• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

SCORE THREAD- 4A BOYS FINALS(Thur 7:00) Baptist Prep vs Malvern

Started by Brian G, March 06, 2016, 02:22:13 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Who will win?

Baptist Prep
34 (59.6%)
Malvern
23 (40.4%)

Total Members Voted: 57

Voting closed: March 12, 2016, 02:37:13 pm

HorseFeathers

Rocket23

Without them we would be in the dark, hoping for the radio, or there in person...

Great game so far.

cdelaney

NEark tigers

Ctucker

Why didn't Mike Anderson recruit Jones he is a lot better than Watkins!

Romeo

BigLion10

They ought to cut miles he's horrible worse than Watkins

Ctucker

True but Watkins is not very good for D1! Jones is a player!

Rocket23

Miles is done.  WAtkins is only on the team because his dad is assistant.  He was a walk-on until this year.

Look forward to watching Andre at UALR.

Ctucker

Did the people that pick MVP watch the came the twin guard deserved it, can't remember his name!

Ozark Hog

Say all you want to about Jones, but when a freshman can come into a big game and plays lights out thats more impressive  than a senior who's 6 " taller getting his points. Guess Malvern fans can figure out now who the player with the googles is!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Jones didn't anything any better than the Reeves kid.

AirWarren

Ctucker

I don't think he is any better than reaves I'm a reaves fan but Jones has more talent than any guard Arkansas has I wish we would have got both of them!

Ozark Hog

When you take most of the shots you are probably gonna score the most points. Wonder what happen to that Malvern was going to play fast and wear the big boys out?

Ctucker

And also I don't think Vanover can play in Arkansas system! Nothing against him but he needs to go to a different school.

Ozark Hog

Put about 100 pounds of muscle and couple more years of experience and you might change your mind.

bigunit11

Jones was the best player on the floor, The big kid and the young guard have a chance to be really ggod players before they are finished.

Ctucker

I think big kid has talent. Are you going to tell me he is going to get quicker when he gains a 100 pounds! I'm for all Arkansas kids I just would like him to go to a school were he can use it and I don't think Arkansas is it the way they play! I'm not saying anything bad about him!

neds

Quote from: Ctucker on March 10, 2016, 08:28:57 pm
And also I don't think Vanover can play in Arkansas system! Nothing against him but he needs to go to a different school.

Agree

Ctucker

Thanks Ned. I'm good friends with Jason Jennings and Arkansas wasn't for him!

BigLion10

Honestly a place like Arizona or Gonzaga would be ideal for the younger brother

sportsfan-3

Great teams and great game.  Andre Jones looked like a leader.  I wish he was going to be a Razorback.

Ozark Hog

Who said we will have the same coach at Arkansas when he is a senior :()

Ctucker

Ctucker

I think we can recruit Arkansas and be successful! Imo!

Ozark Hog

Ctucker

Real impressed with freshman from Prep! They should be contenders next year too.

Eagle20

Quote from: Ctucker on March 10, 2016, 08:23:34 pm
Did the people that pick MVP watch the came the twin guard deserved it, can't remember his name!
Sad but the MVP is picked by the coach in advance.  I don't understand that but......

LRRandy

Quote from: Eagle20 on March 10, 2016, 11:42:14 pm
Sad but the MVP is picked by the coach in advance.  I don't understand that but......
the MVP as I understand it is for the state tournament not just the final game. Cory (#3) with the combination of scoring and ball handling had an MVP performance in tonight's game. In total though it's hard to argue with the selection. Connor (23) with his presence and movement on defense ( read shot blocking) and all but eliminating oppositions second chance on their offensive end as well as his near flawless shooting makes him the right choice. Brandon's (32) post play on offense and sacrificing his body taking charges ( that's a long way to fall when a 7' takes a charge) was pivotal. Chad (11) going strong to the hole and shooting as well as tough defense is yet another reason this team is tough to beat. Dillan (2) showed up strong again this year in state and what more can you say about Isaac (5) coming off the bench with his electric play and great shooting. James ( 1) brought good minutes with his rebounding and great effort on D. The team defense won the game. Jones went for 31 ( he is truly a gifted player) but he was cut off many times and in the second half couldn't get loose to really get Malvern into contention.
Congratulations Baptist Prep Eagles!!
State Champs.

AirWarren

Quote from: Ctucker on March 10, 2016, 08:28:57 pm

Both appeared very slow.

Gray lizard

I would like to give a big thanks for this game being on TV.  I enjoyed it very much and there is no way I could have watched it with out the broadcast.

I got to watch Baptist Prep play 3 times this year.  I want to state I have the upmost respect for Brandon Vanover.  That young man puts ever thing he has into playing basketball.  I can tell it is painful for him getting up and down the floor, but he just keep going.  I saw him go to the floor after a lose ball.  You will not see many big men do that.  When he made his move to the basket you just knew it was going in.  I felt he was the MVP.
Congrads to Baptist Prep on a great year.

AirWarren

1998billieblue

Ozark Hog

First of all let me say Congratulations to all the team who won state championships last night, it is great accomplishment for those young ladies and gentlemen.
I would also like to say that Andre  Jones is a good ball player, however the Play by play people who were commending him every time he made a play, apparently did not watch Marcus Brown from Earle, he was every bit as good as Jones and no doubt could play for any conference it the state. If Jones is UALR material I believe Brown is to.
If the young freshman from BP will  continue to work hard to try and elevate his game, by his senor year he will getting a lot of offer from D-1 schools. Very impressive what he did in the biggest game of his young career. Very seldom will you see a freshman out on the floor handling the ball in crunch time of a game.  Jones could not take the ball away from him when he was guarding him out front on the press.
Also it seemed I kept hearing that most teams were going run BP up and down the floor and wear them out with a fast tempo game. Not only did none in the tournament do that, most didn't  even press them that much.   

woopig123

smallybells

eagle1

Really good game to watch (well coached, well officiated, and well played). Two heavyweights battling toe to toe. Baptist showed a lot of discipline by never panicking when Malvern made a run at end of first half and start of second. Complete team effort by the Eagles (great defense, 4 guys in double digits pts, patience on offense). I knew Jones was very good, but man.......Wish him nothing but great success at UALR. #0 also played a very solid game as did Hughes.   

Ctucker

Quote from: eagle1 on March 11, 2016, 02:01:51 pm
Really good game to watch (well coached, well officiated, and well played). Two heavyweights battling toe to toe. Baptist showed a lot of discipline by never panicking when Malvern made a run at end of first half and start of second. Complete team effort by the Eagles (great defense, 4 guys in double digits pts, patience on offense). I knew Jones was very good, but man.......Wish him nothing but great success at UALR. #0 also played a very solid game as did Hughes.   
+1

Ozark Hog

So  none of you were impressed with the  Brown kid from Earle?  I thought he looked every bit as good as Jones he  scored 30 was team player , what did Jones do that was so much greater one led his team to the title and the other came in second!!!!

smallybells

Quote from: Ozark Hog on March 11, 2016, 02:55:02 pm
So  none of you were impressed with the  Brown kid from Earle?  I thought he looked every bit as good as Jones he  scored 30 was team player , what did Jones do that was so much greater one led his team to the title and the other came in second!!!!

Um, this is the 4A Board in a thread about the 4A championship game. Why would they be discussing about a player from Earle?

Ozark Hog

Because this is still America and I can comment on anything I want.

smallybells

Quote from: Ozark Hog on March 11, 2016, 03:12:38 pm
Because this is still America and I can comment on anything I want.

You're right, but if I go into a Burger King asking for a Big Mac, I shouldn't be surprised when people give me a stupid look.

Ozark Hog

Comparing two players from different conference, You would think I had robbed a bank. You must be a Malvern fan. I have been on sites all over this forum and people talk about players from other schools, was not aware you had to only talk about 4-A. Thought  It was a basketball forum not a private site for 4-A!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Should I get your permission the next time?

smallybells

Gray lizard

I have not seen the boy from Earl play.  I do not have a problem talking about him just have nothing to add.

smallybells

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas