• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Greers Ferry Lake Classic at West Side

Started by BasketballNeverStops, December 02, 2016, 03:02:58 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

ballmember

catfish, I think a lot of people took your advice and didn't come      Sure needs improvements    However that will be for  someone else to decide.   .  would like for it to be at quitman or greers ferry every year     .  I am sure volunteers that are forced to volunteer at those schools would not like that.

bluedemon

I think the only reason some schools stay in it is because they get to host every 8 years. If it was at the same school every year it would die out very soon.

Catfish

Quote from: ballmember on December 31, 2016, 01:05:32 pm
catfish, I think a lot of people took your advice and didn't come      Sure needs improvements    However that will be for  someone else to decide.   .  would like for it to be at quitman or greers ferry every year     .  I am sure volunteers that are forced to volunteer at those schools would not like that.

I agree that the games times were absolutely awful. I hated them. But others than that, what is so wrong with the tournament? Yes these teams play each other throughout the year anyways but it's still competitive and fun to watch. I would like Heber in Clinton to join though. But they won't.

TheGovernor

If we could somehow have the coaches wrestle in front of the fans before the game then things would get more interesting. You could probably charge $10 a person and fans would still knock down the doors

Eagle_Mom_2

Quote from: TheGovernor on January 01, 2017, 12:03:39 pm
If we could somehow have the coaches wrestle in front of the fans before the game then things would get more interesting. You could probably charge $10 a person and fans would still knock down the doors

Believe it or not, this EXACT event has been discussed recently at our parent and fan meetings. We are delayed right now as we take bids for construction of the wrestling ring. I can tell you from talking to them, our coaches Shane El Dazzler Davis and Cody Suit and Tie Richey will be ready to rumble!!!
First round matches will be El Dazzler vs Cody Egger of Timbo, Suit and Tie Richey vs House of Payne of Nemo Vista, Vladimir Hooten of Quitman vs Bradley the Mauler Moss of Rose Bud, and will conclude with Keith Benny 5 O'clock Shadow Brown of Shirley trying to pin down Justin P's and Q's Rogers of Mount Vernon-Nola.

TheGovernor

SackAttack

Quote from: BasketballNeverStops on December 29, 2016, 03:09:50 pm
Congrats to Quitman Girls and Nemo Boys on great wins. Thank you to both Coach Davis and Coach Richey as well as all the workers at West Side who helped make the tournament a success. Your hospitality was greatly appreciated. I got the opportunity to meet Mr. Charles "The Boss" Brady yesterday and I must say he is a great man and truly a living legend.
The Boss I want to meet him too. Still very much in tune with the modern game from what I hear.

Central Ark

Quote from: SackAttack on January 01, 2017, 08:08:41 pm
THE BOSS I want to meet him too. Still very much in tune with the modern game from what I hear.

Be careful uttering those two words, you'll get banned.

SackAttack

What words?? I guess I dont understand! Did someone edit something in to my post??

HorseFeathers

Quote from: Central Ark on January 01, 2017, 08:36:42 pm
Be careful uttering those two words, you'll get banned.

Wrong two words 8) .... More to it than that as well

Central Ark

SackAttack

Ok somebody is going to have to fill me in here. Anybody??

HorseFeathers

SackAttack

Im still not following this at all!! I wish there was someone that could clue me in. Im pretty new to all this so Id like to know!!

HorseFeathers

Quote from: SackAttack on January 02, 2017, 05:36:16 pm
Im still not following this at all!! I wish there was someone that could clue me in. Im pretty new to all this so Id like to know!!

Stuff from last year...And this past summer

Eagle_Mom_2

Quote from: SackAttack on January 02, 2017, 05:36:16 pm

Mr Sack, there were some pranksters that used to make a lot of ridiculous jokes about Coach Brady...would call him the boss and tell stories,  etc.  Sometimes they were funny but just tried to make us at West Side look dumb. I think it finally just got to be too much and mods banned them or something. The mods do a really good job on these boards

HorseFeathers

Quote from: Eagle_Mom_2 on January 02, 2017, 05:52:28 pm
Mr Sack, there were some pranksters that used to make a lot of ridiculous jokes about Coach Brady...would call him the boss and tell stories,  etc.  Sometimes they were funny but just tried to make us at West Side look dumb. I think it finally just got to be too much and mods banned them or something. The mods do a really good job on these boards

Was a level up from mods....The admins got 'em

BigLion10

SackAttack

Why would anybody make light of Coach Brady??? If the admins shut em down then they must have really went overboard. I mean all these local coaches have nicknames from us fans and it kind of goes with the territory. coaches need to be thickskinned. One of the best was that mcKinley guy from concord and Midland. Coaches need to be more like him and not care what fans say or think. I think thats how Id be if I was ever gonna be a coach. coaches today have chicken skin. Thin Thin Thin! But anyway Coach Brady was the best and if they called him boss well then he probably earned it and wore it with pride.

HorseFeathers

Quote from: SackAttack on January 02, 2017, 06:26:12 pm
Why would anybody make light of Coach Brady??? If the admins shut em down then they must have really went overboard. I mean all these local coaches have nicknames from us fans and it kind of goes with the territory. coaches need to be thickskinned. One of the best was that mcKinley guy from concord and Midland. Coaches need to be more like him and not care what fans say or think. I think thats how Id be if I was ever gonna be a coach. coaches today have chicken skin. Thin Thin Thin! But anyway Coach Brady was the best and if they called him boss well then he probably earned it and wore it with pride.

Was more than that....Can't go into details...They received multiple warnings and plenty of rope to get themselves permanently banned

SackAttack

Well i dont know Coach Brady personally but I find hard to believe that anybody would be disrespectful to an Icon and local legend. I cant see how any of it could be deemed as serious!! He won a state championship in any era when it was hard for the "white" schools to even get out of regionals. Nothing racial there and anybody that knows the 80's and 90's landscape would agree. Ill give proper kudos to the man the myth the legend the boss Coach Charles Brady. and everybody else should too. And on a side note and another thread I hope Westside gets State and both of their teams qualify!!

HorseFeathers

Quote from: SackAttack on January 02, 2017, 06:41:42 pm
Well i dont know Coach Brady personally but I find hard to believe that anybody would be disrespectful to an Icon and local legend. I cant see how any of it could be deemed as serious!! He won a state championship in any era when it was hard for the "white" schools to even get out of regionals. Nothing racial there and anybody that knows the 80's and 90's landscape would agree. Ill give proper kudos to the man the myth the legend the boss Coach Charles Brady. and everybody else should too. And on a side note and another thread I hope Westside gets State and both of their teams qualify!!

I've heard West side isn't bidding

SackAttack

Well maybe Clinton will get it!! Plenty of parking down at the chicken plant or in the pasture at Eoff ranch.  ::) ::) ::)

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas