• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

scores week of 12/12

Started by Catfish, December 06, 2016, 07:26:38 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Thechosen1

December 28, 2016, 02:31:21 pm #50 Last Edit: December 28, 2016, 02:38:28 pm by Thechosen1
Shirley loses to Nemo Vista boys by 3? Doesn't look to be improving any?

yesteryearman

Quote from: BannerChaser95 on December 27, 2016, 12:31:20 pm
Caddo Hills Classic
Kirby boys 68
Mt pine 45
Final

Kirby boys beat Mt Pine (who) and Bay beats EPC....now who will be the favorite come March........

Thechosen1

If bay keeps improving like they have all year, they will beat anybody in 1a and will win it again.

BannerMountainMan

Quote from: Thechosen1 on December 28, 2016, 02:31:21 pm
your right, they started out on top and couldn't have gotten much better and now going downhill, maybe they will pick it up by the end of the year again, just lost a starter to a knee injury, had MRI today, don't know extent to it, you could tell it hurt them today.

Motownsportsfan

WV girls beat Russellville 47 to 42

bball2015

Sr. Girls
Wonderview 47
Russellville 42
Round 1 of Hoops for Hunger tournament in Russellville

BannerChaser95

Quote from: yesteryearman on December 28, 2016, 04:08:09 pm
Kirby boys beat Mt Pine (who) and Bay beats EPC....now who will be the favorite come March........
That's a good win for bay. I forgot that who you play over Christmas break has anything to do with winning a championship. I'm not saying anything against bay. It's a good win. But regardless of who Kirby clocks over break. March has nothing to do with Christmas break! Just my opinion. I think a Kirby bay game would be exciting!

Thechosen1

Well it's looking to be that way come March.

J.D.

Quote from: Thechosen1 on December 28, 2016, 02:31:21 pm

Nemo Vista's boys are really underrated

yesteryearman

Quote from: BannerChaser95 on December 28, 2016, 09:10:10 pm
That's a good win for bay. I forgot that who you play over Christmas break has anything to do with winning a championship. I'm not saying anything against bay. It's a good win. But regardless of who Kirby clocks over break. March has nothing to do with Christmas break! Just my opinion. I think a Kirby bay game would be exciting!

My point is that competition against the likes of EPC and other talented, athletic teams will prepare Bay for Kirby or whoever, much like it did last year.  When Bay  played Guy for the second time they were certainly not awed, and were ready for the tempo and talent of Guy, having played many teams much like Guy.  We all know what the outcome was.  Just saying that playing EPC prepares Bay for Kirby, more than Mt Pine would prepare Kirby for Bay.  Likely Bay/Kirby would be a highly competitive game between two very talented and well coached teams.  I just see that Bay will have played in many games like that and will be better prepared for a game like that.  Time will tell.  Just looking at the facts, which some say has nothing to do with 2016/2107, however, Bay has won, what, five out of last 7 or 8 state championships.  Since I have been watching them, they have won with extreme talent in 2015, and a little less talent in 2016.  This year, having lost McFadden, they are still highly competitive, and it is obvious that along with the great talent of years past they have very high level coaching.  Kirby, has been close thru the years, but to my knowledge have not made it to the championship game.  I may be wrong.  All of this to say, that all thing being equal, the edge goes to Bay.  (Don't anyone forget about Guy, though, if Ballard comes back at full strength.

BannerChaser95

December 29, 2016, 01:01:12 pm #60 Last Edit: December 29, 2016, 01:05:48 pm by BannerChaser95
Quote from: yesteryearman on December 29, 2016, 09:35:08 am
My point is that competition against the likes of EPC and other talented, athletic teams will prepare Bay for Kirby or whoever, much like it did last year.  When Bay  played Guy for the second time they were certainly not awed, and were ready for the tempo and talent of Guy, having played many teams much like Guy.  We all know what the outcome was.  Just saying that playing EPC prepares Bay for Kirby, more than Mt Pine would prepare Kirby for Bay.  Likely Bay/Kirby would be a highly competitive game between two very talented and well coached teams.  I just see that Bay will have played in many games like that and will be better prepared for a game like that.  Time will tell.  Just looking at the facts, which some say has nothing to do with 2016/2107, however, Bay has won, what, five out of last 7 or 8 state championships.  Since I have been watching them, they have won with extreme talent in 2015, and a little less talent in 2016.  This year, having lost McFadden, they are still highly competitive, and it is obvious that along with the great talent of years past they have very high level coaching.  Kirby, has been close thru the years, but to my knowledge have not made it to the championship game.  I may be wrong.  All of this to say, that all thing being equal, the edge goes to Bay.  (Don't anyone forget about Guy, though, if Ballard comes back at full strength.
For sure. I agree with everything you're saying. If you wanna be the best you have to beat the best I do get that. But you do have to understand teams who play lesser competition can still win state. Kirbys plays a soft conference this season, they draw county line in regionals, and I believe they'll catch guy Perkins the 2cnd straight year in the quarter finals. So if this team gets to the ship and loses it has nothing to do with who they play over Christmas break! But I agree  Kirbys boys lost in 05 finals to guy!!

yesteryearman

Quote from: BannerChaser95 on December 29, 2016, 01:01:12 pm
For sure. I agree with everything you're saying. If you wanna be the best you have to beat the best I do get that. But you do have to understand teams who play lesser competition can still win state. Kirbys plays a soft conference this season, they draw county line in regionals, and I believe they'll catch guy Perkins the 2cnd straight year in the quarter finals. So if this team gets to the ship and loses it has nothing to do with who they play over Christmas break! But I agree  Kirbys boys lost in 05 finals to guy!!

Ok, I agree.  If Kirby plays and beats Bay and/ or Guy then they will have earned the trophy, no matter who they play in Nov or December.   By the way, where have you seen the regional/state brackets.  I looked on AAA and did not see them unless I just missed them.

Hero of Twin Groves

Bigleague

Better believe in BAY.     

BannerChaser95

Quote from: yesteryearman on December 29, 2016, 01:23:03 pm
Ok, I agree.  If Kirby plays and beats Bay and/ or Guy then they will have earned the trophy, no matter who they play in Nov or December.   By the way, where have you seen the regional/state brackets.  I looked on AAA and did not see them unless I just missed them.
AAA has a link to max preps with the state brackets showing you the 20 team play off. I'm curious how they plan to play the 4 extra games? Just have the four first round games monday now I guess?

Hurricane

Hoops for Hunger Semi
Wonderview girls beat Pottsville 62-60 in OT.
Play Parkview in finals at 6 tonight!!

BannerChaser95

Kirby girls beat Forman 61-31

Kirby boys 66-43 I think. (First game 1A-2a the boys didn't get s mercy rule. Got to 25) 5 techs during the game!!

Hurricane

Hoops for Hunger Finals
Parkview 73
Wonderview 70
Final in overtime..

yesteryearman

I saw where Parkers Chapel beat Emerson by 20 on Dec 30, and I believe Nevada beat Parkers Chapel by 20+ earlier in the month.  Either Parkers Chapel has improved a lot or things don't look too good for the Pirates down the road.

BasketballFan8680

Parkers Chapel had an excellent game plan going into the game & Emerson seemed not to have an answer. They put a box and 1 on Jefferson & no one from Emerson couldn't really score.

yesteryearman

Quote from: BasketballFan8680 on January 01, 2017, 02:56:59 pm
Parkers Chapel had an excellent game plan going into the game & Emerson seemed not to have an answer. They put a box and 1 on Jefferson & no one from Emerson couldn't really score.

Sounds like the Parkers Chapel coach took a page out of the defensive strategy that Bay used on Revels in the past.  And if Emerson doesn't come up with an answer you can probably look for other coaches to do the same.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas