• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

1A-5 North

Started by Hero of Twin Groves, December 14, 2016, 06:25:59 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Hero of Twin Groves

I think this is the best conference in 1a. Thoughts?

J.D.

Hero of Twin Groves

Well there are only about 4 good teams in girls.

Hero of Twin Groves

SackAttack

Quote from: J.D. on December 14, 2016, 06:45:43 pm
Girls, by far.
In a classification that gets weaker every year it seems!!

gamechanger11

Wow really ??? ???correct me if I am wrong but has not the girls in 1a played with or beaten many larger classification schools? I'm pretty sure wonder view just beat a 4 or 5 a school to win a tournament and beat Quitman a team that was a semi finalist in 2a and returned all starters. Nemo has beaten larger schools the last few years. Norfork beat Valley this year already a 3a favorite to win it and Batesville a 5a semi finalist team only beat Bay the other night by like 5 and Batesville returned most of their core players. I am sorry but I happen to think that 1a girls is loaded and this conf is by far the best in the state. You are mistaken girls for boys. 1a boys is down drastically.

BannerMountainMan

Quote from: gamechanger11 on December 14, 2016, 09:42:18 pm
Wow really ??? ???correct me if I am wrong but has not the girls in 1a played with or beaten many larger classification schools? I'm pretty sure wonder view just beat a 4 or 5 a school to win a tournament and beat Quitman a team that was a semi finalist in 2a and returned all starters. Nemo has beaten larger schools the last few years. Norfork beat Valley this year already a 3a favorite to win it and Batesville a 5a semi finalist team only beat Bay the other night by like 5 and Batesville returned most of their core players. I am sorry but I happen to think that 1a girls is loaded and this conf is by far the best in the state. You are mistaken girls for boys. 1a boys is down drastically.
1a boys has is drastically down the whole class wide, it's got some really really good teams it's just the bottom half it just drops way way way, same with girls 

Hero of Twin Groves

You think maybe those larger classification schools just are not very good either? No rule that says large classification=good team.

Eagle_Mom_2

Quote from: Hero of Twin Groves on December 14, 2016, 09:58:05 pm
You think maybe those larger classification schools just are not very good either? No rule that says large classification=good team.
I think GramChanger makes some great points. Seems to be really in tune with what is going on in class a girls basketball. I think he/she makes some of the best comments on here typically.

BannerChaser95

Kirby has beat every 1-3 teams they have played. And Shirley I believe has 1 loss to a 2a. Nevada was in it with 3 a jessieville. Was it bay that lost a close one to batesville.? 1A boys may be down in the overall stance. But the team that I mention above I think could all compete in other classes. Win it all maybe not. But def wouldn't be a push over. Just my food for thought on the 1A boys being down!

SackAttack

Quote from: gamechanger11 on December 14, 2016, 09:42:18 pm
Its too late to even go into this. Ill get on this tomorrow. I can write a book on why this is so wrong! But first you must tell me what school you follow so I can know exactly what Im working with here.

BannerMountainMan

Shirley is 5-0 against 3a teams

gamechanger11

Do not follow a particular team, sak. Just stating that 1a girls basket is not down down as the presumed comment stated. Just saying 1a has beaten some good higher classification teams. But if you want to belittle teams or their wins be my guest as I said I was making the statement that there are really good teams in 1a with very quality wins.

SackAttack

Quality wins and girls basketball do not belong in the same sentence intrasquadchanger!! To not follow a particular team you sure post with a lot of angst. As someone posted earlier just because you beat a higher class school doesnt mean much if that school isnt very good or down. I could go into numerous examples if need be but youd take it as bashing when in actuality it would just be cold hard facts which Im finding the posters on here have a hard time dealing with. Cold hard fact #1.... girls basketball around here is baaaaad.

High flyer

Wonderview has beaten 1-2a -   3-5a 1-6a 1-7a schools an pretty much who ever has gotten in there way. Their only defeat was to Nettleton 5a.

gamechanger11

So slap a sak. I guess you think valley springs, Paragould, Batesville, Quitman etc are not quality teams lol. Are there some bad teams around absolutely but to say that it's really "baaaaaad" I would respectfully disagree, but that is what this forum is about.

Hero of Twin Groves

I would like to see these "good" teams go up against some of the ones from the past that didn't win a state championship or even make a state tournament for that matter. 1a basketball is down. That's a fact jack.

BannerMountainMan

Quote from: Hero of Twin Groves on December 15, 2016, 01:49:53 pm
I would like to see these "good" teams go up against some of the ones from the past that didn't win a state championship or even make a state tournament for that matter. 1a basketball is down. That's a fact jack.
it might be down but it's as fun as ever and that's all that matters!

thebigtiger

December 15, 2016, 01:57:56 pm #18 Last Edit: December 15, 2016, 02:01:20 pm by thebigtiger
I think our conference is down some in girls.  By the end of the year we could win conference.  I believe Concord is in the lead right now but we had them down at half the other night.  Foul trouble played a big part in the game.  No excuses but we were in bad foul trouble.  Our conference is totally up in the air.  And the 1A 5N is good up top but as the GFLC shows maybe they are over rated!  Nemo a 6 seed? 
Fired up Coach, fired up players and fired up fans!
We do more with less!

SackAttack

Quote from: gamechanger11 on December 15, 2016, 12:41:47 pm
So slap a sak. I guess you think valley springs, Paragould, Batesville, Quitman etc are not quality teams lol. Are there some bad teams around absolutely but to say that it's really "baaaaaad" I would respectfully disagree, but that is what this forum is about.
Slap a sak?? Where have I seen that before?? Lets wait and see  how this all plays itself out!! None of this really matters until the last week of Feb. and first week of March. Heres an opinion for you...... there isnt any pressure on teams these days since the deal with taking four teams to the regionals and four teams to the state to get better and improve. They just sit on their hump and worry about winning one game. One game. Making the state tournament is a piece of cake now unless you just choke like some teams will do everyyear. It used to be 8 ELITE teams every year with any one of them with a chance to win it. Now you have teams with losing records. Teams getting destroyed in the first and second rounds. Why?? Because they are Tuuuurrrrible. Not calling out your team because you dont have one but we all know you do. I bet you coaches would agree!! Unless they have a dog in the fight of course!!

gamechanger11

Lol. Yea some "turrrrrrible" teams make the dance every year but is this thread not the "5-a North"?  My statements are wonder view, nemo, mt Vernon are very good teams. If you have 3 really good teams in one conference that is good.

SackAttack

Ok Ill give you that one but someone(YOU) called into question my statement and opinion that  its a good conference in a classification that gets weaker every year. Fewer good teams and the good ones are kinda like me and you Im sure in that they aint what they used to be. I saw a very very very good team get beat by Guy one year around 2000 in the regional semifinals that is as good a team as Ive seen play in the last ten. Regional semifinals got beat stayed home better than the cuurrent 5A North teams of today. Happened a lot back then but we take four and then four more and you get what we have now. 1 or 2 or maybe 3 pretty good teams that have a chance and everybody else is just happy to be there. All this IMO. Everybody just take a nap through the regionals and then slumber through the state until we get the semis and maybe one of those games will decent enough to watch. But at least we have boys games to watch to keep us awake.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas