• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

4A South Regional @ Dumas

Started by ~WPS~, February 20, 2016, 10:49:46 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

~WPS~

Girls

Star City 47
Malvern 14
Final

zebrafan

itsslim

no way they are better than Fayetteville Bentonville parkview hot springs, Jonesboro  those are just five teams off the dome

~WPS~

urban legend2

Quote from: itsslim on February 24, 2016, 08:32:29 pm
no way they are better than Fayetteville Bentonville parkview hot springs, Jonesboro  those are just five teams off the dome
No. 3 in 4A

itsslim

oh ok gotcha, I like the jones kid, very athletic

Code3Cat

Monticello 15 Waldron 11 end of 1st

~WPS~

Code3Cat

Quote from: ~WPS~ on February 24, 2016, 08:52:43 pm
Is Waldron shooting good?

decent, but actually getting points driving to the basket.  Scrappy bunch.  20-18 Monticello 2 mins left in the 2nd

1998billieblue

27-20 Monticello halftime.  Monticello is 4-15 at ft line.

Code3Cat

Monticello 27 Waldron 20 Halftime.  Monticello hit a little spurt late in the quarter including a 3 at the buzzer to stretch their lead

Code3Cat

35-31 monticello starting the 4th

zebrafan

Quote from: itsslim on February 24, 2016, 08:32:29 pm
There 3rd the 4A Top 6. Comes out every Sunday. The overall Top 10 in the state is there too...can't remember how that one looks though.

zebrafan

Quote from: itsslim on February 24, 2016, 08:41:03 pm
oh ok gotcha, I like the jones kid, very athletic
Interested to see how he does at UALR next year.

Billie Blue

~WPS~

zebrafan

Monticello 43-33 with 3:43 left, Twitter said there still up 10 with 2:17 left didn't say the exact score though.

zebrafan

BobKat

what are yalls predictions on tomorrow's games? I believe all 8-4A teams will beat 7-4A teams tomorrow. Girls and Boys.

Billie Blue

Quote from: zebrafan on February 24, 2016, 09:59:33 pm
Monticello 57
Waldron 46

Final
That was a UGLY win but I'll take it  poor free throw shooting and the score shouldn't have been that close didn't have one of our starters at the games was at home nursing a injury should be available for Friday night  sure would have helped us out

Billie Blue

Quote from: BobKat on February 24, 2016, 10:47:42 pm
what are yalls predictions on tomorrow's games? I believe all 8-4A teams will beat 7-4A teams tomorrow. Girls and Boys.
My first day predictions are all right so far 8-4A is 3 and 1 go to the first part of this thread to see my predictions for tomorrow win 2 lose 2

Bulldog92

Billie I'm pretty sure 2-2 is a safe bet. DW boys and Monticello girls I feel like will win. After watching Fountain Lake girls play DW girls tonight, 8-4A might get all four girls teams to state??? Dumas girls might just pull off the upset!!!

THE D.O.C

February 24, 2016, 11:58:57 pm #122 Last Edit: February 25, 2016, 12:02:54 am by THE D.O.C
Quote from: Bulldog92 on February 24, 2016, 11:32:16 pm
Billie I'm pretty sure 2-2 is a safe bet. DW boys and Monticello girls I feel like will win. After watching Fountain Lake girls play DW girls tonight, 8-4A might get all four girls teams to state??? Dumas girls might just pull off the upset!!!

THE D.O.C

Well, after the Monticello/Waldron game? I see no body is commenting on Monticello, are they defending state champs, why so close vs  the 4th placed team from 7. I'm sure Malvern will play better next game, I'm not picking them to lose.

hawgfan15

Quote from: BobKat on February 24, 2016, 10:47:42 pm

You hope

1998billieblue

Monticello didn't play good at all.  Shot 34% from
FT.  They also had a starter sit the game due to injury.  Should be 100% Friday.

Billie Blue

Quote from: THE D.O.C on February 25, 2016, 12:03:09 am
Well, after the Monticello/Waldron game? I see no body is commenting on Monticello, are they defending state champs, why so close vs  the 4th placed team from 7. I'm sure Malvern will play better next game, I'm not picking them to lose.
Yes we are defending state Champs and had a bad game missed free throws and way to many turnovers but we still pulled it off  never did get behind the closest Waldron got was 2 points if I'm not mistaken  but malvern was trailing hamburg last night a couple of times  but they won also  we got our bad game behind us and will get our missing starter back from injury Friday and things should go better malvern better look out for dollarway if they win tonight they are a good team also

itsslim

#3 Ashdown Panthers vs. #2 Dollarway Cardinals
Bobcat Arena, Dumas, Ar
February 25, 5:15 (pre game)
Live stream with video and commentary:www.nfhsnetwork.com/schools/dollarway-high-school-pine-bluff-ar

Dollarway Cardinals
Head Coach:Ellis Berry
Record at Dollarway:300+ wins 150+ losses(25+years)
2016 record:21-5
2016 conf. record:13-1
last 4 weeks:8-0
ppg scoring:55.7
ppg allowed:45.2

Ashdown Panthers
Head Coach:James Smith
Record at Ashdown:33-47(4th year)
2016 record:9-10
2016 conf. record:7-7
last 4 weeks:5-5
ppg scoring:48.1
ppg allowed:48.5

Players to watch:
Dollarway
Sr. PF 6'3" #24 Keshon Douglas 16.5 ppg, 8.2 rpg, 1.7 spg
Sr. PG 5'9" #4 Kendrick Hunter 12.5 ppg, 3.5 spg, 2.8 apg

Ashdown
Sr. Ath 6'1" #22 Brandon Northcross averaged 10 ppg in district tourney
So. Ath 5'10" #12 Anthony Nelson averaged 8.3 ppg in district tourney

Notes
Dollarway Cardinals, co champions in the 8-4A conference, are on a 9 game winning streak, having defeated co champion Monticello February 11 in OT, earning the #2 seed by virtue tie breaker points. The Cardinals are led by Douglas, a two sport star, who has an offer from Millsaps, Mississippi college, and is being recruited by Arkansas Pine Bluff, Middle Tennessee, and Mid South. The Dollarway Cardinals are 5-4 on a neutral court and 1-0 at Dumas Arena having defeated Dumas in February.  The Ashdown Panthers earned the #3 seed having defeated Waldron Saturday.  The Panthers are led by Northcross who has signed to play football at Central Arkansas as a Wr. The Panthers are 0-1 on a neutral court.

hawgfan15

The player to watch for Ashdown is G Austin Cross. He can light it up

Billie Blue

Monticello lady billies 33 to 11 over Bauxite at the half

itsslim

Bulldog92

Billie Blue

Billie Blue

Monticello lady billies 76 bauxite lady minors 57 Final Know Rd 3 Dollarway  lady Cardinals  vs Monticello Lady Billies

zebrafan

zebrafan

Code3Cat

Dollarway 27 Ashdown 14 Halftime

zebrafan

zebrafan

sportsguy80

zebrafan

Bulldog92

Dumas makes their free throws and quits cross court passing this a whole different ballgame!!

zebrafan

~WPS~

Girls

Nashville 57
Dumas 42
Final

~WPS~

hawgfan15

Nashville boys up 18 in the 3rd quarter

Nashville 42

Dumas 24

hawgfan15

Nashville 44

Dumas 31

End of the 3rd

~WPS~

Boys

Nashville 44
Dumas 31
End 3rd

At the end of the 3rd a Dumas play sunk a full court shot but didn't get it off in time.

hawgfan15

Dumas is making a run with 3:00 minutes left in the 4th

Nashville 51

Dumas 46

hawgfan15

Nashville 52

Dumas 49

1:20 left in the game. Nashville's ball

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas