• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

4-3A

Started by 1-Adam-12, November 09, 2015, 03:46:26 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

1-Adam-12

Sounds like it will be an exciting year with multiple teams having a lot of optimism!

Annnnnnd.....go!

1-Adam-12

November 09, 2015, 09:18:45 pm #1 Last Edit: November 09, 2015, 09:22:21 pm by 1-Adam-12
Booneville Jr Boys over Lavaca 34-15.  Booneville has had 4 move-ins, including a 6-5 from FL and a 6-2 from Mansfield.  Ulmer took charge of the game in the 2nd quarter and another of our move-ins (from GW) had a good night.  Very deep at all positions this season.

Lavaca girls win over Booneville 29-15.  BJH started 2 9th graders, 2 8th graders and a 7th.  Most of the team is 8th graders. May take our lumps against experienced teams this season.  Lavaca is one of those teams.

BigMan15

Is the kid from Mansfield an 8th grader?

1-Adam-12

I think he's a 9th grader.

BigMan15

Does it appear they will compete for the conference championship? How good is the 6'5 kid..is he better than Charlestons bigs or Lamars?

mudd puddle

Quote from: BigMan15 on November 09, 2015, 10:50:37 pm
Does it appear they will compete for the conference championship? How good is the 6'5 kid..is he better than Charlestons bigs or Lamars?

Lamar big is moved up

OLDSCHOOL82

Can't answer that for you as I haven't seen the other two.  He has been playing AAU most recently in Florida, and texas, Cali before that.  His dad is a Booneville grad.

BigMan15

Quote from: mudd puddle on November 09, 2015, 10:54:30 pm

Lamar big is moved up
That's a smart move. He will give Lamar some size besides Blake. Honestly with Booneville I don't understand if they a have size in Jr high why they wouldn't move them up to help SR high.

Hitman Warrior23

Quote from: BigMan15 on November 10, 2015, 08:34:01 am

Lamar big is moved up
That's a smart move. He will give Lamar some size besides Blake. Honestly with Booneville I don't understand if they a have size in Jr high why they wouldn't move them up to help SR high.

Especially after losing Davenport in Sr High

Kitty01

I think c-town boys will run through this conference with no problem. Caudle is a straight up beast can do it all, fenner big kid that can do it all, best shooter in the conference, Kenner kid smart athletic kid who can shoot and sees the floor really well, fisher kid true point Gard who can do it all very good finisher, the Rowland kid is a smart player with a nice shot and a tough kid that will rebound. All the kids would start on every team in the 4-3a. It should be a undefeated season for c-town 

BigMan15

Heard Paris boys lost to CL last night. County Line appeared to be down in Jr high this year. Anybody have any details?

Kitty01

Not surprised Paris lost there best player off the jr high and sr high team from last year they moved back to c-town

Kitty01

Cl is always well coached

BigMan15

Yes but talent is not there this year like in years past. They have a good shooter and a good guard and that's about it. No size no depth

Kitty01

I see ur point, but Paris is always got more talent football and basketball but never win why? Coaching, jmo but I would take coaching over talent any day

1-Adam-12

November 10, 2015, 04:03:27 pm #15 Last Edit: November 10, 2015, 04:11:17 pm by 1-Adam-12
Booneville will give most teams trouble.  As I said deep at all positions (I think we can go 10-11 deep without losing a lot), and Ulmer is capable of taking a game over.

Booneville doesn't move up 9th graders unless there's no equivalent jr. high sport, except for track/CC. We can move them up for baseball/softball and golf.  But not for football, basketball or volleyball.

That might change in the future.  A 7th grader was moved up to the main junior high girls basketball team, and that had never happened before in a ball sport.  So there's a first time for everything.

BigMan15

For sure it should change. Winning JR high or even being competetive means almost nothing compared to a better SR high team STATE CHAMPIONSHIP. Plus the fact of the experience the kid would gain. Brandon is the player he is today because of being moved up. Jordan being moved up as a 7th grader and starting on Jr high last year helped him mature and become a stronger smarter and better player.

1-Adam-12

I hope that works out for Jadyn like it has with the two Fenners. 

We start Jadyn along with two 8th and two 9th graders but a lot of 8th graders are getting some good court time. I think we'll do pretty well this season, but next season I expect the girls to be more well versed in skills and have a very good season.  They're not bad as they are.

1-Adam-12

Jr. Boys and Girls both lost at Waldron tonight.

For some reason the girls just aren't clicking yet.  I'm sure they'll get it together.

The boys were without Ulmer who was sick tonight and maybe they were pressing a bit trying to make up for it.

Earl White Classic in Hackett next week for the jr. Cats and LadyCats.

BigMan15

What was the score and any stats

1-Adam-12

Girls 43-20 boys 48-30.

Both Booneville teams had a ton of turnovers and the girls couldn't do anything from the line, I think 4-29 or something like that.  (Ouch!)

Waldron's boys are pretty good but I think with Ulmer in for Booneville, it would have been much closer.  We made a lot of hay inside when we could get it there.

I am sure there was a lot of free throw practice on Friday.

RTF

Quote from: Kitty01 on November 10, 2015, 12:34:23 pm
I see ur point, but Paris is always got more talent football and basketball but never win why? Coaching, jmo but I would take coaching over talent any day
[/quote\]

Says the coaches wife....

1-Adam-12

November 17, 2015, 09:42:01 pm #22 Last Edit: November 18, 2015, 07:31:25 am by 1-Adam-12
Booneville Jr Girls beat Hackett 43-39 in 4 OT.
The Booneville boys won by 2.

BigMan15

Charleston JR Boys 49
Lincoln 29
The girls also won by around 15-20.

mudd puddle

Quote from: BigMan15 on November 18, 2015, 07:05:13 am
Charleston JR Boys 49
Lincoln 29
The girls also won by around 15-20.

This Ozark tourney should give yall some needed competition.  Great job on both wins last night.

Hitman Warrior23

Ozark Jr Girls are pretty stout!

1-Adam-12

November 19, 2015, 11:19:49 pm #26 Last Edit: November 20, 2015, 10:37:02 pm by 1-Adam-12
Booneville boys advance to finals of Earl White Classic in Hackett with win over Cedarville by 9 or so. Play County Line in finals Saturday.
The girls lose to County Line by about 15. Will play Cedarville for 3rd place.

Bearcatpride

Quote from: BigMan15 on November 10, 2015, 08:34:01 am

Lamar big is moved up
When you look to move kids up, you also have to consider their age.  With Booneville's 6'5" move in, he is only 14 and won't be 15 until March.  He can hold his own especially on Defense as he is averaging 2 to 3 blocks per game through the first 4 games of the season.  His offense is good but he is still learning to play with new teammates since he has only been in school at Booneville for 3 weeks now.

BigMan15

A lot of it deals with how much they have played in the past and their IQ. For example a kid that plays summer ball or aau tends to understand the game better due to playing more also if they are a 1 sport player. But with a kid from a different state would have a hard time adjusting period without basketball. With my kids they are some of the youngest in their grades but all they do is basketball 24/7. So in the summer they play hard competion which gets them ready for the season.

Bearcatpride

Quote from: BigMan15 on November 21, 2015, 12:53:57 am
A lot of it deals with how much they have played in the past and their IQ. For example a kid that plays summer ball or aau tends to understand the game better due to playing more also if they are a 1 sport player. But with a kid from a different state would have a hard time adjusting period without basketball. With my kids they are some of the youngest in their grades but all they do is basketball 24/7. So in the summer they play hard competion which gets them ready for the season.
Booneville's 6'5" kid has played now for 10 years ranging from church league, rec league, school and AAU.  He understands the game very well but is also a 2 sport player.  He has also never been a small player as he has always been the biggest in his class and on his teams and has never had that awkward/clumsy growth spurt. The biggest obstacle is for everyone to learn to play with a big guy in the middle when they have never had that before.  There is also a learning curve for him as well due to the styles of basketball coaching being quite different between Texas to California to Florida and now Arkansas.  It will take a little time but once the team and him learn each other and have full on trust then they should really gel together.

Hitman Warrior23

Anyone see two rivers girls lately? Who and where have they been playing?

The Chief CL

Quote from: 1-Adam-12 on November 19, 2015, 11:19:49 pm
Booneville boys advance to finals of Earl White Classic in Hackett with win over Cedarville by 9 or so. Play County Line in finals Saturday.

Can you give us an update on how the tournament ended up?

Bearcatpride

Quote from: The Chief CL on November 24, 2015, 06:04:56 am
Quote from: 1-Adam-12 on November 19, 2015, 11:19:49 pm

Can you give us an update on how the tournament ended up?
In the Girls Bracket
1st County Line
2nd Trinity
3rd Cedarville
4th Booneville

In the Boys Bracket
1st County Line
2nd Booneville

OLDSCHOOL82

^ I believe he knew the answer, just wanted someone to say CL won.

mudd puddle

Quote from: OLDSCHOOL82 on November 24, 2015, 03:09:52 pm
^ I believe he knew the answer, just wanted someone to say CL won.

Wow. Ha that's sorta funny!

Clara Allen

Lamar looked pretty good against Atkins last night.
The girls are solid and are deep on the bench.  Coach can sub 1-about 13 and not lose any power.  One starter out right now due to injury, but she will be back pretty soon.

The boys are relying heavily on 8th graders.  Our big freshman played last night- hasn't moved up yet. First game out of football of him.  He looked solid underneath.  There is an 8th grader who is about 6'1 or 2 who had a great game under the basket last night.  A huge difference from last year.  Bench not as deep as the girls, but Coach is not one to do a lot of subbing- maybe four at the most.

Hitman Warrior23

Atkins has a key injury to their girls team, but they came to fight last night for sure both boys and girls.!

Hitman Warrior23

ANYTHING ON TWO RIVERS?

1-Adam-12

Booneville gets their post-Thanksgiving slate off on the right track with a sweep of Mansfield tonight.  37-32 girls, 45-27 boys.

Headed to Lamar Monday.  I know that's going to be a tough assignment for our girls but I also know they will battle hard.  Boys have height and depth, might be a pretty good season.

Hitman Warrior23

Quote from: 1-Adam-12 on December 04, 2015, 10:00:42 pm
Booneville gets their post-Thanksgiving slate off on the right track with a sweep of Mansfield tonight.  37-32 girls, 45-27 boys.

Headed to Lamar Monday.  I know that's going to be a tough assignment for our girls but I also know they will battle hard.  Boys have height and depth, might be a pretty good season.

Good luck to yall tonight (just not to much luck haha) we need pushed before thursday for sure!

1-Adam-12

Thanks! 

I've made it here. Really like the way the floor has been redone.

Clara Allen

Quote from: 1-Adam-12 on December 07, 2015, 04:45:40 pm
Thanks! 

[/quote

Thanks!   I had nothing to do with it but it does look pretty good!

mudd puddle

Quote from: 1-Adam-12 on December 07, 2015, 04:45:40 pm
Thanks! 

Thank you.   How did games go Tonight

1-Adam-12

December 07, 2015, 09:15:47 pm #43 Last Edit: December 07, 2015, 09:20:11 pm by 1-Adam-12
Lamar girls and Booneville boys won. Sportsmanship rule applied in both games.

The girls played hard but couldn't do much with the twin towers in the middle. I think for the most part our 7th grader (#24) held her own against Sanders. We play a lot of 8th graders too. In fact #22 is the only freshman in the normal rotation.

It was just about the reverse in the boys game. Our bigs dominated. The 6-5 kid went for 16 and 7 and showed a bit of touch tonight.

Clara Allen

Quote from: 1-Adam-12 on December 07, 2015, 09:15:47 pm

The girls played hard but couldn't do much with the twin towers in the middle. I think for the most part our 7th grader (#24) held her own against Sanders. We play a lot of 8th graders too. In fact #22 is the only freshman in the normal rotation.

It was just about the reverse in the boys game. Our bigs dominated. The 6-5 kid went for 16 and 7 and showed a bit of touch tonight.

Missed the fight as I was in the coaches office when it happened.   Unfortunate for both sides.  I hate it when something like that happens.

1-Adam-12

December 07, 2015, 10:41:58 pm #45 Last Edit: December 07, 2015, 10:50:20 pm by 1-Adam-12
I was entering the basket our kid made on my Palm and then I saw the tussle.  Could not tell you what started it.  Can not condone that behavior.  Players in a blowout, or any, situation need to keep a cool head.

To clarify, the kid that scored was not the one in the ruckus.  That happened away from the play.

mudd puddle

December 07, 2015, 10:47:33 pm #46 Last Edit: December 07, 2015, 10:56:38 pm by mudd puddle
Quote from: 1-Adam-12 on December 07, 2015, 09:15:47 pm

I talked to a few people and lakyn father  I know Lakyn (Sanders ) was supposed to just work the ball today, to get the bigs good looks,  no clue if she struggled doing that I know at Hector she did the same thing just moderate scoring,  but good passing   Who knows I was at the Sr high game. I do know our bigs are big and getting better every game.  Heard several scored today.  We will see what we got Thursday.   We are bigger, I don't see them  getting to our guards. We will see.

mudd puddle

Yes we're very young as well. Only 1 9th grader a post player.  And everyone else 8th and some 7th.

1-Adam-12

That is what happened, and Sanders did a very good job at it.  I think she had 4 or 5 assists. 

We had no one that could match up with Lamar's bigs.  Our two go 5-9, 5-10 but both are 8th graders just learning how to compete in the post. 

I was proud of our girls for continuing to be aggressive and drive to the hole even though they got blocked a lot.  This will help in later games against teams with less size.

mudd puddle

Quote from: 1-Adam-12 on December 07, 2015, 10:56:28 pm
That is what happened, and Sanders did a very good job at it.  I think she had 4 or 5 assists. 

We had no one that could match up with Lamar's bigs.  Our two go 5-9, 5-10 but both are 8th graders just learning how to compete in the post. 

I was proud of our girls for continuing to be aggressive and drive to the hole even though they got blocked a lot.  This will help in later games against teams with less size.

Yes you are correct not many teams go 6 foot plus starting in the lane in Jr high. 'll go to the next game.   Just both ages played today.    I heard the Booneville  boys lookd very stout.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas