• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Shirley vs Kirby

Started by BannerMountainMan, November 16, 2016, 05:18:03 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

CrispyLips

What does that have to do with comparing the two facilities?

ZacAttack

Quote from: BannerMountainMan on January 20, 2017, 11:35:42 am
i know 9/10 people would rather play in our gym than yalls. Way better atmosphere.
Shirley's gym does have a good atmosphere.  Last season's game against Clinton in Shirley was about as loud as a gym could get.  BUT, watching last season's regional games at Westside was fantastic; great view and comfortable seats.  It is the best 1A gym I have personally visited.

A combination of a good, exciting team and a fantastic arena would be the ideal situation.

thebigtiger

Quote from: BannerMountainMan on January 20, 2017, 11:35:42 am
i know 9/10 people would rather play in our gym than yalls. Way better atmosphere.
WSGF has the best gym in the state in 1A.  No one but Shirley ppl rather play at Shirley than WSGF.  Any word on if there will be any openings in Coaching at WSGF?
Fired up Coach Edgar, fired up players and fired up fans!
Better not count us out just yet!

Baseballer11

Well their boys were 1 of 5 teams in Class A to make State Basketball and baseball last yr. They graduate best 3 players and 1 moved back to concord that would've been 1 of their best this yr, yet there still been pretty competitive including a big win over Guy early in the yr. And seeing how Richey is a hometown boy doubtful any job openings.

SackAttack

Quote from: Baseballer11 on January 21, 2017, 04:51:30 pm
Well their boys were 1 of 5 teams in Class A to make State Basketball and baseball last yr. They graduate best 3 players and 1 moved back to concord that would've been 1 of their best this yr, yet there still been pretty competitive including a big win over Guy early in the yr. And seeing how Richey is a hometown boy doubtful any job openings.
And yet in my opinion there is still a TON of talent in Eagle land in both boys and girls. Maybe they are ready to make a run maybe not.

thebigtiger

I personally think that both coaches do a good job.  Got lots of good things in GFWS.  I was thinking they were looking at greener pastures.  I've heard they have had many good teams and traditions there and their Arena is really nice. 
Fired up Coach Edgar, fired up players and fired up fans!
Better not count us out just yet!

yesteryearman

Quote from: BannerChaser95 on January 19, 2017, 02:02:48 pm
I'm taking Kirby or bay. Kirbys destroying everyone they've played, bays getting good experience with bigger teams. I've said Kirby guy since the start. With out Ballard tho they aren't to hot. Either way Kirbys everyone's 1 or 2? Kinda sounds like a front runner to me!

Shirley vs Kirby at Kirby, Kirby by at least 20.  They are very hard to beat at home.  Neutral court, Kirby still wins by 7.

BannerChaser95

Quote from: yesteryearman on January 21, 2017, 07:18:51 pm
Shirley vs Kirby at Kirby, Kirby by at least 20.  They are very hard to beat at home.  Neutral court, Kirby still wins by 7.
I think Kirby by 20 may be much. But I haven't seen Shirley so I have no clue on them. I know how good kirbys defense is tho!

SackAttack

Shirley gets up to play the good teams but this being on the road I dont know. Wish it was at Shirley so I could drive over and visit at halftime with the locals so I could get their take on what the problem is with the inconsistency. Im sure they have it all figured out.

BannerChaser95

GAME DAY.  And the people of FF said amen!

yesteryearman

Quote from: SackAttack on January 22, 2017, 01:46:19 pm
Shirley gets up to play the good teams but this being on the road I dont know. Wish it was at Shirley so I could drive over and visit at halftime with the locals so I could get their take on what the problem is with the inconsistency. Im sure they have it all figured out.

I don't think it will matter........Kirby's gym will be full, fans loud, and Kirby will be rolling.....Kirby by 12.  Next they beat Nevada by 5 on Nevada's home floor, then beat County Line by 7 in Regional, setting up showdowns with Guy and Bay at Mt Ida.  That's how I see it.

PeedeecreekBoy99

i may be wrong on this one, but i will give it a shot. Shirley boys by 3

BannerMountainMan

I will be making the trip at about 1:30! If anybody wants to go just gimme a call!!

jk

Agree with Kirby having a cake walk until they go to County Line, will be surprised if they win there, on a neutral court I'll take Kirby but not at CL

BannerChaser95

February 02, 2017, 11:49:56 am #64 Last Edit: February 02, 2017, 12:27:20 pm by BannerChaser95
Quote from: jk on February 02, 2017, 11:38:25 am
Agree with Kirby having a cake walk until they go to County Line, will be surprised if they win there, on a neutral court I'll take Kirby but not at CL
must have never been to Nevada on a week night. Hard to win there. Team can hit one little ol lay up or jumper and make a run. I wouldn't say cake walk.

Thechosen1

BannerMountainMan

Any good food at the Arkadelphia, was gonna get me a dollar menu cheeseburger, but I might prefer something nice

SackAttack

Quote from: Daddy eagle on February 02, 2017, 12:35:21 pm
No one wants to ride with you stinky banner boy
Can you only imagine if its rainy and humid and the air dont work! Man!!!

BLUEBLOOD

Quote from: BannerMountainMan on February 02, 2017, 02:59:17 pm
Any good food at the Arkadelphia, was gonna get me a dollar menu cheeseburger, but I might prefer something nice

Burger Barn

BannerMountainMan

Got here and was surprised, feels like I'm playing in the old Scotland gym! It's gonna be great atmosphere!!! Good luck to all!!

BannerChaser95

Quote from: BannerMountainMan on February 02, 2017, 05:20:42 pm
Got here and was surprised, feels like I'm playing in the old Scotland gym! It's gonna be great atmosphere!!! Good luck to all!!
may the best banner win

BannerChaser95

Kirby 12
Shirley 2
4:52 left in 1st

TO Shirley

BannerMountainMan

BannerChaser95

Kirby 22
Shirley 14
End of 1st

Shirley's 23 hits a couple Threes back to back

BannerChaser95

BannerChaser95

Kirby 44
Shirley 31
3:05 in 3rd

TO Kirby

BannerChaser95

Kirby 46
Shirley 38
End of 3

Big 3 from 23 Shirley

BannerChaser95

Kirby 46
Shirley 43

7:30

To Kirby

sideliner

46.43 Kirby lead. 7:25 left in fourth.
Turning into a game!

bhartgen

Keep em coming. Sounds like a good game.

BannerMountainMan

BannerChaser95

Shirley 49
Kirby 47

6:16
TO kirby

bhartgen

BannerChaser95

S 51
K 48

TO Shirley 5:44 left

BannerMountainMan

No they just can't score and 23 has made like 4 3's in a row for us

bhartgen

Shirley have their other guard back yet?

BannerChaser95

Quote from: BannerMountainMan on February 02, 2017, 06:56:28 pm
No they just can't score and 23 has made like 4 3's in a row for us
boys hot.

bhartgen

Thechosen1

Kirby will pull this one out.

BannerChaser95

BannerChaser95

sideliner

These teams play a lot alike. a great game to watch!

BannerChaser95

Kirby missing some easy ones.

bhartgen

Does Shirley have their point guard back from the leg injury?

BannerChaser95

BannerChaser95

56-56

Kirby ball

Kirby possession arrow

Kirby 9 fls
Shirley 7 fls

BannerChaser95

bhartgen

Sounds like a great one!!!

BannerMountainMan

Three HORRIBLE calls late seal this game up for Kirby, no doubt about that!

SackAttack

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas