• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Top Teams 2015-2016

Started by woopig123, April 09, 2015, 11:29:37 am

Previous topic - Next topic

woopig123

who will be the top girls and boys teams for the 2015-2016 season?

NEA Razorback olfan

April 10, 2015, 09:38:47 am #1 Last Edit: April 10, 2015, 10:01:57 am by NEA Razorback olfan
Right now for the girls I'd say
1 Riverview
2 Prairie Grove
3 Star City
4 Pottsville
5 Clinton
6 Malvern

AB loses Hogue
CAC loses Jones & Butler
Ozark loses 5 starters
Pottsville returns a lot
Clinton returns best player
Malvern loses Baker
Prairie Grove returns everyone
Star City loses Hardin
Riverview returns most everyone. Consensus #1 for next year until they lose
This info was from Pass

Brookland will return 2 starters but will have a new coach , so we may have a little adjusting to do ,hard to say where we might fit in right now, I'll know more after a few team camp games hopefully

Bulldog92

Quote from: NEA Razorback olfan on April 10, 2015, 09:38:47 am
Right now for the girls I'd say
1 Riverview
2 Prairie Grove
3 Star City
4 Pottsville
5 Clinton
6 Malvern

AB loses Hogue
CAC loses Jones & Butler
Ozark loses 5 starters
Pottsville returns a lot
Clinton returns best player
Malvern loses Baker
Prairie Grove returns everyone
Star City loses Hardin
Riverview returns most everyone. Consensus #1 for next year until they lose
This info was from Pass

Brookland will return 2 starters but will have a new coach , so we may have a little adjusting to do ,hard to say where we might fit in right now, I'll know more after a few team camp games hopefully
I agree with your top teams NEA.  As young as some of these teams were that made it to the final four this year it will be interesting to see how much they grow and mature between now and next season. 

woopig123

LRRandy

Quote from: woopig123 on May 05, 2015, 09:40:52 pm
any boys predictions?
Arkansas Baptist returns the top 8 players from last years final four team. They will be in the mix. Monticello losses a couple players but returns a few key players if I remember right. Most of the 4-4a losses their best player ( if Luster transfers like rumor has it). How about other conferences?

bdog32

I heard riverview boys looked solid at basketball camp at southside last night

Billie Blue

Quote from: LRRandy on May 13, 2015, 07:08:58 pm
Quote from: woopig123 on May 05, 2015, 09:40:52 pm
any boys predictions?
Arkansas Baptist returns the top 8 players from last years final four team. They will be in the mix. Monticello losses a couple players but returns a few key players if I remember right. Most of the 4-4a losses their best player ( if Luster transfers like rumor has it). How about other conferences?
Monticello is going to lose 3 starters but are returning 2 of the top scorers

purplecrush91

Ozark has a good defensive scheme this season with some pretty good scorers

Legend

If they dont live and die by the 3 they will be just fine!

AT

NEA, I got to watch Clinton tonight. That's going to be a tough conference with Clinton, Pottsville, and Ozark in girls.

NEA Razorback olfan

November 10, 2015, 11:02:23 pm #10 Last Edit: November 10, 2015, 11:04:37 pm by NEA Razorback olfan
Quote from: Almatrackster on November 10, 2015, 10:26:40 pm
NEA, I got to watch Clinton tonight. That's going to be a tough conference with Clinton, Pottsville, and Ozark in girls.

Thanks for the info, I agree from what I saw at State last year,and heard this year they have a very good region!!

But our region has CAC, Riverview, Lonoke.. So it's not easy over here either.
Some injuries have really hurt us , if we can get Rachel Gramling back before districts to go along with Bailey Lovrien who is one of the best players in this area, we will be young but I believe we can make a run.

Legend

Im glad they dont start conference play til after Christmas break. Gives teams plenty of time to get the kinks out.

Razorhummer

Southside Batesville Southerners Sr. High have a really good team but the Jr. boys are very good. Last season they didn't lose a game and probably will not lose any this season. The starting 5 are 5'11, 6'2, 6'3, 6'3, and 6'4. They beat the Sr. High easily and I can see several state titles for them in the years ahead.

NEA Razorback olfan

Quote from: Razorhummer on November 19, 2015, 09:47:20 am
Southside Batesville Southerners Sr. High have a really good team but the Jr. boys are very good. Last season they didn't lose a game and probably will not lose any this season. The starting 5 are 5'11, 6'2, 6'3, 6'3, and 6'4. They beat the Sr. High easily and I can see several state titles for them in the years ahead.

Why wasn't they moved up to Sr high?

Saints23

Dardanelle is very overrated. They have one player thats decent and no one else would even start at a school like Arkansas Baptist

pridgehog

Quote from: Saints23 on November 20, 2015, 09:20:19 am
Dardanelle is very overrated. They have one player thats decent and no one else would even start at a school like Arkansas Baptist
They have another very good athlete that I believe wears goggles. Not a great player but very strong and Athletic. Maybe the running back for the Fottball team but not sure...

Razorhummer

Quote from: NEA Razorback olfan on November 19, 2015, 10:04:48 am
Quote from: Razorhummer on November 19, 2015, 09:47:20 am

Why wasn't they moved up to Sr high?
They want to keep the Jr. High together and is a smart move in my opinion. When district is over they'll probably be playing with the Sr. High.

dtown

Quote from: Saints23 on November 20, 2015, 09:20:19 am
They're called role players. And they do what it takes to win. ;)

Legend

Dardanelle has a great coach leading them. He was a great defender in HS so he knows how to win games.

BigMan15

The conference will be too much for Dardenelle. I look for AB to roll but Dardenelle could possibly sneak into the state tourney if the cards fall the right way!!

WPWells

Ozark girls appear to be good again

Bulldog92

tacomeat

Riverview girls stay unbeaten - winning the Cabot Pre-Holiday tournament tonight. Beating Cabot at their place 46-42.

Nip/Tusk

Pg and riverview are on a collision course. Wonder if they would be on the same side of the bracket in the semis.

Either way, these are the favorites.

NEA Razorback olfan

December 12, 2015, 08:36:28 pm #24 Last Edit: December 12, 2015, 08:40:09 pm by NEA Razorback olfan
Quote from: Josh Louin on December 12, 2015, 08:26:38 pm
Pg and riverview are on a collision course. Wonder if they would be on the same side of the bracket in the semis.

Either way, these are the favorites.

I would say  Riverview, PG , and Star City are the top 3 right now.
With Ozark, Huntsville, Pottsville and Gentry rounding out top 7

prHOG13

Riverview boys looked good this weekend. Lacking size inside, but they've got some great guards and shooters, and that press is salty. A lot of senior leadership as well. They came back and beat Pea Ridge in their house after falling behind by 14. PR will be a good team too, but also lacks size. Some great perimeter shooters though, and a couple kids that should make all-state. No seniors on the team right now

pridgehog

Riverview beating Providence really proved that they can win without having a ton of size. They went to Greenbrier and won too. Pea Ridge will be much better in a month once the boys from Football get their legs. Huntsville is gonna be very tough as well. Not having a ton of size can sometimes be the advantage. Having 5 guys that can handle the ball is huge. Huntsville won it all about 5 years ago with a bunch of guys around 6 foot to 6 foot 1.

Nip/Tusk

Huntsville had a 6'7 starter on that state title team.

pridgehog

Quote from: Josh Louin on December 14, 2015, 08:03:53 pm
Huntsville had a 6'7 starter on that state title team.
You would have to give me his name, I remember watching them play and I never saw a 6'7 kid. Or anybody even close to that... Maybe we are talking about a different year. Jonesboro Westside won it Mickleson's senior year so it was the year before that that I am talking about. Maybe 2009?

Nip/Tusk

Well huntsville only has won one state title. And that team had a 6'7 starter. Robinson I believe.  Had a real tall sister that played for the girls.

Not to mention the other post to go along with him was probably 6'2, but about 220 lbs of solid muscle.

The Coach

December 24, 2015, 12:16:38 am #30 Last Edit: December 24, 2015, 12:19:33 am by The Coach
Huntsville won state in 06-07 season. Lost 1 game to pg in the district tourney. Cooper Trumbo was the best player and he was about 6'1. Evan Robinson was a 6'7 post player on that team. They only played 6 guys period. 

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas