• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Region 2 W-L Record Breakdown

Started by ZacAttack, January 08, 2017, 03:53:58 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

ZacAttack

I needed a break from my work on the space-time continuum, so I decided to break down the records of the top 4 teams from Region 2 (Shirley, Timbo, Concord, and Westside).  So I entered a bunch of data into my Commodore 64 and got these results.  For "fun", the teams are not identified, so make your best guesses; I'll post the team's identity later (if anyone cares).

What do these numbers mean?  Heck if I know!  I think the W-L record of your opponents say something about how well a team has played.  One thing, these 4 teams are losing to some quality opponents.  Something that might take some of the luster off the W-L records of teams they have beaten is the high number of losses by some other conference members.

Well, on to something more difficult: my taxes!  Stay "Fired Up" my friends!

Team  Avg W-L records of wins  Avg W-L records of losses  % Wins vs teams w/ winning record

A                6 - 10.7                         11.7 - 4.1                           38
   B                6.2 - 10                         13.3 - 3.5                           31
   C                9.3 - 8                           10.8 - 4.6                          70
   D                4.9 - 10                         13.4 - 6.2                           27

ZacAttack

Quote from: ZacAttack on January 08, 2017, 03:53:58 pm

Team  Avg W-L records of wins  Avg W-L records of losses  % Wins vs teams w/ winning record

Timbo            6 - 10.7                           11.7 - 4.1                                  38
Concord          6.2 - 10                           13.3 - 3.5                                  31
  Shirley           9.3 - 8                             10.8 - 4.6                                  70
Westside         4.9 - 10                           13.4 - 6.2                                  27
Apparently nobody cared, so here are the teams with the results.  I hope everyone enjoys the second half and get ready for the tournaments!

CrispyLips

SackAttack

Okay Ive give myself enough time gone through a pack of Kools and I still can't figure this nonsense out. If you get this please help. Ill be here with another Kool.

BannerMountainMan

ZacAttack

Quote from: SackAttack on January 10, 2017, 05:50:57 pm
I still can't figure this nonsense out.
In my former life, before retirement brought me to one of the most beautiful places in Arkansas (right Eagle Mom), I looked for good business opportunities by looking at a business's numbers.  Basketball teams play each other, so the better team that night is decided on the court.  But evaluating a team's success can be done by looking at their opponent's success (or lack there of).

Judging by the numbers, Shirley (with their runaway win over Concord has almost sewn up the region's #1 seed) has beaten more successful teams and a much higher percentage of teams with winning records.  Timbo and Concord have beaten a similar caliber opponent, but Concord has lost to slight more successful opponents.  Since Concord is better by the analysis, I would predict them to get the #2 seed with Timbo the #3 seed.  And Westside will probably hold onto the 4th spot, especially with the recent victory over Midland.

SackAttack, I was bored with all of the snow on the ground and I had to do something!  I'm glad the games have started back.

SackAttack

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas