• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Here comes the Hampton Bulldogs

Started by sickwillie, December 11, 2016, 08:49:08 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

sickwillie

Hampton says they like going to state so much that they're going to do it in basketball too.

fresh_prince

Alright 1A, Hampton gave 2A the business in football now we coming down to see yall.

BannerMountainMan

2a is a football class, 1a is a basketball class so don't even try we have about 20 teams that would y'all wanting mercy after a half

sickwillie

We are also keen for education is class 2A.... so what do you mean by your post?

BannerMountainMan

My fellow friend don't take this lightly but what I mean is y'all dont want any of 1a basketball trust me

sickwillie

Brother man here we come. It's inevitable!! But if your team makes it to state, you'll see how nice our facilities are.

fresh_prince

Central Ark

I know Hampton is really good and has a chance to win it, but a Southern team hasn't won 1a state since '04

sickwillie

Quote from: Central Ark on December 11, 2016, 09:32:16 pm
I know Hampton is really good and has a chance to win it, but a Southern team hasn't won 1a state since '04

I hope this is the year. Fell 1 point short of the first state football title

fresh_prince

I feel that. But it's just their first season being down here. It's going to get Interestinf for sure.

bscinar

fresh_prince

No disrespect for real. We know there are awesome 1A schools. Just pumped up to actually be playing basketball. Good luck to yalls teams.

J.D.

Quote from: sickwillie on December 11, 2016, 08:54:21 pm
We are also keen for education is class 2A.... so what do you mean by your post?

You've came to the wrong place

sickwillie

Quote from: J.D. on December 12, 2016, 12:36:27 am
You've came to the wrong place

I'm just here to make acquaintances, bud. Learning the reins of 1A basketball

J.D.

December 12, 2016, 12:48:30 am #14 Last Edit: December 12, 2016, 12:52:18 am by J.D.
Quote from: sickwillie on December 12, 2016, 12:41:20 am
I'm just here to make acquaintances, bud. Learning the reins of 1A basketball

Fair enough. 

Useful info on the 1A board is pretty rare in today's day an age. 

High number of trolls, so tread lightly. Take everything you see with a grain of salt because more than likely, it holds no value. 

Best of luck to Hampton this year.

ballmember

is Hampton applying for 1a state?    hope gfws applies. 

sickwillie

Quote from: ballmember on December 12, 2016, 10:09:26 am
is Hampton applying for 1a state?    hope gfws applies.

Ive heard around town that they were. Not totally sure yet.

AA Insider

Not familiar with 1A but if I remember correctly they usually have state tournament north dont they? Hampton would be a great place if they want to bring it south this year. Top notch facility other than no cell service

Central Ark

Usually it's the north or central but Stephens hosted a couple years ago

sickwillie

Quote from: Central Ark on December 12, 2016, 11:25:51 am
Usually it's the north or central but Stephens hosted a couple years ago

I bet that was crowded

fresh_prince

Does anyone know how many people a gym needs to be able to seat in order to have the state tournament. I know hampton held the 2a state tourney a few years ago. I didn't know if it was the same number.

fresh_prince

Who is everyone pulling for and how are yall doing this year so far?

BannerMountainMan

Shirley is 17-3 and remember that name

smackdat014

Hampton would be better off in 2A basketball if they want a state title. 1A is not a classification you are going to run through. Instead of talking crap. Do research. 1A basketball can compete from 1-5A easily.  Bay for instance. Last year the won 1A, beat 2A champ 3, and 5A champ. They also played with some other higher class teams.  Emerson did as well, and Kirby. You have to realize that's all they do all year round.  Hampton may compete, but winning title or semi finals, I don't see it. Them northern teams aren't no joke. Good luck to the bulldogs.

Central Ark

Quote from: sickwillie on December 12, 2016, 11:26:34 am
I bet that was crowded

Think it may have been at SAU. Somebody back me up. 1a state is 1200 I believe.

sickwillie

Quote from: Central Ark on December 12, 2016, 12:42:40 pm
Think it may have been at SAU. Somebody back me up. 1a state is 1200 I believe.

Interesting

Central Ark

bdubyab60

Quote from: smackdat014 on December 12, 2016, 12:08:23 pm
Hampton would be better off in 2A basketball if they want a state title. 1A is not a classification you are going to run through. Instead of talking crap. Do research. 1A basketball can compete from 1-5A easily.  Bay for instance. Last year the won 1A, beat 2A champ 3, and 5A champ. They also played with some other higher class teams.  Emerson did as well, and Kirby. You have to realize that's all they do all year round.  Hampton may compete, but winning title or semi finals, I don't see it. Them northern teams aren't no joke. Good luck to the bulldogs.
It really depends on the team and the match up. 1A, 2A and 3A should be fairly competitive with each other. Even jumping up classifications and beating bigger schools. But as you have seen this year Bay hasn't faired well against the larger schools so far. When EPC was rolling good it didn't matter what classification school they played they had a chance to beat them. Think we beat 5 teams that either won a title or played for one in one of our title years. Bay beat EPC twice last year one blow out and the other a fairly close game and EPC made the final. Year before that EPC was 2-1 against Bay I think and EPC went out first round of state while Bay won the title.

1A usually gets a big jump on 2A and above because they have about 8 to 10 games under their belt already because of football. You then see those schools later in the year winning some of those games once the footballers get in to basketball shape.

But you are correct about the some of these northern schools being tough and Bay will be again this year. They have played a bunch of games back to back against larger schools. Hard to play EPC one night, Jonesboro the next and then BIC.

ballmember

In recent years the state tourney has been hosted in the south also:  SAU at Magnolia, i think Nevada hosted;    Bradley;  and Kirby hosted at Nashville.     

HorseFeathers

Quote from: ballmember on December 12, 2016, 02:41:37 pm
In recent years the state tourney has been hosted in the south also:  SAU at Magnolia, i think Nevada hosted;    Bradley;  and Kirby hosted at Nashville.     

Don't think they know that until this year there were only about 7 out of 50ish schools that were in the south 8)

ballmember

Dont understand your statement, they have been playing them in the south, too many for the number of schools represented.   

dawgpound

Quote from: BannerMountainMan on December 12, 2016, 12:04:43 pm
Shirley is 17-3 and remember that name
havent heard that name in a while that has got to be the curviest road through a town in the world

Hgalum50

Yall do know the conferences are mixed right Hampton will still play in the 2A tourney its awkward they mixed 1A and 2A but they are still a 2A school.

Hgalum50

Well I may be wrong on that last statement I'm still getting used to this mixed crape!

HorseFeathers

Quote from: Hgalum50 on December 13, 2016, 12:00:07 am
Yall do know the conferences are mixed right Hampton will still play in the 2A tourney its awkward they mixed 1A and 2A but they are still a 2A school.

No they aren't

HorseFeathers

1A-8 East
Dermott
Hampton
Hermitage
Sparkman
Strong
Woodlawn

Hgalum50

Yeah after made that post i realized i was wrong. This mix is stupid just leave the conferences the same in my opinion.

dawgpound

I don't like the change if you want football just remain a 2 a school but I guess they are trying to save travel time for some schools

bdubyab60

Donnie Jamon

Monta Thomas gonna give the 1A the business. He takes over basketball games like in football. They will be top 5 team once district tourney starts.

HorseFeathers

I like the 1a size schools being back in 1a....it doesn't make sense to me that football overrules everything....lead hill and some other schools play 4a in soccer...should they bump up just because they offer a sport that some others don't?

dawgpound

Dang that's a big jump for lead hill

HorseFeathers

mijally

Quote from: HorseFeathers on December 13, 2016, 09:11:40 am
I like the 1a size schools being back in 1a....it doesn't make sense to me that football overrules everything....lead hill and some other schools play 4a in soccer...should they bump up just because they offer a sport that some others don't?
There are only 4 classifications in soccer. 4a is the lowest.

sickwillie

Ready to watch this freak show in action. They're gooooood

dawg_days

Quote from: sickwillie on December 15, 2016, 12:39:47 pm
Ready to watch this freak show in action. They're gooooood

When do those rabid dogs take the court?

sickwillie

dawg_days

I hate to go down there. Got a lot of people that aren't fond of me. haha

HorseFeathers

Quote from: mijally on December 13, 2016, 08:40:28 pm
There are only 4 classifications in soccer. 4a is the lowest.

That was my point....bumping up schools because they play a sport not offered in the class their enrollment would place them is ridiculous.

BO_KNOWS

How did Hampton do dec. 19th @ strong?

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas