• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

State & Regional Sites

Started by Head Lion, January 03, 2014, 08:58:36 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

WPWells

It's been in the northeast plenty. The last time a small school in northwest Arkansas hosted was Danville 10 years ago

BananaHands501

somecoach...

neds

ISU7

Quote from: chuckBB on January 17, 2014, 07:26:26 am
Quote from: ISU7 on January 16, 2014, 11:39:39 pm
Quote from: -Painted Fan- on January 16, 2014, 09:37:59 pm
S
Quote from: Radiotalker on January 16, 2014, 07:18:15 pm
why can't state tournaments be neutral sites?

Sour grapes.
The tourney was at Newark when Pangburn was really good.
The tourney was at Cave City when Cave City was really good.
The tourney was at Imboden (Sloan-Hendrix) when Buffalo Island Central was really good.
The tourney was at Jessieville when Jessieville was really good.
I can't begin to count the number of times it has been held in Searcy, when Harding Academy and/or Riverview was really good- about every other year.
Suck it up buttercup.
So why is it in Charleston if all those other teams were really good..lol
What I hear is that Charleston people are very nice people. They are wanting to have State Tournament at Charleston because they are trying to raise money for the poor kids in Africa from concession stand. Such a nice people. You should come and contribute to the cause.
Why don't they give the money to those mentally ill kids that shoot up the schools you should contribute. big time.

TeeLee

Quote from: ISU7 on January 17, 2014, 08:18:04 pm
S

Sour grapes.
The tourney was at Imboden (Sloan-Hendrix) when Buffalo Island Central was really good.
I can't begin to count the number of times it has been held in Searcy, when Harding Academy and/or Riverview was really good- about every other year.
Suck it up buttercup.
What I hear is that Charleston people are very nice people. They are wanting to have State Tournament at Charleston because they are trying to raise money for the poor kids in Africa from concession stand. Such a nice people. You should come and contribute to the cause.
Why don't they give the money to those mentally ill kids that shoot up the schools you should contribute. big time.

In that case ISU7, you all would be collecting all the money.   ;D

Head Lion

Quote from: somecoach... on January 17, 2014, 11:57:54 am
http://members.ahsaa.org/public/userfiles/news/spring14media.pdf

this will tell you all you need to know
Why dont the Bergman Sup just move everything to Harrison, only dang place to eat after 6 pm is the golden arches.

Bias

You can have it around Texarkana. If Manila is in it the fans will be there.

Bergman1820

January 18, 2014, 04:36:41 am #108 Last Edit: January 18, 2014, 04:41:12 am by vstigerz
Quote from: Head Lion on January 18, 2014, 12:05:18 am
Quote from: somecoach... on January 17, 2014, 11:57:54 am
http://members.ahsaa.org/public/userfiles/news/spring14media.pdf

this will tell you all you need to know
Why dont the Bergman Sup just move everything to Harrison, only dang place to eat after 6 pm is the golden arches.

The Golden Arches are in Harrison. Lots of restaurants open after 6. Also Branson is just a hop skip and a little jump up 65 N.

Head Lion

Branson is for kids & old blue hair ladies. Harrison a good town, just kinda boring after they roll the sidewalks up.

ISU7

Quote from: TeeLee on January 17, 2014, 11:30:14 pm
S

Sour grapes.
Suck it up buttercup.

With a kindergarten name like Tee Lee we might get the money but you can rest assure it'll be all for you..Ill send it money gram. lol

TeeLee

Quote from: ISU7 on January 18, 2014, 11:39:56 am
Quote from: TeeLee on January 17, 2014, 11:30:14 pm
S

Sour grapes.
Suck it up buttercup.

With a kindergarten name like Tee Lee we might get the money but you can rest assure it'll be all for you..Ill send it money gram. lol

Well young man don't let a name fool you.  When I started school there was no such thing as kindergarten, so go google that.  But you can go ahead and send that money gram, I can use it in my retirement.

Bias

Before the three point line,metal goals,and glass backboards lol

TeeLee

Quote from: Bias on January 19, 2014, 08:04:11 am
Before the three point line,metal goals,and glass backboards lol

Yes to all of the above, well maybe not the metal goals.

ISU7

lol how bout the chained nets..lol  8)

HorseFeathers

I hear teelee is so old that he actually played hoops on a wooden bushel basket nailed to a tree on a dirt court . . . . Sorry couldn't resist

ISU7

Quote from: HF on January 20, 2014, 12:28:07 pm
I hear teelee is so old that he actually played hoops on a wooden bushel basket nailed to a tree on a dirt court . . . . Sorry couldn't resist
And a one on one game against Methuselah....lol ;D 8)

TeeLee

Quote from: ISU7 on January 20, 2014, 07:28:44 am

Maybe you were jesting about the chained nets but our outdoor playground court did have them.  They lasted much longer.
And HF, just to put things in prospective, I've never seen a peach basket used as a goal.  ;)

HorseFeathers

Quote from: TeeLee on January 20, 2014, 09:49:58 pm

Maybe you were jesting about the chained nets but our outdoor playground court did have them.  They lasted much longer.
And HF, just to put things in prospective, I've never seen a peach basket used as a goal.  ;)

Hector still has chain nets on the outdoor courts in front of our old gym....They suck to, as one of them is to small to let a regulation ball fall through.

So...that puts you at less than a 100 yrs old :D Did you play on a dirt court for your homecourt :D

TeeLee

Quote from: HF on January 20, 2014, 10:26:25 pm

Hector still has chain nets on the outdoor courts in front of our old gym....They suck to, as one of them is to small to let a regulation ball fall through.

So...that puts you at less than a 100 yrs old :D Did you play on a dirt court for your homecourt :D

Yep, less than a 100 but long in the tooth.  Our outdoor court was dirt but had a nice gym, held maybe 500 to 600 if your real friendly. It has now been converted into a library. It is a large stone building built by the WPA in the 1930's.  My stepfather was a worker on this building and was where he first saw my mother who was a student there.  My my how the time flys when your having fun.

HorseFeathers

Quote from: TeeLee on January 20, 2014, 10:56:50 pm

Yep, less than a 100 but long in the tooth.  Our outdoor court was dirt but had a nice gym, held maybe 500 to 600 if your real friendly. It has now been converted into a library. It is a large stone building built by the WPA in the 1930's.  My stepfather was a worker on this building and was where he first saw my mother who was a student there.  My my how the time flys when your having fun.

Bet your almost old enough to have played in Snowball...LoL...all that's still standing of the school there is the old gym, and the front of the old High School...

ISU7

Quote from: HF on January 20, 2014, 11:39:31 pm
Quote from: TeeLee on January 20, 2014, 10:56:50 pm

Bet your almost old enough to have played in Snowball...LoL...all that's still standing of the school there is the old gym, and the front of the old High School...
HF were they called the Snowball Fighters... ;D

YC

TeeLee was the guy on the ladder taking the ball out of the basket after each made goal and throwing it back into play ;D

TeeLee

Quote from: IofthaTiger on January 24, 2014, 03:16:45 pm

TeeLee was the guy on the ladder taking the ball out of the basket after each made goal and throwing it back into play ;D

I oftheTiger wanted my job but he is afraid of heights.  Word was he got dizzy standing on a curb.  :D

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas