• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

2A-3 in 2014-15

Started by bbfan89, April 25, 2014, 07:03:38 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

BoxNOne

I saw that Riverside game with Earle. She is as good an 8th grade girl as I've seen in a while.

bdubyab60

Quote from: BoxNOne on December 18, 2014, 10:31:56 pm
I saw that Riverside game with Earle. She is as good an 8th grade girl as I've seen in a while.
Shes gonna be tough for sure. Work on her outside shot some, which isn't bad and could have some D1 schools calling by the time shes a senior

BoxNOne

I assume EPC boys play Earle tomorrow night.

bdubyab60

They do. I'm Going to miss it though, got family coming in for Christmas. I'll try and post what I can

Neafan12

Bic with the win tonight over Rose Bud 71-57 in control through the entire game Hurst had eight threes Pike had 24 rebounds and Depriest made his return with some nice assists and a few threes! Rose bud also shot the three very well!

bdubyab60

EPC and earle tied at 15 after the 1st

bdubyab60

BoxNOne

I figured this would be a dog fight. Bdub, is Bohanon playing for Earle?

bdubyab60

I'm not at the game just getting messages from a friend

bdubyab60

Earle up 3 headed to the 4th

bdubyab60

Earle up 10 5 minutes left.

bdubyab60

ISU7

BoxNOne

I think it was at EPC but not positive. It wasn't in the Jonesboro Sun today.

bdubyab60

hssportfan

The game was in Lepanto and Bohanan killed us. Not  much improvement from the last game. We have a few very selfish players that wants to score but not help rebound or play defense. Time to bench until they learn how to block out, hustle back on defense, and play team ball. Coach is young and inexperienced and its showing. If they won't rebound, sit them down. If they won't play defense, sit them down. If they can't run the offense by now, sit them down. If they listen to the the crowd and not the coach, park them on the bench. We are used to slow starts but unless we do a complete 180 , we will miss regionals for the first time since ???.

BoxNOne

Bohanon did not play when Riverside beat them at Earle. I had heard he was a good player. Sounds like EPC has a ways to go. It can take a young coach a while to figure things out and some never do.

bdubyab60

May be a long year for EPC

mtindian42

this is what was said about bohanon at the future 150 over the summer. in Atlanta GA. where he also brought home MVP honors...Gerry Bohanon, 2018 PF, Arkansas: Bohanon is a bruising and physically imposing power forward who has a strong frame that he uses to get to the rim and finish through contact. He has a high work rate and attacks the glass as though every rebound is his.

ISU7

December 21, 2014, 08:07:31 am #219 Last Edit: December 28, 2014, 11:56:40 am by ISU7
Quote from: mtindian42 on December 20, 2014, 08:16:08 pm
this is what was said about bohanon at the future 150 over the summer. in Atlanta GA. where he also brought home MVP honors...Gerry Bohanon, 2018 PF, Arkansas: Bohanon is a bruising and physically imposing power forward who has a strong frame that he uses to get to the rim and finish through contact. He has a high work rate and attacks the glass as though every rebound is his.
This kid has incredible skills, he's also very smart academic wise.... 8)

birddawg1986

I knew 6 years ago this kid from Earle was going to be something special. When he got off the bus in youth football you were like "WOW", and it was amazing how well this youth kids could move. Yes we had everyone in our league wanting to see his birth certificate. This kid might have his choice in 2018 of what he wants to play in college, and I'm pretty sure he is on the radar of many division one football/basketball lists.

Bodyguard

I tried to tell you all before you would asked for his Birth Certificate to just go in the stands and asked his Pops how old he was and by doing so you would quicky realize that you were inquiring about the son of legendary "The Bull" from Crawfordsville, AR and then and only then would you understand what your dealing with.

ISU7

December 28, 2014, 12:03:27 pm #222 Last Edit: December 28, 2014, 12:06:30 pm by ISU7
Quote from: Bodyguard on December 27, 2014, 05:52:38 pm
I tried to tell you all before you would asked for his Birth Certificate to just go in the stands and asked his Pops how old he was and by doing so you would quicky realize that you were inquiring about the son of legendary "The Bull" from Crawfordsville, AR and then and only then would you understand what your dealing with.
We (Luxora) shut Bull down in football lol..I saw him again for the first time since we were in high school Jurassic Park years ago, at the Earle vs EPC football game, he said he remember me the lil quick wide reciever from Lux that killed them that night in Cville,yep i still have the newspaper clipping to back his words up. :) I was impressed.. 8)Bull was a HUGE running back he was a very imposing figure on the football field.

Bodyguard

2014 Lendel Thomas Classic in Harrison Earle Boys take 3rd place

Game 1
Earle 60
Providence academy 54
OT

Game 2
Coweta OK 74
Earle 72

Game 3
Earle 73
Covington TN 67

Dogs are getting Ready to start the Hunt...

mtindian42

Earle will be tough as usual...

hssportfan

EPC lost at 7A Springdale Harber 72-61. Not as bad as I thought it would be.

bdubyab60

Good showing on the road for EPC

WPWells

bdubyab60

Epc lady Warriors beat riverside tonight. They have been playing some pretty good ball

birddawg1986

January 05, 2015, 09:06:59 pm #229 Last Edit: January 05, 2015, 09:54:17 pm by birddawg1986
Marked Tree boys defeat Walnut Ridge by 3.The new kid transfer looked really good tonight.

BoxNOne

Quote from: bdubyab60 on January 05, 2015, 08:55:34 pm
Epc lady Warriors beat riverside tonight. They have been playing some pretty good ball

That final was 57-47. Riverside lost a starter for the season in the NEA. That will be hard to overcome for Lady Rebels. Riverside won the jr game by 20.

NEA Razorback olfan

Quote from: BoxNOne on January 05, 2015, 09:39:51 pm
Quote from: bdubyab60 on January 05, 2015, 08:55:34 pm

That final was 57-47. Riverside lost a starter for the season in the NEA. That will be hard to overcome for Lady Rebels. Riverside won the jr game by 20.
BoxNOne,
I hate to her that, Hope she wasn't a SR, Congrats on Jr Girls W

BoxNOne

Olfan, she was a sr. Hurt the other knee last year at about the same time. Sad to to see because she has a drive to play the game hard.

NEA Razorback olfan

Quote from: BoxNOne on January 05, 2015, 10:27:03 pm
Olfan, she was a sr. Hurt the other knee last year at about the same time. Sad to to see because she has a drive to play the game hard.

Sorry to hear that, I hate to see players get hurt !!  good luck on ya'lls season!!

bdubyab60

Epc beats Riverside 61 - 50

NEAsupporter

BIC beats Rector 74-57. BIC is now 7-0 in conference and will play Earle Friday night.

BoxNOne

Quote from: bdubyab60 on January 06, 2015, 08:44:33 pm
Epc beats Riverside 61 - 50

An 18-4 3rd quarter doomed the Rebels tonight. The black referee tonight was the worst I have seen all season.

BoxNOne

Quote from: NEAsupporter on January 06, 2015, 09:53:15 pm
BIC beats Rector 74-57. BIC is now 7-0 in conference and will play Earle Friday night.

Rector has really fallen off this year.

birddawg1986

Cross Co beat CRA 48-36

NEAsupporter

Quote from: BoxNOne on January 06, 2015, 10:00:12 pm
Quote from: NEAsupporter on January 06, 2015, 09:53:15 pm

Rector has really fallen off this year.

Yes they have. They still play very hard, they just don't have the size or talent like they've had in previous years.

NeaBaller21

Not the type to look to the officiating when a game is lost, but the one black ref at the Riverside- EPC game called bad the whole game during crucial times

hssportfan

The white ref with glasses was the one calling bad. Obviously a Buster fan. The black did fine, just didn't let the all white home town influence his calls.

BoxNOne

You must have been asleep if you think the black guy did fine. He was worse than horrible.

birddawg1986

Didn't see the game, but a BIG win for EPC on the road. Might be the hottest team in the league right now.

BoxNOne

EPC is playing well right now. I didn't see them run an offensive set all night, but their coach made one very good decision. He went straight man in second half and that decision probably won the game for them. Riverside shredded the EPC press in the first half.

ISU7

Quote from: BoxNOne on January 07, 2015, 07:59:26 am
You must have been asleep if you think the black guy did fine. He was worse than horrible.
How many miss shots and turnovers did the black ref take and have for the Rebels? How many points did he score for the Warriors? lol smh  8) ;D

BoxNOne

Didn't say he cost Riverside the game, just said he was terrible. He doesn't need to be officiating. He didn't even know where to be on the floor. He is just a prime example of how far officiating has fallen these days.

hssportfan

Two of them were bad. Don't just call out the black one. Like I said the one in glasses was far worse than the one you have a problem with.

hssportfan

Quote from: BoxNOne on January 07, 2015, 08:16:17 am
EPC is playing well right now. I didn't see them run an offensive set all night, but their coach made one very good decision. He went straight man in second half and that decision probably won the game for them. Riverside shredded the EPC press in the first half.
The press was killing us and the officials were tagging the fouls to us. If we stayed in that press we lose. EPC's playing better but we still havnt gotten those outside shots to start falling.

hssportfan

Quote from: ISU7 on January 07, 2015, 09:35:48 am
Quote from: BoxNOne on January 07, 2015, 07:59:26 am
How many miss shots and turnovers did the black ref take and have for the Rebels? How many points did he score for the Warriors? lol smh  8) ;D
ISU7 you can check out the game tonigyt on tubetown and make your own determination of which team got the love from the refs.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas