• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Wonderview @ nemo 1-13-17

Started by no mascot, January 12, 2017, 10:06:20 am

Previous topic - Next topic

no mascot

Another installment of what has become the best conference rivalry in girls basketball. Wonderview squeaked out a W last time at home with a heave at the buzzer. Now the show is down the road in Nemo.

Let's hear your thoughts & predictions!

BannerMountainMan

gobblerfire

Post play advantage Nemo.
Guard play advantage Wonderview.
Home court advantage Nemo.
Intangibles Wonderview.
Coaching Wonderview.

I think Wonderview wins in a close one.

Hitman Warrior23

Quote from: gobblerfire on January 12, 2017, 12:10:20 pm
Intangibles Wonderview.
Coaching Wonderview.

I agree!

SackAttack

Quote from: gobblerfire on January 12, 2017, 12:10:20 pm
Intangibles Wonderview.
Coaching Wonderview.

Lets see nemo has won 3 in a row and the coaching advqntage is with WV. Wv beat Nemo at Wv when Nemos best player didnt even suit up. So yeah WV in a close one!!

High flyer

Wonderview Has the momentum going into this game. Having won at there place.Nemo does have a post advantage but will they use it. Wonderview has three things going its way right now. 1 A willingness to fight to stay in ballgames example at the last tournament they played they could have folded an went home on the first game. Didn't advantage wonderview.2bringing it together.At the start of the season they weren't playing team ball that well. That has changed the two 11 graders coming in has really lifted thus team at times. The starter have recognized thus an are playing bidder an tighter more. Advantage Wonderview.3.Coaching . Alot of people don't give the guy credit.He's probably one of the top 5 girls coaches in the state. With that said it doesn't matter what the record is these two teams battles are epic good luck to both teams

ballmember

Bigpoppa

HorseFeathers

Nemo girls won by 1 after being down by as many as 14 in first half

SackAttack

Couldn't make the game as bad as I wanted to! Can anybody provide a few game details on this? And why are these games always so low scoring?? And don't say stellar defense because Ive seen both teams play. Ive called a few of my friends down that way but no return calls as it seems no one wants to talk about this much hyped game very much. I can understand why the Wv folks haven't posted much because they think they have something really special down there.

Motownsportsfan

January 15, 2017, 10:35:55 am #10 Last Edit: January 15, 2017, 10:52:41 am by Motownsportsfan
WV had full court pressure in 1st quarter causing lots of turnovers. Up 10 to 2 after 1. Built it to 14 to 2. Nemo turned it up in 2nd and WV couldn't make shots. Nemo started hitting 3's to get back in it. 3rd quarter WV struggled some and Nemo pounded it in to Harrison some. Nemo got the lead and took some air out. WV fought back to get the lead by 1 and Nemo missed but Mahan got rebound and put back to put Nemo up 1. WV ran down clock and took a wide open shot with about 4 seconds but missed. This has been one of the best rivalries in girls for several years now. This game is always high intensity and it just means more. Mahan for Nemo and Byers for WV are very good. These teams know each other so well and I expect another close game in district

no mascot

Thanks Motown that was a really good breakdown of the action!

SackAttack

I have two really good sources that tell me there was a little side controvery at the end of the game!! If true and I will confirm it before I post it but if true it reflects on the sad state of affairs these days and why Im slowly being jaded against the ethical side of the coaching profession.

no mascot

SackAttack

According to sources there is still 1.9 seconds to play in a one point game and one of the coaches waved the white flag or threw in the towel so to speak. And we complain about kids these days not giving their all!!

Hero of Twin Groves

Why would one of them call the game? Didn't wonderview win the first game this year in a similar situation? Am I missing something here?

HorseFeathers

January 15, 2017, 08:21:34 pm #16 Last Edit: January 15, 2017, 08:23:11 pm by HorseFeathers
Quote from: SackAttack on January 15, 2017, 07:52:25 pm
According to sources there is still 1.9 seconds to play in a one point game and one of the coaches waved the white flag or threw in the towel so to speak. And we complain about kids these days not giving their all!!

I actually have video of the play...

SackAttack

So spill it then!! Is there time still left?? If so then this is an unofficial game and the  remaining time should be played off. And I stand by the notion that the coach should have played it out instead of throwing in the towel or yelling calf rope.

Bigleague

This is crazy.    What happened

SackAttack

Quote from: Bigleague on January 15, 2017, 08:30:40 pm
This is crazy.    What happened
Still not 100% sure but apparently time was allowed to run off the clock after a foul and instead of putting time back up and playing to the official horn WV's coach just said 'no mas' and walked off happy to only lose by one. so my question is can you hold your players accountable the next time they don't finish a game. IF this is really how it unfolded as Im only 99% sure. Play to win and play to the final horn I say or dont cry when or if your kids dont. What say you??

Hero of Twin Groves

I'm lost. What would the advantage be in just taking a loss?

Central Ark

Quote from: Hero of Twin Groves on January 15, 2017, 08:50:12 pm
They only lost by 1. They beat Nemo by 1 earlier. If they would've shot free throws they could have lost by more than 1 and automatically been the 2 seed.

SackAttack

Quote from: Hero of Twin Groves on January 15, 2017, 08:50:12 pm
We shouldnt even be talking about the advantages or disadvantages. To me it is about the spirit of competition and teaching and expecting your kids to give their all until the horn blows or last out. Just my opinion though Hero!! Trust me somebody out there is going to disagree. Maybe you can help but wasnt there a thread way back sometime about the local coaches and some in jest nicknames they were given?? If so Ive got a good one over this!!

SackAttack

Quote from: Central Ark on January 15, 2017, 08:55:32 pm
They only lost by 1. They beat Nemo by 1 earlier. If they would've shot free throws they could have lost by more than 1 and automatically been the 2 seed.
So the coach just decides to not play the last 1.9 because he might lose by 2 instead of 1? Just confirms everything Ive said about the spirit of competition! WOW!!!

no mascot

If both teams have lost by 1 and have one loss in conference then they have tied for conference and it goes to a tiebreaker. Who can fill us in on those details?

From what I've just read it looks like the Coach could have been losing the battle to win the war.

Central Ark

AAA has said maxpreps rankings can come in to play in district seedings, which is extremely stupid. Maybe a coaches vote?

Hero of Twin Groves

I say get the teams back out there and play out the last second.

SackAttack

Quote from: no mascot on January 15, 2017, 09:03:18 pm
If both teams have lost by 1 and have one loss in conference then they have tied for conference and it goes to a tiebreaker. Who can fill us in on those details?

From what I've just read it looks like the Coach could have been losing the battle to win the war.
And yet in 99.9 % of the games we expect the kids to leave it all out there, to play to win but in this .1% we tell them oh thats ok to lose this one. By one and one only. Great job girls we only lost by one and we are tied for the conference lead on POINTS! Just forget about that last 1.9 seconds cause it doesnt really matter. Hey next time just call and say hey we arent coming to play tonight because we might lose by 2 so we'll just forfeit and be tied for the conference lead. No difference right?? Sorry Im getting carried away. Im going to apologize right here because I dont have a dog in the fight! I just hate to hear coach after coach lament the fact that kids dont play hard, kids arent dedicated, kids dont love it like they used to, I cant get my kids to give me all theyve got and on and on and on and then hear about stuff like this happening. Apologies all around and I am out....I hope

no mascot

You okay there sack?! Haha didn't mean to get you upset!

SackAttack

No man I just hope everybody can see where I am coming from. Regardless of the circumstances it is just plain wrong. Whats next throw a game to get on the good side of the bracket?? Its coming I guarantee it.

SackAttack

And one more thing LOL Ive been following that Timbo thread pretty closely and I guarantee you that coach at Timbo wouldnt have done this from what Ive gathered. Need more stand up guys like that who play to win every game every night.

HorseFeathers

Any of you knuckleheads use Twitter? I'll post the video on there....I think to call it by letter of the rules, Munoz would have been shooting FT with 2ish seconds left. Whistle was blown, and time expired. Idk what was decided in the conference that happened at the scorers table, but the refs and both coaches took place... Concluded with foul being waved off and being called a ball game....  As far as "official" game, I know that in football after first quarter a game can be "called" at any time so long as both coaches and officials agree and it's considered official. And district seeding for the 1a-5 is a coaches vote (or so I heard) so other than record it didn't really decide anything officially... This mixed up conference stuff is a joke as far as postseason is concerned...

SackAttack

So basically it was a travesty on all parties. Now it makes perfect sense that  my two sources would be insane out of their minds upset. Conferences scheduled with the coach tomorrow probably wont be civil!! Be he made his own bed.

Motownsportsfan

for the record the time keeper ran out the time. She is the parent of one of Nemo's best players. The clock ran during a dead ball once. There where several clock malfunctions during the game

HorseFeathers

Quote from: Motownsportsfan on January 16, 2017, 09:45:23 am
for the record the time keeper ran out the time. She is the parent of one of Nemo's best players. The clock ran during a dead ball once. There where several clock malfunctions during the game

And all but the last one was fixed....

SackAttack

Quote from: HorseFeathers on January 16, 2017, 09:46:33 am
And all but the last one was fixed....
Yes that is correct! All but the last one which had the most direct bearing on the outcome of the UNFINISHED UNOFFICIAL game!

HorseFeathers

Quote from: SackAttack on January 16, 2017, 09:50:39 am
Yes that is correct! All but the last one which had the most direct bearing on the outcome of the UNFINISHED UNOFFICIAL game!

Ummm both coaches were good with it apparently so yes it is indeed an official game...

SackAttack

You heard that?? I heard otherwise

Motownsportsfan

WV had 40 secs to get a basket. They called time to set up a play with 20 secs. They were going to run down the clock for the last shot no matter what. These 2 teams will play in the finals of district and Regionals and the Regional final will be the one that matters.

High flyer

I was at the game an Motown is right . But I think it should have never been that close. leading at the start of the third coach Simon put his team in a 2/3 def an packed it in on nemo. He did this the rest of the game . Ive seen wonderview play much better than this Friday night . They are capable of putting up 60 plus points . He als took the ball out of his play makers hands. An let a player that until this game was 0for 5 from three take the last shot ? you have better shooters on the team coach two on the court shoot at 37 an 38 % an one on the bench shoots 34% . I  don't have a kid on this team but I do follow them a lot . One thing that ive learned in my 60yrs of basketball . Never Question the game plan or the coach .   

HorseFeathers

Quote from: High flyer on January 16, 2017, 12:45:20 pm
I was at the game an Motown is right . But I think it should have never been that close. leading at the start of the third coach Simon put his team in a 2/3 def an packed it in on nemo. He did this the rest of the game . Ive seen wonderview play much better than this Friday night . They are capable of putting up 60 plus points . He als took the ball out of his play makers hands. An let a player that until this game was 0for 5 from three take the last shot ? you have better shooters on the team coach two on the court shoot at 37 an 38 % an one on the bench shoots 34% . I  don't have a kid on this team but I do follow them a lot . One thing that ive learned in my 60yrs of basketball . Never Question the game plan or the coach .   

I figure Simon knows what he's doing....And if WV decides they aren't happy with him, then another program would be more than happy to hire him...

High flyer

Yes I'm surprised hes still at wonderview .

SackAttack

Quote from: HorseFeathers on January 16, 2017, 01:39:11 pm
I figure Simon knows what he's doing....And if WV decides they aren't happy with him, then another program would be more than happy to hire him...
Russellville didnt hire him after they got to asking around so maybe not!! Didnt interview well and I totally understand that

Hitman Warrior23

I dont know him at all (WV coach)  but admire his teams, and his ability to get work out of his players  HUGE FAN! We went and watched them play Russellville and Pottsville, this year fun team the rivalries are always tough each team knows each other so well, sometimes the coaches out coach themselves happens allot.  Sounds like a great game if your Nemo and a Heart Breaker if your Wonderview!

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas