• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Top 5 boys and girls

Started by HorseFeathers, October 13, 2014, 10:37:54 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

HorseFeathers

Not looking for a lot of discussion here, but with the season starting in a little over a week...I'll tally the votes on Sunday if anyone is interested in adding their ranking to this.

Just list your top 5 for both, you can add commentary or not, it's up to you.

if we get enough interest I'll do a new one every 2 weeks, Or I guess we could do it every week like the Dim-Gaz does?

razorbackhog

Boys:
1.  EPC
2.  Junction City
3.  Clarendon
4.  Earle
5.  BIC

Girls:
1.  Marmaduke
2.  England
3.  Magnet Cove
4.  JC Westside
5.  BIC

BoxNOne

Boys
1. Clarendon
2. Junction City
3. Earle
4. England
5. Bearden

Girls
1. Marmaduke
2. England
3. JC Westside
4. Magnet Cove
5. Spring Hill

WPWells

Boys:

1. Earle
2. Clarendon
3. East Poinsett County
4. Junction City
5. Buffalo Island Central

Girls:

1. Marmaduke
2. Johnson County Westside
3. England
4. Spring Hill
5. Magnet Cove

HorseFeathers

is westside really going to be that good?

bighurt411

Girls
1. Marmaduke
2. England
3. JC Westside
4. BIC
5. Spring Hill

Don'tknow much about the boys teams. Im not sure if there is any 2A teams from the western
Part of the state that can make a deep run.

bighurt411

Quote from: HF on October 14, 2014, 11:58:47 am

JCW lost to Magnet Cove by 4 last year. They have all but one starter back that was lost
To graduation, and she averaged about five points per game. Two really good shooters
Along with an outstanding power forward and point guard. Should be very solid.

NEA Razorback olfan

Boys
1 Clarendon
2 Earle
3 EPC
4 Junction City
5 BIC

Girls
1 Marmaduke
2 England
3 JC Westside
4 Magnet Cove
5 Spring Hill

HorseFeathers

Quote from: bighurt411 on October 14, 2014, 04:52:16 pm

JCW lost to Magnet Cove by 4 last year. They have all but one starter back that was lost
To graduation, and she averaged about five points per game. Two really good shooters

Good to hear that the west will still be relevant on the girls side of things....I remember 4 or 5 years ago Westside ran the table in regular season, and went 2-3 to end the reason, losing in District Finals, then Region Semis(Don't think we had a consolation game that year) and got beat in first round of state....Hopefully that isn't the case this year :D

bighurt411

Quote from: HF on October 14, 2014, 05:13:26 pm

Good to hear that the west will still be relevant on the girls side of things....I remember 4 or 5 years ago Westside ran the table in regular season, and went 2-3 to end the reason, losing in District Finals, then Region Semis(Don't think we had a consolation game that year) and got beat in first round of state....Hopefully that isn't the case this year :D

That team from 2009 finished 27-4 I think but they ran out of gas. I hope we can male
a deep run this year for sure.

HorseFeathers

Quote from: bighurt411 on October 14, 2014, 05:45:07 pm

That team from 2009 finished 27-4 I think but they ran out of gas. I hope we can male

I watched them at District, Region and State....and it kinda looked like after the first lost it was a blow that just took them out of it. Do you think this year is better than that year?

Cheek

England will be top 5 in Boys and Girls.

PuddlePirate12

Does anyone know anything about Dermott or how good they'll be? My home town team plays them Next Tuesday

BigLion10

I thought dermott shut down or did they just drop football

PuddlePirate12

I think they must have just dropped football. They're in junction city's basketball conference

BigLion10

Oh ok for some reason I thought they shut down the school

HorseFeathers

They're a 1a school thyat petitioned jto play up due to travel

bighurt411

Quote from: HF on October 14, 2014, 05:47:26 pm
Quote from: bighurt411 on October 14, 2014, 05:45:07 pm

I watched them at District, Region and State....and it kinda looked like after the first lost it was a blow that just took them out of it. Do you think this year is better than that year?

The record might not be what that teams was because we play some good bigger schools
But they should go farther.

redrider30

October 16, 2014, 08:27:18 am #18 Last Edit: October 16, 2014, 08:29:24 am by redrider30
Girls
1. Marmaduke
2. England
3. JC Westside
4. Spring Hill
5. Magnet Cove

Boys
1. Earle
2. Clarendon
3. England
4. Junction City
5. BIC

Hogfan167

Boys

1. Junction City
2. Clarendon
3. England
4. Earle
5. EPC

Girls

1. Marmaduke
2. England
3. Spring Hill
4. JC Westside
5. Magnet Cove

BrianfromCarlisle

Boys

1. Clarendon
2. EPC
3. Junction City
4. England
5. Earle

Girls

1. Marmaduke
2. England
3. JC Westside
4. Spring Hill
5. Magnet Cove

Dragon I

Am I too late?

JC
Earle
EPC
Clarendon
England

BigLion10

Girls
1 Marmaduke
2 England
3 JC Westside
4 Spring Hill
5 Magnet Cove

Boys
1 clarendon
2 JC
3 Earle
4 England
5 EPC

Bigbird2012

Can anyone tell me how Dermott should be this season?

Cheek

Quote from: Bigbird2012 on October 20, 2014, 04:19:58 pm

Don't know, but they were very good last season.

Bigbird2012

Do you know how many starters thy lost, if any?

MomaLion

Boys...
Clarendon
Junction City
Earle
England
EPC

Cheek

Quote from: MomaLion on October 21, 2014, 12:04:35 am
Boys...
Clarendon
Junction City
Earle
England
EPC

1. England
2. Clarendon
3. JC
4. Earle
5. EPC

lionfan59

Quote from: Cheek on October 14, 2014, 09:56:00 pm
England will be top 5 in Boys and Girls.
well you know according to the 5-2a this is the only sport us folks know anyways....

littlec2964

Quote from: Bigbird2012 on October 20, 2014, 04:19:58 pm

They lost to Emerson by about 14 and beat Taylor by 12. Have a game at Bradley next week i think.

hogfan32

girls
1. marmaduke
2. England
3. Spring Hill
4. Magnet Cove
5. JC westside

ASURedWolf6

IMO, there's probably some girls teams out there like Spring Hill that could make a run. By I think it's Marmaduke being the HEAVY favorite in girls.

As for boys, do you all believe that EPC is top 5?

Malde

White County Central is pretty darn good as well. They have the starting 5 to play with anyone in the 2A.

thabeast428

Junction city boys will be tough to beat. Also Junction city girls is young but will be a decent team and surprise some folks if they had a better coach that pushed them more

Silky Johnson

The past couple years who has Junction City lost to in the regular season? I know EPC in 2012 finals and in the 2013 Semis, Clarendon in last years semis.

MarionBlueDevil

Earle hasn't won a state title since 2012. I figure they're due. Give me the Bulldogs at the top on the boys side.

BrianfromCarlisle

I will take Clarendon to win it all

Cheek

I will take England.  They will be better this year, and they were the second best team in 2A last year behind Cedar Ridge.

BoxNOne

Earle,Clarendon,England and Junction City would make for two great semifinal games at state.

MomaLion

Lions all the way..The red Lions of course :)

BrianfromCarlisle

Cheek, didn't Clarendon beat England?  Didn't Clarendon lose in the finals?  I know Clarendon won the same regional that England was in last year.  England was in no way better than Clarendon last year.  Good? Yes. Better?  Not a chance.

Silky Johnson

England was Clarendon's only loss last year besides Cedar Ridge and Clarendon beat junction city in the semis. Last second 3 pointer.

BigLion10

Clarendon never played england in the regionals there only game was a england win

Silky Johnson

My mistake. I was told England beat Clarendon in a tournament last year.

Pick_DA_EAGLES

Didn't they play in a tournament at Stuttgart?

Silky Johnson

Maxpreps says they lost 60-58 in the DeWitt tournament.

Pick_DA_EAGLES

Quote from: Silky Johnson on November 08, 2014, 09:56:54 pm
Maxpreps says they lost 60-58 in the DeWitt tournament.

Ok, i knew it was around that area.

Cheek

November 09, 2014, 06:20:31 am #47 Last Edit: November 09, 2014, 07:35:07 am by Cheek
England beat Clarendon last year in the Dewitt Tourn.   We lost to Cedar Ridge by 15 in the State Semi Finals. and it was as 7 point game late in the fourth quarter.  Clarendon got mercy ruled in the ifirst half by Cedar Ridge.  I would say that proves we were better.

MomaLion

Quote from: BrianfromCarlisle on November 08, 2014, 05:48:24 pm
Cheek, didn't Clarendon beat England?  Didn't Clarendon lose in the finals?  I know Clarendon won the same regional that England was in last year.  England was in no way better than Clarendon last year.  Good? Yes. Better?  Not a chance.
England beat Clarendon early in the season in the Dewitt tourney when Ro didn't play at all. So they barely beat us with our star player out. In their minds that makes them better...I beg to differ.

MomaLion

On a side note some of the England players tried to talk to my daughter who was a Clarendon cheerleader...during a time neither team was playing...and they got shot down as well  ;D

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas