• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

How many quarters are a player allowed to play in a night

Started by Hornet guy, January 27, 2016, 09:18:27 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Hornet guy

There is a Jr high here at Harrisburg that plays 8 quarters a night . Plays all the 7th grade game and Jr high game can they do that .

LRRandy

A player can play 5 quarters a night JV/Varsity combined. I don't think there is any kind of regulation below the varsity level but I could be wrong.

Hornet guy

Not that it really matters they have only won 2 games . Was just wondering . Thanks for the answer .

tacomeat

Quote from: LRRandy on January 27, 2016, 09:35:38 am
A player can play 5 quarters a night JV/Varsity combined. I don't think there is any kind of regulation below the varsity level but I could be wrong.

Same for 7th & Junior High. Only 5 qtr a in a given day.

BigMan15

Very true last year my son was in 7th but also started for the Jr high team if they played on the same night he could only play usually 1 quater of the 7th grade game he couldnt play 2 complete quaters then play all the jr high game.

Hornet guy

BigMan15

The opposing coach can complain but unless its a prolbem for you the kid will get better the more he plays.

Hornet guy

January 27, 2016, 11:53:17 am #7 Last Edit: January 27, 2016, 11:58:19 am by Hornet guy
He already is the best player on both teams . I just feel like the coach is hurting his teams chances of developing other players . When you have a program as weak as ours you need to develop as many players as you can . With are Jr high program in the shape it is the future looks really bleak for Harrisburg .

WhatsUrRingSize

Quote from: Hornet guy on January 27, 2016, 11:53:17 am
He already is the best player on both teams . I just feel like the coach is hurting his teams chances of developing other players . When you have a program as weak as ours you need to develop as many players as you can . With are Jr high program in the shape it is the future looks really bleak for Harrisburg .
[/quote I'm gonna start by saying I  guess you have a kid that's on the bench not good enough to play so your mad. Harrisburg has been terrible for years and Coach Robinson has worked his butt off trying to build something that Harrisburg has never had a good basketball  program.(FOOTBALL SCHOOL).Yes the Jr high isn't very good but they r  very young. Coach feels like his best players are 7Th graders then play them. The problem with a lot of high school coaches is they play kids just to be playing them BC who their parents are you will never be successful as a coach doing that. Kids get better in practice and on their own time not in a game when it counts. I have been reading that the Sr boys have improved a bunch (9-12) in a tough conf with a couple of close games lost in OT @ Gosnell and played Pocahontas good.The Sr boys play 4 to 5 soph and a couple Jr's and only have 1 Sr on the team so they will be in good shape for a couple more yrs.  Yall have bigger fish to worry about at Harrisburg than a Jr boys team yall have a loaded Sr high girls team that hasn't  done anything like they should just saying.

Hornet guy

January 28, 2016, 08:37:23 am #9 Last Edit: January 28, 2016, 08:39:22 am by Hornet guy
First off let me tell you one thing I do not have a kid that plays . This is the worst Jr high team I have seen play when u only score on a average of 20 points a game u r not going to win . Second thing yes the St high team has made great improvements they have won there first conf game since Robinson has been here in 2 years . I was just asking a simple question . To tell you the truth I could careless what Robinson does with the team . I just know what I see the future is very bleak for Harrisburg after the next couple of years . You know we are not recruiting players like the all mighty  Bay does .

Hornet guy

They are 7-12 is Sr high record with the only wins against teams other than 1a and 2 a teams is against Trumann twice . Ridgefield twice  , Southland , PW , Trumann twice, and marmaduke in a benefit game

WhatsUrRingSize

Quote from: Hornet guy on January 28, 2016, 08:37:23 am
First off let me tell you one thing I do not have a kid that plays . This is the worst Jr high team I have seen play when u only score on a average of 20 points a game u r not going to win . Second thing yes the St high team has made great improvements they have won there first conf game since Robinson has been here in 2 years . I was just asking a simple question . To tell you the truth I could careless what Robinson does with the team . I just know what I see the future is very bleak for Harrisburg after the next couple of years . You know we are not recruiting players like the all mighty  Bay does .
Hey punk sounds like mb you need to we have 3 rings working on 4 and 5. Guys like you don't even have a clue whats going on. Bay hasn't recruited anyone its called winning and kids want to win so they move. Bay has people come to them bc they want to win State championships. I don't believe one sec you don't  have anyone playing bc why else would you be on FF crying over a 7Th grader playing its Jr high  know one cares.

So I guess Harrisburg recruits also y'all got a move in from Valley View this yr. Harrisburgs best player on the SR girls team is a move in. Every school in NEA has move in name one Sr high boys team that has all home grown kids zero.

Hornet guy

Who is the best player that is a move in . He came from weiner when they closed . They where already a part of Harrisburg schools .

WhatsUrRingSize

Quote from: Hornet guy on January 28, 2016, 08:57:13 am
Who is the best player that is a move in . He came from weiner when they closed . They where already a part of Harrisburg schools .
I said the girls best player from Westside. The boys have  one from Valley View you don't even know ur own team. What a joke a real fan just trying to start crap with the coach grow up.

Hornet guy

She is not really a move in she grew up here when her parents split up she moved to west side . She decide to move back with her dad this year . I was just asking a simple question . Not a big deal to me rumor is the Jr high player in question is moving to Brookland or Westside next year anyway .

Hornet guy

If I wanted to start crap with the coach I would say it to his face .

WhatsUrRingSize

Quote from: Hornet guy on January 28, 2016, 09:05:31 am
She is not really a move in she grew up here when her parents split up she moved to west side . She decide to move back with her dad this year . I was just asking a simple question . Not a big deal to me rumor is the Jr high player in question is moving to Brookland or Westside next year anyway .
The 7th grader isnt going any where.

Hornet guy

We will see then why r the parents saying he his . Just like the Mack kid was not going anywhere he is at Westside now .

WhatsUrRingSize

Quote from: Hornet guy on January 28, 2016, 09:11:27 am
We will see then why r the parents saying he his . Just like the Mack kid was not going anywhere he is at Westside now .
Time will tell but i don't see the Honeycuts leaving Harrisburg.If they r  mb I need to call and see if they want to come to Bay.

Hornet guy

WhatsUrRingSize

Quote from: Hornet guy on January 28, 2016, 09:11:27 am
So does this mean Westside recruited Mack or did he just move let me guess Bay is the only one that recruits they don't just get move ins

WhatsUrRingSize

Quote from: Hornet guy on January 28, 2016, 09:06:57 am
If I wanted to start crap with the coach I would say it to his face .
No you  wouldn't or you wouldn't be on here running that trap.

Hornet guy

Let me tell you something if I had a problem with Hunter I would go straight to him . I was only asking a simple question and you came on here running your mouth . When it had nothing to do with you . Stay on the 1a forum . No the Mack kid left to make it easier on his mother who works in Jonesboro and to play for a winning program .

WhatsUrRingSize

Quote from: Hornet guy on January 28, 2016, 10:59:09 am
Let me tell you something if I had a problem with Hunter I would go straight to him . I was only asking a simple question and you came on here running your mouth . When it had nothing to do with you . Stay on the 1a forum . No the Mack kid left to make it easier on his mother who works in Jonesboro and to play for a winning program .
I know who u r and this is sad ur doing this I am gonna end it there.

NEA Razorback olfan

Hornet guy

NEA Razorback olfan

Umm....Harrisburg played hard and scrappy , I thought #14,&#11 did a good job for them on the press break.
As a team They just had a tough time keeping the ball under control or finishing shots.
Brookland was a lot deeper and rotated 5 in and 5 out. Plus Brookland had more speed and really pushed the ball up the floor for layups or kicked it out for open 3's.

Hornet guy was you there?

Hornet guy

Hornet guy

Was getting ready for the final weekend of duck slaying.

NEA Razorback olfan

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas