• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

2A-7 East (8-2A) football conference, scores and news.

Started by Wonderdog, December 16, 2014, 11:25:31 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Wonderdog

December 16, 2014, 11:25:31 pm Last Edit: February 15, 2015, 12:21:06 pm by Wonderdog09
Pleases post material relating to this conference and its teams here. It is difficult to find posters to represent all 10 of the teams. Thanks in advance to those who contribute to the thread. If a team you follow happens to play one of these teams in a non-conference bout, fill us in on how the contest went. For anyone who is unsure of this conferences members, they are the following:
Bearden
Dermott
Hampton
Hermitage
Junction City
Norphlet
Parkers Chapel
Rison
Strong
Woodlawn

Wonderdog

Dec. 9 Sr. Boys
Dermott defeated Strong by 9

Dec. 16 Sr. Boys
Strong defeated Hampton by mercy rule.

Wonderdog

Dec. 16
Strong sr boys over Hampton by about 30

Dec. 18
Hermitage sr girls over Smackover
Hermitage sr boys over Lake Village big

HorseFeathers

Are Woodlawn Boys anygood this year? Hector beat them a couple of weeks ago in a Tournament...

Wonderdog

Quote from: HF on December 22, 2014, 09:31:09 pm
Are Woodlawn Boys anygood this year? Hector beat them a couple of weeks ago in a Tournament...
I don't believe they will be any different than usual.

HorseFeathers

Quote from: Wonderdog09 on December 22, 2014, 10:13:09 pm

Average? Below? I don't follow much 2A basketball outside of Hector's conference.

Wonderdog

Quote from: HF on December 22, 2014, 10:15:39 pm
Quote from: Wonderdog09 on December 22, 2014, 10:13:09 pm

Average? Below? I don't follow much 2A basketball outside of Hector's conference.
Typically not a team to fear. Below average in athleticism and usually out-tempo'd? As well.

Wonderdog

Having seen Dermott, Hampton, Hermitage, Junction City, Parkers Chapel and Strong I would rank these teams as follows:

1. Junction City
2. Dermott
3. Strong
4. Hermitage
5. Parkers Chapel
6. Hampton

Woodlawn, Rison, Bearden and Norplet are unknown to me in terms of quality. My guess is Rison and Woodlawn are about like Hampton. Bearden and Norplet info would be appreciated if anyone has any.

sportsguy21

Woodlawn beat Parkers Chapel 60-50 at PC. Woodlawn's point guard was 17-19 from the line

Wonderdog

Quote from: sportsguy21 on December 24, 2014, 09:45:48 pm
Woodlawn beat Parkers Chapel 60-50 at PC. Woodlawn's point guard was 17-19 from the line
Good for Woodlawn. 17-19 from the line is impressive. That kind of performance will win you some ballgames.

PuddlePirate12

Emerson beat Dermott by 12 early in the season and I believe Dermott may have lost to Bradley as well. If they are number 2 in this district then Junction City should roll through district by 30+ every game

strong#1

Quote from: PuddlePirate12 on December 25, 2014, 02:27:18 am
Emerson beat Dermott by 12 early in the season and I believe Dermott may have lost to Bradley as well. If they are number 2 in this district then Junction City should roll through district by 30+ every game
I highly doubt by 30. Dermott & Strong Both have good teams

Dragon I

pj72501

Quote from: Wonderdog09 on December 23, 2014, 04:43:40 pm
Having seen Dermott, Hampton, Hermitage, Junction City, Parkers Chapel and Strong I would rank these teams as follows:

1. Junction City
2. Dermott
3. Strong
4. Hermitage
5. Parkers Chapel
6. Hampton

Woodlawn, Rison, Bearden and Norplet are unknown to me in terms of quality. My guess is Rison and Woodlawn are about like Hampton. Bearden and Norplet info would be appreciated if anyone has any.

Bearden in the last week, lost to Junction City by 20 at Junction.  Beat Strong by 1, beat Parker's Chapel by 30 at PC, then beat Strong Friday night by 5 at home.  They also beat Norphlet at Norphlet.  If they ever get everything worked out they could make some noise.  They were tied with Junction halfway through the 3rd quarter before Junction City went on a big run.

hogfan32

sportsguy21

Who are the top scorers in conference play so far?

Rida4Life

agreed on Bearden.  they appear to clearly be the 2nd best team in the conference this year.

anonymousbballviewer07

Quote from: Rida4Life on January 20, 2015, 11:43:01 am
agreed on Bearden.  they appear to clearly be the 2nd best team in the conference this year.
Dermott stomped the bears last night 59-39
Last year I never heard about them until they played Cedar ridge the closest

djyungstylez

I think Dermott and JC will got pretty deep in the tournament this year. 

bleudog

February 14, 2015, 10:12:10 am #19 Last Edit: February 14, 2015, 10:34:16 am by bleudog
I've seen the AAA list (CLICK HERE), but c'mon man, looking at a map and correcting a typo on a PDF isn't that hard?

2A 7 East West
Blevins
Dierks
Foreman
Gurdon
Lafayette County
Mineral Springs
Murfreesboro
Spring Hill

2A 7 West East
Bearden
Dermott
Hampton
Hermitage
Junction City
Norphlet
Parkers Chapel
Rison
Strong
Woodlawn

pj72501

Anyone seen the brackets for the district tournament that starts next week?  If you have could you post a picture or link.

Wonderdog

Quote from: bleudog on February 14, 2015, 10:12:10 am
I've seen the AAA list (CLICK HERE), but c'mon man, looking at a map and correcting a typo on a PDF isn't that hard?

2A 7 East West
Blevins
Dierks
Foreman
Gurdon
Lafayette County
Mineral Springs
Murfreesboro
Spring Hill

2A 7 West East
Bearden
Dermott
Hampton
Hermitage
Junction City
Norphlet
Parkers Chapel
Rison
Strong
Woodlawn

Fixed. Didn't even realize i messed that up.

bleudog

Quote from: Wonderdog09 on February 15, 2015, 12:22:02 pm
Quote from: bleudog on February 14, 2015, 10:12:10 am

2A 7 East West
Blevins
Dierks
Foreman
Gurdon
Lafayette County
Mineral Springs
Murfreesboro
Spring Hill

2A 7 West East
Bearden
Dermott
Hampton
Hermitage
Junction City
Norphlet
Parkers Chapel
Rison
Strong
Woodlawn

Fixed. Didn't even realize i messed that up.

My post wasn't aimed at you Wdog.  I think the AAA flip flopped the directions two years ago and didn't correct it this year either.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas