• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Best and Worst of 2015

Started by footballcoach2015, February 02, 2016, 06:42:31 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

footballcoach2015

Saw this on an article thought I'd do it here. Just pick what was the best moment/play/team/game of 2015 and worst.
Best: Warren vs. Nashville
Worst: Arkadelphia vs. FL (Playoffs)

Nip/Tusk

Best team - Nashville obviously
Best game - Nashville vs Warren
Worst team - Berryville
Worst game - Prairie Grove vs Shiloh (wasnt even close to living up to expectations)

~WPS~

Best game: Nashville vs Warren (Thriller as always between these two)
Worst game: Nashville vs Pea Ridge (I still don't know how PR made it that far)
Best moment: Winning a championship obviously, also scoring 42 unanswered on Malvern in route to a mercy rule conference clinching win
Worst moment: Seeing McTelvin Agim line up at QB

whippersnapper

My personal best for the year....
Best game: Lincoln 27 Huntsville 26- Lincoln started their first series with a 89d TD Halfback pass from FR Caleb Llyod to Sr Dalton Barnum. Then held on to a victory after a 2 missed extra points by Huntsville.
Best moment: Lincoln 33 Gentry 12- In the rain on sr night the wolves rushed for over 300 yards and secured the 5 seed in the playoffs.
Worst Game: Keys OK 21 Lincoln 18

hawgfan15

Quote from: ~WPS~ on February 02, 2016, 08:41:13 pm
Best moment: Winning a championship obviously, also scoring 42 unanswered on Malvern in route to a mercy rule conference clinching win

Spot on lol

Very glad that Sosa will be in Fayetteville next fall

SUGARTOWN

Danny Abshier was recently named Outstanding Coach of the Year by the Arkansas High School Coaches Association.

Wpsformerqb

Quote from: hawgfan15 on February 02, 2016, 08:58:33 pm
Quote from: ~WPS~ on February 02, 2016, 08:41:13 pm

Hard to argue with.
Spot on lol

Very glad that Sosa will be in Fayetteville next fall

Danvillegrad77

The best: Watching the Sand Lizards roll on offense.
The worst: The rain and mud burying that offense against Arkadelphia.  such a sad way to see those boys end careers.

Superjack45

Quote from: Danvillegrad77 on February 03, 2016, 01:25:57 pm
The worst: The rain and mud burying that offense against Arkadelphia.  such a sad way to see those boys end careers.
Would have loved to have seen Nashville play Dard in the state 4A game I think they would have matched well against each other. But the weather can give a team that isn't suppose to win a chance because rain and mud kills speed.

~WPS~

Quote from: Superjack45 on February 04, 2016, 11:30:44 am
Would have loved to have seen Nashville play Dard in the state 4A game I think they would have matched well against each other. But the weather can give a team that isn't suppose to win a chance because rain and mud kills speed.
Rain should have helped Dardanelle since they were a phyisical running team. They had no more team speed than Arkadelphia and a ton more physical. A physical run team should fair better in the rain than Arkie's spread option offense. Seems like to me that Dardanelle just didn't want to play that night. 

SUGARTOWN

Quote from: ~WPS~ on February 04, 2016, 12:32:18 pm
Rain should have helped Dardanelle since they were a phyisical running team. They had no more team speed than Arkadelphia and a ton more physical. A physical run team should fair better in the rain than Arkie's spread option offense. Seems like to me that Dardanelle just didn't want to play that night.

Yep, a power team like Dardanelle shouldn't have had any problems in the mud unless they fumbled a lot, which I don't think they did that night.

I think the Sand Lizards being in uncharted territory program wise may have had an effect on them as well.

Superjack45

Quote from: SUGARTOWN on February 04, 2016, 01:23:32 pm
Quote from: ~WPS~ on February 04, 2016, 12:32:18 pm

Yep, a power team like Dardanelle shouldn't have had any problems in the mud unless they fumbled a lot, which I don't think they did that night.

I think the Sand Lizards being in uncharted territory program wise may have had an effect on them as well.
Very well could have been the problem because they ran through pretty much everybody they played and the pressure can cause some kids to be flat and not perform like normal.Not taking anything away from Arkie they played lights out and I think with out their best play Kostner.

whippersnapper

Did Kershner even play in the playoffs for Dardanelle? I know he didn't for Lincoln.

~WPS~

Quote from: whippersnapper on February 04, 2016, 08:32:11 pm
Did Kershner even play in the playoffs for Dardanelle? I know he didn't for Lincoln.
Yes. They held him out of the 1st round.

Jacketman65

I guess, to me, the biggest disappointment of 2015 after all of the hype, talk, insults, chest bumping (by a certain few), hand slapping (by a certain few), bragging, in yo face BS would beeeeeeeeeeeee-----------------  See Below

THE MACHINE!!!

cuckoobird

February 05, 2016, 10:32:37 am #15 Last Edit: February 05, 2016, 10:34:17 am by cuckoobird
Don't worry, the machine will add title 8 within 3 years while your yellowjackets will be looking for their 6th playoff victory. Not everyone can play yellville summit and SA for sure fire wins

bulldoghistorian

My favorite moment from last year would have to be upsetting Pocahontas  on the road in the second round of the playoffs 33-28 with a 41 yard touchdown pass with 35 seconds to go in the game! That Pocahontas team was as good as advertised!!

Pokey03

Quote from: bulldoghistorian on February 05, 2016, 02:09:23 pm
My favorite moment from last year would have to be upsetting Pocahontas  on the road in the second round of the playoffs 33-28 with a 41 yard touchdown pass with 35 seconds to go in the game! That Pocahontas team was as good as advertised!!
Best: Undefeated, conference champs, and thumping Highland
             Worst: Hearing your starting QB wouldn't be playing against Star City (after the smack talk had already began) "that really sucked"

bigchief72455

Quote from: Pokey03 on February 24, 2016, 11:11:37 pm
Best: Undefeated, conference champs, and thumping Highland
             Worst: Hearing your starting QB wouldn't be playing against Star City (after the smack talk had already began) "that really sucked"
That game was awesome. Even in a loss. That is what a playoff game should be. Down to the last seconds.

Pokey03

Quote from: bigchief72455 on February 26, 2016, 02:26:43 pm
That game was awesome. Even in a loss. That is what a playoff game should be. Down to the last seconds.
Agree

VanillaThunder

VanillaThunder

AirWarren

Quote from: cuckoobird on February 05, 2016, 10:32:37 am
Don't worry, the machine will add title 8 within 3 years while your yellowjackets will be looking for their 6th playoff victory. Not everyone can play yellville summit and SA for sure fire wins

Nearly three years in on this prediction.....no new fruit on the tree yet.

I better be careful......this thread may vanish.

cuckoobird

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas