• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Shirley Success

Started by BannerMountainMan, November 30, 2016, 09:37:36 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

BannerMountainMan

Starting out 13-2 and by the end of the week might be 16-2 if they can escape Guy again, we got the battle of the brier coming up with teams like Vilonia, Maumelle, Greenbrier, we only school under 5a in it I believe

Eagle_Mom_2

Quote from: BannerMountainMan on November 30, 2016, 09:37:36 pm
Starting out 13-2 and by the end of the week might be 16-2 if they can escape Guy again, we got the battle of the brier coming up with teams like Vilonia, Maumelle, Greenbrier, we only school under 5a in it I believe
Sounds like a good old fashioned, 12 round fight of a week coming up. Sure wouldn't want to get in the ring with you all right now.

Warhawkpa80

Shirley is good. They have been knocking out the competition. Well at least giving them a shot. I'll take my birds over your Devils any day. Coaching advantage in our favor so the more we play the more to our advantage.

BannerMountainMan

November 30, 2016, 09:42:00 pm #3 Last Edit: November 30, 2016, 09:44:41 pm by BannerMountainMan
Quote from: Eagle_Mom_2 on November 30, 2016, 09:39:47 pm
Sounds like a good old fashioned, 12 round fight of a week coming up. Sure wouldn't want to get in the ring with you all right now.
Crap forgot about the Eagles! Won't be an easy one either, Perryville tomorrow night  will Be though I think idk

SackAttack

Well like my old grandad used to say if you gotta go down go down swinging. thats what he would say

thebigtiger

Might need to get down there and watch this slug fest!  Good job state champs! TKO to that tournament

Fired up Coach, fired up players and fired up fans
GO TIGERS!

Eagle_Mom_2

Quote from: BannerMountainMan on November 30, 2016, 09:37:36 pm
I'll say this about the boys game...if our boys can keep their barings and not get knocked off their feet early on...might be able to hang around and make a brawl out of it.

SackAttack

Quote from: Eagle_Mom_2 on November 30, 2016, 09:42:44 pm
I'll say this about the boys game...if our boys can keep their barings and not get knocked off their feet early on...might be able to hang around and make a brawl out of it.
Yes the way to beat Shirley is kinda like Ali did to Frazier. Just put a little rope a dope on em and stay away from their ability to knock you out. Survive that big run.

BannerMountainMan

Quote from: Warhawkpa80 on November 30, 2016, 09:41:30 pm
Shirley is good. They have been knocking out the competition. Well at least giving them a shot. I'll take my birds over your Devils any day. Coaching advantage in our favor so the more we play the more to our advantage.
Yessir finals of the GFLC will be a classic!

thebigtiger

I think the state champs will knock their blocks off.  They will bring their A game but Shirley can land some haymakers!
Fired up Coach, fired up pmayerand fired up fans!
GO TIGERS!

SackAttack

I still think they should have it at Clinton every year. Permanent site for obvious reasons

BannerMountainMan

Quote from: SackAttack on November 30, 2016, 09:51:03 pm
I still think they should have it at Clinton every year. Permanent site for obvious reasons
We promote 1a basketball in this forum, 3a is just two forums up sir! But yes huge gym but bad coaching and screwed up system bad man, politics there is not good! School board is not good either

Eagle_Mom_2

Quote from: SackAttack on November 30, 2016, 09:51:03 pm
Clinton's gym isn't bad, however Brady-Hipp Arena will do the trick just fine this year. On the most beautiful side of the lake.

BannerMountainMan

Just can't get loud in Clinton, GFWS is a much much better place, place can actually get full and very loud, gym never got loud in that last tourney

SackAttack

Quote from: BannerMountainMan on November 30, 2016, 09:53:36 pm
We promote 1a basketball in this forum, 3a is just two forums up sir! But yes huge gym but bad coaching and screwed up system bad man, politics there is not good! School board is not good either
Well of course I would expect this from a Shirley fan. I was merely curious as to why we werent included in the GFLC since we sit right here on the darn thing and we DO have the best facilities and hospitality. We would even let yall dress in our very nice very clean dressing rooms. Even your coaches and admin would be welcome to eat in our top of the line hospitality room even next year or the year after when yall arent very good. I was merely asking a question. And for the record OUR coach was one of YOUR coaches prized players if Im not mistaken. I think thats right but correct me if Im wrong.

Bigleague

Isn't Clinton bidding on the state tournament for Shirley?   

BannerMountainMan

Quote from: SackAttack on November 30, 2016, 10:05:40 pm
Well of course I would expect this from a Shirley fan. I was merely curious as to why we werent included in the GFLC since we sit right here on the darn thing and we DO have the best facilities and hospitality. We would even let yall dress in our very nice very clean dressing rooms. Even your coaches and admin would be welcome to eat in our top of the line hospitality room even next year or the year after when yall arent very good. I was merely asking a question. And for the record OUR coach was one of YOUR coaches prized players if Im not mistaken. I think thats right but correct me if Im wrong.
Last night was a great point that I was making, Shirley actually moved the ball around and had some good plays drawn up, Clinton always ran the same play every time and we knew what was coming, and playing and coaching is to big different things

SackAttack

Quote from: BannerMountainMan on November 30, 2016, 10:12:31 pm
Last night was a great point that I was making, Shirley actually moved the ball around and had some good plays drawn up, Clinton always ran the same play every time and we knew what was coming, and playing and coaching is to big different things
Have you ever coached?? Me neither!! I try not to judge those professions that I know nothing about. Now the local concessions at the gyms I can give you a complete run down on those. Ive heard coaches themselves say that coaching is overrated. More about the players and talent. Youll probably understand that a bit better next year and the year after. Ive seen that bench!!

BannerMountainMan

9 deep, Clinton is like 7 deep, I've seen yours

Eagle_Mom_2

Heard a rumor...sounds unorthodox...but I heard Shirley's boys like to warm up for practice everyday with a game of Knock-out. I loved that game as a kid but don't understand why the best Sr high team in the state does it for practice warm-up

Ballhearts

That's false I've seen there practices and it's like a drill camp.

BannerMountainMan

Yep now your just making funny crap up

Catfish

Eagle_Mom_2

Quote from: Ballhearts12 on December 01, 2016, 11:43:22 am
That's false I've seen there practices and it's like a drill camp.
Whoa don't get mad and beat me up or anything.

SackAttack

Quote from: Eagle_Mom_2 on December 01, 2016, 12:37:02 pm
Whoa don't get mad and beat me up or anything.
Lots of hand to hand combat I hear

BannerMountainMan

I know it's just because we have played a lot of games but on Max Prepa it has us as the number 3 team in the state overall and number 1 in 1a, prolly not important but it's pretty cool

Central Ark

Quote from: BannerMountainMan on December 08, 2016, 06:58:27 pm
I know it's just because we have played a lot of games but on Max Prepa it has us as the number 3 team in the state overall and number 1 in 1a, prolly not important but it's pretty cool

This is why Maxpreps rankings can't be taken serious. I don't mind number 1 in 1a, but the overall ranking.

thebigtiger

Not a chance of that!
Fired up Coach, fired up players and fired up fans!
We do more with less!

SackAttack

Anyone giving any credibility to Max Preps loses all credibility in my book. I prefer to read all the various opinions on here eat me a bowl of cheese dip and then form my own opinion. MaxPreps for the uninformed.

ZacAttack

MaxPreps class rankings have some validity, but the state overall ranking is TOTALLY MEANINGLESS.  Many of the biggers chools have not played enough games to give an accurate evaluation.  Shirley's high class ranking is probably due to the large number of wins against a tough schedule; strength of schedule was 2nd highest 1A in state behind Dermott. 

SackAttack

LOL.How does one go about determining any small measure of strength of schedule in Class A basketball that can be applied fairly to all schools. Please share that formula! AAA come up with that too. Strength of schedule in Class A basketball really????? I suspect that the only reason schools are using MaxPreps at all are because theyve been told they have to. Zero credibility

HorseFeathers

Zero credibility ? Their system gets skewed bexause 1a starts 2 months before everyone else...as far as the schools being told they have to report scores there I love it. I used to do the conference standings on here before the maxpreps was "forced" upon the schools and it was a NIGHTMARE finding scores and records....and the posters on here wanted to whine and complain about my standings being wrong buy would disappear the moment I asked them to help correct it.....

HorseFeathers

...btw if you think you can develop a power rating that takes YOUR OPINION out of the equation then by all means do it and then apply it to the thousands of high schools in the U.S and across multiple sports....

BannerMountainMan

Thank you Horse Feathers! We love the ride

Bigleague

Banner.    In the words of Ron burgundy.   You might want to lay low on the message board for awhile.   

SackAttack

Quote from: HorseFeathers on December 09, 2016, 06:17:22 am
Zero credibility ? Their system gets skewed bexause 1a starts 2 months before everyone else...as far as the schools being told they have to report scores there I love it. I used to do the conference standings on here before the maxpreps was "forced" upon the schools and it was a NIGHTMARE finding scores and records....and the posters on here wanted to whine and complain about my standings being wrong buy would disappear the moment I asked them to help correct it.....
Now this I can agree with!!! But still feel MaxPreps has no local credibility at all. Good for biased conversation which in essence is what message boards is all about. My opinion on here is just as important as the next guys. Isnt it????

SackAttack

Quote from: HorseFeathers on December 09, 2016, 06:20:23 am
...btw if you think you can develop a power rating that takes YOUR OPINION out of the equation then by all means do it and then apply it to the thousands of high schools in the U.S and across multiple sports....
this would never happen even if you came up with the perfect solution because of well duh duh duh the all knowing braintrust of high school athletics. You know that overpaid underworked bunch  that shows up to get their picture taken but bails out everytime they get an opportunity to actually make moves that benefit high school sports e.g. super conferences. Now theres a real brainfart for you. And that my friends is typical of their decision making. So this would never ever happen and you know it.

HorseFeathers

Quote from: SackAttack on December 09, 2016, 09:54:14 am
this would never happen even if you came up with the perfect solution because of well duh duh duh the all knowing braintrust of high school athletics. You know that overpaid underworked bunch  that shows up to get their picture taken but bails out everytime they get an opportunity to actually make moves that benefit high school sports e.g. super conferences. Now theres a real brainfart for you. And that my friends is typical of their decision making. So this would never ever happen and you know it.

Problem is the SCHOOLS approved these wack conferences....

SackAttack

Quote from: HorseFeathers on December 09, 2016, 11:44:21 am
Problem is the SCHOOLS approved these wack conferences....
Dont even get me started on school administrators. I could go into great detail for you as to why Superintendents are yes men to the AAA. Heres a hint for you its called nepotism and it exists at the highest level of theState Dept of ED. and the AAA. Supts know where and how the bread is buttered. And I fully realize that this is probably over a lot posters heads but so be it.

Captain General

First time on in 5 years..

Man fearless Friday has gone down hill....

ballmember

the best thing for all concerned is to ignore Maxpreps.  about 5 to 9 teams that could win state, probably none better than the other.      a lot will have to do is where the aaa locates the state tourney.   your superintendents that make up the board , i think, decides that.    home court advantage will be crucial since no team stands out from the others.  Injuries, grades, and many other factors could also be a factor. very few class a gyms large enough for AAA  needs.  I would only have it in a class a gym ,  but i am not looking at the money aspect.   Too many fans think they need to be in their recliner at a gym to watch a ballgame.  Those folks aint fans anyway, but that is their right.  We are losing basketball atmosphere, long what the Class A teams had; that most all of the other classes dont have,  when we moved it to larger venues that dont fill up anyway.  Go to a 4A school and see how many fans they have at most of the schools.  Best atmosphere for state tourneys that i can remember was Hillcrest; Calico Rock and ICC.   It sure wasnt at the college in Magnolia,  which is a great school;  nor many of the other big venues .   I like most on here dont have a vote so it does not matter.   Hope the kids enjoy the process, they are what is important.    Ask them, not the so called fans, aaa and administrators how important atmosphere is. 

With the attitude of the general public and education people at the state level, i can see a schools going away.   That will be when i quit following high school basketball.   

Areyoukiddingme

SackAttack

Quote from: ballmember on December 09, 2016, 12:52:40 pm
the best thing for all concerned is to ignore Maxpreps.  about 5 to 9 teams that could win state, probably none better than the other.      a lot will have to do is where the aaa locates the state tourney.   your superintendents that make up the board , i think, decides that.    home court advantage will be crucial since no team stands out from the others.  Injuries, grades, and many other factors could also be a factor. very few class a gyms large enough for AAA  needs.  I would only have it in a class a gym ,  but i am not looking at the money aspect.   Too many fans think they need to be in their recliner at a gym to watch a ballgame.  Those folks aint fans anyway, but that is their right.  We are losing basketball atmosphere, long what the Class A teams had; that most all of the other classes dont have,  when we moved it to larger venues that dont fill up anyway.  Go to a 4A school and see how many fans they have at most of the schools.  Best atmosphere for state tourneys that i can remember was Hillcrest; Calico Rock and ICC.   It sure wasnt at the college in Magnolia,  which is a great school;  nor many of the other big venues .   I like most on here dont have a vote so it does not matter.   Hope the kids enjoy the process, they are what is important.    Ask them, not the so called fans, aaa and administrators how important atmosphere is. 

With the attitude of the general public and education people at the state level, i can see a schools going away.   That will be when i quit following high school basketball.   
+1

Captain General

Quote from: Areyoukiddingme on December 09, 2016, 12:58:49 pm
It was good at WSGF!

Agreed. 2009 Wsgf put on a great state tournament.

BannerMountainMan

December 09, 2016, 02:29:41 pm #44 Last Edit: December 09, 2016, 02:31:53 pm by BannerMountainMan
I was just saying it was really cool and I put my reasons why it happened so all y'all stop being so defensive. I didn't direct at any team, so stop being jealous gosh dog.

HorseFeathers

State at bradleyvhad a good atmosphere....loved the atmosphere at Hillcrest....it got so loud the night i was there you couldn't talk to the guy next to you.  Gfws was packed for region last year...

SackAttack

GFWS has my vote for what its worth. maybe wed finally get to meet EagleMOm because Im sure the parents would be running the concession stand.

BannerMountainMan

Shirley plays in the Battle of the brier 'this weekend, Thursday against Vilonia 5:15, Friday against Maumelle 5:15, and Saturday against Greenbrier at 2:45

ZacAttack

Quote from: BannerMountainMan on December 13, 2016, 09:55:38 pm
Shirley plays in the Battle of the brier 'this weekend, Thursday against Vilonia 5:15, Friday against Maumelle 5:15, and Saturday against Greenbrier at 2:45
That's quite the step up!  All Class 5A teams and little ole Shirley?  Good luck and make all of us 1A fans proud!

Hero of Twin Groves

Sounds like Shirley is going to lose 3 games real soon.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas