida.

Thechosen1

BannerChaser95

Quote from: Thechosen1 on January 13, 2017, 09:13:53 pm
Does that surprise you? Lol
oh no. I was just talking. Go on with out me lol. I just was surprised by how bad they were

SackAttack

Quote from: ballmember on January 13, 2017, 07:57:00 pm
Excuses count  for nothing.   Grow up and move on.  Play harder next time.
We've been telling hm that for about since oh like October 15th. Not sure its even possible

ZacAttack

I made the short road trip to Shirley to see the game against Bay and I was not disappointed.  I've been reading the comments and thought I give my 2 cents worth. 

Shirley fought back to take the lead late, but had a costly turnover to turn the game around.  I don't see why it would be a 20 point win in NE Ark.  Bay had early foul trouble, but didn't have a single foul called on them in the 4th quarter until they had to start fouling with 2:30 to go because they were behind. 

I was told Shirley was missing some players due to injury, but that is not the reason for the loss.  I do think those players would have made a positive contribution if healthy, but Bay showed why they are the currently the premier 1A program in the state.  They showed a lot of grit to come back at the end. 

And Mr. Chosen, I was told by some Shirley fans that Bay contacted Shirley to play after their game was cancelled.  Bay offered to make the trip and I'm glad they did!  I got to see an exciting game between 2 good teams.  And I hope I can make it to the rematch if it happens.  Congrats to both teams!

Boomer1

I was at the game. Bay played well but defiantly didn't play their best. They kept shooting themselves in the foot and blowing leads. They have all season. I believe the game started out like 11-3 early & they let them back into it. Once they figure out how to play with a lead watch out. Because they will be very hard to beat. They're not even playing close to their best & they're beating great teams. SCARY. Once they hit their peak near tourney time watch out...

BoxNOne

Big time win for the Yellowjackets on the road! You have got to give Bay credit, they will hit the road and play anybody.

Hero of Twin Groves

Maybe the other teams have something to do with it when Bay doesn't play their best. Hard concept for Bay fans to grasp. Why would this have been a 20 point game in NEA? Are you saying Bay was cheated? Are you saying that Bay would get favorable calls in NEA?

BannerMountainMan

Quote from: Hero of Twin Groves on January 14, 2017, 10:15:04 am
Maybe the other teams have something to do with it when Bay doesn't play their best. Hard concept for Bay fans to grasp. Why would this have been a 20 point game in NEA? Are you saying Bay was cheated? Are you saying that Bay would get favorable calls in NEA?
Bay is never gonna be favored in fouls, because they don't do anything to draw fouls, they mostly shoot the 3 ball and get transition layups. Well that's what they did last night.

Thechosen1

Quote from: Hero of Twin Groves on January 14, 2017, 10:15:04 am
I'm saying we won and we went into a tough environment and played bad and still won. It wasn't because of Shirley's defense trust me they can't guard my grandma. I guess it's hard for you to grasp 39-1 too still huh?

Hero of Twin Groves

So if it wasn't Shirley's defense. That means bay just isn't very good then. A team that keeps having "bad" game may just not be as good as everyone says. Some may call it streaky.

Thechosen1

Just because we didn't play as good as we could have does not mean a team is bad. They didn't play well, and still won @ Shirley. Guess that's to hard for you to concept when a team doesn't play there best. Sorry that they whooped y'all because y'all can't win big games. But we do it for a living up here.

BannerMountainMan

Shirley played horrible too you know. Couldn't make an easy shot like they usually do just like y'all.

jacketman

Quote from: BoxNOne on January 14, 2017, 09:18:07 am
Big time win for the Yellowjackets on the road! You have got to give Bay credit, they will hit the road and play anybody.
That is a true statement. With that said, why not have a rematch? This time, Shirley comes to bay. Im sure there is open dates and both teams could use the work.

Eagle_Mom_2

Just like to welcome back all the Bay fans who were on hiatus until they are sure their team was capable of beating another team considered among the top of class a.

jacketman

Thank you.............your confidence is also at the top of 1a I might add.

Eagle_Mom_2

Quote from: jacketman on January 14, 2017, 06:17:04 pm
Thank you.............your confidence is also at the top of 1a I might add.

Oh, I joke I joke, jacketman. I'm serious when I say I'm glad you all are back. Spices up the board and people leave us West Side fans alone because Bay haters come out too.

jacketman

Yes, when you have targets on your back, this is what happens. We know this all to well.

Eagle_Mom_2

Quote from: jacketman on January 14, 2017, 06:24:14 pm
Yes, when you have targets on your back, this is what happens. We know this all to well.

Agreed. Your program is top notch from I've seen and heard. My hope is that our Coach Richey can duplicate in girls what Coach Brandon Bradley (I think is his name) has done there at Bay in boys

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas