• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Spring Hill vs. Magnet Cove girls 11/20/14

Started by hogfan32, November 17, 2014, 12:10:50 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

hogfan32

this is usually a very intense game, should be interesting to see where the two programs stand after loosing good senior classes. Thoughts? Predictions?

True Fan

MC should have this.

Wait.

What?

Oh never mind. they are playing in the Cracker Barrel gym. Lady Panthers fight foul trouble in a game that comes down to the wire. ;)

Yak

I have heard that this is intense. While both programs have graduated seniors, they seem to just reload. I also heard that playing at Spring Hill is difficult, to say the least. If you like girls basketball, this would be a game to see.

True Fan

hogfan32

I was reading earlier and seen where the senior girls are riding a 51 home game win streak dating back to the 2009 season defeat against wickes. I would say that is a tough place to play in. cant wait to watch!

True Fan

Streak broken. Magnet Cove wins 41-40

Called it. ;D
Quote from: True Fan on November 17, 2014, 12:28:16 pm
Lady Panthers fight foul trouble in a game that comes down to the wire. ;)

CoachGMoney

Wow, what a game! I never been to Spring Hills gym before, but I heard it was a tough place to play (which it was). MC girls came out focused and never really got rattled. At one point, MC had 4/5 starters on the bench for foul trouble while SH had all their starters. Scoring was well distributed, and defense was tremendous (not too many keep Spring Hill girls at 40 points). MC also has a deep bench and is very physical! It looks to be an exciting year for Magnet Cove.

Sweet

I'm assuming SH will play in the MC tournament. If they meet I expect it to get really physical considering what happened at the buzzer last night.

CoachGMoney

They may end up playing each other again, if not in the MC tournament, then maybe in the region/state tournament. I know from a spectator standpoint both teams are very quality girl basketball teams. By all means, this game does not dictate either girls season...you have to "peak" at the right time. For Spring Hill to have approximately 8-9 girls, they can play and hold their own.

hogfan32

very good game! extremely physical game at that. i'm going to say these two teams will meet up again in the magnet cove tournament and probably the state tourney as well. i was shocked by that crew of officials that never really call anything blew their whistle every chance possible last night! in all 4 ball games played. you can usually never get them to make a call. seemed like teams stayed in the bonus all game.       

CoachGMoney

You are correct! I did not watch the Sr boys, but I am sure the officials were the same. Unfortunately, that makes for a long night and travelling teams getting home late. Free throws become even MORE pivotal in a game officiated like that as well.
As for physical play, those girls played very physical! That type of play is indicative of the desire to win by them. I am an MC fan, but I do like the play of #11 and #22 for Spring Hill (even though I am taking nothing away from the rest of them). How many points did 11 and 22 have, if you know by chance?

MrRBurgundy

After reading some of the pre-game hype about this game, I decided to drive down and watch the
game myself. It was a very exciting game to watch and the fans from both sides really got into the
game. Both are good teams and should only get better as the season progresses. However, I will say
I was suprised at the "dirty" play the Magnet Cove team displayed throughtout the game. Some may
call it physical play, however intentional elbows to the face among other things to me is more than
physical play. That makes me wonder if the MC coach teaches that style of play. 

Sweet

Quote from: MrRBurgundy on November 21, 2014, 03:09:12 pm
After reading some of the pre-game hype about this game, I decided to drive down and watch the
game myself. It was a very exciting game to watch and the fans from both sides really got into the
game. Both are good teams and should only get better as the season progresses. However, I will say
I was suprised at the "dirty" play the Magnet Cove team displayed throughtout the game. Some may
call it physical play, however intentional elbows to the face among other things to me is more than
physical play. That makes me wonder if the MC coach teaches that style of play. 

I don't think are necessarily being coached to play that way. These two teams have an interesting history. I may be wrong but I think one has put the other out in the last 3 state tournaments. Last season SH 2 closest games were against MC. A 1 point buzzer beater and by 17. These two teams honestly don't like each other at all.

BigLion10

Ive seen MC play several times in the past few years and never known them to play dirty

ak58

Yes these wo teams don't really like each other. Magnet Coves coach was Lickin' her Chops to finally beat SH again. Not a big fan of the coach either due to her comments to a few of the junior high  players after they fouled out of the game.

CoachGMoney

She does not teach this or any type of "dirty play". If any elbows were " thrown ", it was at the discretion of the players. She is an intense coach that does expect them to play hard and very respectable.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas