• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

early schedules

Started by Head Lion, October 19, 2014, 07:19:57 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Head Lion

Anyone have schedules for the NEA schools, for some of us itching for a little roundball?

Silky Johnson

Local games for Bay for the first couple weeks are Oct. 28 at riverside, bay plays at home against Kipp delta Nov 4, then at ridgefield Nov 7, at marmduke nov 11, and at BIC nov. 14.

NEA Razorback olfan

Brookland girls host Riverside Nov 13th

redrider30

Bad Boys Classic this week at ICC. Oct. 20th - Oct. 25th No games Wednesday.
Teams- Armorel, Bradford, Marmaduke, Mammoth Spring, ICC, Hughes, Nemo Vista, Viola, Hillcrest, Sloan Hendrix, Ridgefield Christian, Tuckerman, Maynard, Ouachita, Flippin, Emerson.
Todays schedule
Armorel vs. Bradford (SG) 3:30
Armorel vs. Bradford (SB) 4:50
Marmaduke vs. ICC (SG) 6:10
Marmaduke vs. ICC (SB) 7:30

Head Lion

WPWells

Someone should run some sort of season-long 2A pick'em!

BigLion10

anybody streaming there early games online

Bigbird2012

how should Dermott be this year?

BICMUSTANG4LIFE

Sure going to miss the Joe V Jones tip off classic this year at the MAC. :'(  It always made for some good early action.  Looks like we dropped it & picked up some more tournaments & classics during the season.
Our SR boys do not play until 11-7 that is  the latest I can remember the Mustangs starting. 

Hogfan167

Never heard of waiting that late to play for a non football school. I figure its the way Bill Taylor wants it but I would love to here his reasoning.

razorbackhog

BICMUSTANG4LIFE, did you get to go to the Blue/Grey game they had Friday night?  A friend of mine went and told me that both the boys and girls looked pretty good.  He said that he was very impressed with the girls.  If you went, what are your thoughts on the Mustangs this year?

Also, I think a lot of people miss having the Joe V Jones Classic.  I think both Junior High's are in the Marmaduke tournament next week.

NEA Razorback olfan

Quote from: razorbackhog on October 22, 2014, 09:11:33 am
BICMUSTANG4LIFE, did you get to go to the Blue/Grey game they had Friday night?  A friend of mine went and told me that both the boys and girls looked pretty good.  He said that he was very impressed with the girls.  If you went, what are your thoughts on the Mustangs this year?

Also, I think a lot of people miss having the Joe V Jones Classic.  I think both Junior High's are in the Marmaduke tournament next week.

If you would tell us about the Marmaduke jr tourney , teams and times in the Jr thread. Thx

BICMUSTANG4LIFE

Quote from: razorbackhog on October 22, 2014, 09:11:33 am

No I didn't make it. I heard good things also!! 

razorbackhog

I posted the Marmaduke JR High tournament info, at least what I have heard anyway.  My friend that went to the BIC Blue/Grey game also told me that he was very surprised that the girls played man to man all night long.  He thinks they will do very well this season, even said make state and might have a shot at making a good deep run in state. 

redrider30

I sure hope BIC's new coach is stubborn and won't play anything but man to man.
11/13/14.

BICMUSTANG4LIFE

Quote from: redrider30 on October 22, 2014, 02:51:07 pm
I sure hope BIC's new coach is stubborn and won't play anything but man to man.
11/13/14.

REDRIDER30: I have told you before the Duke has the best 2 teams in the conference but the good thing is you can only win 1 spot.   ;D

razorbackhog

REDRIDER30, no one is saying that BIC is better than Marmaduke.  Marmaduke is the favorite to win it all this year and rightfully so.  All I was saying is what I was told was supposedly played in their Blue/Grey game and that they looked pretty good playing it. 

As for that matchup on 11/13/14 @ Marmaduke, I don't think Coach Yates will be studpid with what he does offensively or defensively.  I think that even though he has been out a few years is smart enough to know how to coach!!  Marmaduke should win that game on the 13th of November.

redrider30

I don't understand why you BIC fans don't think you can beat Marmaduke. The last 3 years in Jr. High Marmaduke is 15-1 each year in the conference. That one loss each year was to BIC. Oh yee of little faith.

OB11

Should have all Basketball Schedules of all the teams in the state here.

http://members.ahsaa.org/public/userfiles/Media/bbskead20142015.pdf

BICMUSTANG4LIFE

Quote from: redrider30 on October 24, 2014, 10:39:41 am
I don't understand why you BIC fans don't think you can beat Marmaduke. The last 3 years in Jr. High Marmaduke is 15-1 each year in the conference. That one loss each year was to BIC. Oh yee of little faith.

Yes but between JR high & Sr high kids change,  players move in or out , coaches change. They will show up & they will give what they have & we will see if what they have is enough.  Go Lady Mustangs!!!

bdubyab60

Quote from: OliverBoy11 on October 24, 2014, 10:54:43 am

So im looking through EPC's schedule on here and no Earle on it. Since they are in our conference I would assume we would play them. Probably some missing dates on them.

OB11

Quote from: bdubyab60 on October 24, 2014, 01:37:04 pm

So im looking through EPC's schedule on here and no Earle on it. Since they are in our conference I would assume we would play them. Probably some missing dates on them.

That is interesting.  If I was guessing, I'd say it has something to do with football.  Earle and EPC are both anticipating deep playoff runs.  May have waited on setting their games in stone until football was over.  But just a guess.

bdubyab60

Quote from: OliverBoy11 on October 24, 2014, 04:15:50 pm
Quote from: bdubyab60 on October 24, 2014, 01:37:04 pm

That is interesting.  If I was guessing, I'd say it has something to do with football.  Earle and EPC are both anticipating deep playoff runs.  May have waited on setting their games in stone until football was over.  But just a guess.
I would still figure they would show on the schedule and move them if needed

emthawg

Riverside girls lost a close one to ICC by 6, and they travel to Ridgefield tonight.

NEA Razorback olfan

October 27, 2014, 11:58:02 am #24 Last Edit: October 27, 2014, 12:02:39 pm by NEA Razorback olfan
Quote from: emthawg on October 27, 2014, 10:46:08 am
Riverside girls lost a close one to ICC by 6, and they travel to Ridgefield tonight.

Riverside by 12+

Riverside has some good young talent coming up , good luck to the Lady Rebels this season

chickasaw fan

riverside by 25+ esay

NEA Razorback olfan

If I didn't have to work tonight , I would probably go watch this one.

emthawg

Riverside girls over Ridgefield by 56. 

NEA Razorback olfan

Quote from: emthawg on October 27, 2014, 08:57:12 pm
Riverside girls over Ridgefield by 56.

Dang, sounds like Riverside had a pretty good game!!

emthawg

Ridgefield only had 5 players, and they couldn't do a lot.  I will say this for them, they never gave up. 

NEA Razorback olfan

Quote from: emthawg on October 27, 2014, 09:24:50 pm
Ridgefield only had 5 players, and they couldn't do a lot.  I will say this for them, they never gave up.

Yea , that would make it tough, I believe several years ago our girls only had 6 or 7 total players for the season, I think they won 2 games that year.

BoxNOne

Low numbers not only hurts during games but is a killer for practice.

NEA Razorback olfan

October 28, 2014, 02:32:30 pm #32 Last Edit: October 28, 2014, 05:42:16 pm by NEA Razorback olfan
Quote from: BoxNOne on October 28, 2014, 02:17:30 pm
Low numbers not only hurts during games but is a killer for practice.

Box,Very true

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas