• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

2014-15 4A Regional Brackets Released

Started by woodpeckerfsm, January 28, 2015, 08:16:18 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

woodpeckerfsm

Instead of posting them blank now, I am linking to the AAA Website.

That way, it will be updated when brackets are filled and when games are played.

Enjoy.

Class 4A
http://members.ahsaa.org/public/userfiles/Basketball/2015/BRACKETS/REGION/BB_4ARegionBracket_2015.pdf

think

So, in looking at the paper this past weekend it lists every district and their tourney site. Except district 8 which doesn't seem to have a district tourney. How can AAA have every other district in 4A play a district tourney except one? That's really a terrible way of scheduling. Unfair to the other districts having to compete again to make regional and unfair to teams 5-8 in (their) conference by not giving them an opportunity to complete in district.

SouthpawSensation

Quote from: think on February 09, 2015, 10:13:44 pm
So, in looking at the paper this past weekend it lists every district and their tourney site. Except district 8 which doesn't seem to have a district tourney. How can AAA have every other district in 4A play a district tourney except one? That's really a terrible way of scheduling. Unfair to the other districts having to compete again to make regional and unfair to teams 5-8 in (their) conference by not giving them an opportunity to complete in district.

District tournaments are up to the conferences themselves, and not by the AAA. By not playing a district tournament, the 4A-8 gets an extra week to play conference games, which is particularly helpful to those teams that go deep into the football playoffs.

think

oldballer

Quote from: SouthpawSensation on February 09, 2015, 10:46:54 pm

District tournaments are up to the conferences themselves, and not by the AAA. By not playing a district tournament, the 4A-8 gets an extra week to play conference games, which is particularly helpful to those teams that go deep into the football playoffs.
It also guarantees that the top 4 teams from your conference go to regionals. You don't have to worry about an 8 seed getting hot and winning 3 games and making it to regionals. Also puts more meaning on the regular season. If you go 1 - 13 during the regular season I don't think you deserve to go to regionals.

think

Quote from: oldballer on February 19, 2015, 04:15:29 pm
Quote from: SouthpawSensation on February 09, 2015, 10:46:54 pm

It also guarantees that the top 4 teams from your conference go to regionals. You don't have to worry about an 8 seed getting hot and winning 3 games and making it to regionals. Also puts more meaning on the regular season. If you go 1 - 13 during the regular season I don't think you deserve to go to regionals.

Completely understand your point and can't say that I disagree. My complaint is that every district should be the same. The path to State should be consistent between all districts.

Bulldog92

I can't believe the 8-4A is the only conference to not play a district tournament!!  Look at what happened in the 7-4A tonight, 1&2 in conference got upset tonight

noonerricky

District tournaments are pointless. This is coming from someone who was on a team that was an 8 seed and made it to regionals. I would just rather take 4 teams from each conference and play a state tournament out of it.

elvis26

;D I agree!!!!!!!!! I think the top 4 teams from each conf deserve to go to the state tournament but several teams don't when you have a district tournament it is a big chance that several top 4 teams will not make it to state!!!!! it needs to change soon!!!!!!!!!!!

OldTimeCager

Another viewpoint is that it gives a chance to take care of unique situations that happen during the season.  A key player could be injured and a team that did well during the season, but is considerably weaker at tournament time could be eliminated in the district tournament.  Or vice versa, a team that was missing a key player during the early part of the season could be the better team in the league and the tournament gives them a chance to make regionals now that their best player has returned.  Or, could be a situation where key players have quit or been kicked off the team.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas