• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Alma 9th Grade Boys team

Started by ahsalum, November 25, 2014, 08:29:54 am

Previous topic - Next topic

ahsalum

For those of you in the River Valley area...I encourage you to get out and watch this team.Whether it's Alma, Greenwood VB or FS...everyone needs to see this bunch. One of the most complete 9th grade teams I've ever seen....Probably the best 9th grade, all white boy, team too.....not being racist....just saying that these kids can ball.

Led by Brayden Johnson, a 6'2 point guard, wingman, post man, whatever he plays, he's the do it all guy. Kid has a really high BB IQ and sees the court like a college player.....Garrison Jenson point guard 6'0 or 6'1 Mr shake n bake....kid has an extremely high IQ as well...he can handle the ball and distribute it...him and Brayden are fun to watch on fast breaks. Kade Wood...6'5 postman who has an extremely unlimited upside....poses a great shot blocking ability underneath the basket...coming along nicely as an offensive threat too. Christian Stahler 6'2 or maybe 6'3 now...wingman who can shoot the lights out of the gym and with his height, makes him a deadly weapon, can also take it to the hole. Has gotten a lot stronger in that regard this year. Ged Dyer, 5'9ish? scrappy scrappy defender. Wheels never stop turning on this kid, the ultimate hustler, gets a ton of defensive deflections and steals. Extremely fast in transition.

And with Eddie Corder directing this plethora of talent....the sky is the limit for them. I think they have the best chance of any school to win the NWA Regional this year.....time will see.

Coachbanks12

Is this Eddie Corder from Hot Springs? Son of the great Coach Alvin Corder? If it's him I believe this because Eddie could ball back in his day and the Coaching is in his DNA.

ahsalum

Quote from: Coachbanks12 on November 25, 2014, 11:16:28 am
Is this Eddie Corder from Hot Springs? Son of the great Coach Alvin Corder? If it's him I believe this because Eddie could ball back in his day and the Coaching is in his DNA.

That would be him. I think he can still ball.

He thinks he's a great ping pong player too but we won't talk about that......I have a feeling he will be reading this and grinning.....

AT

Steve, what's their record now? I know it's at least 3-0, have they played any tournaments?

ahsalum

Quote from: Almatrackster on November 30, 2014, 05:14:00 pm
Steve, what's their record now? I know it's at least 3-0, have they played any tournaments?

3-1 I believe. They got beat in the finals of the Russellville tourny by Darby. Don't know what happened. I do know that we didn't have Kade Wood(6'5 kid) in the second half. Went out with back spasms. Don't know if that had any bearing on the game or not.

ahsalum

Alma vs FS Darby tomorrow night.

Should be a knife fight.....

Will be a great Jr. High game to watch....

I may light a cig during this one....

ahsalum

Beat Darby last week and got beat by Kimmons Monday night in the arena....Gonna blame that loss on the air currents.....they were strong....we went 15/30 from the free throw line...ouch.

Play at VB tonight...

modder

Is Alma playing in the Van Buren tournament after Christmas?

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas