• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Shirley Success

Started by BannerMountainMan, November 30, 2016, 09:37:36 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

BannerMountainMan

So much hate all the time, it builds confidence

BannerMountainMan

Shirley is 8-1 at home and 10-2 on the road so I'm tired of hearing all the crap about how bad the refs are at Shirley, there's about 15 to 20 different refs in this region and do you really think they change their calls just based on where they are at??

thebigtiger

Are you really talking about refs again at Shirley?
Fired up Coach, fired up players and fired up fans!
We do more with less!

Central Ark

Quote from: BannerMountainMan on December 14, 2016, 07:59:20 pm
Shirley is 8-1 at home and 10-2 on the road so I'm tired of hearing all the crap about how bad the refs are at Shirley, there's about 15 to 20 different refs in this region and do you really think they change their calls just based on where they are at??

Actually yes refs do that. Especially if they have a contract with the school. They'll try to ensure to get a contract the next year.

BannerMountainMan

Quote from: Central Ark on December 14, 2016, 08:09:50 pm
Actually yes refs do that. Especially if they have a contract with the school. They'll try to ensure to get a contract the next year.
just getting a little hot headed because every time we win somebody makes a comment about how bad it is and most of the people complaining are the ones who get beat 25+. Haters gonna hate I guess

SackAttack

Quote from: BannerMountainMan on December 14, 2016, 07:59:20 pm
Dude you and Unc just need to let this go. There is simply no way you can explain this and make it right to anybody outside Shirley. Are you gonna be Ok when you get to quarters or semis and just come to find out that somebody had a second cousin ref your game in which you lose. Your coach would lose his freakin mind. So just let it go! Or dont because I think everybody finds this very amusing. On second thought dont let it go LOL

sevenof400

Quote from: HorseFeathers on December 09, 2016, 06:17:22 am
Zero credibility ? Their system gets skewed bexause 1a starts 2 months before everyone else...as far as the schools being told they have to report scores there I love it. I used to do the conference standings on here before the maxpreps was "forced" upon the schools and it was a NIGHTMARE finding scores and records....and the posters on here wanted to whine and complain about my standings being wrong buy would disappear the moment I asked them to help correct it.....

I know this pain all too well HorseFeathers.  But I do want to add that even with the 'requirement' from AAA that all teams use MaxPreps and post their scores there, there  are still too many finals that do not end up on Maxpreps as well as a good number of incorrect (and out of date) schedules. 

Twitter was often a better resource than Maxpreps...

BannerMountainMan

Quote from: SackAttack on December 14, 2016, 08:18:07 pm
Dude you and Unc just need to let this go. There is simply no way you can explain this and make it right to anybody outside Shirley. Are you gonna be Ok when you get to quarters or semis and just come to find out that somebody had a second cousin ref your game in which you lose. Your coach would lose his freakin mind. So just let it go! Or dont because I think everybody finds this very amusing. On second thought dont let it go LOL
Nobody is even talking about that, do you just like to bring it up for some reason, why do you bash so many teams and love Timbo so much?? Because your team can't cut if for yah?

SackAttack

Not bashing anybody as I am just the casual fan. Shirley has a really good team this year. Enjoy it. Do things right . Read more. Read more slowly. The family reunion is not the place to contract your refs.

mijally

Quote from: BannerMountainMan on December 13, 2016, 09:55:38 pm
Shirley plays in the Battle of the brier 'this weekend, Thursday against Vilonia 5:15, Friday against Maumelle 5:15, and Saturday against Greenbrier at 2:45
I'm a Maumelle fan and I'm hoping to get to Greenbrier to catch a few games in the next few days and hopefully check out Shirley. Looks like you guys are playing some good ball.

BannerMountainMan

Quote from: mijally on December 14, 2016, 08:49:49 pm
I'm a Maumelle fan and I'm hoping to get to Greenbrier to catch a few games in the next few days and hopefully check out Shirley. Looks like you guys are playing some good ball.
not as good as y'all sir! Heard great things about y'all and congrats on last year!! See you there Friday night!! We just lucky to play someone of your caliber! It's an honor

mijally

Quote from: BannerMountainMan on December 14, 2016, 09:04:23 pm
not as good as y'all sir! Heard great things about y'all and congrats on last year!! See you there Friday night!! We just lucky to play someone of your caliber! It's an honor
Thanks for the compliment. Wish I could take credit for the basketball playing but all I can do is come to the games and yell encouragement at the players and boo the refs. Lol. Those 5:15 game times are gonna be a challenge to get to from work but well see. You guys are having a great season. Keep it up.

Eagle_Mom_2

Banner, would love to catch this one if I didn't already have  my session with trainer scheduled.  Will you post score updates?

BannerMountainMan

Quote from: Eagle_Mom_2 on December 14, 2016, 09:20:08 pm
Banner, would love to catch this one if I didn't already have  my session with trainer scheduled.  Will you post score updates?
you know it won't be close! But you know if it is a close game I will be posting because of my big head!

Eagle_Mom_2

Quote from: BannerMountainMan on December 14, 2016, 09:25:54 pm
you know it won't be close! But you know if it is a close game I will be posting because of my big head!
You always have to post, even the rough nights. I know first hand on that here lately. But you never know what could happen. Have to support and represent no matter what the outcome is.

BannerMountainMan

Quote from: Eagle_Mom_2 on December 14, 2016, 09:30:32 pm
You always have to post, even the rough nights. I know first hand on that here lately. But you never know what could happen. Have to support and represent no matter what the outcome is.
westside might actually be my second favorite team! Thanks for the help Eagle mom! We gonna try to atleast get one win this weekend against 5a teams

ZacAttack

Quote from: BannerMountainMan on December 13, 2016, 09:55:38 pm
Shirley plays in the Battle at the Brier 'this weekend, Thursday against Vilonia 5:15, Friday against Maumelle 5:15, and Saturday against Greenbrier at 2:45
Banner, are you going to keep everyone up to date tonight.  Should be interesting to see how Shirley does in the Vilonia rematch!  Pulling for the Class 1A team!

BannerMountainMan

Quote from: ZacAttack on December 15, 2016, 12:53:22 pm
Banner, are you going to keep everyone up to date tonight.  Should be interesting to see how Shirley does in the Vilonia rematch!  Pulling for the Class 1A team!
ill be posting tonight, tomorrow night, and Saturday unless my data runs out HAHA

BannerMountainMan

Shirley up 15-14 end of 1st quarter

BannerMountainMan

Vilonia putting on the gears, Vilonia up 29-23 at half

sevenof400

Thanks for the updates, BannerMountainMan. 

What is (are) your impressions of the game?

BannerMountainMan

Shirley has missed 7 free throws and missing layups and all Vilonia does is shoot threes, they made 16 the first time they played us.

mijally

Quote from: BannerMountainMan on December 15, 2016, 05:43:39 pm
Shirley has missed 7 free throws and missing layups and all Vilonia does is shoot threes, they made 16 the first time they played us.
They did the same thing to us too. They are deadly from long range.

Captain General

Shirley is playing lazy. They look like they are in slow motion. I figure Coach Brown will like a fire at half!

Still only down by 6. Vilonia isn't shooting near as good as the first time around either.

BannerMountainMan

Vilonia up 39-37 going into 4th

mijally

Quote from: BannerMountainMan on December 15, 2016, 06:00:21 pm
Vilonia up 39-37 going into 4th
Vilonia must be cold from the 3 point line.

BannerMountainMan

Shirley pulls it off 53-50, clutch free throws

mijally

VHSCoach2

Shirley and Vilonia have split their two meetings this season now. The only just thing to do is schedule a third.  ;)

ballmember

Shirley dont need to play them again, go on and play someone else.     Which they will.    Hope Maumelle presses the whole game.   Will be fun to watch.    2 more games and then the Greers Ferry Classic.   

mijally

Quote from: ballmember on December 15, 2016, 06:32:00 pm
Shirley dont need to play them again, go on and play someone else.     Which they will.    Hope Maumelle presses the whole game.   Will be fun to watch.    2 more games and then the Greers Ferry Classic.
That is the first time I have ever heard someone say they want Maumelle to press them.

BannerMountainMan

Maumelle won't be able to shoot as good as Vilonia but 400 times more athletic, heard they had a 6'10 guy! And two of the top 10 players around

ballmember

Shirley needs to play pressing teams and get ready for district and regional tourneys.  and hopefully state.  that is why they are playing these games.   Play up when you have a decent team.   

mijally

Quote from: BannerMountainMan on December 15, 2016, 06:37:20 pm
Maumelle won't be able to shoot as good as Vilonia but 400 times more athletic, heard they had a 6'10 guy! And two of the top 10 players around
Right on there my friend. Tremont and Ibby are legit. Are you staying around for the Maumelle game tonight?  I can't make it and want some score updates. You may not realize but the games between Maumelle Greenbrier and Vilonia are going to factor into the conference tournament seedings I believe so they matter more than a regular tournament.

BannerMountainMan

Naw we heading home! They looked good just when they walked in

BannerMountainMan

Quote from: mijally on December 15, 2016, 06:57:00 pm
Right on there my friend. Tremont and Ibby are legit. Are you staying around for the Maumelle game tonight?  I can't make it and want some score updates. You may not realize but the games between Maumelle Greenbrier and Vilonia are going to factor into the conference tournament seedings I believe so they matter more than a regular tournament.
do you know the score to yalls and greenbriers game?

ZacAttack

Quote from: Hero of Twin Groves on December 13, 2016, 10:33:01 pm
Sounds like Shirley is going to lose 3 games real soon.
Not so soon, my friend!  ;)
It sounded like Shirley may have been looking for a little revenge.  And went out a Got It!  Great job representing all of the little schools.  But it sounds like they get a real challenge tomorrow in Maumelle.  Go Class 1A!

mijally

Quote from: BannerMountainMan on December 15, 2016, 09:32:41 pm
do you know the score to yalls and greenbriers game?
Maumelle 62
Greenbrier 29

BannerMountainMan

Quote from: ZacAttack on December 15, 2016, 10:02:54 pm
Not so soon, my friend!  ;)
It sounded like Shirley may have been looking for a little revenge.  And went out a Got It!  Great job representing all of the little schools.  But it sounds like they get a real challenge tomorrow in Maumelle.  Go Class 1A!
gave yah a +1 for that one!! And oh boy that score scares me

HorseFeathers

Quote from: sevenof400 on December 14, 2016, 08:18:56 pm
I know this pain all too well HorseFeathers.  But I do want to add that even with the 'requirement' from AAA that all teams use MaxPreps and post their scores there, there  are still too many finals that do not end up on Maxpreps as well as a good number of incorrect (and out of date) schedules. 

Twitter was often a better resource than Maxpreps...

I use twitter more and more to find scores

Hero of Twin Groves

I'm calling fluke beating Vilonia.

BannerMountainMan

Quote from: Hero of Twin Groves on December 16, 2016, 11:49:22 am
I'm calling fluke beating Vilonia.
i guess it was a fluke beating y'all too. Good one man, we all know Shirley sucks

Captain General

Shirley up on maumelle 37-36 at half.

BannerMountainMan

Well Shirley was up at half, and we were up 4 with halfway through the 3rd quarter, but Maumelle ran away with it, best player got fouled out in 3rd, and refs ran us outta the game

thebigtiger

Uncle must of not been there reffing your brother!  Might be a coincidence
We do more with less!

BannerMountainMan

Quote from: thebigtiger on December 16, 2016, 06:54:40 pm
Uncle must of not been there reffing your brother!  Might be a coincidence
We do more with less!
might be pretty good to be leading the top team in 5a the first three quarters

Captain General

Officiating was questionable, but maumelle is is a very good team. Very athletic.  They rotate their whole team in the game (as you would expect from a 5A school). Shirley just got tired.  They had pressure the whole game!

Over all very impressed with Shirley.  They won't see a team that good in 1A.

thebigtiger

Quote from: BannerMountainMan on December 16, 2016, 06:58:04 pm
might be pretty good to be leading the top team in 5a the first three quarters
Why in the world was your best player in the game with 4 fouls in the 3rd?  Who is the best player that fouled out?
We do more with less!

mijally

Quote from: Captain General on December 16, 2016, 07:04:55 pm
Officiating was questionable, but maumelle is is a very good team. Very athletic.  They rotate their whole team in the game (as you would expect from a 5A school). Shirley just got tired.  They had pressure the whole game!

Over all very impressed with Shirley.  They won't see a team that good in 1A.
Didnt go to the game but if Maumelle got the calls on the road it would be a first. Bryant earlier this year shot 48 free throws to our 16 at their place. Maybe this group of officials heard about that and felt like they owed us.

BannerMountainMan

Quote from: thebigtiger on December 16, 2016, 07:10:20 pm
Why in the world was your best player in the game with 4 fouls in the 3rd?  Who is the best player that fouled out?
We do more with less!
idk but I hope for sure we don't play that coach again, very disrespectful, pressing our 3rd string with their starters with a few minutes left in game just to run up score farther

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas