• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Top 5 picks going into break

Started by PTplayer, December 20, 2016, 06:29:00 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

PTplayer

PTplayer

Boys

1. Kirby
2. Guy/w Ballard
3. Shirley
4. Mve
5. Bay

No clue on girls, looking for opinions here!!

gobblerfire

December 20, 2016, 07:39:29 pm #2 Last Edit: December 20, 2016, 07:41:18 pm by gobblerfire
Girls

1 Wonderview
2 Norfolk
3 Nemo
4 MVE
5 Jasper/Kirby

Central Ark

From what I read you are missing Timbo boys and West Side girls

Eagle_Mom_2

Quote from: Central Ark on December 20, 2016, 07:47:01 pm
Unlikely to hear much complaint from me about our girls not being mentioned. Just can't seem to get it together. I want to believe in Coach Richey and the program he's establishing, but it is hard right now.

That being said, impressive that both MVE and Kirby are being mentioned in top 5 discussion in both boys and girls.

SackAttack

Quote from: PTplayer on December 20, 2016, 07:06:09 pm
Boys

1. Kirby
2. Guy/w Ballard
3. Shirley
4. Mve
5. Bay

No clue on girls, looking for opinions here!!
In 1987 the year my nephew graduated not one of these teams would have made the state tournament. And those are cold hard facts.

PTplayer

Quote from: Central Ark on December 20, 2016, 07:47:01 pm

Do you think timbo has improved that much since Shirley game earlier this season?

Central Ark

I said from what I've read. I have no idea. Haven't seen them.

Thechosen1

Watch out for Bay, may be starting to click. Got players played well

Central Ark

We all know Bay will be there in the end.

playhard

December 21, 2016, 04:25:10 am #10 Last Edit: December 21, 2016, 06:02:29 am by playhard
Girls
1  Wonderview
2  Norfork
3  Nemo
4  MVE
5  Bay/Kirby

Boys
1  Kirby
2  Shirley
3  County Line
4  Bay
5  Guy

BannerChaser95

December 21, 2016, 04:27:20 am #11 Last Edit: December 21, 2016, 04:30:11 am by BannerChaser95
1. Kirby
2. Shirley
3. Guy
4. Bay

Pending these teams meet in the games before final four, I think the last 4 teams in the state tournament will be Kirby Shirley bay and guy,  id like to see Kirby versus bay. Part 2 (2014 final four where the game was decided in the last minute or two with Watson taking over this game was the actual championship game just played on the wrong side) and then Shirley and guy part 3 for the season. It's a very good possibility and those teams will most likely be their at the end. I'd pay good money to watch that. Finals either a guy bay rematch from last season. Or a Shirley Kirby rematch from this January in hot springs Those are both intriguing to me.

yesteryearman

Quote from: BannerChaser95 on December 21, 2016, 04:27:20 am
1. Kirby
2. Shirley
3. Guy
4. Bay

Pending these teams meet in the games before final four, I think the last 4 teams in the state tournament will be Kirby Shirley bay and guy,  id like to see Kirby versus bay. Part 2 (2014 final four where the game was decided in the last minute or two with Watson taking over this game was the actual championship game just played on the wrong side) and then Shirley and guy part 3 for the season. It's a very good possibility and those teams will most likely be their at the end. I'd pay good money to watch that. Finals either a guy bay rematch from last season. Or a Shirley Kirby rematch from this January in hot springs Those are both intriguing to me.

If Kirby and Guy meet at state tourney semifinals Kirby will have faced few quality teams all season while Bay will have played many, many very good teams.  While Kirby is playing Acorn and Umpire, Bay is playing Jonesboro and EPC.  That will make the difference.  No fault of Kirby, they play the schedule given them, just the facts.

1.  Bay
2.  Guy

rest won't matter...but we will see.

Central Ark

Didn't Kirby play Pine Bluff and Lake Hamilton?

BannerChaser95

Quote from: Central Ark on December 21, 2016, 09:28:31 am
Didn't Kirby play Pine Bluff and Lake Hamilton?
Pine bluff and sylvan hills. Both beat Kirby. 5A & 6A and pine bluff could be in the finals again this season!

BannerChaser95

Quote from: yesteryearman on December 21, 2016, 07:15:28 am
If Kirby and Guy meet at state tourney semifinals Kirby will have faced few quality teams all season while Bay will have played many, many very good teams.  While Kirby is playing Acorn and Umpire, Bay is playing Jonesboro and EPC.  That will make the difference.  No fault of Kirby, they play the schedule given them, just the facts.

1.  Bay
2.  Guy

rest won't matter...but we will see.
may be true. Kirby has mercy ruled ever single 2A and 1A games so far in the season. While they me playing teams down. They destroyed them, so if winning by 30 isn't helping a team learn to be their in the end, losing by 36 to Jonesboro probably isn't either. You're right we will see, I'm not insinuating beating umpire by 30 is going to win you state, I'm simply saying kirbys doing very well on the court and their record speaks for its self.

Thechosen1

Quote from: BannerChaser95 on December 21, 2016, 04:27:20 am
1. Kirby
2. Shirley
3. Guy
4. Bay

No offense but this game was set up every way for Kirby to win and even the refs thought so to be honest.. it was a one sided game and Kirby and bay were both better teams then than they are now. But everything went in the favor of Kirby that night, the calls, the fans, it was played at Nashville and Kirby still lost by 15. Kirby is a smart and good team and I hope to see them and Bay this year and may the best team win!!!

PTplayer

I think Hampton or navada will be in the final 4. Seeing that the winner of Guys/Shirley region will be playing the winner of kirby's region in quarter finals.

BannerChaser95

December 21, 2016, 02:45:01 pm #18 Last Edit: December 21, 2016, 05:33:30 pm by BannerChaser95
@chosen1 I wasn't talking about the game. I was simply stating Kirby had been on the other side they'd made it finals. And I'd take this 16-17 over 14-15 Kirby. Maybe it's just me.

ballmember

Boys: Guy, Bay, Kirby, Shirley and Nevada; in that order.   

Girls: Wonderview, Norfork, ICC, Nemo

PTplayer

I would like to think your right ballmember with guy and bay. Would like to watch that finals. I did get a chance to see kirby play earlier this season against valley springs @ hendrix college. They may not have a tough schedule but they will be there in the end, if they are the same team that I watched. I'm calling a kirby v bay rematch of the 2014 semi's. Will be a good game, but I think Bay will take an edge with experience and come out on top though.

Thechosen1

Quote from: BannerChaser95 on December 21, 2016, 02:45:01 pm
@chosen1 I wasn't talking about the game. I was simply stating Kirby had been on the other side they'd made it finals. And I'd take this 16-17 over 14-15 Kirby. Maybe it's just me.
I don't see it. Losing the big boy and their best scorer and shooter. More experienced now for Smith but 14-15 Kirby beats this years by 10-15.

BannerChaser95

Quote from: Thechosen1 on December 21, 2016, 08:12:37 pm
I don't see it. Losing the big boy and their best scorer and shooter. More experienced now for Smith but 14-15 Kirby beats this years by 10-15.
You have to see this team play I guess. Full court press the whole game, this big played last year and got a lot better. Plus they have the Caddo hills leading scorer from last season move in plus a STUD of a ninth grader moving up at seasons end im sure. This seasons Kirby beats that Kirby by 15, the smith and Stewart boy are both totally different animals. Stewart had 34 the other night and went off. They're the better team of the 2 in my opinion. Everyone's is different but I don't think it'd even really be that close.

NWA Hawg

Quote from: BannerChaser95 on December 21, 2016, 08:58:50 pm
You have to see this team play I guess. Full court press the whole game, this big played last year and got a lot better. Plus they have the Caddo hills leading scorer from last season move in plus a STUD of a ninth grader moving up at seasons end im sure. This seasons Kirby beats that Kirby by 15, the smith and Stewart boy are both totally different animals. Stewart had 34 the other night and went off. They're the better team of the 2 in my opinion. Everyone's is different but I don't think it'd even really be that close.

How is Kirby's junior high doing this year?

Bigleague

Their junior boys are loaded!!!!!!

SackAttack

Parkdale
Gould
Wabbaseka-Tucker
McNeil
Turrell

Central Ark

Quote from: SackAttack on December 21, 2016, 09:16:17 pm
Parkdale
Gould
Wabbaseka-Tucker
McNeil
Turrell
You forgot Saratoga and Delight

SackAttack

Both of those were one hit wonders!! these others were periodontal powerhouses.

BannerChaser95

Quote from: fann07 on December 21, 2016, 09:07:11 pm
How is Kirby's junior high doing this year?
The Jr boys are very very talented for Kirby this year.

HorseFeathers

Quote from: SackAttack on December 20, 2016, 08:42:39 pm
In 1987 the year my nephew graduated not one of these teams would have made the state tournament. And those are cold hard facts.

And approximately 50% of the smallest class schools from that time are now apart of 3a and larger districts cause they didn't work financially or academically....whoops

SackAttack

Quote from: HorseFeathers on December 22, 2016, 04:18:09 am
And approximately 50% of the smallest class schools from that time are now apart of 3a and larger districts cause they didn't work financially or academically....whoops
Yes Im well aware!! Totally aware!! Uber aware!! But that doesnt take away from the fact that all of these aforementioned teams wouldnt couldnt compare with the cats of that era. the best teams of that era would mercy rule the teams of this one, bringing cold hard facts here. But I do understand that most on here are too young to even know what Im talking about or just inexperienced enough to want to argue the point!

PTplayer

Since bannerchaser mentioned it, what teams have the game changer freshmans moving up at the end of the year?

HorseFeathers

Quote from: SackAttack on December 22, 2016, 10:00:39 am
Yes Im well aware!! Totally aware!! Uber aware!! But that doesnt take away from the fact that all of these aforementioned teams wouldnt couldnt compare with the cats of that era. the best teams of that era would mercy rule the teams of this one, bringing cold hard facts here. But I do understand that most on here are too young to even know what Im talking about or just inexperienced enough to want to argue the point!

And it's a moot point....Because no teams from 1987 are playing in 2017's post season tournaments....But then again...45 year old men sit around and talk bout how things were back when and things were always better in the memories

SackAttack

So by that last statement Im taking it that you somehow disagree with my experienced view that those teams and programs were far superior in talent and equal in coaching. Ive been attending state tournaments for the last 40 years and yes I have a wealth of experience when it comes to judging eras, programs, teams, players, coaches, fan bases and even concession stands. Its fun to argue the points but never ever bring a knife to a gun fight!! Your opinion is valid and it might be a moot point but isnt it fun to point out the cold hard facts!!!

ZacAttack

Quote from: SackAttack on December 22, 2016, 05:18:18 pm
So by that last statement Im taking it that you somehow disagree with my experienced view that those teams and programs were far superior in talent and equal in coaching.  Your opinion is valid and it might be a moot point but isnt it fun to point out the cold hard facts!!!
First, let me declare I consider myself an oldtimer; yes, I did walk 3 miles to school uphill BOTH WAYS!  Comparing teams from different eras is almost impossible.  I think high school ball back in the day might have been more fundamentals based, but there also wasn't as much varying styles of play either.  I would think my high school team would get beat by a current team just because current players are better trained physically than in the past.  Just my opinion, but certainly not cold hard facts.

Moonshiner

Those good teams that Turrel had back in the early 2000s would roll any team in class A right now.  Probably any 2A, and 3A as well. Most 4A teams and a lot of 5 & 6A teams.

SackAttack

You tell em Moonshiner!! They dont want to listen to the guy with the most collective experience on the board!!

yesteryearman

Quote from: BannerChaser95 on December 21, 2016, 02:45:01 pm

Back up the bus a second.....in 14/15 I believe I recall that Emerson beat Kirby 2 out of 3 times, including the Regional Finals.  To say Kirby would have made it to the finals had they been on Emerson's side of the bracket is a stretch...and maybe Kirby played Bay closer in the semi's than Emerson did in the finals, I'm telling you that on that night in Hot Springs Bay would have beaten or scared the pants off of any of the other 12 boys teams playing in the finals.  Watson and Bay were totally unstoppable.

Hero of Twin Groves

Watson probably doesn't have he same type of night against the better teams in upper classifications. That would only be pure biased speculation to say they could play with them.

no mascot

Ok let's be real here... everything on this website is purely biased speculation! Let's not pull down that veil or everything will fall apart!

BannerChaser95

Quote from: yesteryearman on December 23, 2016, 05:26:39 am
Back up the bus a second.....in 14/15 I believe I recall that Emerson beat Kirby 2 out of 3 times, including the Regional Finals.  To say Kirby would have made it to the finals had they been on Emerson's side of the bracket is a stretch...and maybe Kirby played Bay closer in the semi's than Emerson did in the finals, I'm telling you that on that night in Hot Springs Bay would have beaten or scared the pants off of any of the other 12 boys teams playing in the finals.  Watson and Bay were totally unstoppable.
by 4, at Emerson twice. Yes they did. I'm not saying the finals had been different I'm simply stating that game was the best game of the tournament was obviously the finals. Regardless bay was best team that year. I'm not trying to argue that by any means!

Batman44

Quote from: Hero of Twin Groves on December 23, 2016, 08:07:18 am
Watson probably doesn't have he same type of night against the better teams in upper classifications. That would only be pure biased speculation to say they could play with them.
I WOULD concur with you, but then it would be TWO people wrong:)

Hero of Twin Groves

I don't know how you think I'm wrong.

Hero of Twin Groves

Batman are you saying that Watson could have had the same type of game against NLR, pine bluff, or McClellan that year?

Bigleague

Central Ark

Bigleague

Central Ark

You think if Andre Jones, Ladarius Skelton, KJ Hill, or Kevaughn Allen was guarding him he would've had the same night?

Batman44

Quote from: Hero of Twin Groves on December 23, 2016, 02:26:08 pm
Batman are you saying that Watson could have had the same type of game against NLR, pine bluff, or McClellan that year?
I'm saying that Watson could have dealt with ANYONE that they put against him!!!

Hero of Twin Groves

I would agree with you batman but that would make two of us sound foolish.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas