• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Speculation on 2016 and Beyond

Started by NWA Hawg, August 07, 2014, 10:30:57 am

Previous topic - Next topic

NWA Hawg

I know its a title on another board already but decided to bring it here to see if we could stir up some discussion on this board. Here is the map I made for the 1a/2a conferences hopefully the link will work. Let me know what you think about it. Obviously it will change with teams moving up and down but this will give you a basic look. Teams that look to cause the most trouble travel wise look to be Trinity Christian, Foreman, Dermott, Strong, Decatur, Eurkea Springs, Benton County School of Arts, and Oark.     
https://mapsengine.google.com/map/edit?mid=zbaagfVli8Io.kpNW2AkSfRT4

Hogfan167

My speculation is that there are a lot of middle to lower level 1A teams that are gonna take some beatings in this new setup.

Moonshiner

Quote from: Hogfan167 on August 07, 2014, 03:23:30 pm
My speculation is that there are a lot of middle to lower level 1A teams that are gonna take some beatings in this new setup.

Maybe so, but it should make them tougher for post season.
Cotter would also be on this list.  They are playing up voluntarily to 3A.  I would assume they would be allowed to go back to their original classification. Which is 2A.

pairofgators

Getting your tail kicked week in and week out does not make you better. It can humiliate kids and take the fun out of the game.

Moonshiner

Padding your schedule with easy wins won't help you get better either. You don't sharpen a knife with a sponge.
They will still play the same Class A schools they've always played.  Most of them already play these 2A teams as well. Don't really see this changing things much.

Hogfan167

When the so called conference season is over,how will teams be seeded for district play. Also, will there still be a conference champion since its really not a conference.

pairofgators

Scheduling USC a few years back really did the Razorbacks good, probably why they have NIU and Nichols State on the schedule this year. I am just saying that there is nothing wrong with building confidence.

RATTLER43

Quote from: Hogfan167 on August 10, 2014, 05:01:22 pm
When the so called conference season is over,how will teams be seeded for district play. Also, will there still be a conference champion since its really not a conference.

Regular season will be in your district which is determined geographically and within 2Aand 1A for our purposes.  Conference tourney will be your 2A conference to determine champions and who moves on.  Seeding process is yet to be determined. 

Moonshiner

Quote from: pairofgators on August 10, 2014, 06:34:49 pm
Scheduling USC a few years back really did the Razorbacks good, probably why they have NIU and Nichols State on the schedule this year. I am just saying that there is nothing wrong with building confidence.

I remember Miami beating us one year in Little Rock.  Something like 52-7. Embarrassed us and everyone wondered why we were playing them. Played them the very next season in Miami and came within a dropped interception from beating them. 
Admittedly Someone like Oark doesn't need, or have to schedule Little Rock Central. But we are talking about regular season basketball. It's not like their entire schedule will be title contending 2A schools.  Most A schools will compete with most 2A schools every year and do quite well. In this part of the state the Class A schools beat the 3A schools on occasion.
Not trying to be difficult, but confidence does you no good if there's not some substance to back it up.

HorseFeathers

Quote from: fann07 on August 07, 2014, 10:30:57 am
I know its a title on another board already but decided to bring it here to see if we could stir up some discussion on this board. Here is the map I made for the 1a/2a conferences hopefully the link will work. Let me know what you think about it. Obviously it will change with teams moving up and down but this will give you a basic look. Teams that look to cause the most trouble travel wise look to be Trinity Christian, Foreman, Dermott, Strong, Decatur, Eurkea Springs, Benton County School of Arts, and Oark.     
https://mapsengine.google.com/map/edit?mid=zbaagfVli8Io.kpNW2AkSfRT4

Of all the schools to notice your missing, Timbo is not marked on your map....Guessing I was eyeballing it cause you'd have them in hector's district...Was trying to figure out how I would justify moving Timbo, Rural Special, and Westside out of the conference and replacing them with MVE(Much better/easier drive than the previous 3 schools)

Real deal

Quote from: Moonshiner on August 10, 2014, 10:59:11 pm

I remember Miami beating us one year in Little Rock.  Something like 52-7. Embarrassed us and everyone wondered why we were playing them. Played them the very next season in Miami and came within a dropped interception from beating them. 
Admittedly Someone like Oark doesn't need, or have to schedule Little Rock Central. But we are talking about regular season basketball. It's not like their entire schedule will be title contending 2A schools.  Most A schools will compete with most 2A schools every year and do quite well. In this part of the state the Class A schools beat the 3A schools on occasion.
Not trying to be difficult, but confidence does you no good if there's not some substance to back it up.

Unlike some other things I totally agree with your take on this.  There probably will be some lopsided games but you get better playing better teams.

Moonshiner

Quote from: Real deal on August 11, 2014, 01:22:03 pm

Unlike some other things I totally agree with your take on this.  There probably will be some lopsided games but you get better playing better teams.

Hey, we found some common ground :)

Real deal

Quote from: Moonshiner on August 11, 2014, 07:04:38 pm
Quote from: Real deal on August 11, 2014, 01:22:03 pm

Hey, we found some common ground :)

Your right, there are other things to I'm sure.  LOL

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas